• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [7.1.2] [grouper] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [2021/03/13]

Search This thread

ud4

Apr 9, 2013
Minsk
2okPze5.png

This ROM is for grouper (Nexus 7 2012 with WiFi). ROM for tilapia (Nexus 7 2012 with 3G) You can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-7/3g-development/rom-lineageos-14-1-t3978723

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Device-specific source code:

Downloads:

What works?

• Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, etc.)
  • Camera
  • Video (playback & recording)
  • Audio (playback & recording)
  • GPS
  • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues:
  • You tell me

Installation Instructions:
  • Make a backup!
  • Install TWRP recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
  • Download the ROM and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
  • Flash the ROM and then GApps
  • Reboot your tablet
  • Enjoy!
Credits:
  • LineageOS team
  • @AndDiSa - for tree, optimizations and patches
  • @aaopt - for his LOS 14.1 tree

Last edited:

Diego_992

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires, ARG
I have installed and tested the ROM, it is pretty snappy and fluid but i have encountered a bug in audio throw headphones. Only left speaker works and the right headphone kicks in when the volume is high. It is not my headphones as i have tested them with other devices and it is not the headphone jack, with other roms it worked fine.

ud4

Apr 9, 2013
Minsk
Updated with various NFC fixes. Update with security patches will be available as soon as the changes are published in the LineageOS repository.

Reactions: Retapic

wigginst

Aug 6, 2011
Anyone have a Hulu and Disney + fix or workaround for this? Netflix is fine. But the other two won't work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

wigginst

Aug 6, 2011
Hello, Widevine really doesn't work, I'll try using another repository for widevine, thanks for the report!
Thanks. Everything else seems to work for me except those 2 apps. Passing it on to my kid so she will kinda want those. I tried the workarounds in Magisk but those didn't help.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

imafoaf

Aug 8, 2020
EDIT: Ignore my amateur question. I had forgotten you need to enable developer mode by tapping Build Number multiple times! I did, and actually changed the root access permissions to app and ADB. The addonsu 14.1 utility worked beautifully to gain root access. Root Checker verified it.

I was able to install Linux Deploy, Install Debian jessie and run X-Windows. All done as a chroot process under LineageOS! This was my goal. This probably would have worked under AOSP 7.1.2 also, but installing an older version of Debian. The arm branch was deprecated for much of the X-Windows system om later versions.

Great ROM!

Can root access be achieved with this ROM? I tried with LineageOS’s addonsu. Root Checker reported no root access. I also noticed there were no “developer” settings under Settings. I thought that might indicate no rooting was allowed.

The ROM itself is VERY nice, but I need root access for Linux Deploy. Good job! Thank you.

Last edited:

Adv.Chirag

Aug 3, 2014
Thank you so much for this. Got my Nexus 7 up and running. So far so good. Speaker volume seems very low. Apart from that everything looks good. Thanks again. :):eek:

Moderator Edit: Please do not quote full OP to save some space, thx. @Adv.Chirag

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

This ROM is for grouper (Nexus 7 2012 with WiFi). ROM for tilapia (Nexus 7 2012 with 3G) You can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-7/3g-development/rom-lineageos-14-1-t3978723

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Device-specific source code:

Downloads:

What works?

• Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, etc.)
    • Camera
    • Video (playback & recording)
    • Audio (playback & recording)
    • GPS
    • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues:
    • You tell me

Installation Instructions:
    • Make a backup!
    • Install TWRP recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    • Flash the ROM and then GApps
    • Reboot your tablet
    • Enjoy!
    Credits:
    • LineageOS team
    • @AndDiSa - for tree, optimizations and patches
    • @aaopt - for his LOS 14.1 tree
    New March build is available!
    ROM updated with last January security patch!
    ROM updated with last July security patch!
    ROM updated with last August security patch!