Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No, I won't.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
For me it took two hours to download. Not perfect, but acceptable.

The ROM-Installation comes without Gapps and Root. Both is included in the archive that you have downloaded. If you want to have Google-Apps, flash Gapps-Zip immediately after ROM-installation (before rebooting). If want to have SuperSU, flash it afterwards (it is included in the archive as well). For Magisk just boot the ROM and install the MagiskCanary-APK included in the archive - it installs Magisk to give you Root-access as well. The Canary is a late Magisk-22 version.
Note that you should use Magisk or SuperSU for root access, but not both.

The ROM isn't really unrooted, just the Root-Tools are not preinstalled. If you want to have the ROM completely unrooted, flash the unrooted boot.img from within TWRP: Go to "Install", select "Install Image", select the boot_unrooted.img that I supply here and select Partition "Boot" as destination.

Attachments

• boot_unrooted[1].img
    7.1 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: YuriRM and Mik-el

Mik-el

• Feb 17, 2013
    www.cam.tv
    INSTRUCTIONS for ROM 2.0.1
    The ROM-Installation comes without Gapps and Root. Both is included in the archive that you have downloaded.
    ➡️If you want to have Google-Apps, flash Gapps-Zip immediately after ROM-installation (before rebooting).
    ➡️If want to have SuperSU, flash it afterwards (it is included in the archive as well).
    ➡️If you want to have Magisk, just boot the ROM and install the MagiskCanary-APK included in the archive - it installs Magisk to give you Root-access as well. (The Canary is a late Magisk-22 version).
    Note that you should use Magisk or SuperSU for root access, but not both.
    Many thanks for the instructions you just provided to the other users @io2345 !
    The ROM isn't really unrooted, just the Root-Tools are not preinstalled. If you want to have the ROM completely unrooted, flash the unrooted boot.img from within TWRP: Go to "Install", select "Install Image", select the boot_unrooted.img that I supply here and select Partition "Boot" as destination.
    @io2345 has helped me with the boot.img part too!
    io2345, I think that the fully unrooted boot.img you just uploaded is the one I've already replaced inside the ROM. (the magisk patched one).
    At this point we could just upload the other boot.img in case someone a boot.img with Root-Tools preinstalled (I don't think so).
    Anyway correct me if I'm wrong :)
    and not on another exchanger (google , mega .......) - 41 days will be downloaded!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I've also put the ROM files inside a .7zip archive to speed up downloads :)
    Congratulations! Show us the features of the new ROM on a video, please.
    Some owners may be waiting for the 3D version to flash Mik-el's ROM.
    A new video? :D

Reactions: YuriRM

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
    @Mik-el : In fact the boot.img-file I provided in post #162 is the unpatched one. The file included in the ROM is already Magisk-patched, which probably won't make any difference to a normal user. Just in case you want to Magisk-patch the file in future versions, you'll need the original version.

Not working in Magisk is the "MagiskHide"-Feature. This is due to the limitations of the currently used kernel (more information on this here) and can only be overcome, if an able developer will provide a new kernel.

Reactions: YuriRM and Mik-el

Mik-el

• Feb 17, 2013
    www.cam.tv
    @Mik-el : In fact the boot.img-file I provided in post #162 is the unpatched one. The file included in the ROM is already Magisk-patched, which probably won't make any difference to a normal user. Just in case you want to Magisk-patch the file in future versions, you'll need the original version.

Not working in Magisk is the "MagiskHide"-Feature. This is due to the limitations of the currently used kernel (more information on this here) and can only be overcome, if an able developer will provide a new kernel.
    Thanks for the clarification io2345.
    Yes you were right to reiterate that "Magisk-Hide" can't be used on both the 2 boot.img files.
    Can I re-upload to another exchanger and post a link to 4pda?
    This is a message I posted some time ago on my Galaxy Ace Rom thread, sorry for the copy-paste:
    << I use that file host for many reasons: it does not waste my google drive space, it's safe, It doesn't spam ads or adult stuff, it allows me to know how many people download my works and their nationality.
    Moreover reposts could be bad because if my files register 0 downloads in 2 months (or something like that) they'll be lost forever, and I don't have access to other people's accounts on Android File Host and so on.
    >>
    Anyway if you say to me that downloads are painfully slow, I'm reuploading the file just now on another file hosting service, I'm posting the link on 4pda too (I already have an account, but I think you know that).
    The problem with 4pda is the language (my translated Russian is not so good) and the fact that the text can't be formatted in the posts, I think the moderators should be less rigid.
    Anyway I'll post the link there asap. :)

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
    INSTRUCTIONS for ROM 2.0.1

A new video? :D
    Remember that in Portugal most owners of EStar Takee 1 are female!
    It is crucial to demo how easily EStar Takee 1 is updated to Android 7.1.2.
    Showing step-by-step the full procedure of phone backup and instalation of Mik-el's custom ROM.
    This will remove many fears and reassure female owners that they can do it by themselves.
    Like president Barack Obama said... "Yes, we can!"

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
    Can I re-upload to another exchanger and post a link to 4pda?
    The link to Dimonikod's video on Android 7.1.2 has expired at 4pda. Have you got a copy? I would like to watch his video.

Can you ask Dimonikod to make a new video on the latest version (ROM 2.0.1), please?
    It would be nice to post his new video on YouTube.
    This helps many owners of EStar Takee 1 discover Android 7.1.2.

Let us promote the great work of the team behind

Mik-el Android for Takee 1​

ROMs, TWRP recoveries, Holographic 3D videoplayer

Reactions: Mik-el

Mik-el

• Feb 17, 2013
    www.cam.tv
    @YuriRM the video is still online, but you need a 4pda account to watch it :) the video could be re-uploaded on YouTube by me or Dimonikod (but I'll need a confirmation from him)

Last edited:

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
    Version 1.1 of the ROM is not good enough to showcase the very best of

Mik-el Android for Takee 1​

We must release a video on the latest version 2.0.1

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
    Just found, that the Google-Apps-Installer included in the 2.0.1 package doesn't run from TWRP (probably some mis-spelled directory name in the installer script). Maybe Mi-kel finds the time to correct the error in the installer and will re-upload the package.
    If you don't want to wait for that, here is the most simple solution: Open the file "G_Apps_2021_most_lightweight_Mik-el.zip" from the package, go to directory "system" and extract the file "gapps.zip" to the same directory from where you install the ROM (like a SD-Card in your phone).

So if you want to have Google-Apps installed together with the ROM, first install the ROM "Mik-el_Android_2.0.1_unrooted.zip" and after that (without rebooting) the "gapps.zip".
    If you want to have root access, install the "MagiskCanary22006.apk" after full boot-up and open the App "Magisk" - it will tell you, that it has to do some additional setup and reboot the phone - select "OK".

Mik-el

• Feb 17, 2013
    www.cam.tv
    Ok thanks @io2345 !
    Now that I can run the Gapps Installer I made, I can get the error from TWRP and fix the updater-script file according to it.
    (I won't re-upload a new ROM just for that, I'll update the latest link :) )

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015

[Guide-Tool][Linux] Projekt ScriBt v2.2.1 [Build-A-ROM][Newbie-Friendly]​

Projekt ScriBt, is a Bash Shell Script which helps a Aspiring Developer to build an Android ROM, in an understandable way

Only for Serious students
    Umm, you're in Chef Central right ? :D

It is recommended to view this thread in a Browser (Web/Mobile)

zdomjus

Feb 27, 2012
    Hi guys, while you were all engaged in the design of a new amazing ROM, I had to cope with the sudden death of my battery. It was 6 years old and the doctor said that any attempt to keep her alive would unnecessarily prolong the pain, so I opted for a lethal injection. I saved the frame, which contains a BMS for future use, and bought a generic 3.7V 2500mAh li-po battery. I couldn't judge if it was the best choice, but it works and, being very light, it made my Takee much lighter. I am attaching a photo, the battery specifications are readable from the photo itself. As you can see, the SIM is missing. Lost telephone calling a long time ago. If anybody wants to share a NVRAM backup, it will be much appreciated, my IMEI is still readable under the battery.
    MyTakee.png

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
    Battery looks perfect. Just don't understand why you soldered it to the phone's contacts, if you saved the frame of the old battery...
    For a fresh battery it's probably a good choice. We tried it already with an older Zopo-Model "BT55t", which is a little larger but can be cut to fit, as the frame is LD-plastic. Advantage is, that the contacts-field of this model is identical to the Takee-battery.

zdomjus

Feb 27, 2012
    Battery looks perfect. Just don't understand why you soldered it to the phone's contacts, if you saved the frame of the old battery...
    For a fresh battery it's probably a good choice. We tried it already with an older Zopo-Model "BT55t", which is a little larger but can be cut to fit, as the frame is LD-plastic. Advantage is, that the contacts-field of this model is identical to the Takee-battery.
    The frame is too thin to allow the usage of a soldering iron. Since the li-po battery has got its own BMS, i think it's safe enough to solder it to contacts directly. The model I bought fits well and firmly (4mm thickness, 60mm width). I'm going to measure the discharge time and estimate the capacity and time to recharge. It can be more than a temporary solution.

Mik-el

• Feb 17, 2013
    www.cam.tv
    Wow! The Takee 1 community continues to evolve, at this point we all are hardware hackers too :D
    Yeah on telegram I also posted a photo of the batteries that @io2345 and I adapted for the phone. I also have photos showing the process, but I haven't posted them yet, if anyone is interested just let me know, so I'll upload them, adapting is quick and easy.

Mik-el

• Feb 17, 2013
    www.cam.tv

ROM 2.0.1 - Updated Download (20 april 2021)​

Hey, if you have already downloaded the last 2.0.1 ROM, maybe you should download something again!
    The 2 optional installers I made for the ROM ( SuperSU and Google apps) seem not working for me, but...
    -DISCLAIMER-
    you should consider that a few days ago, before flashing my ROM, I reflashed the stock September 2015 ROM for development reasons and unfortunately I get a partition problem (that could be causing other bugs ton my configuration too).
    So maybe the SuperSU and GApps installations could be successful for you!
    You should test the installers and let me know.

I didn't make a new release for the ROM cause I just fixed some things.

-UPDATES-
    1) Everything is clear in the Download Section of this thread. (2nd post as always)

2) Now the download is a Download folder! You can choose which files to download!
    1618952431676.png

3) SuperSU installation Updated to v2.46! And Installation from recovery works every time.

4) If you want SuperSU instead of Magisk: use the correct boot.img, explained in the 2nd post

4) for Gapps installation, I still face problems. Personally I don't use Gapps, but If you need a fixed installer without bugs, I can work on it and put it in the new Download Folder, so you can download it without re-downloading the ROM and so on.

Meanwhile, I'm reverse engineeringing EStar apks to port 3D.

Enjoy!

io2345

Sep 10, 2014

The 2 optional installers I made for the ROM ( SuperSU and Google apps) seem not working for me, but...

4) for Gapps installation, I still face problems. Personally I don't use Gapps, but If you need a fixed installer without bugs, I can work on it and put it in the new Download Folder, so you can download it without re-downloading the ROM and so on.
    That's right Mikel, SuperSU installer doesn't work. No big problem, as Magisk is the better choice anyway. The boot.img in your installer already contains modifications necessary for Magisk, so the one and only thing you have to do is installing the magisk-apk from within running system and you're done.

GApps installation: Wouldn't be bad to fix this installer. For experienced users it may not be a problem to extract the gapps.zip from the installer-zip. For others this might be already a task too high.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Just found, that the Google-Apps-Installer included in the 2.0.1 package doesn't run from TWRP (probably some mis-spelled directory name in the installer script). Maybe Mi-kel finds the time to correct the error in the installer and will re-upload the package.
      If you don't want to wait for that, here is the most simple solution: Open the file "G_Apps_2021_most_lightweight_Mik-el.zip" from the package, go to directory "system" and extract the file "gapps.zip" to the same directory from where you install the ROM (like a SD-Card in your phone).

So if you want to have Google-Apps installed together with the ROM, first install the ROM "Mik-el_Android_2.0.1_unrooted.zip" and after that (without rebooting) the "gapps.zip".
      If you want to have root access, install the "MagiskCanary22006.apk" after full boot-up and open the App "Magisk" - it will tell you, that it has to do some additional setup and reboot the phone - select "OK".
      Hi guys, while you were all engaged in the design of a new amazing ROM, I had to cope with the sudden death of my battery. It was 6 years old and the doctor said that any attempt to keep her alive would unnecessarily prolong the pain, so I opted for a lethal injection. I saved the frame, which contains a BMS for future use, and bought a generic 3.7V 2500mAh li-po battery. I couldn't judge if it was the best choice, but it works and, being very light, it made my Takee much lighter. I am attaching a photo, the battery specifications are readable from the photo itself. As you can see, the SIM is missing. Lost telephone calling a long time ago. If anybody wants to share a NVRAM backup, it will be much appreciated, my IMEI is still readable under the battery.
      MyTakee.png
      Device and Project Presentation
      In 2015 the Chinese company EStar launches on the market the Takee 1. An octa-core smartphone with an astonishing Holographic 3D technology developed by the german Seereal.
      Despite the cutting-edge hardware, a low price and the big innovations in the field of 3D and AirTouch... the phone does not receive the big success it deserved, Estar closes down and the last official software update dates back to 2015, leaving the whole system stuck to Android 4.2.

But today, 5 years after the last update and the closure of the company, I continue what the far-sighted EStar was doing, studying 3D technologies and releasing a new Android 7 Software Update.
      I had to face many difficulties but...
      making an Android 7 ROM from just an Android 4.2 base is now possible!
      Let's go guys!

Presentation Image

Other screenshots

Youtube video

v1.0
      First release that can boot, no need to download it.

v1.1
      Usability

• WiFi module - Working
      • Phone module - Working
      • Audio - Working
      • Camera - Working (you have to apply a fix)
      • Fm radio - Working
      • USB debugging - Working
      • Bluetooth - Not working but I'm working on a fix! Now Working and will be added in v.1.2
      • Full Holographic 3D and AirTouch support - in Development

Theming
      Transition from RidonOS to Mik-el Android:

• Removed most of the references to RidonOS and Micromax 311
      • Mik-el bootscreen (boots faster)
      • Mik-el wallpaper

Apps
      • Replaced Ridon launcher with a lighweight Open Source Pixel Launcher
      • Removed Old Google apps, size of the Rom reduced
      • Added F-Droid, Open Source alternative to Google play store
      • Added an Open Source alternative to Youtube
      • Added 52kb app to exchange files on wifi between smartphone and PC
      • Added OpenCamera, best android camera app (and it's Open Source)
      • Added High-quality Audio recorder with noise reduction

System and Performance
      • Enabled USB Debugging by default
      • Adjusted dpi value: screen is more readable and system is more reactive!
      • First step to port the Bit Cauldron 3D Audio Technology included in the Takee stock Rom: Removed loudsound patch to avoid possible future conflicts

Mik-el fixes to extend the life of your device
      • system warns you when you reach high temperatures
      • system doesn't write on the phone memory over and over again (The original Takee 1 stock rom is based on Android 4.2 and trimming was introduced starting from Android 4.3 only)
      • you can install apps directly on external SD card - starting from v. 1.2

Support me:

XDA:DevDB Information
      Mik-el Android 7 for EStar Takee 1

Contributors
      Mik-el
      ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.67

Version Information
      Stable with some bugs

Created 2019-11-02
      Last Updated 2020-12-27
      Updated Twrp 3.1.1-0 with OTG support

This is a new update for the TWRP recovery I worked on!
      Do you know that I made a new TWRP recovery for Takee 1? Read my previous post if you didn't.

This time I added OTG support! This brings new advantages to the 3.1.1-0 recovery!
      H0bC8TE.jpg

New Features:
      • you can flash files, save and restore your backups on USB pendrives using an OTG cable. Useful for devices with damaged micro-sd reader.
      • you can use a usb keyboard or even a usb mouse through OTG. Useful for devices with broken screen.
      • the size of the recovery remains unaltered: (9 MB)

Downloads:
      • It's in this post! Scroll down

Integrity Infos:
      Code:
      Name:    TWRP_3110_Takee_otg_by_Mik-el.img
      Date:    29/07/2020
      Size:    9 MB (10,211,328 bytes)
      --------
      SHA-1:    684ed1a411fd67d2e1cebc7d64632bbcd6d5018f
      MD5:    b69d3cae06ba5bbc0c17da250423a306
      CRC32:    ae6ab0b3

Installation Instructions:
      You can flash this custom recovery in 4 ways (choose one):

To boot into recovery:
      • turn off your phone
      • connect the charger to the phone
      • long press Power Button + Volume Up button until the Takee 1 logo on screen moves a millimeter
        (this is the only way to do that!)

Credits:

Little preview: in the next days I'll post new material about Mik-el Android 7 for Takee 1!!!
      TWRP 3.1.1-0 for Takee 1 + Download

Here we go guys!
      Here's to you the download for the new TWRP 3.1.1-0 for Takee 1 !

0cGiajS.jpg

With my updated TWRP recovery is now possible to install Android 7 and above on Takee 1 !
      The last recovery we got was developed in 2016 ( by @luckasfb) and it was not enough anymore for our needs, we could just install Android 6 ROMs or older...:crying: but with my new recovery a new era of updated custom ROMs awaits to be tested on Takee1!... Starting from the amazing Mik-el Android 7 ROM !!!
      Stay tuned! :D

Advantages:
      • The previous downloads provided by @io2345 are splitted in 2 parts and are not recommended anymore
      • I have access to Developer Tools so I uploaded the file in the official Downloads section of this thread (not possible at the moment since XDA is switching to new technologies. will be solved after the switch)
      • I added SHA-1 and MD5 keys so you can check the integrity of the file before flashing it (you can use an easy software like this, really easy)

Downloads:
      • In this post! Scroll down.

Integrity Infos:
      Code:
      Name:    TWRP_3110_Takee_by_Mik-el
      Date:    10/08/2020
      Size:    9 MB (10,211,328 bytes)
      --------
      SHA-1:    8d2f012da8500efe68d17d57b7118af68e12a748
      MD5:    cd4f0a512fdfab834937bd93cec28fbb
      CRC32:    7256ec74

Installation Instructions:
      You can flash this custom recovery in 4 ways (choose one):

To boot into recovery:
      • turn off your phone
      • connect the charger to the phone
      • long press Power Button + Volume Up button until the Takee 1 logo on screen moves a millimeter
        (this is the only way to do that!)

New version:
      New recovery version will include otg support too and will be uploaded tomorrow.

Credits:
      @Mik-el @io2345 Kudos to you for your efforts. The latest rom is an absolute masterpiece. Fast, efficient, beautiful. If it has got any minor problem, who cares? My old takee is reborn as new, I have scotch taped an old, but still working, Li-ion battery from a dead LG Optimus One and my Takee runs for( at least) 4-5 hours. Thank you, the estinct dinosaur Takee community must hold you in its hearts forever.
      After many attempts finally got TWRP 3.1.1.0 working on the Takee - find it attached (had to split it, as size exeeds 8MB, rename parts to .001 and .002). Probably not yet perfect, but installation attempt of Mikel's ROM succeded. ROM is working and shows Android 7.1.2 (Ridon ROM)
      Congratulations to Mikel. He really made it !

Update : Files deleted, see Mikels Upload further down here
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone