[ROM][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM WEEKLIES (armani)

Search This thread

aniket.lamba

Jul 16, 2012
New Delhi
mr-tweaker.github.io
yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

We only support Dynamic (Beans) GApps, reports on force closes with any other packages will be ignored.

Get CarbonROM
GitHub
Gerrit
Device source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

If you like my work,you can make a donation here -

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
aniket.lamba
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: A custom recovery (TWRP preferrable),knowledge on how to flash zip files,a brain ofcourse!
Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2017-08-17
Last Updated 2017-08-17

aniket.lamba

Jul 16, 2012
New Delhi
mr-tweaker.github.io
Q n A

Official weeklies are out! Get them from the "Get CarbonROM" link in the OP.

BUGS:

-> You tell me.

CHANGELOGS:

You can visit https://carbonrom.org/changelog to view the changelog.

FAQs (Please read before posting questions):

Q: Does this ROM support OMS?
A: Yes, full OMS7 support is present.

Q: Is the ROM rooted by default?
A: No, please flash your favorite root solution after installing the ROM.

Q: Does the camera work?
A: It does.

Q: Do I need to make a factory reset before installing this ROM?
A: If you're installing it for the first time, YES, a full factory reset is required. If you're moving from an unofficial build to official weeklies, A FULL WIPE IS REQUIRED. Otherwise, dirty flash would work fine. If you have any issues with Google apps crashing, flash your gapps again.

Q: SafetyNet?
A: Sure, if you use Magisk and enable Magisk hide.

Credits:
LineageOS
@kwoktopus
@Myself5
@gtpitch

You can say thanks by donating to CarbonROM, me or any of the contributors. It really helps.

Last edited:

meets143

Aug 7, 2017
Screenshots please...

Bro, screenshots please..and tell me if this ROM having apps lock... System app lock...?!

Battlecreed5

Dec 31, 2016
Indore
Bro the ROM gave really good battery backup and camera is really good. Btw where is the option to launch dialpad at start of phone app.

anonymousadi

Dec 29, 2014
Calcutta
Concerned about dynamic gapps

In Redmi 1s anything except open gapps Pico gives error while flashing as bigger files can't be flashed.. are you sure dynamic gapps would work as the mini version is about 210 mb??

aniket.lamba

Jul 16, 2012
New Delhi
mr-tweaker.github.io

spacexgen

Jul 25, 2014
ROM is smooth, but USB charging is very slow, Can we have fast charge on USB, as right now no custom kernel is available for android 7.1.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

We only support Dynamic (Beans) GApps, reports on force closes with any other packages will be ignored.

Get CarbonROM
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Device source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

If you like my work,you can make a donation here -

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 1S

Contributors
    aniket.lamba
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: A custom recovery (TWRP preferrable),knowledge on how to flash zip files,a brain ofcourse!
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2017-08-17
    Last Updated 2017-08-17
    I don't think we will be getting stable oreo rom now. It has been a long time when the oreo build was started and still it is in the development stage. So, i think Android N will be last stable os for our little beast.
    Hats off to the developers who worked a lot to bring our device from android 4.3 to Android 7.1 (stable release only). Thanks a lot from all of us.
    Still, we cant say, anything can happen... we might get stable android P rom also!!
    Let's hope for the best!!
    Good luck developers!!

You'll get a Carbon oreo build for sure.I ran into some sepolicy errors yesterday so I'm fixing those at the moment.Not sure about the ETA but once it's compiled I'll upload it to my AFH.Gotta stay patient though! :D
    Thread Cleaned.
    Following the forum rules is one of the main elements to keep XDA as it supposed to be, We are here to help each other and these types of behaviors would not be tolerated next time.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.
    15. Keep threads / posts on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
    *General Forums - For news and announcements relating to your device.
    *Q&A Help & Troubleshooting Forums - For all question / request threads and posts. If there is no Q&A Help & Troubleshooting forum, use the General Forum of the relevant device
    *Accessories Forum - For posts related to accessories relevant to the device
    *Development Forums (ones with the word development in the title) - For Developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to kernels, bootloaders, ROMs, etc., as well as R&D development discussion threads designed with an end goal
    *Themes and Apps Forums - For the posting of Themes and / or Apps as well as announcements & discussions including modifications made to Themes and Apps.
    Logan, XDA Moderator
    Dev @aniket.lamba will you provide Oreo based Carbon ROM 6.1 build as you informed

Can we expect build in coming week ...
    Sorry for asking ETA :p
    I am very much interested / eager in getting hands on Carbon ROM 6.1 on Redmi 1s plz build one

Kind info it is just my perspective
    Before using the actual carbon ROM 6.1 we cannot just come into conclusion it is laggy ..:(

I'm using AICP 13.1 based Oreo it is comparatively good so

Waiting to get my hands on Carbon ROM 6.1
    Regards:fingers-crossed:

You are one of the last remaining Developers in custom ROM world keeping this 2014 beast alive :crying:
    Okay I'll compile a build soon.