[ROM][7.1.2][LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P9][Update 18/07/2017]

Search This thread

kurukiro

Mar 31, 2017
First i have flashed supersu.
Second i have installed Substrstum and Swift Dark.
Then i opened Substrstum.
Going on Swift Theme set Android Version and Left Activate Button then Install Popup and all Apps Themed then Reboot and fun

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P9 mit Tapatalk

Hi @Simon G , can you please specify the process of rooting using SuperSU. Recent SuperSu versions I've installed doesn't seem to work and Magisk can't get pass safety net (even tried flashing the Universal SafetyNet Fix, but to no avail). Also, please include the link of the SuperSu file and the add-on (I've read in the recent posts that you need to flash this add-on after flashing SuperSu). Thank you!

Jan 12, 2018
chinese p9 to lineage

Hi together, i am new to the xda-forum so forgive me if i chose wrong thread or ask already answered questions.
i have a huawei p9 EVA-AL00, EMUI is 5.0, Android is 7.0
is it possible to install LINAGE OS on this device? furthermore can i change to international rom? may be someone can link me a tutorial.

thx a lot!

rjven

Sep 2, 2017
Any of you guys running into issues with this ROM lately?

I've been using it daily with no issues whatsoever for months until recently when the phone just froze randomly while browsing settings. I had to reboot it and it would bring me to the EMUI erecovery menu 50% of the time. The other 50% it would boot correctly until the step where I need to input my SIM code. Upon validating, it would freeze again leaving me no chance but to reboot.
Fortunately I still had TWRP available. Still, I wasn't able to recover the backup I made. The recovery went succesfully but when booting I just had a blackscreen.
I had no other options but to format everything and install everything cleanly from scratch, including vendor.zip.

Everything was fine for a few days, I was happy I had a working phone again. But last time, when flying in a plane, the pilot instructed us not just to go to flight mode but to turn off the phone completely altogether. I obliged. When I turned on the phone again, I got stuck in a bootloop with the LOS animation logo there for ever....

I'm really discouraged. Any idea what could be going on here?

Drysauce

Oct 4, 2016
Melbourne
Any of you guys running into issues with this ROM lately?

I've been using it daily with no issues whatsoever for months until recently when the phone just froze randomly while browsing settings. I had to reboot it and it would bring me to the EMUI erecovery menu 50% of the time. The other 50% it would boot correctly until the step where I need to input my SIM code. Upon validating, it would freeze again leaving me no chance but to reboot.
Fortunately I still had TWRP available. Still, I wasn't able to recover the backup I made. The recovery went succesfully but when booting I just had a blackscreen.
I had no other options but to format everything and install everything cleanly from scratch, including vendor.zip.

Everything was fine for a few days, I was happy I had a working phone again. But last time, when flying in a plane, the pilot instructed us not just to go to flight mode but to turn off the phone completely altogether. I obliged. When I turned on the phone again, I got stuck in a bootloop with the LOS animation logo there for ever....

I'm really discouraged. Any idea what could be going on here?

not sure about the phone randomly freezing but the phone not booting when shut off is a common occurrence completely reinstall the rom but switch the data partition to EXT4 but unfortunately EXT4 also has problems where it randomly reboots and rebooting when transferring large files. but apparently surdus 8.0 ROM fixes the issue with the device not booting but I haven't tested it so you might as well try it out and report back.

rjven

Sep 2, 2017
not sure about the phone randomly freezing but the phone not booting when shut off is a common occurrence completely reinstall the rom but switch the data partition to EXT4 but unfortunately EXT4 also has problems where it randomly reboots and rebooting when transferring large files. but apparently surdus 8.0 ROM fixes the issue with the device not booting but I haven't tested it so you might as well try it out and report back.

Thank you. I've formatted to EXT4 and reinstalled once again. Let's see how it goes...

I have another question, perhaps you or something else can help me: I'm trying to run the phone without Gapps. In order to use OsmAnd or any other mapping app, I must use Unified Nlp/microG. Am I right in saying that this is impossible on LOS...? I can't get the system to bind the UnifiedNlp service. Googling seems to mention it is impossible to run microG on LOS.
Thanks.

Last edited:

AliCorrea

Feb 21, 2015
La Rioja
I have EVA-L19C900B168
How have I update to B386?? Cause when I flash the Rom and reboot, ask me a password (I erase all passwords and fingersprints)

Drysauce

Oct 4, 2016
Melbourne
I have EVA-L19C900B168
How have I update to B386?? Cause when I flash the Rom and reboot, ask me a password (I erase all passwords and fingersprints)
You need to flash the l19C432B168 your rom version C900 Meaning that it will not get any updates download and flash the L19C432B168 ROM after you will get around 3 updates and then you will be able to update and flash the b386 firmware via the official updater app.

Oct 3, 2017
Hello, I have a question.

Dear of, Hello! I really like your lineageos, but! Some small problem is I was unable to meet the use, in my eva-al10 device (full Netcom) is not available lte! Sim1 unrecognized, sim2 only 2g network, open gapps in the smart lock is not available face unlock, only two small problem, other very normal! Sorry, my English is not good??

daniel908

Feb 17, 2015
Does Lineage on P9 support mass storage mode (i.e when installing the USB Mass Storage Enabler app, will I be able to see the microSD card in the P9 as a storage volume on my Mac / PC when connected via USB)?
On my current configuration with stock Nougat rooted, the app says "This app will work only if there is Mass Storage Gadget & FUSE drivers built-in in your device's kernel". On stock rooted Marshmallow before the app and mass storage mode worked well. I'd like to get back that functionality on the P9 with Nougat some way. Is Linage the way to go?
Thanks!

node3x

Jun 4, 2018
I am stuck in the bootloop after formatting data and then flashing vendor and then lineage os...

leodp

Jul 18, 2018
Solved endless boot animation loop

Hi, thanks for the work.

after unlocking the bootloader, installing TWRP 1.1.1-1 and flashing the ROM, I have been stuck in an endless Lineage boot animation, which was solved with the procedure I write below, just in case someone else has the same issue. I do not know if the steps can be simplified or if anyting I do is necessary.
I have a single-SIM P9 EVA-L09 updated to the latest EMUI (5.0.3 I guess. It`s lost now).

Before being able to boot I have tried to change the filesystem on the data partition (after selecting it in the TWRP wipe advanced menu) to ext4, and formatting it, but it didn't work, tried installing only the Lineage ROM, with and without the lineage vendor zip, with and without opengapps (from stock to mini), but nothing seemed to work.

So, the correct procedure (for me), after booting into TWRP:

1) Wipe->Format data (Wipe main menu, not advanced wipe)
2) Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, Data (I had wiped System before, maybe that's needed too)
3) Install LineageOS 14.1 build 20170717 and lineage_vendor-eva.zip
4) Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache
5) Reboot

Then the Lineage bootloader animation runs for about 11 minutes

6) Reboot TWRP
7) INstall opengapps stock
8) Wipe->Advanced Wipe->Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache
9) Reboot

Then the Lineage bootloader animation runs for about 6 minutes

At this point the phone works, but it cannot connect to the mobile data, because it's still missing the APN information of my provider, which I find in the internet and enter in the config.

kazshizka

Feb 21, 2011
HELP!

I bricked my phone when I did a factory reset and deleted internal storage and accidentally deleted important files while doing so. I flashed a stock update from the warehouse and completely deleted the system instead. I then flashed Lineage ROM which reinstalled the system but now causes me to get stuck in bootup. When I installed Lineage ROM, I got the following error.

Attached photo
https://imgur.com/a/nx6U5bC

Drysauce

Oct 4, 2016
Melbourne
HELP!

I bricked my phone when I did a factory reset and deleted internal storage and accidentally deleted important files while doing so. I flashed a stock update from the warehouse and completely deleted the system instead. I then flashed Lineage ROM which reinstalled the system but now causes me to get stuck in bootup. When I installed Lineage ROM, I got the following error.

Attached photo
Just install the stock firmware via an SD card

HELP!

Attached photo

IDK if it works in your situation, but you can try hurupdater: https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-9/development/tool-flash-official-firmware-recovery-t3769279

Reactions: kazshizka

kazshizka

Feb 21, 2011

Already recovered system when I flashed magic rainbow rom. Now I just need to recover some other parts but I can enter recovery now. will check out the link though. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Just install the stock firmware via an SD card

can't find the stock firmware. I was previously using EVA-L19C636B381

Kiwi8

Sep 29, 2015
Hello all!

Intending to flash this rom, together with GApps.

Which version of GApps should I download? 7.1?

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo-2.png

Code:
    [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="5"][B]Lin·e·age[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun

1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
            2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Code:
    [COLOR="red"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Code:
    [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="5"][B]Hua·wei P9 | Dow·n·loads[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_device_huawei_eva/releases/download/Lineage-18.07/lineage-14.1-20170717-UNOFFICIAL-eva.zip"]lineage-14.1-20170717-UNOFFICIAL-eva.zip[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_device_huawei_eva/releases/download/Lineage-18.07/lineage_vendor-eva.zip"]lineage_eva-vendor.zip[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="5"][B]Not work·ing | Iss·u·es[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    * [STRIKE]Reboot to erecovery[/STRIKE] [B][COLOR="red"]FIXED[/COLOR][/B]
    * [STRIKE]Wifi tethering[/STRIKE] [B][COLOR="red"]FIXED[/COLOR][/B]
    * DT2W
    * 1080p video recording
    * Encryption
    [/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="5"][B]Inst·ructions[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    1. Update to B386
    2. delete all registered fingerprints
    3. backup internal storage, data, boot, vendor and system
    4. format /data
    5. wipe vendor, system
    6. first time flashing the rom over emui 5? flash lineage_eva-vendor.zip
    7. flash lineage
    8. optional: flash gapps
    9. enjoy!

Code:
    [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="5"][B]FAQ[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B]Q:[/B] Can you port stock emui camera?
    [B]A:[/B] No, we are not Huawei, go back to EMUI.

[B]Q:[/B] Can i use this on P9 Plus/Lite?
    [B]A: [/B]nope!
    [/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="5"][B]Credits[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [B]Team OpenKirin[/B]
    @OldDroid
    @surdu_petru
    @XePeleato
    [/CENTER]

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for Huawei P9, ROM for the Huawei P9

Contributors
    OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_kernel_huawei_hi3650

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-06-02
    Last Updated 2017-07-18
    The ROM is great, but picture quality is night and day... You CANNOT get better quality from an open source alternative compared to a co-engineered OEM ROM camera app. Performance is better than stock, battery life is not.. and neither will see Oreo...
    My opinion, stay on stock and use xposed.

Did you say something about Android Oreo ;)

Screenshot_19700101-203038.png
    Why the Mobile Signal from Time to time Lost and when its Signal only one or two Bars never more. On RROS works Signal normal

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk
    i will push a final n build soon, stay tuned.

Regards
    Changelog
    18.07 - Release 2
    * fixed wifi tethering
    * multiple camera improvements
    * multi-sim variant support
    * improved performance
    New issues
    * 1080p video recording (back camera)

Screenshots
    can we get a review of the rom? (features and performance) i dont have time to test it and i wanna know if it deserves the change
    i'm using it now since the kernel source is out.
    It's been an overall solid experience so far
    It has a few minor bugs, like selinux permissive, snapchat not working, dt2w and gestures not yet implemented, signal strength is buggy but connection is quite good actually, camera is OK but not comparable to EMUI - it just works ^^
    I'm constantly trying to improve those things and alot is already in the works. I tested it on antutu, even if i'm no fan of it, because the final decision is your decision related to the overall experience - ~96.500 points almost on paar if not even better than emui.

Regards