• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][7.1.2][ OpenKirin's HalogenOS For Huawei P9 ]

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
halogenos-logo.png

About :

~ XOS is a new generation Android-based cutting-edge OS based on the Android Open Source Project and Code Aurora Forum releases.

Downloads :

~ XOS_eva_7.1.2_20171125.zip md5 : 29405523e76df3c8be77d6c9eab57d3a

Installations :

~ In the same way like AOSPA 7.1.2 !

Issues :

~ The same like AOSPA 7.1.2 !

Kernel GPLv2 compliant : android_kernel_huawei_hi3650 !

Thanks to the XOS Team :
@regalstreak
@xdvs23 (actually xdevs23, but that was already taken on XDA)
@sewer56lol
@jbw716
@marpe
@dango99
@hunter_bruhh
@MSF-Jarvis
@keessonnema

Screenshots

Screenshot_20171125-234001.png
Screenshot_20171125-234007.png

Screenshot_20171125-234019.png

XDA:DevDB Information
XOS, ROM for the Huawei P9

Contributors
surdu_petru, OldDroid, XePeleato
Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 5.x
Based On: AOSP + CAF

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-11-25

Created 2017-11-25
Last Updated 2017-11-25

furkey

Feb 7, 2011
Why build new ROMs when the same problems persist?
He fixed most of the problems already. All roms he published based on a lineage like base. So it's more like "if you ported one, you have ported others too" So there is not much workload if you know how to do it. I'm sure he is doing his best to fix rest of the issues. At least we can be grateful for his work.

BTW what kind of issues you encounter?

EVA-L09 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Rezei

Dec 30, 2015
He fixed most of the problems already. All roms he published based on a lineage like base. So it's more like "if you ported one, you have ported others too" So there is not much workload if you know how to do it. I'm sure he is doing his best to fix rest of the issues. At least we can be grateful for his work.

BTW what kind of issues you encounter?

EVA-L09 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I didn't try the ROM. I just started my opinion on the noumerous projects he has to take care off. Why build several, unfinished ROMs and not fix the issues on one at first so that can be applied to the others? More ROMs mean more time needed to build and so on too.

Abhisht009

Aug 8, 2016
I'm currently in emui. Ive tried taking pictures with the monochrome lense covered and the difference is very noticeable. The one with the lenses covered has a lot more noise.
So Is there any camera app that will utilize both sensors in aosp?? :confused:

Drysauce

Oct 4, 2016
Melbourne
Don't want to flash something where I'm unsure of it's functionality.
How's mokee though?
all of the custom ROMS have a big problem that happens. When you shutdown the phone the the data becomes encrypted or deleted it refuses to be accessed or mounted via TWRP and the only way to fix it is to change the file system type which formats the data partition, mokee, halogen, lineage, AOSPA, XenonHD and some others that are based on lineage all have this one problem. just pointing that out since you are asking questions about these ROMS. except for GZOSP 8.0 which doesn't have this problem :)

Rezei

Dec 30, 2015
all of the custom ROMS have a big problem that happens. When you shutdown the phone the the data becomes encrypted or deleted it refuses to be accessed or mounted via TWRP and the only way to fix it is to change the file system type which formats the data partition, mokee, halogen, lineage, AOSPA, XenonHD and some others that are based on lineage all have this one problem. just pointing that out since you are asking questions about these ROMS. except for GZOSP 8.0 which doesn't have this problem :)

I'm using Xenon for over 3 weeks now and never encountered that issue.

Top Liked Posts