• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][MONTHLY][OMS] LineageOS 14.1 Unofficial Builds

Search This thread

Rohan Taneja

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 22, 2013
lenovo_a7000.png

Special Mention to @tanish2k09, for his initial efforts towards LineageOS brinup for Lenovo A7000-a.
Also thanks to @aryan kedare for co-maintaining Los in unavailability of Rohan​

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • Customizable LED lights
  • GPS
  • Offline Charging
  • MTK Engineering Mode
  • most of the device components
  • Open hotspot -- fixed with proper nets binary and corresponding supporting kernel.

Known issues:
All fixed. Report here with logs and details if you find any bug.
Make sure to uninstall xposed before taking logs.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Flash open hotspot patch if it doesn't work or use another kernel. Different kernel builds support different netd binaries
  • Reboot and wait

Downloads :

Credits :
  • @daniel_hk : for his camera_wrapper, gps and bringup for K3 Note
  • CyanogenMod/LineageOS Team
  • Lenovo OSC for Kernel sources
  • @aryan Kedare for co-maintaining
  • @tanish2k09 for initial los14 bringup and various fixes.

Donations:
If you really like my work, and want to support me.
Donate via PayTM:
1494355404397.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for Lenovo A7000-a, ROM for the Lenovo A7000

Contributors
Rohan Taneja, daniel_hk, tanish2k09, Compilers United
Source Code: https://github.com/rohantaneja

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.0.2+
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 14.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-09-16

Created 2017-05-13
Last Updated 2018-01-12

Last edited:

tanish2k09

Jun 21, 2014
Conserved post.

1) bean gapps are reported to not work properly.
2) Read the below posts for information about opengapps flashing.

3) How to fix YouTube :
3) YouTube fixed. No youtube problem in latest build now.

======================================
F.A.Q :

Q) Does this ROM support substratum?
A) Yes! The latest LOMS ( LOS with OMS) is fully compatible with substratum and OMS commits have been integrated into the ROM. Since substratum uses OMS, all the themes that need OMS will work on the LOMS build.

Q) Do older builds (non-LOMS) support substratum?
A) Yes. And no too. Some of the themes that need OMS commits won't work. However, the themes which have no OMS commit requirements, will work nicely in Legacy mode. Legacy mode gives you the ability to use some substratum themes, but you will need to reboot after applying any/each overlay to see effect. Hey! It's still better than no theme right?

Q) The ROM is stable enough. Why isn't it official?
A) Many reasons to answer this one lol.
1) @Rohan Taneja (OP) isn't very active with development now. He's busy with higher studies.

2) Compiling ROMs is a very tedious task. Not making it official gives us the freedom to make the builds whenever we want. In official, you have to maintain the builds and make one for the device whenever a new major/monthly update is introduced.

3) Our device. It is a MTK phone. MTK device is happily accepted as official device by almost no rom community.

4) Our choice. Deal with it.
(Please note it isn't just as easy as typing the word "official" in the thread title and build prop to make it official. Noobs please don't spam thread about this topic)

Q) (You think something else can be added here?)
A) (PM me ASAP to tell your suggestion. I'm open to PM's. And please don't send stupid PM's asking to accept friend requests and s-h-i-t like that)

(FAQ section is under construction. Check later for more)

Last edited:

derak1129

Dec 9, 2016
Винница
It is due to some build.prop glitch. I have attached a fix. After flashing ROM, flash this Patch file and then flash opengapps :)
Video from the camera slows down, the sound behind the video
The mx player also plays with the brakes in hw +
I flash
Flash-memory file Lineage-14.1_buildprop
Later
Gaups okey
(But got a brick, a constant splash screen is not loaded further)
The curved arc is always constantly

Rohan Taneja

Feb 22, 2013
Video from the camera slows down, the sound behind the video
The mx player also plays with the brakes in hw +
I flash
Flash-memory file Lineage-14.1_buildprop
Later
Gaups okey
(But got a brick, a constant splash screen is not loaded further)
The curved arc is always constantly

I have tested it on RR-N and made same changes for LineageOS-14.1. I had assumed it might, sorry if that is the case.

Flash Beangapps, if Opengapps are causing an issue :)

No need to flash the patch. I will make changes for future builds :eek:

asher234

Jul 16, 2014
I have tested it on RR-N and made same changes for LineageOS-14.1. I had assumed it might, sorry if that is the case.

Flash Beangapps, if Opengapps are causing an issue :)

No need to flash the patch. I will make changes for future builds :eek:

beansgapps not working tested it earlier
what I did to have gapps is flash build.prop fix, flash opengapps, flash default build.prop

Rohan Taneja

Feb 22, 2013
beansgapps not working tested it earlier
what I did to have gapps is flash build.prop fix, flash opengapps, flash default build.prop

Yes it's another workaround for gapps, but it is just dirty hack for such an issue.
Declaring device architect as arm64 crashing the ROM is really weird part of the problem. It's only happening to LineageOS and based ROMs like ResurrectionRemix for our device. :confused:

Need to debug the build thoroughly for now.

Rohan Taneja

Feb 22, 2013

Dumaxa

Feb 20, 2014
Kharkov
Hello! Can u add pls Engineer Mode to edit audio and mic values? Or it's not possible in android 7 on MTK chip's?
If this possible, add same pls in AospExtended ROM V4.2 :)

tanish2k09

Jun 21, 2014
Hello! Can u add pls Engineer Mode to edit audio and mic values? Or it's not possible in android 7 on MTK chip's?
If this possible, add same pls in AospExtended ROM V4.2 :)
Dude, engineering mode usually always exists in all ROMs. You can try to activate it using the dialer code... Google the code yourself. Don't be always dependent on us for links and stuff.:D:cowboy:

Reactions: subha123jpg

Dumaxa

Feb 20, 2014
Kharkov
Dude, engineering mode usually always exists in all ROMs. You can try to activate it using the dialer code... Google the code yourself. Don't be always dependent on us for links and stuff.:D:cowboy:

I'm not a noob, i know that code *#*#3646633#*#*, try to insert them in [ROM] [7.1.2_r8] [OFFICIAL] [aio_row] AospExtended ROM V4.2 [OMS/DUI], and see "This rom seems to be dont have engineer mode".
That's why i'm writing that ****.

If you dont use engineer mode - i'm using it, rom which without that - not usable for me because i can't insert my volume and mic values. that because i'm asking about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: hightech316

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lenovo_a7000.png

Special Mention to @tanish2k09, for his initial efforts towards LineageOS brinup for Lenovo A7000-a.
    Also thanks to @aryan kedare for co-maintaining Los in unavailability of Rohan​

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Customizable LED lights
    • GPS
    • Offline Charging
    • MTK Engineering Mode
    • most of the device components
    • Open hotspot -- fixed with proper nets binary and corresponding supporting kernel.

Known issues:
    All fixed. Report here with logs and details if you find any bug.
    Make sure to uninstall xposed before taking logs.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Flash open hotspot patch if it doesn't work or use another kernel. Different kernel builds support different netd binaries
    • Reboot and wait

Downloads :

Credits :
    • @daniel_hk : for his camera_wrapper, gps and bringup for K3 Note
    • CyanogenMod/LineageOS Team
    • Lenovo OSC for Kernel sources
    • @aryan Kedare for co-maintaining
    • @tanish2k09 for initial los14 bringup and various fixes.

Donations:
    If you really like my work, and want to support me.
    Donate via PayTM:
    1494355404397.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Lenovo A7000-a, ROM for the Lenovo A7000

Contributors
    Rohan Taneja, daniel_hk, tanish2k09, Compilers United
    Source Code: https://github.com/rohantaneja

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.0.2+
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 14.1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-09-16

Created 2017-05-13
    Last Updated 2018-01-12
    Conserved post.

1) bean gapps are reported to not work properly.
    2) Read the below posts for information about opengapps flashing.

3) How to fix YouTube :
    3) YouTube fixed. No youtube problem in latest build now.

F.A.Q :

Q) Does this ROM support substratum?
    A) Yes! The latest LOMS ( LOS with OMS) is fully compatible with substratum and OMS commits have been integrated into the ROM. Since substratum uses OMS, all the themes that need OMS will work on the LOMS build.

Q) Do older builds (non-LOMS) support substratum?
    A) Yes. And no too. Some of the themes that need OMS commits won't work. However, the themes which have no OMS commit requirements, will work nicely in Legacy mode. Legacy mode gives you the ability to use some substratum themes, but you will need to reboot after applying any/each overlay to see effect. Hey! It's still better than no theme right?

Q) The ROM is stable enough. Why isn't it official?
    A) Many reasons to answer this one lol.
    1) @Rohan Taneja (OP) isn't very active with development now. He's busy with higher studies.

2) Compiling ROMs is a very tedious task. Not making it official gives us the freedom to make the builds whenever we want. In official, you have to maintain the builds and make one for the device whenever a new major/monthly update is introduced.

3) Our device. It is a MTK phone. MTK device is happily accepted as official device by almost no rom community.

4) Our choice. Deal with it.
    (Please note it isn't just as easy as typing the word "official" in the thread title and build prop to make it official. Noobs please don't spam thread about this topic)

Q) (You think something else can be added here?)
    A) (PM me ASAP to tell your suggestion. I'm open to PM's. And please don't send stupid PM's asking to accept friend requests and s-h-i-t like that)

(FAQ section is under construction. Check later for more)
    Releasing RC-1 build for Lenovo A7000-a

After the previous build, I was able to figure out major issues which prevailed in the BETA release. So, after several workaround and source-fixes, I am able to do some major fixes in the ROM.

I know this ROM is being released before a gap of a month. But it was pretty necessary for users.

Changelogs:
    Code:
    Build Date: 18-May-2017
    Build Version: RC-1

- major changes to HW decoder
    - media_profiles updated for support for 1080p rec/playback
    - finally, offline charging fixed (correct path to logo during charging)
    - added MTK Engineering Mode (on your request)
    - updates for audio.policy (previously crashed on first boot)
    - ARM64 commits merged to fix GAPPs support
    - Daredevil 2.3 - comes with LiveDisplay(alpha-stage) active and IPV4/V6 wifi updates

YT black screen fix: here

Downloads:
    lineage-14.1-20170518-rc-1.zip

Hit the Thanks Button, or donate if you like my work :)
    Releasing LineageOS 14.1 with OMS support August Monthly Build.

Great rom... Everything is working fine but I found one bug which is video playback of 1080p in HW... is not working.

Sorry about that, the codec we are using has caused that issue. Using stock does reduce the playback bug but it still lag and also resulting in breaking 720p60 as well as VP9 encoder issue arises which causes black screen in YouTube.

Btw, releasing LineageOS with OMS support, source: LOMS (thank to nathanchance)

Downloads: lineage-14.1-20170811-MONTHLY-aio_row

P.S. Also, I have closed the vote poll. If you guys want future builds to be built with OMS support, rate this build in the polls.

Enjoy! :)
    Releasing LineageOS - July Build

So it's time to release LineageOS build for this month. I have tried my best to fix most of issues users faced in previous build.

Here are some little big device-specific changelog:
    aio_row :
    • re-initialized MTK PowerHAL support from Cyanogen.
    • Added support for Unique Device ID, (rather than default device id: 123456xxxxxx)
    • Update MTK Header for proper AnyKernel2 script support
    • Updated WPA drivers - mediatek_driver_nl80211 from MAD's sources
    • VP9 encoder fixed for Youtube Black Screen issue
    • MP3 is now playable - no workaround needed
    daredevil-kernel: (refer my GitHub for updates)
    • Initialize Custom LED controller
    • FastCharge upto 2.5 mA for A/C and 1.7 mA upto USB (thanks to faux123 and Derteufel)
    • Updated LiveDisplay driver & RGB controller
    • Haptic Feedback on DT2W delayed
    • PocketMode updated and support upto 3 cm of promixity blocking.

Downloads:
    lineage-14.1-20170706-MONTHLY-aio_row