[ROM][7.1.2][OFFICIAL][WT88047] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

nadimhd

Sep 25, 2017
Hey, so i'm using lineage 14.1 and i wonder how do you calibrate the gyro and accelometer. The calibration apps aren't working. So the xiaomi redmi 2 on stock rom has some recovery before the actual recovery where you can test and calibrate, go into recovery and fastboot etc... Is there any calibration method in Lineage 14.1? Is there any other way to access the "recovery before the actual recovery"?(Before the rom it was power+volume up)
Thanks in advance!
Enable developer options. You will find an option there called "Advanced restart". Turn it on.

TheUNkilled

Aug 11, 2018
New heating issue?

So I'm using the ROM as a daily driver, so far it's been very nice. Only since yesterday it has started to heat up very much while using some apps like google chrome. This was not happening before. Does anyone know any fixes?BTW I'm on Lineage 14.1-20171125-NIGHTLY, so do i need to update to a version mentioned above?

P.S. Is there any way to calibrate accelometer and gyro from the phone directly? Or is there a method in the newer version?
Thanks!

Mr. Meeseeks

Feb 21, 2017
Hey, so i'm using lineage 14.1 and i wonder how do you calibrate the gyro and accelometer. The calibration apps aren't working. So the xiaomi redmi 2 on stock rom has some recovery before the actual recovery where you can test and calibrate, go into recovery and fastboot etc... Is there any calibration method in Lineage 14.1? Is there any other way to access the "recovery before the actual recovery"?(Before the rom it was power+volume up)
Thanks in advance!
As far as I know, there is no "recovery before the actual recovery" as with MiUI. I'm almost certain that there is no way to calibrate these sensors. The driver has some kind of internal calibration routine that can even be triggered externally by writing to certain sysfs entries, but it's obviously not working correctly. The only way would be to fix the driver.

I built the ROM from the most recent official sources (security patch level 2018-12-05):

Also, I fixed the annoying bug that the screen would sometimes stay off during phone calls. This fix is not included in the ROM file above. You need to flash (via recovery, e. g. TWRP) the boot.img inside the *.zip file below to make use of it.
You can find the source of this fix here on GitHub.
These are the official LineageOS-14.1 sources with only one change to the proximity sensor driver.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

xander21

Feb 18, 2011
Gdansk
As far as I know, there is no "recovery before the actual recovery" as with MiUI. I'm almost certain that there is no way to calibrate these sensors. The driver has some kind of internal calibration routine that can even be triggered externally by writing to certain sysfs entries, but it's obviously not working correctly. The only way would be to fix the driver.

I built the ROM from the most recent official sources (security patch level 2018-12-05):

Also, I fixed the annoying bug that the screen would sometimes stay off during phone calls. This fix is not included in the ROM file above. You need to flash (via recovery, e. g. TWRP) the boot.img inside the *.zip file below to make use of it.
You can find the source of this fix here on GitHub.
These are the official LineageOS-14.1 sources with only one change to the proximity sensor driver.

Merry Christmas!

Tkanks but 10px screen shift bug is there build :(

husen96

Apr 30, 2015
This made me wonder, because I thought that no changes have been made to the kernel tree since my last build. But indeed there is one single change, which I suspect is the cause of this. Would you please try this new boot.img?

Wow thanks for provide security update and screen shifted issue fixed by this boot.img

If you dont mind can you provide the security update every 2 or 3 month?

Mr. Meeseeks

Feb 21, 2017
Here is a new build (security patch level 2019-02-05):

The first version is build from the official sources, but includes some additional changes to the kernel (source):
  • Fixed: Sometimes during phone calls the screen will stay off due to the proximity sensor getting stuck (rewrote parts of the sensor driver).
  • Fixed: Screen shift bug (cherry-picked from LineageOS 15.1).
  • Fixed: Sometimes the device will not go to sleep when the battery is low (~15%), causing the battery to drain very quickly (restored some lines of code that were present in the original charger driver).
lineage-14.1-20190225-UNOFFICIAL-wt88047_fixes.zip

The second version is purely build from the official sources:
lineage-14.1-20190222-UNOFFICIAL-wt88047.zip

If you dont mind can you provide the security update every 2 or 3 month?
Whenever I build it for myself I'll publish it here as well. I will make no promises though.

Last edited:

tearex

May 15, 2017
Rovenky
Here is a new build (security patch level 2019-02-05):

The first version is build from the official sources, but includes some additional changes to the kernel (source):
  • Fixed: Sometimes during phone calls the screen will stay off due to the proximity sensor getting stuck (rewrote parts of the sensor driver).
  • Fixed: Screen shift bug (cherry-picked from LineageOS 15.1).
  • Fixed: Sometimes the device will not go to sleep when the battery is low (~15%), causing the battery to drain very quickly (restored some lines of code that were present in the original charger driver).
lineage-14.1-20190225-UNOFFICIAL-wt88047_fixes.zip

The second version is purely build from the official sources:
lineage-14.1-20190222-UNOFFICIAL-wt88047.zip

Whenever I build it for myself I'll publish it here as well. I will make no promises though.

Testers says that launching camera provoke reboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0rrLJBA.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 14.1 opensource builds for Wingtech WT88047, marketed as Redmi 2 by Xiaomi (but I'm not sure this company really exist). The following will not be supported in this thread:
    • Custom Kernels
    • Mods
    • Modified system files
    • Xposed

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • voLTE

What's not working :

• Use VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER button to enter recovery mode

Instructions :

• Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Official Weekly Builds:
    https://download.lineageos.org/wt88047

TWRP:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3611503

Open GApps ARM - 7.1.2 - Nano:
    http://opengapps.org/

I would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Credits :

@banmeifyouwant: For his initial kernel source
    @ketut.kumajaya: For his major contributions to Wingtech (OSS Xiaomi)
    @zwliew: Initial device tree reference, contributions for OSS kernel
    @premaca: "Me: HAALP!" He answered me
    LineageOS Team
    CyanogenMod Team
    Xiaomi: For MAYBE providing the not so useful Kernel Source Code after 1 whole year of waiting

Donations :

Bitcoin addresses:

Paypal:

Source Code :

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][WT88047] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 2

Contributors
    nicknitewolf, premaca, ketut.kumajaya
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: LP Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-12-31
    Last Updated 2017-09-23
    Supported Firmware:

Downloads:

wt88047: https://goo.gl/FNbbMP
    wt86047: https://goo.gl/YHufVo

Note:
    It is the firmware LineageOS supports and all users are expected to be on this very firmware. So it's mandatory that you flash this firmware via TWRP if you're newly installing Lineage.
    You don't need to reflash this everytime you update you LineageOS build.

To add on:
    There seems to be some confusion with this post in general. If you are coming from a stock MIUI Lollipop build, it is highly unlikely that you would need to update your firmware with the one above since Xiaomi hardly updates its firmware on older devices. Otherwise, if you are not sure what firmware you currently have, I urge you to flash the firmware linked above.

Why should I even flash this firmware?
    The simple answer is that this firmware is known working with LineageOS builds and I am currently running it. Running other versions of the firmware (Like the Kitkat firmware) may warrant unheard of bugs and / or bugs that have been squashed long ago.

When should I flash this firmware?
    This firmware should only be flashed once, anytime before the first boot into LineageOS.
    DEV Update 20170418

Let me address certain issues:

1) There would soon be a 7.1.2 build on the official downloads page, things to take note are as follows...
    • Update your Gapps (Preferably the latest Gapps from OpenGapps)
      7.1.2 causes old 7.1.1 Gapps to crash SUW and that is not very nice to deal with
    • Wait patiently for the build... no ETAs please.

2) ARM64
    I started adding arm64 support for our wt88047 over 2 weeks ago. Due to a few factors such as being fairly busy, a broken device and no build server, I have not even tried compiling the source. There will be no guarantees that it would come to official since we have the 1gb variant of wt88047s (which Google considers it to be a low ram device) (NO ETAs)

3) LTR553/Liteon Sensors
    Receiving some reports on it not working on latest build, need more confirmation since I merged this patch before latest build even though it has been reported working for others. Mixed response, quite confused.

4) Yamaha 537 Magnetic Sensor
    It should be working since there are no more reports of it working after the latest build with the same patch above.

5) VoLTE
    VoLTE is supported but... it really drains the battery. I tried debugging it a while ago but I have no idea why it is doing so even though the services start of right. Will come back to it when I am free again. (NO ETAs)

This are the latest developments of LineageOS 14.1 for wt88047. I hope this would clarify certain things. At the same time, I seek everyone's cooperation to not spam this thread with ETAs as well as VoLTE. Thanks :fingers-crossed:
    New Build (20170109)
    - Various fixes
    - Upstream
    - Android 7.1.1_r9
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862694135
    My local manifest for those who want to build. (May subject to sudden changes. Don't come here crying if it suddenly does not want to compile)

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="LineageOS/android_device_wingtech_wt88047" path="device/wingtech/wt88047" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_wingtech_msm8916" path="kernel/wingtech/msm8916" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_device_cyanogen_msm8916-common" path="device/cyanogen/msm8916-common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_wingtech" path="vendor/wingtech" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />

<project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" />
    </manifest>