[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Stable] Slimroms Slim7

Search This thread

azhhael

Aug 4, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Can you help me?

I am sorry bugging you with this question, but there is a really long time i dont root any gadged i have, my gtn8000 stopped to install apps and i want to root it and install alternative rom to try continuing using it... can you tell me how to root it to change the rom to yours????

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
There are hundreds of tutorials how to flash a samsung device.
I dont want to discuss every small detail, but to keep it short,
what you have to do is:

1. flash twrp for the n8000 with odin under AP (the tablet has to be in download mode).
2. reboot into the twrp custom recovery
3. do a factory reset and wipe system under advanced wipe
4. copy the downloaded rom and gapps into the internal memory or use a sdcard
5. install the rom
6. install gapps
7. reboot and enjoy slim7 ;).

Komodoketavaran

Oct 20, 2013
Eh, my tablet shows this since 10 minutes. Can I just force reboot and try again or is it already messed up now? IMG_20200817_102457.jpg

Gesendet von meinem HD1913 mit Tapatalk

Edit: yeah I think it's messed up. I forced reboot and flashed old build again and now nothing works anymore [emoji23] launcher is restarting every 5 seconds. Have to start all over

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Eh, my tablet shows this since 10 minutes. Can I just force reboot and try again or is it already messed up now?View attachment 5080897

Edit: yeah I think it's messed up. I forced reboot and flashed old build again and now nothing works anymore [emoji23] launcher is restarting every 5 seconds. Have to start all over

I'm pretty sure that you didnt checked the md5 sum of the download ;).
There are sometimes download errors from android filehost.

Just simply wipe system, install the rom again and afterwards the gapps, it shouldnt be necessary to wipe your data.

Komodoketavaran

Oct 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure that you didnt checked the md5 sum of the download ;).

There are sometimes download errors from android filehost.

Just simply wipe system, install the rom again and afterwards the gapps, it shouldnt be necessary to wipe your data.
Of course I did not checked the md5 ^^

I redownload it and it worked now. I was starting all over anyway :)

lord_yabol

May 25, 2010
Hi. I have a problem with microphone. It doesn't work at all. On recorded by n8000 movies i hear only noises and on voice record. Is it a problem with rom or my device?

the_kurgan

Mar 24, 2016
Hi, Im having an issue with spen when I use the Pen and put my hand on the screen the Pen stop working and causes random drawing lines until I remove the hand I think is giving preference to the hand over the Pen is This happening to others or only me?

Thanks

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Hi, Im having an issue with spen when I use the Pen and put my hand on the screen the Pen stop working and causes random drawing lines until I remove the hand I think is giving preference to the hand over the Pen is This happening to others or only me?

Thanks

I've never tried this before, but as it seems, slim7 treats the touch screen and the sec_touch with the same priority, while RR and LOS prefere's the pen.

Reactions: the_kurgan

venkris

Aug 24, 2020
hi,
I am unable to enter into TWRP mode.. Pls advice..
i ahave connected my N8000 to my laptop and copied both files and restart the tab, i have selected auto reboot, reset time and AP in options.

1) Slim-n8000-7.1.2.build.2.12-HTML6405-20200813-1210
2) open_gapps-arm64-7.1-micro-20200823.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
hi,
I am unable to enter into TWRP mode.. Pls advice..
i ahave connected my N8000 to my laptop and copied both files and restart the tab, i have selected auto reboot, reset time and AP in options.

1) Slim-n8000-7.1.2.build.2.12-HTML6405-20200813-1210
2) open_gapps-arm64-7.1-micro-20200823.

Hi, you should disable auto reboot and when Odin say's pass, just
press volume up + power as long, till the tablet reboots.
Afterwards you should be in twrp.
You've also downloaded the wrong gapps, our devices have an 32 bit architecture. (ARM)

Last edited:

MMushrms

Aug 26, 2020
Wifi problem

First of all, thanks a lot for the awesome ROM. Needed an update to the old tablet as many apps won't work with the stock Android 4.0
I've encountered the wifi problem, but a little different from the previous posters. I could connect to my home 2.4 and 5g wifi just fine, access web contents. However, the very strange part is that my wifi always says "Connected, no Internet", and would have an "x" mark over the icon. Tried a reflash and factory reset, but still the same. Rather odd.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
First of all, thanks a lot for the awesome ROM. Needed an update to the old tablet as many apps won't work with the stock Android 4.0
I've encountered the wifi problem, but a little different from the previous posters. I could connect to my home 2.4 and 5g wifi just fine, access web contents. However, the very strange part is that my wifi always says "Connected, no Internet", and would have an "x" mark over the icon. Tried a reflash and factory reset, but still the same. Rather odd.

Hi, this is very strange.
I've never heard about this problem, what if you try any other router or your smartphone as a hotspot,
is it the same behaviour?
How fast is your internet connection?

jsol.8

Aug 27, 2020
Thanks a LOT for this ROM. I've never installed a custom ROM before, but I'm glad that I did. It took me a while to find an Odin version that worked for me. I'm using it without GAPPS and without being root.
PROS:
- Fast and slim, as promised.
- No problem with wifi
- The pointer doesn't bother me
- Both cameras work great

CONS:
- The noisy keyboard: I disabled all the sounds and vibration but it still vibrated. I just installed another keyboard and problem solved (?)
- It crashes a lot. I download all the apps from APK Pure, if that helps. Anyways, when that happen I reopen the apps and normally the second time they work fine.
- I'd love to be able to uninstall the preinstalled apps. I don't know if that's possible.
But overall, I'm pretty happy with my "new" tablet :)

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Thanks a LOT for this ROM. I've never installed a custom ROM before, but I'm glad that I did. It took me a while to find an Odin version that worked for me. I'm using it without GAPPS and without being root.
PROS:
- Fast and slim, as promised.
- No problem with wifi
- The pointer doesn't bother me
- Both cameras work great

CONS:
- The noisy keyboard: I disabled all the sounds and vibration but it still vibrated. I just installed another keyboard and problem solved (?)
- It crashes a lot. I download all the apps from APK Pure, if that helps. Anyways, when that happen I reopen the apps and normally the second time they work fine.
- I'd love to be able to uninstall the preinstalled apps. I don't know if that's possible.
But overall, I'm pretty happy with my "new" tablet :)

Hi,

if you are facing crashes, just send me a last_kmsg, in most cases it is some problem of your device, we will find out.
If you want to remove the preinstalled apps, just deactivate them in the app settings or use a root uninstaller, for this you would need root rights.

The pointer was removed in the last recent version, or which one do you exactly mean?
Maybe you are using the first version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,
    I'm already working over 2 years at the N80XX devices (mostly LineageOS) and want to introduce you my version of SlimRoms Slim7.
    For sure I want to thank all guy's which were ever working on these devices and also in general at the smdk4412.
    I also want to thank the SlimRoms team and @Android-Andi for applying the latest security patches.

I've added some extra functionality like for example wakening up the device when you pull out the pen, back event when you press the pen button,
    fast charging for every power supply, working keyboard dock + lineout functioning, signature spoofing for microG, Magisk hide support and much more...

I can't guarantee that there aren't any bugs, so I need you for testing and giving me a feedback.
    • N8020: incoming calls doesn't pop up, outgoing calls + internet (also LTE) are working fine.
    • HDMI out for all of them, not implemented.
    Links:
    TWRP

N8000 Rom
    N8010 / N8013 Rom
    N8020 Rom

To disable the sec_keyboard for example to play games without any hardware keyboard,
    simply flash my magisk module to disable it:
    sec_keyboard disabler

If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want to.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

https://slimroms.org/#/
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][Beta] Slimroms Slim7, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: SlimRoms
    Security bulletin: 05.12.2020
    Selinux: enforcing

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-07-06
    Last Updated 2020-12-15
    Update 18.07.2020:

• included via browser instead of lightning
    • included terminal in the settings
    • included vanilla music player
    • improved samsung keyboard dock (sec_keyboard) layout
    • fixed usb tethering for n8010/n8013
    • added a button to hide the physical keyboard from the system,
      but this isn't working, still working on it.
    New builds are up :).
    I've already fixed the mouse pointer issue for the pen.
    The pointer will stay for a real mouse.
    You will receive this update very soon.
    Update:

I've ordered some bluetooth headphones to check the mentioned issue.
    The mousepointer for the e-pen is removed.
    There are also some other small fixes done.
    You will receive the updated version the next day's.

I've found an easy solution for those people,
    who want to disable the sec_keyboard, to play games without any hardware keyboard!
    Just simply download my magisk module and flash it with magisk manager or twrp.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682913965
    @ringyring
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone