[ROM][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - SM-T805

Search This thread

gellmar

Apr 10, 2013

LineageOS 14.1
320px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Disclaimer
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Installation
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time ever:

1. MAKE THE BACKUP OF ALL YOUR DATA!
2. UPDATE THE TABLET TO LATEST MARSHMALLOW ROM VIA ODIN!

Generic installation procedure:

2. DOWNLOAD THE ZIP(S)
3. INSTALL A COMPATIBLE RECOVERY
4. WIPE YOUR DATA (FACTORY RESET)
5. FLASH LINEAGEOS
6. FLASH THE GOOGLE APPS PACKAGE (OPTIONAL)
7. REBOOT

NOTE: To have seamless OTA updates, it is REQUIRED to flash TWRP 3.2.3-1 or newer (build date 25.10.2018 or newer)!

One-time migration to official builds without losing your data:

1. DOWNLOAD MIGRATION SCRIPT
2. BOOT RECOVERY AND UNLOCK YOUR DATA PARTITION IF IT IS ENCRYPTED
3. FLASH THE MIGRATION SCRIPT
4. FLASH THE OFFICIAL ROM
5. WIPE DALVIK AND CACHE
6. REBOOT

NOTE: If modem and RIL stops working after migration, then it is MANDATORY TO FLASH THE LATEST MARSHMALLOW STOCK ROM VIA ODIN and perform a clean installation of LineageOS!

Going back to unofficial builds without losing your data (if necessary):

0. DOWNLOAD MIGRATION SCRIPT
1. BOOT INTO RECOVERY, UNLOCK THE DATA PARTITION IF IT ENCRYPTED AND ATTACH USB CABLE
2. PUSH THE MIGRATION SCRIPT TO THE TABLET:

Code:
adb push migration.sh /migration.sh
3. OPEN ADB SHELL ON PC AND PERFORM THE MIGRATION:
Code:
chmod +x /migration.sh
sh /migration.sh unofficial
4. FLASH THE UNOFFICIAL ROM
5. WIPE DALVIK AND CACHE
6. REBOOT

Downloads / Changelogs
ROM
su addon
Google Apps (GApps)

Changelogs (Mirror)
Changelogs (Official)

Credits
Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
LineageOS Project
Team Exynos5420
@Barracuda77777, @UpInTheAir, @crpalmer
@eousphoros, @nvertigo67, @Nexorrr
and all the supporters, testers and advisors

Last edited:

gellmar

Apr 10, 2013

Bugs
Messenger app calls using BT headset have no sound
Voice call using the built-in mic have an unsuppressed echo
HDMI audio is played on internal speakers
Widevine DRM security level is L3

Bug Reporting
Other issues?
Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
Logs! You can use this: SysLog

Source Code and Development
Kernel
Device Tree

LineageOS Code Review
LineageOS Bug Tracker
LineageOS Jenkins Server

Last edited:

Crazy_Fox

May 7, 2008
Woo-hoo, congratulations!!! Finally T805 is official [emoji41]

Надіслано від мого SM-G965F, використовуючи Tapatalk

Reactions: gellmar

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
Those who already have installed the unofficial version - can they now simply use internal upgrade functionality to get on the official one?

gellmar

Apr 10, 2013
Do we need to root the t805?

Thanks

Do you mean rooting the stock firmware before flashing TWRP? No, not needed as zip will overwrite BOOT (kernel + ramdisk) and SYSTEM and CACHE and DATA will be wiped on factory reset.

If you meant not this but "should we flash addonsu after LineageOS", I'd say it is up to you, but I prefer having root access for DriveDroid and other root-only apps. If you need to pass SafetyNet, you can always turn it off in Developer settings.

J4G3D

Nov 22, 2009
Do you mean rooting the stock firmware before flashing TWRP? No, not needed as zip will overwrite BOOT (kernel + ramdisk) and SYSTEM and CACHE and DATA will be wiped on factory reset.

If you meant not this but "should we flash addonsu after LineageOS", I'd say it is up to you, but I prefer having root access for DriveDroid and other root-only apps. If you need to pass SafetyNet, you can always turn it off in Developer settings.

Thanks, I managed to flash it perfectly. Well the first time i had a error in TWRP. But I then tried again, this time erasing all internal data and it flashed fine.

Where I am stuck now is gApps. I get error 20 and ive tried various "fixes" in terms of install procedures found on xda.

What check boxes should we pick in the gapps site you've linked us to?

Any tips/advice?

Last edited:

gellmar

Apr 10, 2013
Thanks, I managed to flash it perfectly. Well the first time i had a error in TWRP. But I then tried again, this time erasing all internal data and it flashed fine.

Where I am stuck now is gApps. I get error 20 and ive tried various "fixes" in terms of install procedures found on xda.

Any tips/advice?

Last time I checked with OpenGapps arm - 7.1 - pico it flashed fine right after LineageOS and addonsu. Try rebooting again into recovery and installing gapps I mentioned and factory reset again.

Reactions: J4G3D

J4G3D

Nov 22, 2009
Last time I checked with OpenGapps arm - 7.1 - pico it flashed fine right after LineageOS and addonsu. Try rebooting again into recovery and installing gapps I mentioned and factory reset again.

Arm or arm64?

edit: sorry just saw you said arm.

All installed now.

I was about to sell this tablet, due to lack of updates. But stumbling across XDA has no doubt forced me to keep this tablet, which I think is still a top tablet.

Anyway, ll seems good so far, many thanks for the hard work!

Last edited:

MannyMania

Sep 15, 2007
Arm or arm64?

edit: sorry just saw you said arm.

All installed now.

I was about to sell this tablet, due to lack of updates. But stumbling across XDA has no doubt forced me to keep this tablet, which I think is still a top tablet.

Anyway, ll seems good so far, many thanks for the hard work!

Hey J4G3D, I've got a T805 my kids use mostly for Netflix, or I put movies on it when we go on road trips. I'm gonna try this out!! I didn't see any detailed instructions in the first post so did you selected arm, 7.1 and Stock for the google apps?

Thanks.

J4G3D

Nov 22, 2009
Hey J4G3D, I've got a T805 my kids use mostly for Netflix, or I put movies on it when we go on road trips. I'm gonna try this out!! I didn't see any detailed instructions in the first post so did you selected arm, 7.1 and Stock for the google apps?

Thanks.

Hi

I rooted my device, just because it seemed simple to do so. Here:

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/root...10-5-lte-sm-t805-one-click-cf-auto-root-tool/

-Then I loaded custom recovery.
-Backed up anything I needed backing up
-Put the rom file, gApps (arm, 7.1, pico) onto a sd card

1. Boot into Recovery Mode (TWRP)
2. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
3. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
4. Back to Main start screen,
5. Wipe > Format Data,
6. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
7. Go Back to Main Start Screen to -VERY IMPORTANT---> Install Rom and GApps,
8. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe
9. Reboot System

Job done.

Battery life appears to be much, much more stable now too. Apps also appear to be more stable, sky news used to crash every time I used it, at least once. Now it doesn't

Only bug i can see so far are the weather app not showing as a widget on the main screen under the clock. All is set and the recommended weather widget downloaded, but the weather just don't seem to appear. Also when having a pin on the lock screen, its only unlock-able via landscape mode and not portrait mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shehab

gellmar

Apr 10, 2013
Only bug i can see so far are the weather app not showing as a widget on the main screen under the clock. All is set and the recommended weather widget downloaded, but the weather just don't seem to appear. Also when having a pin on the lock screen, its only unlock-able via landscape mode and not portrait mode.

I have a perfectly working weather setup (including lockscreen weather) using OpenWeatherMap provider:

0. Remove all other weather providers, if downloaded
1. Install the OpenWeatherMap provider from LineageOS Extras
2. On the main screen, long-tap to have widget panel appear, then press "Widgets".
3. Add cLock widgetby long-tapping it to position on Main screen.
4. Under cLock widget settings open, select OpenWeatherMap as weather source on Weather tab and press a gear to enter website API key. When a permission dialog for GPS pops up, enable High Accuracy mode (that's esssential!)
5. Press OK everywhere to apply settings (dont use back button!)
6. Go to Settings - Security - Lock Screen and tap the gear to see Lockscreen Options. Tick the "Show weather on lockscreen" mark.
7. Let it load the weather and enjoy the notification in lockscreen.

Once you remove the cLock widget off main screen, the lockscreen weather will disappear.

Lockscreen rotation is enabled in Settings - Screen - Screen Rotation - Enable lockscreen rotation.

Reactions: Maheshwara

Dr_Long

Aug 30, 2018
Hello! Thanks for your work! Excellent firmware! The tablet is back in service!
For information the received messages are not displayed on the application icons only in the status bar.

MannyMania

Sep 15, 2007
Hi

I rooted my device, just because it seemed simple to do so. Here:

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/root...10-5-lte-sm-t805-one-click-cf-auto-root-tool/

-Then I loaded custom recovery.
-Backed up anything I needed backing up
-Put the rom file, gApps (arm, 7.1, pico) onto a sd card

1. Boot into Recovery Mode (TWRP)
2. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
3. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
4. Back to Main start screen,
5. Wipe > Format Data,
6. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
7. Go Back to Main Start Screen to -VERY IMPORTANT---> Install Rom and GApps,
8. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe
9. Reboot System

Job done.

Battery life appears to be much, much more stable now too. Apps also appear to be more stable, sky news used to crash every time I used it, at least once. Now it doesn't

Hey J4G3D, I had no luck. My Tablet however is an SM-T805W. It's a Canadian LTE tablet with Rogers as the carrier. I've been doing some reading and it doesn't look to good for my device. Haven't given up yet so the quest goes on!! Thanks for the instructions though!!

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LineageOS 14.1
    320px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Disclaimer
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

Installation
    If you are installing custom ROM for the first time ever:

2. UPDATE THE TABLET TO LATEST MARSHMALLOW ROM VIA ODIN!

Generic installation procedure:

2. DOWNLOAD THE ZIP(S)
    3. INSTALL A COMPATIBLE RECOVERY
    4. WIPE YOUR DATA (FACTORY RESET)
    5. FLASH LINEAGEOS
    6. FLASH THE GOOGLE APPS PACKAGE (OPTIONAL)
    7. REBOOT

NOTE: To have seamless OTA updates, it is REQUIRED to flash TWRP 3.2.3-1 or newer (build date 25.10.2018 or newer)!

One-time migration to official builds without losing your data:

1. DOWNLOAD MIGRATION SCRIPT
    2. BOOT RECOVERY AND UNLOCK YOUR DATA PARTITION IF IT IS ENCRYPTED
    3. FLASH THE MIGRATION SCRIPT
    4. FLASH THE OFFICIAL ROM
    5. WIPE DALVIK AND CACHE
    6. REBOOT

NOTE: If modem and RIL stops working after migration, then it is MANDATORY TO FLASH THE LATEST MARSHMALLOW STOCK ROM VIA ODIN and perform a clean installation of LineageOS!

Going back to unofficial builds without losing your data (if necessary):

0. DOWNLOAD MIGRATION SCRIPT
    1. BOOT INTO RECOVERY, UNLOCK THE DATA PARTITION IF IT ENCRYPTED AND ATTACH USB CABLE
    2. PUSH THE MIGRATION SCRIPT TO THE TABLET:

Code:
    adb push migration.sh /migration.sh
    3. OPEN ADB SHELL ON PC AND PERFORM THE MIGRATION:
    Code:
    chmod +x /migration.sh
    sh /migration.sh unofficial
    4. FLASH THE UNOFFICIAL ROM
    5. WIPE DALVIK AND CACHE
    6. REBOOT

Downloads / Changelogs
    ROM
    su addon
    Google Apps (GApps)

Changelogs (Mirror)
    Changelogs (Official)

Credits
    Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
    LineageOS Project
    Team Exynos5420
    @Barracuda77777, @UpInTheAir, @crpalmer
    @eousphoros, @nvertigo67, @Nexorrr
    and all the supporters, testers and advisors

Bugs
    Messenger app calls using BT headset have no sound
    Voice call using the built-in mic have an unsuppressed echo
    HDMI audio is played on internal speakers
    Widevine DRM security level is L3

Bug Reporting
    Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    Logs! You can use this: SysLog

Source Code and Development
    Kernel
    Device Tree

LineageOS Code Review
    LineageOS Bug Tracker
    LineageOS Jenkins Server

For those willing to continue using builds from official LineageOS sources (without Deathly additions!), here is the latest ROMS for ALL supported models: https://mega.nz/#F!WzIQwQ6Z!jStz42chfWtQ_Hm_X0JFAg

These builds can be flashed DIRTY over Exynos5420 builds - all data will be saved!
    Migrating from official LineageOS builds (built and signed by LineageOS themselves!) requires the migration I described here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-sm-t805-t3844415 (paragraph Going back to unofficial builds without losing your data (if necessary):)

If there is a stable demand for it, I will convince the team to provide "official" builds on weekly basis on par with "deathly" ones.
    I am a little confused, even the builds in that "official" tree on Mega are labeled as unofficial. So what's the difference between those and Exynos'?
    Also, is the migration script only needed coming from Exynos' to official, not the other way around?

The official vs unofficial might be confusing at a first glance but in fact it is pretty easy.

There are following types of LineageOS builds:

1. Official LineageOS builds - these builds you download from https://download.lineageos.org They are built on LineageOS buildservers from repositories available solely on https://github.com/LineageOS and https://android.googlesource.com, signed by LineageOS private key and officially supported by the project.

The LineageOS official builds are (expected to be) the most reputable and stable builds.

The fact that the builds are signed by LineageOS key requires migration scripts to be run on ANY unofficial build if transitioning to LineageOS official build. If you migrate back to ANY unofficial build from official LineageOS build, you need to run the migration script to rewrite keys in your /data partition.

2. Unofficial builds - builds created from the same sources as official LineageOS builds (https://github.com/LineageOS and https://android.googlesource.com) but built by maintainers or users themselves and signed with testing keys (aka test-keys).

Both my builds linked and Exynos5420 builds are private builds. That means that if you go to /r/LineageOS with question related to Exynos5420 or my build, you will get no support.

Now the differences. Exynos5420 takes majority of LineageOS source repositories, but ships the heavily-modded Deathly kernel and LineageOMS patchset for Substratum. Kernel patches used by Exynos5420 are known to make crashes like reboots or freezes. I spent a lot of time trying tofix the crashes but finally @deadman96385 prepared a vanilla kernel for LineageOS official builds.

My build is based on pure LineageOS sources (just like an official build!) but i dont have access to LineageOS key so my build is signed with the same key as Exynos5420 builds. That means you DO NOT HAVE to run migration script if you are flashing my build on top of Exynos5420 build, but you DO HAVE to run migration script if you are flashing Exynos5420 build or my build on top of LineageOS official build.

Is my explanation clear?
    did u find the proper TWRP for your device? since our Tablet can be considered old device, new version of TWRP is not compatible since its for Android 9 above.

1. go to www.twrp.me
    2.on the upper right side, choose "Device", choose Samsung and find your Tablet model. or if you are on PC, on the page type Ctrl+F and find the model. mine is Challgate,
    3. OR you can just follow this instruction

Good luck

Thanks. Yes I installed newest twrp 3.5.1_9-0.
    Working perfect:)