• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROM][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

dvorjan

Jan 28, 2017
I have been using these ROMs since December and I have to congratulate Electry and others for such a great job.
Though the recent build (22-03-2017) is proving to be a step in the wrong direction. My WiFi is dropping constantly (I even changed the router password afterwards and it still misbehaves), have about 2 or 3 random resets per day ... Sometimes the screen simply freezes on white or black color! Battery drain is normal though. Hope the next one will fix these issues.

Or do you think I should reinstall the update? Can I revert back to 15-03-2017 build without wiping data?

leecs

Jan 6, 2007
I have been using these ROMs since December and I have to congratulate Electry and others for such a great job.
Though the recent build (22-03-2017) is proving to be a step in the wrong direction. My WiFi is dropping constantly (I even changed the router password afterwards and it still misbehaves), have about 2 or 3 random resets per day ... Sometimes the screen simply freezes on white or black color! Battery drain is normal though. Hope the next one will fix these issues.

Or do you think I should reinstall the update? Can I revert back to 15-03-2017 build without wiping data?
2-3 reset a day? or reboot?
I do not have other issue like you but I do encountered WIFI issue BUT Not Sure if the new Wifi extender added to 3 home plugs at home that confused the phone..

cyprien T

Jul 8, 2016
With the last update no issue. Only one automatic reboot and the phone blocked on lineage animation.
Hard reboot and reboot ok.

My phone works perfectly for me.

dvorjan

Jan 28, 2017
I am sticking with ext4. K920 ROW device here.
The most pressing issue is the WiFi one. Keeps droping (and not reconecting!!) to "n" or "ac" WLAN. =(

leecs

Jan 6, 2007
I am sticking with ext4. K920 ROW device here.
The most pressing issue is the WiFi one. Keeps droping (and not reconecting!!) to "n" or "ac" WLAN. =(
Does the latest update 29th March copy fixed the issue?

my WiFi issue seem like happened to other phones/computer at home too hence probably caused by the new WiFi extender

user700512

Sep 24, 2013
Sofia
www.twe.bg
I've got the same OTA update phenomenon as with the 22.03.2017 nightly.:confused:
(ROW, TWRP 3.1.0-0, f2fs on /data and /cache).
The update was successful, no other issues related to it.:highfive:
I hope power management to be back to reasonable with this update - the previous (15.03.2017) for me was the worst ever since the 25.12.2016 CM14.1 nightly.

dvorjan

Jan 28, 2017
I decided to redo the WiFi setup altogether. Deleted all the setting on the WLAN router side and made new SSID this time with "AC only" properties. The phone works okay so far with 29-03-2017 build, it picks up the network in a matter of seconds. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: leecs

seekator

Apr 5, 2010
It probably doesn't. Looks like HCE is right now broken on bacon (Oneplus One), klte (Galaxy S5) and most likely every device that uses pn547 chip. There is an interesting patch in review regarding this issue. In the mean time, you can try using patched libnfc_nci_jni.so for bacon, but I can't promise that it will help.

EDIT: NFC works. Only host card emulation doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Ok I tested patch lik: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71025490&postcount=295 is flashable via twrp and now I'm able to pay with my phone ! NFC HCE works ! Flashing after every update is required. So far so good! Virtual master card works on mobile card terminals , so I'm able to pay for my breakfast with my phone. :D Its easy ! I have only to unlock the screen. In the future I will test on virtual visa card, it should be more compatible . On 22.03 I've seen some patches for NFC but without flashing with this patch id didn't worked at all.
For the future it would be nice to add this patch to lineos :fingers-crossed:

user700512

Sep 24, 2013
Sofia
www.twe.bg
For all CM/LA builds I've used until now, I see a strange loss of cell coverage for short periods without a reason (I see a sudden blank cell icon and "Emergency only" shown underneath). It happens from time to time, most significantly when turning WiFi or Bluetooth on or off. Sometimes I cannot dial out. Sometimes within a call I hear intermittently, and so does the other party (it happens in areas with constantly very strong signal - at home and at office - where I didn't have any issues with any of the stock builds or with any other phone). I just want to know if I can do something, especially about the signal outages and the call disturbances.

Also, since the 25.12.2016 CM14.1 build, while charging I get LED offs for like 1/2 second then on for quite a while. It happens always (checked not to be related to a faulty cable or charger). Should I worry about my battery being harmed?

No complaints at all - neither of these issues is a big deal for me. I've been quite happy with all Electry's LA builds!:good:

Reactions: cyprien T

lockhrt999

Nov 25, 2014
India
I rolled back to 22ndMarch edition as I found phone lag and not that responsive on 29thMarch edition
Guys, if you notice lag, it might mean the phone is running on power saving battery profile even though it says balanced. Just switch the profiles, reapply the balanced profile and lag will go away.

Is it Android 8 or Android 7.1.1.0.5 ? They have barely added any features and they also moved some stuff around.

For all CM/LA builds I've used until now, I see a strange loss of cell coverage for short periods without a reason (I see a sudden blank cell icon and "Emergency only" shown underneath). It happens from time to time, most significantly when turning WiFi or Bluetooth on or off. Sometimes I cannot dial out. Sometimes within a call I hear intermittently, and so does the other party (it happens in areas with constantly very strong signal - at home and at office - where I didn't have any issues with any of the stock builds or with any other phone). I just want to know if I can do something, especially about the signal outages and the call disturbances.
This is strange because I usually get higher range with LA/CM. I always used to get only 50% range on the second sim with stock ROM (though the network range used to get boosted up once I make a call).
There is also another thing I'd like to mention. My second SIM network actually has different networks (bands, towers ets) for 2G and 4G. If I put it in LTE mode, I get very bad range that's because their LTE service is very patchy but if I keep it 2G, I get full range everywhere. In my case the fault totally lies with the network.

leecs

Jan 6, 2007
I installed the last update. What is this strange boot animation? :):confused:
haha I noticed that too.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Guys, if you notice lag, it might mean the phone is running on power saving battery profile even though it says balanced. Just switch the profiles, reapply the balanced profile and lag will go away.

Thanks! will check on this if it happened again :)