• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][7.1.2][NIGHTLY] AOKP N [OMS] (armani)

Search This thread

aniket.lamba

Jul 16, 2012
New Delhi
mr-tweaker.github.io
aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Full Substratum Support

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Cache
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
AOKP, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
aniket.lamba
Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: A custom recovery (TWRP preferrable),knowledge on how to flash zip files,a brain ofcourse!
Based On: CyanogenMod + AOSP + CAF

Version Information

Created 2017-01-25
Last Updated 2017-06-08

Belaidt2012

Jan 12, 2015
Flashed this rom Open Gapps 20170119 ans supersu 2.79 after wipping Cache, system and Data. then fist start I go to recovery to restore Data from previous 7.1.1 Rom i have same as other Rom except Rom Control Features.

Last edited:

mkguru

Sep 17, 2014
Bangalore
Excellent rom but only issue is downloading from playstore while in roaming. I read somewhere in internet that temporary fix can be replacing the 2 apps of downloadprovider & downloadprovideui with the old working ones. I haven't tried since i don't have those old apps.

Orion281

Sep 15, 2015
@aniket.lamba First I would like to thank you for this awesome rom. I'm using this rom for past one month and only bug that i have encountered so far is Power Menu screenshot option does not work and sometimes it causes reboot. Also you should update the download links in OP. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP?

AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Why AOKP ?

We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Full Substratum Support

Downloads

Instructions

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
    aniket.lamba
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOKP

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: A custom recovery (TWRP preferrable),knowledge on how to flash zip files,a brain ofcourse!
    Based On: CyanogenMod + AOSP + CAF

Version Information

Created 2017-01-25
    Last Updated 2017-06-08
    You are on fire aniket.lamba! Awesome job!
    Yes his PC builds so many roms I'm sure it's CPU already on fire so is his room and he himself [emoji12] jk he is MVP of Armani 70% roms in this forum built by him that's one hell of achievement
    @aniket.lamba First I would like to thank you for this awesome rom. I'm using this rom for past one month and only bug that i have encountered so far is Power Menu screenshot option does not work and sometimes it causes reboot. Also you should update the download links in OP. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------
    You are on fire aniket.lamba! Awesome job!