• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable][EOL] Slimroms Slim7

Search This thread

desca97

Nov 25, 2012
chiavari
stack on boot image for me with n8000 do you know why?
i have twrp and i installed rom flashing from recovery, nothing more. i also did wipe...

Alexfs

Oct 7, 2014
Good Morning!
Your post with Lineage 16 for our n8000 tablets is gone. Was there a problem with Rom?
And I would like to congratulate you for the great work you have done for our tablet, giving these devices a new life.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Good Morning!
Your post with Lineage 16 for our n8000 tablets is gone. Was there a problem with Rom?
And I would like to congratulate you for the great work you have done for our tablet, giving these devices a new life.
Hi,
no, but there are still many problems with the new forum software.
As it looks like, all threads after september are gone.
We hope that they will come back soon. (I guess the xda team is working on it)
And thx :).

Reactions: Agustin87

merinvest

Aug 1, 2011
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
slimroms.png

Hi,
I'm already working over 2 years at the N80XX devices (mostly LineageOS) and want to introduce you my version of SlimRoms Slim7.
For sure I want to thank all guy's which were ever working on these devices and also in general at the smdk4412.
I also want to thank the SlimRoms team and @Android-Andi for applying the latest security patches.

I've added some extra functionality like for example wakening up the device when you pull out the pen, back event when you press the pen button,
fast charging for every power supply, working keyboard dock + lineout functioning, signature spoofing for microG, Magisk hide and much more...

I can't guarantee that there aren't any bugs, so I need you for testing and giving me a feedback.

Not working at the moment:

• N8020: incoming calls doesn't pop up, outgoing calls + internet (also LTE) are working fine.

• HDMI out for all of them, not implemented.

N8000:
TWRP 3.4.0 GT-N8000 for Odin
TWRP 3.4.0 GT-N8000 IMG
N8000 Rom

N8010, N8013:
TWRP 3.4.0 GT-N8010 for Odin
TWRP 3.4.0 GT-N8010 IMG
N8010 / N8013 Rom

N8020:
TWRP 3.4.0 GT-N8020 for Odin
TWRP 3.4.0 GT-N8020 IMG
N8020 Rom

To disable the sec_keyboard for example to play games without any hardware keyboard,
simply flash my magisk module to disable it:
sec_keyboard disabler

If you are going to use Gapps,
I recommend to use the pico package!
https://opengapps.org/
For the others, you can use microG if you want to.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

https://slimroms.org/#/

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Beta] Slimroms Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: SlimRoms
Security bulletin: 05.11.2020
Selinux: enforcing

Version Information
Beta

Created 2020-07-06
Last Updated 2020-01-12

Thanks for the ROM. It's great and very fluid. Is it normal that the OTC port does not work for me to connect a usb? (it connects and disconnects automatically) and the other thing is that I notice a greater consumption of the battery

html6405

Recognized Developer
Thanks for the ROM. It's great and very fluid. Is it normal that the OTC port does not work for me to connect a usb? (it connects and disconnects automatically) and the other thing is that I notice a greater consumption of the battery
No this is not normal, OTG should be working fine and also the power consumption is very low.

white-energy

Apr 9, 2010
Kyiv
Could the Wallpaper problem be fixed? It goes low quality after being applied.
thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-164531.png
    Screenshot_20201202-164531.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20201202-164525.png
    Screenshot_20201202-164525.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

stingbandel

Nov 23, 2005
Hi, I tried to use link2sd by creating ext2 partition. Before this, the nov13 file, I can link my second partition. After the latest update, evrytime I run link2sd, it says fail to mount script. Do u know whats wrong with it?

Thanks

html6405

Recognized Developer
Hi, I tried to use link2sd by creating ext2 partition. Before this, the nov13 file, I can link my second partition. After the latest update, evrytime I run link2sd, it says fail to mount script. Do u know whats wrong with it?

Thanks
Hmm not really, you could try to use the version before, if it still fails then the problem must be anywhere else.

kissiel7

Jun 3, 2020
I was super excited to see that for this tablet someone started to compile ROMs. I've installed Slim ROM version 20200929 and OpenGapps (I've tried different versions - latest from 2020-12-04) using TWRP. Unfortunately, after a fresh reset (internal memory, data, Dalvik & cache cleared), I receive after boot (before language selection screen), Google Play crash error. I still can continue and setup the tablet, including Google account. Unfortunately after completing setup, many apps don't install - they start downloading but at the end, they fail "Can't install application". Some of them installed without any problem.
Any idea what may be an issue and how to fix it?

Which version is preferred - Deodexed or "Normal" one? (I've installed "normal")

BTW. Which ROM can be considered as more stable - Slim or Resurrection?

html6405

Recognized Developer
I was super excited to see that for this tablet someone started to compile ROMs. I've installed Slim ROM version 20200929 and OpenGapps (I've tried different versions - latest from 2020-12-04) using TWRP. Unfortunately, after a fresh reset (internal memory, data, Dalvik & cache cleared), I receive after boot (before language selection screen), Google Play crash error. I still can continue and setup the tablet, including Google account. Unfortunately after completing setup, many apps don't install - they start downloading but at the end, they fail "Can't install application". Some of them installed without any problem.
Any idea what may be an issue and how to fix it?

Which version is preferred - Deodexed or "Normal" one? (I've installed "normal")

BTW. Which ROM can be considered as more stable - Slim or Resurrection?
Hi,
did you also wipe system partition? This is an important step.
I would recommend to wipe system and simply do a factory reset,
install slim7 and continue directly with gapps pico package (arm).

If you want to mod the rom, then deodexed would be your choice,
if not, the odexed version is better for you.
(it's faster at first boot and directly afterwards)

These two roms should be equal stable, because I'm using the same sources for them.

kissiel7

Jun 3, 2020
Hi,
did you also wipe system partition? This is an important step.
I would recommend to wipe system and simply do a factory reset,
install slim7 and continue directly with gapps pico package (arm).

If you want to mod the rom, then deodexed would be your choice,
if not, the odexed version is better for you.
(it's faster at first boot and directly afterwards)

These two roms should be equal stable, because I'm using the same sources for them.
Thanks for very quick reply (and thanks for the ROMs - great job!). This is what I did - I wiped system, dalvik/cache, data and internal storage, then installed your ROM and gapps.
I'll try your Linege 16.0 now.

BTW. If any of you have issues installing gapps (it sometimes crashes going back to TWRP), my solution was to wipe system and reinstall ROM and gapps again.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Thanks for very quick reply (and thanks for the ROMs - great job!). This is what I did - I wiped system, dalvik/cache, data and internal storage, then installed your ROM and gapps.
I'll try your Linege 16.0 now.

BTW. If any of you have issues installing gapps (it sometimes crashes going back to TWRP), my solution was to wipe system and reinstall ROM and gapps again.
Ok, great if it's solved now, important is to install the gapps directly after the rom installation, without any reboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,
    I'm already working over 2 years at the N80XX devices (mostly LineageOS) and want to introduce you my version of SlimRoms Slim7.
    For sure I want to thank all guy's which were ever working on these devices and also in general at the smdk4412.
    I also want to thank the SlimRoms team and @Android-Andi for applying the latest security patches.

I've added some extra functionality like for example wakening up the device when you pull out the pen, back event when you press the pen button,
    fast charging for every power supply, working keyboard dock + lineout functioning, signature spoofing for microG, Magisk hide support and much more...

I can't guarantee that there aren't any bugs, so I need you for testing and giving me a feedback.
    • N8020: incoming calls doesn't pop up, outgoing calls + internet (also LTE) are working fine.
    • HDMI out for all of them, not implemented.
    Links:
    TWRP

N8000 Rom
    N8010 / N8013 Rom
    N8020 Rom

To disable the sec_keyboard for example to play games without any hardware keyboard,
    simply flash my magisk module to disable it:
    sec_keyboard disabler

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want to.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

https://slimroms.org/#/

Because of my work on Android 9 and Android 11, I'm not able to proceed with all my Android 7 ROM's,
    including Slim7.
    I hope you can understand this and I will leave everything here as it is.
    If you have to upgrade in future, check out my other ROM's.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable] Slimroms Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimRoms
    Security bulletin: 05.12.2020
    Selinux: enforcing

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-07-06
    Last Updated 2020-12-15
    Update 18.07.2020:

• included via browser instead of lightning
    • included terminal in the settings
    • included vanilla music player
    • improved samsung keyboard dock (sec_keyboard) layout
    • fixed usb tethering for n8010/n8013
    • added a button to hide the physical keyboard from the system,
      but this isn't working, still working on it.
    New builds are up :).
    I've already fixed the mouse pointer issue for the pen.
    The pointer will stay for a real mouse.
    You will receive this update very soon.
    Update:

I've ordered some bluetooth headphones to check the mentioned issue.
    The mousepointer for the e-pen is removed.
    There are also some other small fixes done.
    You will receive the updated version the next day's.

I've found an easy solution for those people,
    who want to disable the sec_keyboard, to play games without any hardware keyboard!
    Just simply download my magisk module and flash it with magisk manager or twrp.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682913965
    @ringyring