• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable][EOL] Slimroms Slim7

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,
I'm already working over 2 years at the N80XX devices (mostly LineageOS) and want to introduce you my version of SlimRoms Slim7.
For sure I want to thank all guy's which were ever working on these devices and also in general at the smdk4412.
I also want to thank the SlimRoms team and @Android-Andi for applying the latest security patches.

I've added some extra functionality like for example wakening up the device when you pull out the pen, back event when you press the pen button,
fast charging for every power supply, working keyboard dock + lineout functioning, signature spoofing for microG, Magisk hide support and much more...

I can't guarantee that there aren't any bugs, so I need you for testing and giving me a feedback.
  • N8020: incoming calls doesn't pop up, outgoing calls + internet (also LTE) are working fine.
  • HDMI out for all of them, not implemented.
Links:
TWRP

N8000 Rom
N8010 / N8013 Rom
N8020 Rom

To disable the sec_keyboard for example to play games without any hardware keyboard,
simply flash my magisk module to disable it:
sec_keyboard disabler

If you are going to use Gapps,
I recommend to use the pico package!
https://opengapps.org/
For the others, you can use microG if you want to.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

https://slimroms.org/#/

Because of my work on Android 9 and Android 11, I'm not able to proceed with all my Android 7 ROM's,
including Slim7.
I hope you can understand this and I will leave everything here as it is.
If you have to upgrade in future, check out my other ROM's.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable] Slimroms Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: SlimRoms
Security bulletin: 05.12.2020
Selinux: enforcing

Version Information
Stable

Created 2020-07-06
Last Updated 2020-12-15

Last edited:

edinedi

Jun 7, 2017
Flying with Slim

My old, beat up 8013 on Slim is absolutely flying! Definitely the best out of the 4 or 5 nougat roms I've tried. ?

A noob question, can I disable the mouse/cursor in drawing apps when the stylus is active? The "pointer" in Developer Options can't toggle it on or off.

Last edited:
Reactions: html6405

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
My old, beat up 8013 on Slim is absolutely flying! Definitely the best out of the 4 or 5 nougat roms I've tried.

A noob question, can I disable the mouse/cursor in drawing apps when the stylus is active? The "pointer" in Developer Options can't toggle it on or off.

Thank you for the great feedback and no, this is not possible for now,
but I will take a look at it.

Mar 23, 2013
Thank you it is a great rom better than lineage 14.1 every thing work fine up till now but only few minor bugs as sometimes tablet restart suddely happened 2 times, adobe reader application hang and i uninstall it , installing application from store sometimes failed but it success on retrial

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Didn't have any reboot

Thank you it is a great rom better than lineage 14.1 every thing work fine up till now but only few minor bugs as sometimes tablet restart suddely happened 2 times, adobe reader application hang and i uninstall it , installing application from store sometimes failed but it success on retrial

Hi,
thanks for testing and the almost positive feedback,
it would be great if you could make a last_kmsg after a reboot happens.
With this we could find out from where the problem does come from.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Hi. At the moment the ROM works very well. I would like to know how to remove the mouse pointer when I use the SPen.

Thank you for your feedback,
I never thought that the mouse pointer could be desturbing :D.
There is no way for now, to disable it, but I will take a look at it
so that maybe we can deactivate it in future.

Reactions: Charly_Maths

mad-monk

Jun 27, 2009
Steenderen
Can't get it installed

A good morning from the Netherlands, I can install lineageOs but I can't install your rom.

Can I flash your rom over lineageOs or is it necessary for a full format/cleanup.... because option 2 doesn't work for me.

Greetings from this side

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Good morning,
it is necessary to do a normal factory reset.
Have you checked the md5 sum? Maybe a download error occured.

mad-monk

Jun 27, 2009
Steenderen
Tried an other one and yes it works thanks for the reply.

I just bought one yesterday... second hand...for me and my wife.

But maybe a noob question...ps touch and s-note aren't they in the package or am I missing something.

Gr mike

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Hi Mike,
S-Note was only buildt for KitKat in the samsung stock firmware,
for this you have to use alternativevs with custom roms.
The pen itself should work fine.

Okay, so I downloaded this ROM.

Overall I'm not a fan, but I gotta give credit where it's due...

This ROM is fast and it doesn't seem to have an MTP bug! It's actually kinda usable.

It also supports Substratum Themes.

But this ROM also has some negatives!

The default browser (Lightning Browser) really sucks. It has a tab limit and tries to upsell you to a paid version. To use your own hosts file in the browser's adblock, you have to pay. There are far better browsers that could of been included instead that doesn't restrict any of it's features. I would of preferred to see Via Browser, Firefox, or Chromium included instead.

The version of Open Camera included seems to be missing features, such as Camera 2 API support (with all the additional adjustments it supports), and 60 Hz anti flickering. It also crashes upon taking a picture.

The default equalizer sucks. It just has a terrible looking UI that doesn't scale for the size of these tablets. The one in Lineage OS at least looked better and allowed saving presets. Additionally, there is no default music player (which Lineage OS did have even if it wasn't that great, you had something you could use).

Other notable missing apps I can remember from Lineage OS include: the screen recorder with voice recorder and the file manager (better than stock Android's).

It seems the stylus cursor does not have the ability to be disabled in settings as well.

mad-monk

Jun 27, 2009
Steenderen
Thanks for the hints, I've tried them and it works for me...my wife misses the...you can write on a website and cope send or something like that, it runs like a tablet supposed to do of that age and it's great

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Okay, so I downloaded this ROM.

Overall I'm not a fan, but I gotta give credit where it's due...

This ROM is fast and it doesn't seem to have an MTP bug! It's actually kinda usable.

It also supports Substratum Themes.

But this ROM also has some negatives!

The default browser (Lightning Browser) really sucks. It has a tab limit and tries to upsell you to a paid version. To use your own hosts file in the browser's adblock, you have to pay. There are far better browsers that could of been included instead that doesn't restrict any of it's features. I would of preferred to see Via Browser, Firefox, or Chromium included instead.

The version of Open Camera included seems to be missing features, such as Camera 2 API support (with all the additional adjustments it supports), and 60 Hz anti flickering. It also crashes upon taking a picture.

The default equalizer sucks. It just has a terrible looking UI that doesn't scale for the size of these tablets. The one in Lineage OS at least looked better and allowed saving presets. Additionally, there is no default music player (which Lineage OS did have even if it wasn't that great, you had something you could use).

Other notable missing apps I can remember from Lineage OS include: the screen recorder with voice recorder and the file manager (better than stock Android's).

It seems the stylus cursor does not have the ability to be disabled in settings as well.

Thank you for your feedback.
Which browser would you prefere? I can build every browser with the system.
Just want to mention, it's not LineageOS, its's Slim, this means that there are different apps and many not.
This make's the system as fast as it is.
But I could pack all apps with the system you've mentioned, if you all want this :).

For everyone who would prefere a LineageOS can download it here:

https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...-n8010-gt-n8013-gt-n8020-sch-i915.899939.html

Last edited:
Reactions: FanboyStudios
Thank you for your feedback.
Which browser would you prefere? I can build every browser with the system.
Just want to mention, it's not LineageOS, its's Slim, this means that there are different apps and many not.
This make's the system as far as it is.
But I could pack all apps with the system you've mentioned, if you all want this :).

For everyone who would prefere a LineageOS can download it here:

https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...-n8010-gt-n8013-gt-n8020-sch-i915.899939.html

Via Browser is pretty small and lightweight, has plenty of features without being complicated, no paywalls, and the source code is available: https://github.com/tuyafeng/Via

...otherwise Firefox.

For a small, but capable music player there is Vanilla Music and 4 addons to add some nice features (like lyrics search, tag editing, cover fetch, and metadata fetch), All for free, no paywalls, not bloated.

It's probably better to download Open Camera from the Play Store and include it, or maybe FDroid? I think those builds may have more of the features.

VLC is great for media playback.

It might be nice if you include Substratum for themes (as it does work) but that's not necessary.

Also searching for Terminal in settings shows a result, but it's not available for enabling. Would love to see that return as an option.

Last edited:

ringyring

Jul 13, 2020
Built-in physical keyboard issue

Hello, html6405!

First and foremost, huge thanks for still maintaining these old devices. This ROM fixed some of the main issues of the other ROMs based on Android 7.1 for my GT-N8000. Namely, the settings app and the MTP service don't regularly crash anymore and adaptive brightness, as well as the night light finally work correctly. However, it doesn't fix one of the problems I've always had with custom ROMs for my device, which is having no ability to toggle off the built-in physical keyboard. While it usually doesn't bother me when using apps, I like racing games and want to occasionally play Asphalt 8. Unfortunately, upon detecting a physical keyboard (no matter even if it's fake) the game completely refuses to give any touch-based controls, and so I am left with an unplayable game.

To make such apps usable, can you either remove the built-in physical keyboard or give an option to disable it in the settings, please?

Once again, thanks for the awesome and stable ROM, and good luck in your developer career!

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Hello, html!

First and foremost, huge thanks for still maintaining these old devices. This ROM fixed some of the main issues of the other ROMs based on Android 7.1 for my GT-N8000. Namely, the settings app and the MTP service don't regularly crash anymore and adaptive brightness, as well as the night light finally work correctly. However, it doesn't fix one of the problems I've always had with custom ROMs for my device, which is having no ability to toggle off the built-in physical keyboard. While it usually doesn't bother me when using apps, I like racing games and want to occasionally play Asphalt 8. Unfortunately, upon detecting a physical keyboard (no matter even if it's fake) the game completely refuses to give any touch-based controls, and so I am left with an unplayable game.

To make such apps usable, can you either remove the built-in physical keyboard or give an option to disable it in the settings, please?

Once again, thanks for the awesome and stable ROM, and good luck in your developer career!
Hi,
thanks for your feedback, I never thought about this, to disable the keyboard.
The driver is always registered, even if it's not connected.
But when you connect the physical keyboard, a uevent will be sent to the system to recognize it.
In my opinion these games should give us the opportunity to choose how we want to control.
But I will try to find a solution for this!

Via Browser is pretty small and lightweight, has plenty of features without being complicated, no paywalls, and the source code is available: https://github.com/tuyafeng/Via

...otherwise Firefox.

For a small, but capable music player there is Vanilla Music and 4 addons to add some nice features (like lyrics search, tag editing, cover fetch, and metadata fetch), All for free, no paywalls, not bloated.

It's probably better to download Open Camera from the Play Store and include it, or maybe FDroid? I think those builds may have more of the features.

VLC is great for media playback.

It might be nice if you include Substratum for themes (as it does work) but that's not necessary.

Also searching for Terminal in settings shows a result, but it's not available for enabling. Would love to see that return as an option.

Ok via browser is good, I will use it for the future builds.
I will try your recommended music players and eventually I will build the terminal with the system.
For the other things I will also take a look at it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,
    I'm already working over 2 years at the N80XX devices (mostly LineageOS) and want to introduce you my version of SlimRoms Slim7.
    For sure I want to thank all guy's which were ever working on these devices and also in general at the smdk4412.
    I also want to thank the SlimRoms team and @Android-Andi for applying the latest security patches.

I've added some extra functionality like for example wakening up the device when you pull out the pen, back event when you press the pen button,
    fast charging for every power supply, working keyboard dock + lineout functioning, signature spoofing for microG, Magisk hide support and much more...

I can't guarantee that there aren't any bugs, so I need you for testing and giving me a feedback.
    • N8020: incoming calls doesn't pop up, outgoing calls + internet (also LTE) are working fine.
    • HDMI out for all of them, not implemented.
    Links:
    TWRP

N8000 Rom
    N8010 / N8013 Rom
    N8020 Rom

To disable the sec_keyboard for example to play games without any hardware keyboard,
    simply flash my magisk module to disable it:
    sec_keyboard disabler

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want to.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

https://slimroms.org/#/

Because of my work on Android 9 and Android 11, I'm not able to proceed with all my Android 7 ROM's,
    including Slim7.
    I hope you can understand this and I will leave everything here as it is.
    If you have to upgrade in future, check out my other ROM's.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable] Slimroms Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimRoms
    Security bulletin: 05.12.2020
    Selinux: enforcing

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-07-06
    Last Updated 2020-12-15
    Update 18.07.2020:

• included via browser instead of lightning
    • included terminal in the settings
    • included vanilla music player
    • improved samsung keyboard dock (sec_keyboard) layout
    • fixed usb tethering for n8010/n8013
    • added a button to hide the physical keyboard from the system,
      but this isn't working, still working on it.
    New builds are up :).
    I've already fixed the mouse pointer issue for the pen.
    The pointer will stay for a real mouse.
    You will receive this update very soon.
    Update:

I've ordered some bluetooth headphones to check the mentioned issue.
    The mousepointer for the e-pen is removed.
    There are also some other small fixes done.
    You will receive the updated version the next day's.

I've found an easy solution for those people,
    who want to disable the sec_keyboard, to play games without any hardware keyboard!
    Just simply download my magisk module and flash it with magisk manager or twrp.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682913965
    @ringyring