ASUS ROG Phone 3

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
*/

Lineage-OS-3.png

This is LineageOS 14.1 for w7.
What's working :

• Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Camera

What's not working :
  • You tell me

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe the system, data, cache, and dalvik cache
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Credits :
  • Quarx
  • GrinningFerret
  • mosimchah (me)
  • SlimShady's
  • mobiusm
  • neverdies
  • LineageOS Team

Maintainers
mobiusm
neverdies
mosimchah
GrinningFerret

Contributors
mobiusm
neverdies
mosimchah
GrinningFerret
SlimShady's

XDA:DevDB Information
Official LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the LG Optimus L90

Contributors
mosimchah, mobiusm, neverdies
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8226/tree/cm-14.1

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CAF

Version Information
Current Stable Version: cm-14.1
Stable Release Date: 1969-12-31

Created 2017-09-14
Last Updated 2017-09-14

Last edited:

mosimchah

Dec 7, 2014
LeEco Le Pro3
ASUS ROG Phone 3
FAQ:]
Before using the ROM:
Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
A. Yes, the next official release will be on Friday

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports while using it as Xposed can cause a lot of bugs.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
A. Xposed is not yet available for nougat, however when it is ready you will need to use the version arm sdk 25.

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the install instructions in the first post..

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. Yes, however make a nandroid first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs, also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
A. Wipe the system, cache, and dalvik cache, flash the ROM, gapps, and reboot.

Using the ROM:
Q. How do I enable software buttons?
A. add this line to the build.prop:
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Q I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
A In TWRP, flash the substratum legacy rescue zip in the substratum folder in the internal storage.

Q. Do I need to provide a log if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a log.

Q. How do I get a logcat, and what type should I get, and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Last edited:

Tejas tedi

Feb 22, 2014
Bangalore
Amazon Fire TV
Xiaomi Mi Pad
the partition table working on lineage os 14.1?
No The partition Dosent work on roms from cm13
Because the system image size in custom roms are set to 2gb that is stock partition layout
So if u want to use partition table means you should repartition the system img to your desired size...
So here is a guide to do that(there is a DOC with guide): https://goo.gl/aJONtP

Reactions: Nivelxe and zzzozzz

bielz99x

Jun 18, 2015
testei a correção do sensor de proximidade e realmente resolveu o prblema! parabens.
O meu não funcionnou tive que instalar um patch:p

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Because the system image size in custom roms are set to 2gb that is stock partition layout
So if u want to use partition table means you should repartition the system img to your desired size...

Hyoretsu

Jan 12, 2016
Made a backup, repartitioned and restored the backup, but I didn't get the extra storage. Also followed that guide, but didn't get the extra storage either.

Last edited:

kowu

Nov 14, 2015
Guys I just wanted to say thank you for such a great work. In previous, unofficial version 7.1.1 I got problems with wifi hotspot, here everything it's all right! :) There is still no reason to change L90 to any new phone.

dileivi24

Feb 23, 2017
moca
Hello, in the build today I found a bug and is that the automatic brightness after you activate it can no longer be disabled. I searched for the form and I do not find it, I do not even like it. Is there any way to disable it? And how to remove that ugly panel icon? Sorry for my english

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170428-154651.png
    Screenshot_20170428-154651.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 2,109
Reactions: monster1612

Tejas tedi

Feb 22, 2014
Bangalore
Amazon Fire TV
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Hello, in the build today I found a bug and is that the automatic brightness after you activate it can no longer be disabled. I searched for the form and I do not find it, I do not even like it. Is there any way to disable it? And how to remove that ugly panel icon? Sorry for my english
There is no auto brightness sensor(HW) in our device but also they have included it, I think they should revert it

You can see the change here: https://download.lineageos.org/w7/changes/1493386002/

CHANGE- "SystemUI: Use AOSP AutoBrightness implementation"

Sent from my LG-D410 using Tapatalk

monster1612

Apr 21, 2014
Amazon Fire TV
What a crap, put something that does not work. Is there any way to disable it?:mad:
Yes, actually. I looked around on the Play Store this afternoon (having been annoyed by that bug as well), and this app called Auto Brightness Switch (it's the first result if you search for it) works well. There's a permission you have to grant it when you first launch it, but then it flawlessly toggles the brightness setting. It's amazing. :D

Last edited:

dileivi24

Feb 23, 2017
moca
Hi, I discovered that modifying the value 250 in the file system / usr / keylayout / generic.kl can be assigned to the quick button (the button that is above the volume keys) that there will be some option or application, because they do not add An option to configure that button? I thought that button on ROMS that were not from LG does not work. sorry for my English :confused:

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Yes, actually. I looked around on the Play Store this afternoon (having been annoyed by that bug as well), and this app called Auto Brightness Switch (it's the first result if you search for it) works well. There's a permission you have to grant it when you first launch it, but then it flawlessly toggles the brightness setting. It's amazing. :D
Ok, thank you very much, but I think you should remove that option and that ugly button on the panel

Hyoretsu

Jan 12, 2016
How can I use the Partitioner with it? Already tried the backup and restore method and the resizing system.img method, but none worked.

F. Gacrux

Sep 19, 2011
How can I use the Partitioner with it? Already tried the backup and restore method and the resizing system.img method, but none worked.

Repartition and resizing system image works only up to CM13.1 or stock Marshmallow roms.

make_ext4fs binaries weren't updated for Nougat new file_contexts format adopted by Google in 7.0 as far as I know, at least since I stopped to care about L90.

Maybe if we have a 100% working ROM with all sensors fixed like CM13.1 used to be, without the new brightness issue that surfaced and etc I return to this matter and update the tutorial. Since LineageOS do not use the "optimized boot" from CM13.1 that bloated the system image with at least +350MB, I believe L90 have potential to a even greater userdata partition with at least >6GB. For a phone with only 8GB on board, every MB matter.

Last edited:

Tejas tedi

Feb 22, 2014
Bangalore
Amazon Fire TV
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Repartition and resizing system image works only up to CM13.1 or stock Marshmallow roms.

make_ext4fs binaries weren't updated for Nougat new file_contexts format adopted by Google in 7.0 as far as I know, at least since I stopped to care about L90.

Maybe if we have a 100% working ROM with all sensors fixed like CM13.1 used to be, without the new brightness issue that surfaced and etc I return to this matter and update the tutorial. Since LineageOS do not use the "optimized boot" from CM13.1 that bloated the system image with at least +350MB, I believe L90 have potential to a even greater userdata partition with at least >6GB. For a phone with only 8GB on board, every MB matter.
No bro the guide I posted is updated and its booting fine for me with 6gb internal..
We have to just convert the bin file to txt file for repacking that's it..
See Here:
Screenshot_20170418-135815.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts