• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable][EOL] Slimroms Slim7

Search This thread

kissiel7

Jun 3, 2020
Ok, great if it's solved now, important is to install the gapps directly after the rom installation, without any reboot.
Unfortunately, it's not solved:-( What I meant is that I've followed the procedure to install SlimROM 20200929 (but with 20201130, I had the same problem), suggested by you (I did it from scratch), but I faced the same Play Store crash during the initial boot, as before.
If you need any further tests to be executed, please let me know as I did TWRP backup of the ROM, so I can restore it.
One more I've just noticed - my model is not exactly N8000, but N8020-this is LTE version of the tablet. I'm not sure if it makes any difference.

I've done two more tests with your other ROMs - I'll provide my update here, to consolidate discussion/feedback in one place:
- I've installed RR ROM 20201130 - no error after inital boot (after full factory reset), but Google Play randomly disappears (no force close, but the window just disappears), applications installation from Play Store randomly fail (sometimes they install after 2nd attempt). Cleaning Play Services & Play Store data didn't help and reboot after doing this, didn't change anything. Problems "milder" than with Slim, but still annoying.
- I've installed your Lineage 16 (Android 9.0) 20201207 - works great! No error during initial boot (after factory reset). All applications installed from Play Store without any problem (also no errors). I'm running now some benchmarks to do a stress test of the system. PCMark was completed successfully. So far it runs quite good - I'll continue testing. Only Netflix is hidden in Play Store - I think the device fingerprint is not installed (contrary to RR & SlimROM).

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Unfortunately, it's not solved:-( What I meant is that I've followed the procedure to install SlimROM 20200929 (but with 20201130, I had the same problem), suggested by you (I did it from scratch), but I faced the same Play Store crash during the initial boot, as before.
Hmm I never had problems with that, I will retry it by my self tomorrow.
One more I've just noticed - my model is not exactly N8000, but N8020-this is LTE version of the tablet. I'm not sure if it makes any difference.
Then I hope you are testing the N8020 files, these devices have different hardware.
Only Netflix is hidden in Play Store - I think the device fingerprint is not installed (contrary to RR & SlimROM).
Fingerprint is installed, but we have no selinux there, so you have to root with magisk and enable magisk hide, after a reboot you should be able to download all apps again.

kissiel7

Jun 3, 2020
Hmm I never had problems with that, I will retry it by my self tomorrow.
I'll do one more test for you tonight and take screenshots/photos.

Then I hope you are testing the N8020 files, these devices have different hardware.
Sorry - my bad - I thought that only N8020 had SIM card slot, but now I've checked back of my tablet (it was in cover) and indeed it's N8000 (not N8020) - sorry for the confusion.

Fingerprint is installed, but we have no selinux there, so you have to root with magisk and enable magisk hide, after a reboot you should be able to download all apps again.
I didn't know Magisk Hide will help with such issues:) I'll try this, thanks!

kissiel7

Jun 3, 2020
I did more testing tonight.

Here are the steps I did.

I was coming from Lineage 16...

- Wiped: Dalvik, Cache, System, Data
- Install: Slim N8000, 20201130-1815
without reboot
- Install: open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20201207
- Wipe Cache/Dalvik (once again, just in case)
- Reboot
Ended up with boot-loop.
Maybe I missed a step which I didn't record.

Next attempt:
- Install: Slim N8000, 20200929-1046
without reboot
- Reboot

No Google Play store force close on the initial screen (as reported by me earlier), but configuration got frozen on "Check out what's trending with the Google Assistant" page (last step) - I've received window that "GUI stopped responding", however after killing it, it got restarted and I was able to complete the process, however after page "Check out what's trending with the Google Assistant", I always received error "Trouble connecting", "Check your connection and try again." - I'm not sure if this is normal.
Once the configuration is complete, I started to install applications from Play Store - my guinea pigs are "Among Us", "Brawl stars", "Roblox", "Netflix", "Amazon"
Google Play store disappears screen randomly during installation (no force close).

I've decided to try 20201130-1815 again:
- Install: Slim N8000, 20201130-1815
without reboot
- Reboot
This time no boot loop.

"Setup as new"
I use WiFi 5G to connect to the Internet (in case, this matters).
On "Google Services" I disabled "Backup to Google"
After page "Check out what's trending with the Google Assistant", I receive (usual) error "Trouble connecting", "Check your connection and try again."
"Try again" doesn't move me forward - the message appears once again and again, until "Dismiss".
"Dismiss" helps to move ahead.
I waited 25 minutes (I was busy with other stuff).
Then updated ROM apps - "Open Camera", "Via Browser" - all went fine without issues.
Installed "Among Us", "Brawl Stars" - all fine till now.
Added "Roblox", "Amazon Prime Video", "Netflix" to installation queue.
Play Store closed without any notification during the download of "Roblox".
"Roblox" restarted download twice automatically, ending with the error "Can't install Roblox".
After this error message "Amazon Prime Video", "Netflix" installed automatically as next in the queue, without any issue.
I've tried to install "Roblox" once again - it kept restarting. After reaching almost 100% download it'll start from beginning over and over.
Eventually, it has installed, but I believe any bigger app will have the same issue.
As a final test before going to bed, I've started the installation of "Google Duo" - it download restarted at least 3 times and suddenly it got installed.

I've tried a similar sequence with your build of LineageOS 16 - no such issues.

Pretty strange, huh?

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I've tried to install "Roblox" once again - it kept restarting. After reaching almost 100% download it'll start from beginning over and over.
Eventually, it has installed, but I believe any bigger app will have the same issue.
As a final test before going to bed, I've started the installation of "Google Duo" - it download restarted at least 3 times and suddenly it got installed.

I've tried a similar sequence with your build of LineageOS 16 - no such issues.

Pretty strange, huh?
Yes pretty strange, but I recommend to use the pico package, nano is actually "nearly" to big and slows down everything.
I would be interesting if you also have these problems with 2,4GHz Wifi,
we don't know why, but sometimes people have with specific routers problems (and with 5GHz).

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Update 15.12.2020:
  • programmed button in language and input settings to enable / disable pointer icon.
  • replaced icon with original smaller one from stock rom
  • security patch level upgrade to 05.12.2020
  • magisk hide is working again
The links got updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10neke

dorki

May 20, 2013
Thank you for this rom, it's really great. I know it's a basic question but how Can I activate battery percentage in the status bar next to battery icon or actually in the icon? (it's a default question for most people, maybe it will help everyone looking the answer of this with just one reply.)

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
the samsung gt n8000 tablet has a removable pen (s-pen) . I would like to know how I can use it no longer having the original Rom. thanks
You can use it to control, write...
When you pull it out, the device wakes up, also when you stick it back.
When you press the button short, a back event will be
generated.
And the hovering icon can now be enabled / disabled in settings.

Last edited:

mcianca

Mar 26, 2010
ROMA
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
You can use it to control, write...
You can set up gestures for swiping when you are pressing the pen.
When you pull it out, the device wakes up, also when you stick it back.
When you press the button short, a back event will be
generated.
And the hovering icon can now be enabled / disabled in settings.

hello I when I extract the s pen nothing happens of what you say. This rom of yours does not have the samsung program to automatically write with the s pen.

TrueChart251

Apr 11, 2016
Does anyone know what the deal is with local 5GHz networks not appearing, but you can find other 5GHz networks when away from where ever you set it up (in my case home)

igorgomez

Dec 9, 2010
Brasília
Hi! My bluetooth does not work. The version running on my N8013 is September 5th. What are the steps to update to the latest version? I didn't find it here on the thread.

Thank you for saving my note!

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Hi! My bluetooth does not work. The version running on my N8013 is September 5th. What are the steps to update to the latest version? I didn't find it here on the thread.
The steps are the following:
download the latest version from the startpost or the afh updater.
Reboot to twrp and flash it, reboot.

Isnt your bluetooth working at all?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,
    I'm already working over 2 years at the N80XX devices (mostly LineageOS) and want to introduce you my version of SlimRoms Slim7.
    For sure I want to thank all guy's which were ever working on these devices and also in general at the smdk4412.
    I also want to thank the SlimRoms team and @Android-Andi for applying the latest security patches.

I've added some extra functionality like for example wakening up the device when you pull out the pen, back event when you press the pen button,
    fast charging for every power supply, working keyboard dock + lineout functioning, signature spoofing for microG, Magisk hide support and much more...

I can't guarantee that there aren't any bugs, so I need you for testing and giving me a feedback.
    • N8020: incoming calls doesn't pop up, outgoing calls + internet (also LTE) are working fine.
    • HDMI out for all of them, not implemented.
    Links:
    TWRP

N8000 Rom
    N8010 / N8013 Rom
    N8020 Rom

To disable the sec_keyboard for example to play games without any hardware keyboard,
    simply flash my magisk module to disable it:
    sec_keyboard disabler

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want to.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

https://slimroms.org/#/

Because of my work on Android 9 and Android 11, I'm not able to proceed with all my Android 7 ROM's,
    including Slim7.
    I hope you can understand this and I will leave everything here as it is.
    If you have to upgrade in future, check out my other ROM's.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable] Slimroms Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimRoms
    Security bulletin: 05.12.2020
    Selinux: enforcing

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-07-06
    Last Updated 2020-12-15
    Update 18.07.2020:

• included via browser instead of lightning
    • included terminal in the settings
    • included vanilla music player
    • improved samsung keyboard dock (sec_keyboard) layout
    • fixed usb tethering for n8010/n8013
    • added a button to hide the physical keyboard from the system,
      but this isn't working, still working on it.
    New builds are up :).
    I've already fixed the mouse pointer issue for the pen.
    The pointer will stay for a real mouse.
    You will receive this update very soon.
    Update:

I've ordered some bluetooth headphones to check the mentioned issue.
    The mousepointer for the e-pen is removed.
    There are also some other small fixes done.
    You will receive the updated version the next day's.

I've found an easy solution for those people,
    who want to disable the sec_keyboard, to play games without any hardware keyboard!
    Just simply download my magisk module and flash it with magisk manager or twrp.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682913965
    @ringyring