Lenovo Moto G4/G4 Plus (athene)
This project is a feature-rich and stable official build of OmniROM 7.1.2 for Lenovo Moto G4/G4 Plus (athene).
Its work is based upon the sources provided by
the OmniROM Team and
@rahulsnair (device/kernel repositories).
"Omni is a community-based project for the Android community which is Free^3: Free to Use, Free to Modify, Free to Share. The goal of Omni is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality."
- Bluetooth (with A2DP and AVRCP support)
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n
- Messaging: SMS/MMS/Email (Exchange ActiveSync support)
- Multimedia: Audio/Video Playback, Images Gallery, Camera
- Multimedia: Audio/Video recording (Camcorder), Voice Search
- Omni Features, such as OmniSwitch and Performance Control
- OmniStyle, Dark Theme, OmniWallpapers
- Substratum themes support (rootless)
- Active Display
- CPU Deep Sleep support
- Offline charging
- Full Device Encryption
Builds are released weekly (Sat/Sun night)
All releases are available on http://dl.omnirom.org!
- Device: https://github.com/omnirom/android_device_motorola_athene
- Kernel: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_motorola_msm8952
- Vendor: https://github.com/DonkeyCoyote/proprietary_vendor_motorola/tree/android-7.1/athene
- OmniROM: https://github.com/omnirom/android
Google Apps are not included within this package and have to be flashed seperately via TWRP.
You can find the latest 7.1.1 OpenGApps here: DOWNLOAD
Pico or Nano Package recommended. (arm)
Since OmniROM does not come rooted out-of-the-box, you can use SuperSU or magisk to do that if needed.
Grab SuperSU and flash it via TWRP.
@omnirom: OmniROM sources
@rahulsnair: Athene repositories and support
@vache: Bringup support
Big THANKS to all of you (and everybody who has contributed to your branches) for your great work!
Last, but not least: Enjoy OmniROM!
#include <std_disclaimer_omni_athene.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications at YOUR OWN RISK. */
OmniROM for Moto G4/Plus [Athene][XT16xx], ROM for the Moto G4 Plus
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: omni-7.1.2-20170514
Stable Release Date: 2017-05-14
Current Beta Version: omni-7.1.1-20170219
Beta Release Date: 2017-02-19
Last Updated 2017-06-06