• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [7.1.2] Mik-el Android for Takee 1

Are you going to help us?

• Yes, I' ll help you!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I would help you but I can't...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great project! I want to see more!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No, I won't.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
Hi @zdomjus sorry but I forgot about your IMEI question, here I am. If I'm not wrong the easiest way to recreate the IMEI is by using the MobileUncleTools app that requires root. (You should find the link for the apk in the TWRP posts of this thread too).
I lost IMEI on one of my Takee but I haven't recreated it yet. There are several guides on the internet, let us know if you succeed!

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
Any news about the new Kernel?
Here I am. Here's a recap.

1) Kernel Source.
I made a Repository on Github. The starting point is a kernel for BQ Aquaris E5FHD, which I forked.
As you know, I found a developer that offered their help. I sent to her the config.gz file from the Luckas and Valdjocker ROMs, she said the Luckas one is better. Then I lost contact with her cause for some reason she deleted her telegram account. Now she's back and we still have to keep talking about the kernel adapting process.
Anyway, I think that with a ready device three and ready vendor blobs, she'll be more interested in the project.

2) Device Tree.
Can be made by extracting some files from a device tree of a similar device on Github, or extracting some files from the stock ROM (in this case I think we'll have to use Luckas ROM since the original ROM has a 3.4.39 kernel and Android 7 requires 3.4.67).
Going for the 2nd solution, I found a guide on the internet that seems reliable. The steps can be applied starting from any GitHub Repo that contains Android Source code (I think I'll go with AOSP since it's smaller and more battery-friendly than LineageOS).
After this choice, I should reflash Luckas ROM on my device and extract the required files for the Device Tree, which I'll upload to another GitHub repo.

3) Vendor Blobs.
I found another guide. I have to extract vendor from the stock ROM (again the Lucaks one) and a device tree is required.
I'll upload these vendor files in another Github Repo too.

All my 3 Github Repos will have a link to the other 2 Repos.
So now we should finally have adapted kernel source + extracted device tree + extracted vendor + AOSP source code.
If the material is clean and organized, hopefully, any developer will be able to compile a ROM for Takee 1 form Source. :)

When
Unfortunately the time that I can dedicate to XDA is increasingly hard to find.
If anyone besides @io2345 wants to help with the extraction of the device tree and vendor, just let me know, I'll send you the guides and you could ask me questions in case you need.

About the 3D Porting
I run the 3D Takee apps on my Android 7 Rom copying a few obvious 3D libraries, but as expected, it wasn't enough.
I then decompiled the 3D apps with the help of the great @mozzafar alali , I reverse-engineered the required stuff and documented what I discovered on a .txt file.
Now I'll add and replace the files in my last Rom file and we'll see if holographic 3D works :)
Cheers to all of you!

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv

Here's one of the projects that took the place of the Takee 1 ROM, lately.​

In March under the guise of a contest, I learned a bit about Unity and C#.

I made a video game that can be played in stereoscopic 3D on any monitor, without expensive 3D screens or glasses!

This post is still on topic here, since Takee 1 owners love 3D.

The Londoner developers of HoloSDK have done their evaluation... and my app is in the top 5!
Now to win and get first place, we need the public rating!

How to help me win with one click:

➡️Facebook :
https://fb.watch/v/27m_uWtkO/
👉1 Like = 1 point
👉1 Share = 5 points

➡️Twitter :
👉1 Like = 1 point
👉1 Share = 5 points

Winning the contest would be awesome, not so much for the first prize (a super Alienware computer), but for the fact that it could open the way to new perspectives of work/collaborations with HoloSDK programmers! 😊
Let's spam the FB and Twitter links with our friends to get tons of Likes and Shares and win!✌
Thanks for your support. 🙂

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv

⚠️Warning! Do not flash any Takee 1 ROM before doing this or you'll lose the 3D effect forever!​

I discovered that every Takee 1 unit has a slightly different 3D screen, that's why every unit comes with its specific software calibration.
The 3D calibration is set in 2 files which you can find in the stock ROM that originally came with your unit.
You must backup the 2 calibration files of your original stock ROM before flashing any ROM, right now.
In the worst case, you could end up using calibration files shared by other users, but your 3D effect will be messed up.

So you must backup these 2 files:

• Internal memory -> "Android" folder -> "HolographyProfile" file and "Matrix" file.

If you have already flashed a custom ROM (files lost forever): don't worry. You could still find the "HolographyProfile" and "Matrix" files into the external MicroSD cards you used on your Takee 1. Backup:
  • External SD card -> "Android" folder -> "HolographyProfile" file and "Matrix" file.

That's it.
That's why the calibration files shared by @pogodancer caused a bad 3D effect on other devices! And that's why Takee 1 units haven't been touched by developers/3D enthusiasts perform better 😅😆

Update​

It seems to me that "HolographyProfile" is the only (and little) file required to calibrate the 3D screen. I noticed that if I delete the big "Matrix file" and I re-open any 3D app, the "Matrix" file gets regenerated every time.
So very probably "HolographyProfile" is the only calibration file, that would make sense!

Calibration Files shared by other users and I​

In the next post, I'm sharing with you an archive with calibration files from both my device and Pogodancer device. If you've lost your calibration files forever, you could test which one performs better, maybe you're lucky.

I also tried to edit the calibration files to try to manually adjust 3D calibration on every device and get the max from every one of them. (This could be the next level! 💪).
Unfortunately, the files are compiled and I didn't find any way to edit them, If anyone of you has experience with hex editors and programs to open strange file formats, could help in this sense.

Last words:​

Well, I've talked enough. Remember to do this:
1) backup the calibration files from Internal and External memory
2) share them on XDA
3) wait for my archive (pogodancer calibration and Mik-el calibration)
4) if you have experience in opening compiled files, try to open the calibration files and let us know

Cheers!

Last edited:

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv
Takee 1 Fixed!

I finally fixed my Takee 1 ! :D
That hardbrick was terrible but it didn't stop us!
Soon, nice news!
And here's the first screenshot.

FIX for error 5054 on SP Flash Tool​

Premise: Preloader and Bootloader are the same thing. If your preloader is corrupted, your phone won't even turn on the led and show the battery indicator on the screen when shut down and plugged to a power source.

I Just faced error 5054 again (corrupted preloader), I solved it by flashing the preloader again, I had to use a ROM backup I made with MTK droid tools years ago, because the Stock ROMs for SPFlashTools by Pogodancer (and their scatter files) do not include preloader.bin. (so once your preloader is gone, you can still save your phone, but not with a Pogodancer ROM).

Anyway, this is how I reflashed the preloader, any recent SP Tool version is ok:
  • Format tab > flags on "Auto Format Flash" and "Format whole flash except bootloader" > press Start ) I had to do this cause I was using a scatter that is different from the one on the phone, this step allows to "refresh" the scatter/partitions layout deleting everything on your phone, except preloader, if you can)
  • Download tab > flash only the preloader, and then flash everything except preloader. If your phone turns on its led and shows the battery image on the screen when plugged in, this means the preloader works and your phone is not dead anymore
  • if it doesn't work: Download tab > "Format all + Download". (basically SP tool will do "format all", "download preloader", "download")

Fix for corrupted Internal memory​

The only problem I have now with my Takee is that, for some strange reasons, the internal memory is almost completely full (just 7Mb free) and I can't even write on internal memory,
I think this has nothing to do with the preloader because it happened with 2 different stock ROMs (my old backup and Pogodancer one).

Android shows me a notification saying that the internal memory is corrupted and asks me if I want to format it to fix. I confirmed, Android formatted both internal and external storage, Now I can write on internal storage (hooray!) but still, the internal memory is almost full while I have nothing on my phone! (and I don't know why)

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv

Finally the Android 7 ROM with Holographic 3D support!​

Mik-el Android v. 3.0 --->Download<---

Warning: Do not install this ROM before doing --->THIS<---, or you'll lose the 3D effect forever! (UPDATED)

Features:​

• Holographic 3D with eye-tracking = working, but not totally as expected (keep reading!)
  • cameras do not work = this bug is inherited from the LuckasFB ROM used as the base. We tried to replace camera .so libraries with the ones from the stock ROM, but the stock ROM is based on a different kernel and these libs don't seem to solve the bug.
  • Everything else works perfectly, of course! 😁

How to test 3D:​

• The ideal viewing distance is 50-55 cm.
  • The ideal viewing angle is 70°.
  • When 3D is working you'll see a sort of grid pattern showing on the screen.
  • If 3D looks flat, this means your calibration file "HolographyProfile" is missing, or you're using the wrong one for your device (again, read this).
  • Tilt your screen or your head to see if the 3D effect changes, if it works, this means that eye-tracking is working!

3D Apps included:

• 3D gallery
  • 3D models app: Holoshow
  • 3D video player (stock version, already in ROM).
  • 3D video player (by Mikel, you can download it from the bundle and use it to replace the stock one, here you can read the improvements).
  • Holohub

3D content included:

• 3D Images
  • a new 3D video
  • 3D models

3D libs included:​

• this ROM includes all the required 3D libraries and their dependencies (which I discovered reverse-engineering the stock ROM)
  • the ROM also includes Airtouch libraries and Apks that could interact with the 3D apps

How to fix problems that could arise when using 3D Apps:​

• Disabled Permissions:
Fix: Enable all permissions for the 3D apps​

• Can't access 3D contents from External SD:
3D apps work, but they crash if you try to read files on the external memory.​
Usually, apps try to look for files on the external memory when they boot, so a crash is very probable.​
  • Why: they're apps intended for Android 4.2, Starting from Android 6, Google changed the way the apps handle reads and writes on the external memory. We're using Android 4 apps on an Android 7 ROM, and I can't even recompile them because they're closed source.
  • Fix 1: you can browse your 3D files on the external SD with Total Commander. When opening a file select the right 3D app, the apps won't crash!
  • Fix 2: use this Magisk module. (https://www.journeybytes.com/enable-external-storage-write-access-android-app/) 3D apps will detect the "modern" external storage as an "old" external storage. The module didn't work for @io234 and it caused a bootloop on his device, but you can test!

• Missing 3D effect and eye-tracking
  • Fix 1: use the right 3D calibration files you backed up from your original stock ROM. Read more here
  • Fix 2: Test the stock 3D video player. If you don't like the 3D effect of the player, replace the player with my updated player (it is in the download bundle) and let me know. (You can only have one of them installed at a time!)

That's all folks, this is the 3D ROM, enjoy it, and let me if it works for you 😃😎

Mik-el

Feb 17, 2013
www.cam.tv

I made 3 Repositories on GitHub that will help you to build new Android ROMs for Takee 1 from Source.​

3 Organized repos for: Kernel, Device Tree, and Vendor Blobs.
I added information and links so anyone can easily "fill" these repos.
If you want to contribute to the Takee 1 source code, make a request on GitHub and I'll give you write access to the repos.
Link HERE

io2345

Sep 10, 2014

Finally the Android 7 ROM with Holographic 3D support!​

... and let me if it works for you 😃😎

Not really working for me: 3D-Player and 3D-Gallery close after startup with error message. The globe in HoloShow is visible, but doesn't move nor has a noticeable 3D effect. Is that only on my Takee, or do others have the same issue?

Reactions: Mik-el

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any news about the new Kernel?
    Here I am. Here's a recap.

1) Kernel Source.
    I made a Repository on Github. The starting point is a kernel for BQ Aquaris E5FHD, which I forked.
    As you know, I found a developer that offered their help. I sent to her the config.gz file from the Luckas and Valdjocker ROMs, she said the Luckas one is better. Then I lost contact with her cause for some reason she deleted her telegram account. Now she's back and we still have to keep talking about the kernel adapting process.
    Anyway, I think that with a ready device three and ready vendor blobs, she'll be more interested in the project.

2) Device Tree.
    Can be made by extracting some files from a device tree of a similar device on Github, or extracting some files from the stock ROM (in this case I think we'll have to use Luckas ROM since the original ROM has a 3.4.39 kernel and Android 7 requires 3.4.67).
    Going for the 2nd solution, I found a guide on the internet that seems reliable. The steps can be applied starting from any GitHub Repo that contains Android Source code (I think I'll go with AOSP since it's smaller and more battery-friendly than LineageOS).
    After this choice, I should reflash Luckas ROM on my device and extract the required files for the Device Tree, which I'll upload to another GitHub repo.

3) Vendor Blobs.
    I found another guide. I have to extract vendor from the stock ROM (again the Lucaks one) and a device tree is required.
    I'll upload these vendor files in another Github Repo too.

All my 3 Github Repos will have a link to the other 2 Repos.
    So now we should finally have adapted kernel source + extracted device tree + extracted vendor + AOSP source code.
    If the material is clean and organized, hopefully, any developer will be able to compile a ROM for Takee 1 form Source. :)

When
    Unfortunately the time that I can dedicate to XDA is increasingly hard to find.
    If anyone besides @io2345 wants to help with the extraction of the device tree and vendor, just let me know, I'll send you the guides and you could ask me questions in case you need.

About the 3D Porting
    I run the 3D Takee apps on my Android 7 Rom copying a few obvious 3D libraries, but as expected, it wasn't enough.
    I then decompiled the 3D apps with the help of the great @mozzafar alali , I reverse-engineered the required stuff and documented what I discovered on a .txt file.
    Now I'll add and replace the files in my last Rom file and we'll see if holographic 3D works :)
    Cheers to all of you!
    Device and Project Presentation
    In 2015 the Chinese company EStar launches on the market the Takee 1. An octa-core smartphone with an astonishing Holographic 3D technology developed by the german Seereal.
    Despite the cutting-edge hardware, a low price and the big innovations in the field of 3D and AirTouch... the phone does not receive the big success it deserved, Estar closes down and the last official software update dates back to 2015, leaving the whole system stuck to Android 4.2.

But today, 5 years after the last update and the closure of the company, I continue what the far-sighted EStar was doing, studying 3D technologies and releasing a new Android 7 Software Update.
    I had to face many difficulties but...
    making an Android 7 ROM from just an Android 4.2 base is now possible!
    Let's go guys!

Presentation Image

Other screenshots

Youtube video

v1.0
    First release that can boot, no need to download it.

v1.1
    Usability

• WiFi module - Working
    • Phone module - Working
    • Audio - Working
    • Camera - Working (you have to apply a fix)
    • Fm radio - Working
    • USB debugging - Working
    • Bluetooth - Not working but I'm working on a fix! Now Working and will be added in v.1.2
    • Full Holographic 3D and AirTouch support - in Development

Theming
    Transition from RidonOS to Mik-el Android:

• Removed most of the references to RidonOS and Micromax 311
    • Mik-el bootscreen (boots faster)
    • Mik-el wallpaper

Apps
    • Replaced Ridon launcher with a lighweight Open Source Pixel Launcher
    • Removed Old Google apps, size of the Rom reduced
    • Added F-Droid, Open Source alternative to Google play store
    • Added an Open Source alternative to Youtube
    • Added 52kb app to exchange files on wifi between smartphone and PC
    • Added OpenCamera, best android camera app (and it's Open Source)
    • Added High-quality Audio recorder with noise reduction

System and Performance
    • Enabled USB Debugging by default
    • Adjusted dpi value: screen is more readable and system is more reactive!
    • First step to port the Bit Cauldron 3D Audio Technology included in the Takee stock Rom: Removed loudsound patch to avoid possible future conflicts

Mik-el fixes to extend the life of your device
    • system warns you when you reach high temperatures
    • system doesn't write on the phone memory over and over again (The original Takee 1 stock rom is based on Android 4.2 and trimming was introduced starting from Android 4.3 only)
    • you can install apps directly on external SD card - starting from v. 1.2

Support me:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Mik-el Android 7 for EStar Takee 1

Contributors
    Mik-el
    ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.67

Version Information
    Stable with some bugs

Created 2019-11-02
    Last Updated 2021-10-16
    Updated Twrp 3.1.1-0 with OTG support

This is a new update for the TWRP recovery I worked on!
    Do you know that I made a new TWRP recovery for Takee 1? Read my previous post if you didn't.

This time I added OTG support! This brings new advantages to the 3.1.1-0 recovery!
    H0bC8TE.jpg

New Features:
    • you can flash files, save and restore your backups on USB pendrives using an OTG cable. Useful for devices with damaged micro-sd reader.
    • you can use a usb keyboard or even a usb mouse through OTG. Useful for devices with broken screen.
    • the size of the recovery remains unaltered: (9 MB)

Downloads:
    • It's in this post! Scroll down

Integrity Infos:
    Code:
    Name:    TWRP_3110_Takee_otg_by_Mik-el.img
    Date:    29/07/2020
    Size:    9 MB (10,211,328 bytes)
    --------
    SHA-1:    684ed1a411fd67d2e1cebc7d64632bbcd6d5018f
    MD5:    b69d3cae06ba5bbc0c17da250423a306
    CRC32:    ae6ab0b3

Installation Instructions:
    You can flash this custom recovery in 4 ways (choose one):

To boot into recovery:
    • turn off your phone
    • connect the charger to the phone
    • long press Power Button + Volume Up button until the Takee 1 logo on screen moves a millimeter
      (this is the only way to do that!)

Credits:

Little preview: in the next days I'll post new material about Mik-el Android 7 for Takee 1!!!
    @Mik-el @io2345 Kudos to you for your efforts. The latest rom is an absolute masterpiece. Fast, efficient, beautiful. If it has got any minor problem, who cares? My old takee is reborn as new, I have scotch taped an old, but still working, Li-ion battery from a dead LG Optimus One and my Takee runs for( at least) 4-5 hours. Thank you, the estinct dinosaur Takee community must hold you in its hearts forever.
    After many attempts finally got TWRP 3.1.1.0 working on the Takee - find it attached (had to split it, as size exeeds 8MB, rename parts to .001 and .002). Probably not yet perfect, but installation attempt of Mikel's ROM succeded. ROM is working and shows Android 7.1.2 (Ridon ROM)
    Congratulations to Mikel. He really made it !

Update : Files deleted, see Mikels Upload further down here