• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][N8000/N801x/N8020][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 Nougat [EOL]

Search This thread

cris royal (Elec)

Mar 20, 2017
Kingston
Yes its working fine (3G/Carrier signal)

uh!. wow! I am so happy for you! did you come straight from both stock recovery and rom when you install this custom rom?.

in my case there isn't no activity, nothing pertaining to cellular networking....?

tell me the steps you take pleaseeee, I want to walk in your footprints if you guide me.

Thanks in advance...

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Thanks for confirming this. I have an adapter for my micro SIM but that didn't work in my initial test.
I may also have broken it accidentally as I can hardly remove the SIM after putting it in. Seems to be an issue with the contacts in the slot.

hey Mr Carnage, if the slot is indeed, how would one remedy that?. I take it that by "slot", you mean the simcard holder area that makes contact on the simcard?...

I too have a micro simcard with the adapter that was recently purchase, but no desired result when inserted..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Sukram2014

Jun 24, 2014
Cham
Don, I installed your N4 with a full wipe including data. I installed sat1 streaming APP. Still getting green, violet streaming distortions after 20 seconds! And that is happening with all other TV streaming APPs of the private companies: pixelrubbish after some time. Zattoo is working! Could you Plesse have a look at? Thanx, Sukram.

WoodV

Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for confirming this. I have an adapter for my micro SIM but that didn't work in my initial test.
I may also have broken it accidentally as I can hardly remove the SIM after putting it in. Seems to be an issue with the contacts in the slot.

I used an adapter for my nano sim as well. It perfectly fits ;)

uh!. wow! I am so happy for you! did you come straight from both stock recovery and rom when you install this custom rom?.

in my case there isn't no activity, nothing pertaining to cellular networking....?

tell me the steps you take pleaseeee, I want to walk in your footprints if you guide me.

Thanks in advance...

* Before switching to this rom I had a pre-rooted 4.4 stock rom (this rom was flashed by TWRP not ODIN) and TWRP recovery version 2.8.7
* The steps I've done to flash this rom as following:
- Full wipe in TWRP (Davik cache/Cache/system/data)
- Flash Don's rom
- Flash GApp 7.1 ARM (pico)
- Reboot system (without install supersu)
It's all that simple.

P/S:
- pre-rooted 4.4 stock rom: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...nt/rom-stock-2016-04-02-n8000xxudpb1-t3394147
- TWRP recovery version 2.8.7: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=12926#downloads

Last edited:
Reactions: cris royal (Elec)

cris royal (Elec)

Mar 20, 2017
Kingston
I used an adapter for my nano sim as well. It perfectly fits ;)

* Before switching to this rom I had a pre-rooted 4.4 stock rom (this rom was flashed by TWRP not ODIN) and TWRP recovery version 2.8.7
* The steps I've done to flash this rom as following:
- Full wipe in TWRP (Davik cache/Cache/system/data)
- Flash Don's rom
- Flash GApp 7.1 ARM (pico)
- Reboot system (without install supersu)
It's all that simple.

P/S:
- pre-rooted 4.4 stock rom: https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...nt/rom-stock-2016-04-02-n8000xxudpb1-t3394147
- TWRP recovery version 2.8.7: https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=12926#downloads

I will walk the walk after a less hectic day from work. I will report back. ?

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
Full wipe means: cache, dalvik/art cache, system, data. You don't need to wipe the internal storage. For the performance, I'm still investigating whether it is the old hardware or there is an issue on the software side. The play store on the stock ROM takes roughly 7 seconds to be started, so there is a negative diff, but that could also very well be caused by the OS which is of course also advancing and requiring better hardware to run at the same speed.

I think there is a small performance issue somewhere.
When i first installed this rom (did a clean wipe...) I tought it was slower... or at least way less responsive than the first 7.1.2 Builds or even Secretwolfs build.
At first i'd blame Governor settings... but if you took Lirokas source that should be the same right? So it seems like it might be toolchain/compiler options? Don't really know that stuff too well... Just heard from Eliminater74 (which does Nebula Kernel and PurefusionOS) that this can make a HUGE difference.

P.S people with 5ghz WiFi issues... try Channel 35 instead of 149.

Last edited:

Twski

Nov 24, 2012
São Paulo
Thank you don cornage for your work, but the rom still crashs when installing some apps, tell me why bro

This is a tad disrespectful. Plus, where are the logs?
Quoting OP:
Reporting Bugs

Please provide logcat, dmesg, kmsg, steps to reproduce or whatever is appropriate to help me understand the issue.
Here is a link to help you help me: How To Logcat

For the last_kmsg:
* you need adb installed
* activate adb root in the developer options
* use the following command to copy the file: adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt

I'll make a more detailed tutorial on this later today.

Reactions: eChino

eChino

Aug 5, 2018
Thanks Dev for attempts an work! However, I couldn't install the latest build, constantly gett error code 7. I already deleted the "getprop" lines without success. TWRP is the supported one from post #1. Any ideas?

Edit: Ignore this post, I'm just stupid... Solved the issue.
Thanks again to Dev!!

Last edited:

smrsxn

Dec 30, 2011
Thanks for the great ROM!

Somehow all apps on play store are coming as not optimized for your device... I have tried clearing cache and data from google play store/services/framework... But didn't work.
Any thing you guys can suggest?

note___4

Feb 2, 2019
Thanks for the great ROM!

Somehow all apps on play store are coming as not optimized for your device... I have tried clearing cache and data from google play store/services/framework... But didn't work.
Any thing you guys can suggest?
I have this problem too in this rom and other custom roms but this apps install and work without any problem

smrsxn

Dec 30, 2011
I wanted to use this tablet for my iFit machine... unfortunately the video that play inside the app come with black video but the sounds do play.
I tried all the color correction/video encoders, but am unable to get that app to run videos properly.

So I thought it may have something to do with the not optimized warning that comes on every app.

Don Carnage

I wanted to use this tablet for my iFit machine... unfortunately the video that play inside the app come with black video but the sounds do play.
I tried all the color correction/video encoders, but am unable to get that app to run videos properly.

So I thought it may have something to do with the not optimized warning that comes on every app.

This may have various reasons and is usually something that only the app developer can fix. Reasons include but are not limited to:

* missing screenshots for the app
* missing resources that match the devices dpi
* no landscape mode on tablets
* target sdk is too old
* missing translations

There is no official explanation of what's causing this message as far as I know, so it could include other stuff. I know for example that I shouldn't change the device's build fingerprint as this also causes issues with the play store. So the fingerprint is still at the last official note 10.1 release which is 4.4.2.

Reactions: phubarr
Oct 12, 2016
Good

Test this rom few days, my daily used features seems working fine.
The stock screen recorder and pen gestures working. :good:

-MTP Closed message, same as other N Roms, i disable it to block, seems all works fine.
-Volume button wake up, after stay a long time, it's not working, i must use power button. same as CM13, LOS14.1. want know who's NotePad can working it anytime ?

Low importance for me:
-Pen cursor not showing, the option will auto change to off, same as other N Roms.
-Switch volume button when rotation option, seems not working.

--------
I have a log about camera not focused, created by MyAndroidtools, not sure it can helpful.

Attachments

• log_2019-02-15-14_46_05.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THERE WILL BE NO MORE UPDATES HERE!

This thread hasn't been updated in a while as I'm working on mainline support and a kernel 5.10 release for the Note 10.1. There are excellent releases of Android 9+ from @html6405 now and I don't intend on updating this thread. I'll leave everything as is, but don't expect me to view this thread on a regular basis. Most questions are already answered, use the search.

For the new mainline kernel version, please don't ask for any ETAs, there's still some things to be fixed before there will be an official release and I have a normal life to take care off.

If you have experience with kernel / ROM development and want to help me out? Leave me a message, I'd appreciate any helping hand no matter how much you can contribute, every little bit helps. Even looking at the device tree and giving me hints would be great as I would still consider myself being intermediate at best at putting everything together, it's just a lot to dig into with the little time I have.

=====================

Code:
    /*
    * Your (expired) warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi, I'm currently trying to get this device officially supported again as I really love it and it never let me down in the last 5 or so years. It still works amazingly fast and I have no need to replace it with anything else.

As I'm a Java engineer for my day job there is a lot of new stuff here, I had some contact with C/C++ when I studied CS a couple of years ago but never actually wrote anything bigger than two or three files in these languages. This is quite an adventure and I learned a lot already but I'm open for any help you can offer. After all, I'm doing this for fun and getting better at whatever hits me in the face while doing it.

Current Status
    Frozen - No further development!

Working
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • SELinux
    • Sensors
    • IR
    • RIL (N8000)
    • Wifi (98% of the time?)

Partly working
    • Camera (use OpenCamera, zoom and focus not working currently)
    • Setup Wizard: Voice Match installation screen has wrong rotation
    • MTP (occasionally crashing)

Not working at all
    • RIL (N8020)

Reporting Bugs

Please provide logcat, dmesg, kmsg, steps to reproduce or whatever is appropriate to help me understand the issue.
    Here is a link to help you help me: How To Logcat

Source Code

Device #1: n8000
    Device #2: n8013
    Device #2: n8020
    Common: n80xx-common
    Common: p4notelte-common
    SoC: smdk4412-common
    SoC QC: smdk4412-qcom-common
    Kernel: smdk4412
    Hardware: samsung

FAQ

• Q: Why another thread?!?
    • A: The ROM provided by @lirokoa is great but it is based on sources that deviated quite a lot from the official LOS repo, I try to close this gap and get the ROM aligned to the remaining devices based on the SMDK4412 core so that everbody profits from the development going on there. This ultimately means that we can get a 8.x alpha version "soon" after fixing the remaining issues.

• Q: How can I help to improve the ROM?
    • A: If you are a developer, I'd be happy to discuss the remaining issues with you and how to approach/solve them. I'm open for pull requests on Github. If you are testing the ROM and can provide log files for issues this is also a great thing, even more so if it is one of the devices I do not own.

• Q: What's up with the performance?
    • A: Disable Live Display, it's actually not supported by the GPU (or at least by the current driver)

• Q: The camera is crashing!
    • A: Use Open Camera

• Q: Wifi attempts to connect but never succeeds!
    • A: Try reflashing again, including wiping. This usually fixes it.

Credits and Thanks
    • all the people that worked/are still working on the smdk4412 device and kernel source code, this wouldn't be possible without their hard work!
    • the guys from #lineageos-dev channel for helping me out with my questions
    • all the people posting helpful guides in various sections all over the forums
    • @lirokoa for the updates and support that helped this device to live on until today

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 N8000/N801X/N8020, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    Don Carnage
    Source Code: https://github.com/Viciouss?tab=repositories&q=android

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2018-12-28
    Last Updated 2019-11-28
    Updates

Build N6 (12.03.2019)
    • Bluetooth for the N8020
    • Reactivated pegasusq boost
    • Set maximum volume from 5 to 7
    • Platform Security Updates (03/19)

Build N5 (15.02.2019)
    • Enabled IR sender
    • SELinux rule cleanup
    • Added N8020 support!

Build N4 (21.01.2019)
    • Fixed Power HAL permission issues
    • Eliminated some warnings from logcat (camera and boost related)
    • Camera shouldn't crash anymore

Build N3 (07.01.2019)
    • Fixed the video playing issues

Build N2 (31.12.2018)
    • N801x now available!
    • Basic camera support, some problems with video
    • Activated CPU Power Management
    • Streamlined some kernel parameters with other configs for the same board

Build N1 (29.12.2018)
    • Make the Note 10.1 great again!
    • Lots of device file adjustments
    • Fixed keyboard not showing up initially
    • Fixed Settings app crash
    Installation
    • use TWRP files from the link below!
    • coming from stock: flash TWRP TAR.MD5 file via Odin (I used 3.12 for this) or Heimdall (latest)
    • TWRP already installed: flash TWRP IMG file via TWRP
    • boot into recovery
    • wipe cache + dalvik/art
    • coming from stock/another rom: wipe system + data
    • flash ROM first, then GApps without rebooting the device
    • wipe the cache again just for fun

Need Root for Apps?

TWRP

TWRP got it's own thread, click this link to get there.

ROMs

Open GApps

• Click me (ARM - 7.1 - don't use FULL as there is not enough space to install it - try micro or lower instead)

Archived Downloads
    Small update from my side:

I added the IR module which doesn't seem to make any problems.
    The N8020 build was successful and I already booted into the system, still need to do some testing though.
    Updates will be uploaded next week as I still don't have my personal internet access back.
    I'm currently planning out my next steps after fixing the damn MTP bug. Is there anything bothering you currently which needs to be fixed ASAP with the current version of the ROM and that cannot wait any longer? If not, I would propose (if there is any demand) to build maybe one or two other Custom ROMs which shouldn't be too much work and then start on the 8.1 update. What do you think? Are you even interested in having some choice or are you ok with having LineageOS and want the 8.1 update immediately? I'm curious about the answers.