[ROM][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM [WEEKLIES][November 20th]

Search This thread

frap129

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2013
yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Get CarbonROM
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM for the Nextbit Robin, ROM for the Nextbit Robin

Contributors
frap129
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-07-19
Last Updated 2017-12-03

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
How to install:

- basic rom install steps...
- download rom files (optional: gapps + root)
- boot into recovery of choice
- wipe data, cache, dalvik/art cache (data if from another rom)
- flash zips, reboot, feel the MOO

Current bugs:

- Notification light gets stuck on sometimes
- Any you may find

Last edited:

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
Oh man, who do we thank?

There are just so many roms out there that have been a part of the crafting of this project.
Big shout outs to AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, Pure Nexus, and all CarbonROM team members for the rom features.
Also thanks to Flash ROM and AOSPA for their changes that make the rom fly.
Thanks to all the donators who help keep servers running

mlboss

Mar 22, 2011
I've been running this ROM since I saw it pop on android file host (July 17th). So far everything works for me the only problem I face is the screen will randomly not turn on and I'm forced to reboot after 2min.

Reactions: frap129

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
Downloading and testing. Best of luck in your endeavour! Will report shortly
Thanks!

I've been running this ROM since I saw it pop on android file host (July 17th). So far everything works for me the only problem I face is the screen will randomly not turn on and I'm forced to reboot after 2min.
Could you try to get a log (both logcat and dmesg) next time it happens? Ive only had a Robin since about 4:30pm yesterday, so I haven't had that issue (yet)

valhallen.282

May 19, 2013
Bengaluru
Screen off lock up confirmed. Didn't get to dmesg/logcat. Haven't had access to a computer in days. I had to force reboot my device. Vol Down + Power. I haven't done in months now.

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
Screen off lock up confirmed. Didn't get to dmesg/logcat. Haven't had access to a computer in days. I had to force reboot my device. Vol Down + Power. I haven't done in months now.

Any possible ways for me to reproduce it? Every time I think I get the same issue, the screen turns on after a couple seconds

valhallen.282

May 19, 2013
Bengaluru
Any possible ways for me to reproduce it? Every time I think I get the same issue, the screen turns on after a couple seconds
I clean flashed the ROM and Beans GApps full; setup the FP and rebooted after about twenty minutes. Letting it sit there without logging in for a few minutes brings up the problem again

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
I clean flashed the ROM and Beans GApps full; setup the FP and rebooted after about twenty minutes. Letting it sit there without logging in for a few minutes brings up the problem again
Sounds like an issue with doze, I'll try to catch a log

EDIT: Seems like this may have been fixed. Will push another test build later

Last edited:

Qohor

Apr 19, 2017
Testing it for two days now and had one random reboot. Apart from that the rom runs really fast and stable. In fact the fastest and smoothest rom i have had so far :)

Reactions: frap129

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
Testing it for two days now and had one random reboot. Apart from that the rom runs really fast and stable. In fact the fastest and smoothest rom i have had so far :)
Any idea what caused the random reboot? What were you doing right before it happened? I want to see if I can trigger the reboot and log it.

DECHTECH

Jun 19, 2016
Adelaide
fraycraft.ga
Wow first of all this rom is FAST, I don't know what you did but the performance is crazy. I've flashed the ROM, open gapps stock, flashed magisk and all seems stable. The only bug I've encountered is sometimes when the screen is being turned on after locking the device you'll see a static black and white screen just before the screen displays what it's supposed to. This issue was on LOS and LOS based roms and AFAIK is now fixed (I had RR flashed just last week and didn't have the issue). I'll report anything else if I find anything.

I really love CarbonROM and hope to see more improvements in the future! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Qohor

Apr 19, 2017
I also have the problem with the static screen. I had this problem on every rom except omni and paranoid. It still happens on the latest official LOS.

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
Wow first of all this rom is FAST, I don't know what you did but the performance is crazy. I've flashed the ROM, open gapps stock, flashed magisk and all seems stable. The only bug I've encountered is sometimes when the screen is being turned on after locking the device you'll see a static black and white screen just before the screen displays what it's supposed to. This issue was on LOS and LOS based roms and AFAIK is now fixed (I had RR flashed just last week and didn't have the issue). I'll report anything else if I find anything.

I really love CarbonROM and hope to see more improvements in the future! Keep up the good work!
I pray to satan that the rom stays fast every 3 hours. Normally does the trick :silly:

I also have the problem with the static screen. I had this problem on every rom except omni and paranoid. It still happens on the latest official LOS.
It's most likely an issue waking from doze, i'll see if I can find a possible fix in the omni tree

Reactions: DECHTECH

Qohor

Apr 19, 2017
I pray to satan that the rom stays fast every 3 hours. Normally does the trick :silly:

It's most likely an issue waking from doze, i'll see if I can find a possible fix in the omni tree

If Satan could also fix GPS the rom would be definitely my daily one :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know y'all hate teasers, so heres one :p
    yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Get CarbonROM
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM for the Nextbit Robin, ROM for the Nextbit Robin

Contributors
    frap129
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-07-19
    Last Updated 2017-12-03
    Sorry for dipping on this thread for a bit, had a lot going on with school and work and other devices. My previous attempts to port O failed, but I'm giving it another shot and starting from scratch. While I don't expect anything to be working soon, I'll throw an alpha build up as soon as its semi-working.

EDIT: O now gets to the bootanimation, which is farther than my last attempt.
    Emergency update! With all the publicity surrounding the blueborne exploit, we've decided to forego our standard weekly structure and release builds as soon as the blueborne fix is added to their kernels. Please download the new build ASAP to protect yourself. We have also finalized and added our OTA Update system, so you will now be able to receive updates for new builds and security patches as soon as they're available.

Get CarbonROM
    Carbon Headers
    Huuuuge updates

The latest build of Carbon contains full EAS support via the Vox Populi power HAL courtesy of @joshuous and my port of EAS to the kernel (based on Googles bullhead tree with some upstreaming from op3 thanks to @RenderBroken).
    What EAS is:
    Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) is an enhancement to Linux power management, unifying CPU power control under the Linux kernel. EAS extends the Linux kernel scheduler to make it fully aware of the power/performance capabilities of the CPUs in the system, to optimize energy consumption for advanced multi-core SoCs including big.LITTLE. With EAS, the Linux kernel will use the task load and a CPU ‘Energy Model’ to control task placement to select the optimal CPU to run on.
    tl;dr: EAS chooses CPU frequencies based on power consumption and scheduler input rather than estimated CPU Load, resulting in better battery life.

From my own testing (kernel part the last 2 days, ROM part the last few hours) this is completely stable and results in lower idle drain as well as lower temperatures.

I hope you all enjoy it. Please report back on stability, battery life, and performance.

Get CarbonROM
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone