[ROM][7.1.2]LineageOS Z4Tablet[SGP712/771]

Search This thread

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
LineageOS for Z4 Tablet wifi and LTE versions (SGP712/SGP771), official !

Lineage_OSBanner.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty may be voided.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
*/

Informations

This rom is based on stock kernel and device trees made from scratch. It’s not based on the sonyxperiadev project.

Know issues

Preview problem when taking photos with the default app (alternatives as opencamera don’t have this problem)

How to install

From stock rom:

Update your firmware to the last Nougat version (needed to update the bootloader for new recovery)
Unlock your bootloader (you should save your TA partition before)
Install TWRP (link below)
Make a backup, your data partition will be erased!
Push the rom's zip to the SD card (optionally with gapps)
Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik cache
Install the rom (+/- gapps)
Reboot
Enjoy !

From custom rom (CyanogenMod 13 or ResurrectionRemix-M):

Use flashtool with the lightened ftf below to update bootloader (only if you never updated to stock Android N. Be CAREFULL with flashtool, search correctly before use)
Flash the new TWRP (link below)
Push the rom’s zip to the SD card (optionally with gapps)
install the rom (+/- gapps)
Reboot
Enjoy !

Tips

To use usb otg, just click on the “USB OTG” button in quick settings, this will enable the detection of usb devices for 30 seconds.
To boot into the new recovery you can press the vol- and power button at the same time with the tablet powered off. The touchscreen in recovery could make two or three seconds to works, don’t worry, it’s normal.

Thanks

kali-, olivier, Myself5, Quarx, cdesai, banmeifyouwant. They bring this amazing project to life for Z4 and Z5 (and by extension to all the kitakami platform).
kali- was also the first one to bring this project to Z4 tablet WIFI, while I did for Z4 tablet LTE.

Downloads

Rom
- Z4 tablet wifi only (SGP712)
- Z4 tablet LTE (SGP771)

TWRP
- Z4 tablet LTE (SGP771)

Lightened ftf (update bootloader):
- Z4 tablet LTE (SGP771)

Sources

[url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL]
[url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_karin_windy[/URL]
[url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_karin[/URL]
[url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_kitakami-common[/URL]
[url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8994[/URL]

Images

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.2]LineageOS Z4Tablet[SGP712/771], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet

Contributors
andralex8, kali-, Devs who worked on kitakami platform (ivy, suzuran, ...): olivier, Myself5, Quarx, cdesai, banmeifyouwant, ...
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-05-17
Last Updated 2017-11-20

Last edited:

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
Hello,

Thanks for releasing, I've flashed your new build and the WideVine DRM is working fine now. Good luck with getting the commits merged, hope this makes it to official status after your work to fix the last few broken items.

Anything left to fix at this stage? I see the camera is more or less fine, just a little perspective distortion in the camera app due to the preview window having the wrong dimensions which is very minor.

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: andralex8
Jan 8, 2017
@[email protected]

Please, look and read at -

http://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/root-android-using-twrp-recovery-install-supersu/

There you can find all Informations.

I have download the ZIP File and flashed the arm 64 SU and become a new ROOT-Assortment / Selections. And now i have FULL-Root.
By me works it very good. I have tested any APP´s what are must have "root", no Problem´s.

A very great Thank´s to "andralex8" and the other Developers for his good Job.

Into the Moment i´am so Happy with my new - "LINEAGE OS".

I like it´s.

Reactions: andralex8

HotBlack77

Jul 17, 2010
lineage-14.1-20170517-UNOFFICIAL-karin.zip wont install with this recovery.

"Can't install this package over newer build" is the error message.

Can you upload a later dated rom or should I go back to the earlier TWRP?

This can be fixed by removing first line of the updater script.
Simply download the rom for your version, use you preferred zip tool to edit the file: META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script and remove the first line.

Reactions: alex009988

alex009988

Jun 8, 2011
Thank you for the rom. At last it was released publlicaly. Everything works like a charm. Only mifare cards and stock lineage camera could be a little issue.

Jadog

May 13, 2016
I've read where many users who have updated from Marshmallow to Nougat have experienced fast battery drain issues. Can anyone confirm this is not an issue with this ROM or that it has been resolved with 7.1.2?

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
I've read where many users who have updated from Marshmallow to Nougat have experienced fast battery drain issues. Can anyone confirm this is not an issue with this ROM or that it has been resolved with 7.1.2?

No difference for me and I've been running nougat for a few months.

andralex8

Jan 16, 2015
OnePlus 6T
lineage-14.1-20170517-UNOFFICIAL-karin.zip wont install with this recovery.

"Can't install this package over newer build" is the error message.

Can you upload a later dated rom or should I go back to the earlier TWRP?
I should build a new version soon.
But in all cases you can also wipe ONLY the system partition before reinstalling the rom (I do it each time, even if not mandatory it's cleaner). You let your data partition unchanged so you will not loose anything.

Last edited:

Jadog

May 13, 2016
Ok, so I'm ready to pull the trigger on this, but I have a few questions to be sure I do it correctly. I currently have a rooted Z4 with the custom AndroPlus kernel (it's on lollipop v6.x). So no custom rom, only custom kernel with root. So to follow this guide, I would use the flashtool with the lightened ftf, and flash the new TWRP and ROM, right? Or would it be better to just restore my tablet back to original factory state and then proceed from the beginning?

alex009988

Jun 8, 2011
Ok, so I'm ready to pull the trigger on this, but I have a few questions to be sure I do it correctly. I currently have a rooted Z4 with the custom AndroPlus kernel (it's on lollipop v6.x). So no custom rom, only custom kernel with root. So to follow this guide, I would use the flashtool with the lightened ftf, and flash the new TWRP and ROM, right? Or would it be better to just restore my tablet back to original factory state and then proceed from the beginning?

You need lightened ftp in case you have android 5/6 as twrp dosent work with old bootloader. If you have any version of noogat stock. No need of ftp. Also, it might be flashed trough androplus recovery.

Jadog

May 13, 2016
Perfect, thank you. Also, right now on AndroPlus I have the DRM Fix that emulates the DRM keys to allow for Sony's Image Enhancement. Will I loose that with this ROM?

myhrdak

Dec 26, 2007
the rom i was waiting for. much better battery, especially in standby. i use the tablet only on special days
and till this day it loses 3% per day (using leandroid for flightmode while display is off).
with stock nougat i lost 10% per day.

Reactions: pierro78

Jadog

May 13, 2016
Lineage dosent need any drm fix. It's only stock feature.

Well that's even better! Seems like the perfect solution. And from what I understand I can get full root by installing SuperSU from here using the ARM64 version and installing via TWRP?

Am I required to have an OTG cable and attach a mouse to make any of this work? Or can it be done without? Thanks for the excellent support!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS for Z4 Tablet wifi and LTE versions (SGP712/SGP771), official !

Lineage_OSBanner.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty may be voided.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

Informations

This rom is based on stock kernel and device trees made from scratch. It’s not based on the sonyxperiadev project.

Know issues

Preview problem when taking photos with the default app (alternatives as opencamera don’t have this problem)

How to install

From stock rom:

Update your firmware to the last Nougat version (needed to update the bootloader for new recovery)
    Unlock your bootloader (you should save your TA partition before)
    Install TWRP (link below)
    Push the rom's zip to the SD card (optionally with gapps)
    Install the rom (+/- gapps)
    Reboot
    Enjoy !

From custom rom (CyanogenMod 13 or ResurrectionRemix-M):

Use flashtool with the lightened ftf below to update bootloader (only if you never updated to stock Android N. Be CAREFULL with flashtool, search correctly before use)
    Flash the new TWRP (link below)
    Push the rom’s zip to the SD card (optionally with gapps)
    install the rom (+/- gapps)
    Reboot
    Enjoy !

Tips

To use usb otg, just click on the “USB OTG” button in quick settings, this will enable the detection of usb devices for 30 seconds.
    To boot into the new recovery you can press the vol- and power button at the same time with the tablet powered off. The touchscreen in recovery could make two or three seconds to works, don’t worry, it’s normal.

Thanks

kali-, olivier, Myself5, Quarx, cdesai, banmeifyouwant. They bring this amazing project to life for Z4 and Z5 (and by extension to all the kitakami platform).
    kali- was also the first one to bring this project to Z4 tablet WIFI, while I did for Z4 tablet LTE.

Downloads

Rom
    - Z4 tablet LTE (SGP771)

TWRP
    - Z4 tablet LTE (SGP771)

Lightened ftf (update bootloader):
    - Z4 tablet LTE (SGP771)

Sources

[url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL]
    [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_karin_windy[/URL]
    [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_karin[/URL]
    [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_kitakami-common[/URL]
    [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_sony_msm8994[/URL]

Images

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2]LineageOS Z4Tablet[SGP712/771], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet

Contributors
    andralex8, kali-, Devs who worked on kitakami platform (ivy, suzuran, ...): olivier, Myself5, Quarx, cdesai, banmeifyouwant, ...
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-05-17
    Last Updated 2017-11-20
    Guess which device was just added to official supported devices ?.
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
    New build from today :).
    Changelog :
    - Lineage sources are updated
    - Solved an issue with encryption
    And, yes, I finally made a new build with updating the LOS sources, sorry for the delay ?.
    I just uploaded an update with mifare as asked by Alex009988 and also updated binaries to the last stock version.
    Unfortunately the August security patch is not yet released and I'm going on a holiday, so I built the rom before ;).