[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable] Slimroms Slim7

Search This thread

ringyring

Jul 13, 2020
Shouldnt be, but you can test it and change your time zone.
But there will be a update soon, maybe then it will also work for you.
Thanks. Also, how do I fully wipe all the data on my tablet without bricking it? I suspect those bugs may be due to some hidden files left over from my previous ROMs.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Thanks. Also, how do I fully wipe all the data on my tablet without bricking it? I suspect those bugs may be due to some hidden files left over from my previous ROMs.

If you choose wipe->Format Data then everything will be erased in the data partition,
after this you can wipe cache and system.
This is safe an make's your tablet completely clean.

Reactions: ringyring

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Update 18.07.2020:

• included via browser instead of lightning
  • included terminal in the settings
  • included vanilla music player
  • improved samsung keyboard dock (sec_keyboard) layout
  • fixed usb tethering for n8010/n8013
  • added a button to hide the physical keyboard from the system,
    but this isn't working, still working on it.

berimbolo

Jul 18, 2020
People who are having trouble need to do a factory reset in twrp before they can install the rom
edit: sorry for confusion, i mean the WIPE option. I just did the default wipe option (Non-advanced)

I installed it and it works great.
Any tips on how to use it or install new apps?
Thanks!

Last edited:

ringyring

Jul 13, 2020
People who are having trouble need to do a factory reset in twrp before they can install the rom

I installed it and it works great.
Any tips on how to use it or install new apps?
Thanks!

Is a factory reset the same as wiping cache, data, dalvik and system? I couldn't find an option called "Factory reset" inside TWRP.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Dear users of this ROM,

Can you please tell, have any of you encountered this Play Store issue shown in the attached screenshot while using this ROM? If yes, then what is the model number of your device, and have you been able to solve this issue on your own? For those who don't know, my device's model number is GT-N8000.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

Sorry, for some reason the image isn't getting posted.

berimbolo

Jul 18, 2020
Is a factory reset the same as wiping cache, data, dalvik and system? I couldn't find an option called "Factory reset" inside TWRP.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Thank you.

ah yes, its called Wipe inside TWRP And i just did the default wipe, (the one that it says it will work most of the time).

berimbolo

Jul 18, 2020
Here is the screenshot of the issue I mentioned in my previous post

Please write if you had this issue and on which device you had it. Thank you.

AFAIK, it looks like that app requires a newer version of android. I checked in the slim settings and it looks like the android version is 7 while the currently latest android version is 10. So many apps probably won't work unless you are at version 10. (still better than version 4.1.2 which is what the stock rom had).

I could be wrong since I am new to this. Please correct me. Thanks!

ringyring

Jul 13, 2020
AFAIK, it looks like that app requires a newer version of android. I checked in the slim settings and it looks like the android version is 7 while the currently latest android version is 10. So many apps probably won't work unless you are at version 10. (still better than version 4.1.2 which is what the stock rom had).

I could be wrong since I am new to this. Please correct me. Thanks!

According to APKMirror and APKPure, the latest update of Asphalt 9 supports Android 4.3 and above, so even if you're on a stock ROM (updated to Android 4.4 KitKat), the app should theoretically work. For some reason, despite my tablet being marked as Play Protect certified and being listed in Gameloft's official device support list for Asphalt 9, Play Store shows the incompatibility error. Even when I sideload the app from APKMirror and launch it, the app says the license is invalid (despite this being a free game).

I tried searching for solutions to this issue. Deleting Play Store's, Play Services' and Google Services' cache and data didn't work. The same goes for editing the build.prop. I tried to make my device look like a Pixel 1, but my Google account still recognises it as Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Is it even still possible to spoof your device under the modern Play Services?)

There were also the options of using Lucky Patcher or GLTools; however, I wanted to be able to play Asphalt 9 on my other devices and so didn't want to risk getting completely banned from the game if Gameloft found out that I used a cheat to play on an "unsupported" device. Edit: Also, I felt those apps could be malware due to them being closed-source, being banned from the Play Store, and each of them not having a single confirmed official website.

However, I still hope that the "Your device isn't compatible with this version" issue can be solved by tweaking the ROM. Is this possible, @html6045?

Last edited:

ringyring

Jul 13, 2020
Update 18.07.2020:

included via browser instead of lightning
included terminal in the settings
included vanilla music player
improved samsung keyboard dock (sec_keyboard) layout
fixed usb tethering for n8010/n8013
added a button to hide the physical keyboard from the system,

Sorry for the dumb question, but where can I download this version of the ROM? Edit: The download link in the first post was updated; I didn't notice it the first time. I think the "last updated" date should be changed.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I haven't used a SIM card on my tablet for several years; however, under most of the custom ROMs I tried, including this one, cellular standby has always drained a significant amount of energy from the battery. Here is a screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-uYsNbaf3PuJDPpUi0E4L689FUDe2kZK/view?usp=drivesdk

I noticed this a long time ago; however, I haven't found a satisfying explanation for this on the web since then. Hence why I am asking here, is such battery drain normal? Also, is it possible to completely turn off cell standby to remove this drain? Apologies if this post is off-topic.

Edit: here is a more detailed screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-uxnQD7ENiqhoQaM-1-Fvk4lkn4e5o02/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit 2: I don't remember exactly, but I feel like this has also happened on my tablet's stock, unmodified ROM. I don't have the data to confirm it, though. Also, I am currently not interested in re-flashing it to just test the battery usage.

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
According to APKMirror and APKPure, the latest update of Asphalt 9 supports Android 4.3 and above, so even if you're on a stock ROM (updated to Android 4.4 KitKat), the app should theoretically work. For some reason, despite my tablet being marked as Play Protect certified and being listed in Gameloft's official device support list for Asphalt 9, Play Store shows the incompatibility error. Even when I sideload the app from APKMirror and launch it, the app says the license is invalid (despite this being a free game).

I tried searching for solutions to this issue. Deleting Play Store's, Play Services' and Google Services' cache and data didn't work. The same goes for editing the build.prop. I tried to make my device look like a Pixel 1, but my Google account still recognises it as Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Is it even still possible to spoof your device under the modern Play Services?)

There were also the options of using Lucky Patcher or GLTools; however, I wanted to be able to play Asphalt 9 on my other devices and so didn't want to risk getting completely banned from the game if Gameloft found out that I used a cheat to play on an "unsupported" device. Edit: Also, I felt those apps could be malware due to them being closed-source, being banned from the Play Store, and each of them not having a single confirmed official website.

However, I still hope that the "Your device isn't compatible with this version" issue can be solved by tweaking the ROM. Is this possible, @html6045?

Hi,
I guess there is no other way than to use GLTools at the moment,
changing the devices finger print is not enough to get it through the play store.
But you must install it from there, otherwise the license is missing.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Sorry for the dumb question, but where can I download this version of the ROM? Edit: The download link in the first post was updated; I didn't notice it the first time. I think the "last updated" date should be changed.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I haven't used a SIM card on my tablet for several years; however, under most of the custom ROMs I tried, including this one, cellular standby has always drained a significant amount of energy from the battery. Here is a screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-uYsNbaf3PuJDPpUi0E4L689FUDe2kZK/view?usp=drivesdk

I noticed this a long time ago; however, I haven't found a satisfying explanation for this on the web since then. Hence why I am asking here, is such battery drain normal? Also, is it possible to completely turn off cell standby to remove this drain? Apologies if this post is off-topic.

Edit: here is a more detailed screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-uxnQD7ENiqhoQaM-1-Fvk4lkn4e5o02/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit 2: I don't remember exactly, but I feel like this has also happened on my tablet's stock, unmodified ROM. I don't have the data to confirm it, though. Also, I am currently not interested in re-flashing it to just test the battery usage.

Hi, this looks not normal for me, on my devices the battery drain is about 1 percent.
Maybe the network is very weak at your location? Then it would take mor energy to find a network.
It also could be a hardware problem.

If you don't need any sim card, you could just install twpr and rom for the n8010, then RIL is deactivated.

ringyring

Jul 13, 2020
Hi,
I guess there is no other way than to use GLTools at the moment,
changing the devices finger print is not enough to get it through the play store.
But you must install it from there, otherwise the license is missing.

Is there a chance I will get banned for using it in a multiplayer game like Asphalt 9?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,
    I'm already working over 2 years at the N80XX devices (mostly LineageOS) and want to introduce you my version of SlimRoms Slim7.
    For sure I want to thank all guy's which were ever working on these devices and also in general at the smdk4412.
    I also want to thank the SlimRoms team and @Android-Andi for applying the latest security patches.

I've added some extra functionality like for example wakening up the device when you pull out the pen, back event when you press the pen button,
    fast charging for every power supply, working keyboard dock + lineout functioning, signature spoofing for microG, Magisk hide support and much more...

I can't guarantee that there aren't any bugs, so I need you for testing and giving me a feedback.
    • N8020: incoming calls doesn't pop up, outgoing calls + internet (also LTE) are working fine.
    • HDMI out for all of them, not implemented.
    Links:
    TWRP

N8000 Rom
    N8010 / N8013 Rom
    N8020 Rom

To disable the sec_keyboard for example to play games without any hardware keyboard,
    simply flash my magisk module to disable it:
    sec_keyboard disabler

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want to.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

https://slimroms.org/#/
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Beta] Slimroms Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimRoms
    Security bulletin: 05.12.2020
    Selinux: enforcing

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-07-06
    Last Updated 2020-12-15
    Update 18.07.2020:

• included via browser instead of lightning
    • included terminal in the settings
    • included vanilla music player
    • improved samsung keyboard dock (sec_keyboard) layout
    • fixed usb tethering for n8010/n8013
    • added a button to hide the physical keyboard from the system,
    New builds are up :).
    I've already fixed the mouse pointer issue for the pen.
    The pointer will stay for a real mouse.
    You will receive this update very soon.
    Update:

I've ordered some bluetooth headphones to check the mentioned issue.
    The mousepointer for the e-pen is removed.
    There are also some other small fixes done.
    You will receive the updated version the next day's.

I've found an easy solution for those people,
    who want to disable the sec_keyboard, to play games without any hardware keyboard!
    Just simply download my magisk module and flash it with magisk manager or twrp.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682913965
    @ringyring
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone