• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][7.1.2][IDO][SUBSTRATUM] Official AOKP Nougat for Redmi 3

Search This thread

KonikoO

Sep 8, 2015
Right now I've switched to this rom and combined it with Chtolly Kernel for ElementalX governor; MicroG as a replacement for GApps and set of Xposed + Magisk + Viper4Android. Works like charm - Smooth as butter and battery life is great.

KonikoO

Sep 8, 2015
A little howto with proper links? Thanks!!

Well it's quite complicated at first but if you will use ready-to-go packages that somebody has done before you it's easy.
You might want to look for Fire MicroG packages or NanoDroid project. Both provide reliable packages that are just ready to be flashed ontop of your AOKP. Wipe out everything, flash AOKP, flash MicroG package(s), flash Magisk 16.0 and be free :)

Niroshft

Oct 30, 2016
Wadduwa
Bugs:
- Does not see contacts on the SIM card

There's an option to import contacts from sim card to phone or gmail contacts. Contacts > import/export> import form sim card
Try it :eek:

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Hello everybody...! I just installed this AOKP rom yesterday & I was amazed by the smoothness, speed & performance. Coming from lineage os 14.1, RR oreo, RR N. So far this is really good and smooth.
One thing though, the screen doesn't off / go to sleep when on a call. I mean the proximity sensor doesn't work. Does anybody have that issue?

Niroshft

Oct 30, 2016
Wadduwa
Hello everybody...! I just installed this AOKP rom 4 days ago & I was amazed by the smoothness, speed & performance. Coming from lineage os 14.1, RR oreo, RR N. So far this is really good and smooth.
One thing though, the screen doesn't off / go to sleep when on a call. I mean the proximity sensor doesn't work. Does anybody have that issue?

Jonisetiyawan

Sep 9, 2018
Hello everybody...! I just installed this AOKP rom 4 days ago & I was amazed by the smoothness, speed & performance. Coming from lineage os 14.1, RR oreo, RR N. So far this is really good and smooth.

Same here, but im in LOS 14.1

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Right now I've switched to this rom and combined it with Chtolly Kernel for ElementalX governor; MicroG as a replacement for GApps and set of Xposed + Magisk + Viper4Android. Works like charm - Smooth as butter and battery life is great.

Which viper4android are you installed?

arquillos

Mar 5, 2010
Madrid
Hi everyone!
I´m using an old nightly version (aokp_ido_nougat_nightly_2018-03-17_ota.zip). It runs flawless!!!

I´m thinking in updating to latest "ota": aokp_ido_nougat_nightly_2018-10-24_recovery.img

The method to update it, as said in the first post will be:
Upgrade from previous build
Copy the ROM zip on your phone
Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
Flash/Install ROM new build version
Reboot

BUT, there is also a recovery image to donwload: "aokp_ido_nougat_nightly_2018-10-24_recovery.img"

Is this necessary to flash?

Anyone using this latest version? Is there any improvements over older ones?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Niroshft

Niroshft

Oct 30, 2016
Wadduwa
Hi everyone!
I´m using an old nightly version (aokp_ido_nougat_nightly_2018-03-17_ota.zip). It runs flawless!!!

I´m thinking in updating to latest "ota": aokp_ido_nougat_nightly_2018-10-24_recovery.img

The method to update it, as said in the first post will be:

BUT, there is also a recovery image to donwload: "aokp_ido_nougat_nightly_2018-10-24_recovery.img"

Is this necessary to flash?

Anyone using this latest version? Is there any improvements over older ones?

Thank you in advance!

That is a problem me too. I am also planning to install the latest one. I also would like to know what is that recovery image for. (Earlier I have tried AOKP & installed only the zip & it worked fine though)
One other thing, is the version you're using very fast & smooth? Does it stuck or slows down sometimes on some occasions? Does it lags sometimes when using the sms app, when opening it & opening keyboard while messaging? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

That is a problem me too. I am also planning to install the latest one. I also would like to know what is that recovery image for. (Earlier I have tried AOKP & installed only the zip & it worked fine though)
One other thing, is the version you're using very fast & smooth? Does it stuck or slows down sometimes on some occasions? Does it lags sometimes when using the sms app, when opening it & opening keyboard while messaging? Thanks.

I googled the AOKP recovery & someone has mentioned it is a separate recovery developed by AOKP. I think it is not necessary to install since we've got a better TWRP recovery. :D

Paleskin

Apr 15, 2010
I wish for additional small feats, a charging indicator near the battery percentage on status bar, and an auto brightness toggle on the quick drawer, if it is possible, thanks :3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Faokp.co%2Fimages%2Fcms-images%2F106.png
    Android. Infused with magical unicorn bytes
    The unicorn eats nougat and farts rainbows

Hi,
    Here is official AOKP 7.1.2 for the Xiaomi Redmi 3

Features:
    • Substratum Support
    • ROM Control
    • AppLauncher settings
    • Wakelock Settings
    • DT2S Lockscreen Settings
    • Notifications Drawer settings
    • Customizable power menu
    • Advanced sound settings
    • Special statusbar settings
    • Interface settings
    • Listview
    • Toast
    • Animation
    • Transparencies
    • Advanced settings for NavBar.
    • More...

Requirements:
    - Unlocked Bootloader
    - TWRP

How to install:
    • From stock
    • Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    • Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    • Backup your phone!
    • Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    • Flash/Install ROM
    • Reboot in recovery again
    • Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM 7.1 Mini or smaller is recommanded)
    • Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    • Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    • Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    • Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    • Flash/Install ROM new build version
    • Reboot

Changelog - http://gerrit.aokp.co Nougat
    Site official - http://aokp.co/
    GitHub - https://github.com/AOKP

Builds Downloads:
    Official Download
    http://xfer.aokp.co/?developer=AOKP&folder=ido

Last unofficial build
    IDO - Folder in AFH

GApps Recomended:
    http://opengapps.org/

Thanks to:
    • LineageOS
    • AOKP
    • to all contributors and donators

Source Code:
    Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8916

Can you pour me some coffee?

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3

Contributors
    EsromG5, Junior Mesquita (tester)
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Custom Recovery
    Based On: AOKP, LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-04-10
    Last Updated 2017-04-17
    Official build version 7.1.2 is already in the build queue, enjoy it when available.
    Good news,

I have already applied to you as an official, soon we started the nightlies for Redmi 3.

You can check here.
    Clean flashed the rom about a hour. No camera errors.
    Very fast and smooth at first sight. Was on RR 7 before this.
    QS tiles can be edited. Didn't try substratum themes yet.
    Restored titanium backup without any issues.