• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable][EOL] Slimroms Slim7

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Update 30.01.2021:
  • TWRP 3.5.0
I'm actually in the middle of the process to make TWRP official again for our devices.

Reactions: Charly_Maths

Okcu

Feb 12, 2021
Hello, the roms I have installed work very well, but there is no midi support on any rom. I cannot choose usb midi in the developer settings. How can I activate midi in this tablet. please help

TrueChart251

Apr 11, 2016
Ok but these two would be different, so actually it should work.
But you could try to disable PMF if your router supports it.
1. I would like to apologize for the extremely late reply
and 2. You're right it should it work, I honestly don't know, but it does connect if the networks are the same like when I'm at school there's only one but it uses both 2.4 and 5GHz and it works fine then, (I do wanna add that I do live with my parents so I can't do anything to the router)

mohsen1_k

Mar 6, 2021
hi dear developers.
i recently changed from an old lineage 7 rom (unfortunatly donno wich ver and by whom! )to this slim rom in n8000 and device completly works and is very fast (thanks for this great rom).
but now i have a problem that didn't have in old rom. the sensitivity of the mic is too high that the voice is alwayes backed in online classes (for my little brother that cant turn off mic every time).
i tried service menu by this code : *#*#197328640#*#*
but when i click audio menu nothing happens.
i even tried some apps and nothing works also i had the same problem on other roms like RR by @html6405 and don carnage's lineage build n6 but same problem.
please help me asap its urgent.
thanks

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
hi dear developers.
i recently changed from an old lineage 7 rom (unfortunatly donno wich ver and by whom! )to this slim rom in n8000 and device completly works and is very fast (thanks for this great rom).
but now i have a problem that didn't have in old rom. the sensitivity of the mic is too high that the voice is alwayes backed in online classes (for my little brother that cant turn off mic every time).
i tried service menu by this code : *#*#197328640#*#*
but when i click audio menu nothing happens.
i even tried some apps and nothing works also i had the same problem on other roms like RR by @html6405 and don carnage's lineage build n6 but same problem.
please help me asap its urgent.
thanks
Hi,
you could try to edit the config file in:

/system/etc/sound/n80xx

with a root browser + editor.
Look for the entry
<device name="builtin-mic">
and try to lower the volume values + test them.

Reactions: mohsen1_k

mohsen1_k

Mar 6, 2021
Hi,
you could try to edit the config file in:

/system/etc/sound/n80xx

with a root browser + editor.
Look for the entry
<device name="builtin-mic">
and try to lower the volume values + test them.
awsome! it worked perfectly. thank you a lot you're the best:D(y)

there are always easy ways for who worked hard befor!:giggle:

(sorry for week english)

Reactions: html6405

amir4rif

Mar 12, 2021
hi i'm new here. Btw thanks for the ROM, its gives my old galaxy note a new life. i cant thank you enough.
just one question, why is it sometimes i cant add my apps to homescreen or i cant remove app from the home screen? if you can help me with this that would be great. =)

Newlife098

May 9, 2021
I really need some help, I had flashed the rom through twrp, it was fine, but I wanted to root my device and I was not able to enter twrp again through the buttons, I took me to the download mode screen and when I clicked volume up to proceed, it used to restart my device, so I plugged in my tab in a computer and got into twrp using adb commands, then after I tried to root it, it was stuck in a bootloop so I went back to twrp and performed a factory reset, now it’s stuck in a bootloop ever since, and the recovery mode and download/Odin mode are not working, it won’t even get detected on a computer, all I see is the slimroms screen 🥺

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
I really need some help, I had flashed the rom through twrp, it was fine, but I wanted to root my device and I was not able to enter twrp again through the buttons, I took me to the download mode screen and when I clicked volume up to proceed, it used to restart my device, so I plugged in my tab in a computer and got into twrp using adb commands, then after I tried to root it, it was stuck in a bootloop so I went back to twrp and performed a factory reset, now it’s stuck in a bootloop ever since, and the recovery mode and download/Odin mode are not working, it won’t even get detected on a computer, all I see is the slimroms screen 🥺
You have to try to press the volumen down and power button as long, until you see the download mode warning screen.

But as long your eMMC is not locked, you should also be able to enter TWRP.

How did you try to root?
I would recommend to wipe your system partition and start from zero.

Newlife098

May 9, 2021
You have to try to press the volumen down and power button as long, until you see the download mode warning screen.

But as long your eMMC is not locked, you should also be able to enter TWRP.

How did you try to root?
I would recommend to wipe your system partition and start from zero.
I can’t enter recovery, I tried so many times by pressing the volume down and power button at the same time, it just says “galaxy note 10.1” then the slimroms boot screen.
I tried to route through twrp by magisk zip but it was still unrooted so then I did the twrp root option it showed, after that I factory reset it and it’s been in a boot loop ever since.
I want to wipe my system partition and start from zero but how will I do it without being able to access the recovery or download mode?

Newlife098

May 9, 2021
I can’t enter recovery, I tried so many times by pressing the volume down and power button at the same time, it just says “galaxy note 10.1” then the slimroms boot screen.
I tried to route through twrp by magisk zip but it was still unrooted so then I did the twrp root option it showed, after that I factory reset it and it’s been in a boot loop ever since.
I want to wipe my system partition and start from zero but how will I do it without being able to access the recovery or download mode?
Update: turns out my power down button was not working, that’s why I was unable to go to recovery, so, I removed the outer button and clicked the actual small button inside and it took me to recovery, it has 0% battery so I will restore my backup later after it charges

noobody168

Mar 9, 2016
I try to move away from Chrome, but google play can not find edge browser.
Try to use pc to push install, got " this item is not compatible with your device" message
Do I have to side load APK?

Abhi2013

Jul 3, 2021
After installing on GT-N8000 i am facing screen orientation issues and also system ui crashes.

MR-CLONER

Jun 29, 2016
Hace 5 años busqué slimrom para esta tableta y no existía ahora estoy feliz porque tuve buenas experiencias con slimrom. Felicitaciones y gracias por tu contribución.

Translation by GT: 5 years ago I looked for slimrom for this tablet and it did not exist now I am happy because I had good experiences with slimrom. Congratulations and thank you for your contribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: html6405

toonscale

Aug 17, 2021
Hello
Thanks for this ROM. Allows me to install a lot of apps not supported on KitKat. However, When i want to do a batch selection in the GALLERY app, it crashes as well as I experience crashes playing a modded version of FIFA game which played normally on the stock rom (after playing some matches though, not on startup)...Please could you help check this?
Thanks in advance

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Hello
Thanks for this ROM. Allows me to install a lot of apps not supported on KitKat. However, When i want to do a batch selection in the GALLERY app, it crashes as well as I experience crashes playing a modded version of FIFA game which played normally on the stock rom (after playing some matches though, not on startup)...Please could you help check this?
Thanks in advance
Hi, I'm sorry for this,
but for lack of time I can't proceed on all my Android 7 ROM's.
(Android 9 and 11 builds are available)

The Gallery app crash was already once mentioned, this is a problem in the source of Slim7 themself and was never fixed.
I also had no time to fix it.
You could try LOS 16 and the FIFA game, maybe it work's there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,
    I'm already working over 2 years at the N80XX devices (mostly LineageOS) and want to introduce you my version of SlimRoms Slim7.
    For sure I want to thank all guy's which were ever working on these devices and also in general at the smdk4412.
    I also want to thank the SlimRoms team and @Android-Andi for applying the latest security patches.

I've added some extra functionality like for example wakening up the device when you pull out the pen, back event when you press the pen button,
    fast charging for every power supply, working keyboard dock + lineout functioning, signature spoofing for microG, Magisk hide support and much more...

I can't guarantee that there aren't any bugs, so I need you for testing and giving me a feedback.
    • N8020: incoming calls doesn't pop up, outgoing calls + internet (also LTE) are working fine.
    • HDMI out for all of them, not implemented.
    Links:
    TWRP

N8000 Rom
    N8010 / N8013 Rom
    N8020 Rom

To disable the sec_keyboard for example to play games without any hardware keyboard,
    simply flash my magisk module to disable it:
    sec_keyboard disabler

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want to.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

https://slimroms.org/#/

Because of my work on Android 9 and Android 11, I'm not able to proceed with all my Android 7 ROM's,
    including Slim7.
    I hope you can understand this and I will leave everything here as it is.
    If you have to upgrade in future, check out my other ROM's.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable] Slimroms Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimRoms
    Security bulletin: 05.12.2020
    Selinux: enforcing

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-07-06
    Last Updated 2020-12-15
    Update 18.07.2020:

• included via browser instead of lightning
    • included terminal in the settings
    • included vanilla music player
    • improved samsung keyboard dock (sec_keyboard) layout
    • fixed usb tethering for n8010/n8013
    • added a button to hide the physical keyboard from the system,
      but this isn't working, still working on it.
    New builds are up :).
    I've already fixed the mouse pointer issue for the pen.
    The pointer will stay for a real mouse.
    You will receive this update very soon.
    Update:

I've ordered some bluetooth headphones to check the mentioned issue.
    The mousepointer for the e-pen is removed.
    There are also some other small fixes done.
    You will receive the updated version the next day's.

I've found an easy solution for those people,
    who want to disable the sec_keyboard, to play games without any hardware keyboard!
    Just simply download my magisk module and flash it with magisk manager or twrp.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682913965
    @ringyring