• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][OpenKirin's LineageOs 14.1 For Honor 6X ]

Search This thread

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
logo-2.png

Latest update: July 26th 2017

Disclaimer:
Although we are working hard to deliver a bug-free rom, things may break and we are not responsible if something goes wrong and your hardware becomes damaged or if you have any problem, you are taking a risk flashing roms.

Instructions:

If you come from stock EMUI 5.0:
  • Install TWRP (Available in this subforum)
  • Format data
  • Copy vendor.img to your sdcard
  • Run adb shell dd if=/sdcard/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor (From TWRP)
  • Flash LineageOS's zip

Downloads:
Find them inside this DevDB project section called 'Downloads' (you might need to use a computer)

Bugs:
  • Encryption
  • HwComposer
  • Camera

Changelog:
Code:
07/26 - Fixed screen deepsleep issue
07/25 - First release

Asking for help...
There are still some little bugs to fix and things will break from time to time, so in order to properly help you and keep the thread organized every help petition should include:
  • Brief description of the issue
  • A way to replicate it
  • Screenshots/Logs

Without that information, your post will be futile so please meet those easy conditions and try to keep the thread clean!

This rom has been brought to you by the OpenKirin team ( @surdu_petru @OldDroid @XePeleato ).

XDA:DevDB Information
OpenKirin's LineageOs for Honor 6X, ROM for the Honor 6X

Contributors
XePeleato, surdu_petru, OldDroid
Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 5.0
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-25

Created 2017-07-25
Last Updated 2017-07-26

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but are you developers on the official Lineage team or are you just using the logo ? Is this a modification of LOS/Cyanogen ?

I really have faith in the official version. No disrespect at all. It' s great to see so much action all of a sudden.

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
I'm not sure because my carrier doesn't support volte, if it doesn't work I'll add it to the bugs list.

I don't know, can you? This is an opensource project, if you can contribute just submit a pull request and I'll be glad to review it.

Can I help in development ?

It's unofficial, if you have a look at the zip file name it says unofficial, as well as inside Settings.

Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but are you developers on the official Lineage team or are you just using the logo ? Is this a modification of LOS/Cyanogen ?

I really have faith in the official version. No disrespect at all. It' s great to see so much action all of a sudden.

Sohail65

Jun 9, 2017
I'm not sure because my carrier doesn't support volte, if it doesn't work I'll add it to the bugs list.

I don't know, can you? This is an opensource project, if you can contribute just submit a pull request and I'll be glad to review it.

It's unofficial, if you have a look at the zip file name it says unofficial, as well as inside Settings.
I will flash the rom today.. And tell u the results

Sent from my BLN-L22 using Tapatalk

drakenabarion

Dec 13, 2010
Kildare
OnePlus 6
ASUS ZenFone 8
This is exciting. I will have to wait until the weekend but I am looking forward so much!

But perhaps I might have to wait for camera fix. I trust you guys but for the moment I kinda need the camera to work.

HWC is a different challenge. I hope there is a breakthrough with that some time!

Sent from my Honor 6x using XDA Labs

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
logo-2.png

Asking for help...
There are still some little bugs to fix and things will break from time to time, so in order to properly help you and keep the thread organized every help petition should include:
  • A way to replicate it
  • Screenshots/Logs

Bug for me:

Install zip, install gapps (or not, same bug) :
1. First boot ok
2. Without any install, any other flash zip, juste lineageos zip: shutdown phone, when press power to boot again, the rom won't boot, stuck to bootanimation.
3. I'm format data again to boot. But same bug, if i shutdown, or reboot .... stuck to bootanimation.

I can do a video if need

edit: BLN-L21

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
Have you flashed vendor.img from TWRP? Follow the instructions from the OP and you'll be fine.

Bug for me:

Install zip, install gapps (or not, same bug) :
1. First boot ok
2. Without any install, any other flash zip, juste lineageos zip: shutdown phone, when press power to boot again, the rom won't boot, stuck to bootanimation.
3. I'm format data again to boot. But same bug, if i shutdown, or reboot .... stuck to bootanimation.

Reactions: felix-development

XePeleato

Mar 19, 2016
Madrid
Still working on it, does it make a big difference for you? Let me know what do you exactly notice so that I can use it as a test.

Okay. Thanks! What about HWC Bug?

Gesendet von meinem BLN-L21 mit Tapatalk

It's exactly the same, I suggest you to try with the new update, if it doesn't work I'd need a log to check what's going on.

Yes i was on RR rom before. Flashing vendor change nothing. Is vendor.img différent from RR surdu rom ?

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
video from 11:00 AM is still uploading. Rom update 20170526 is downloading.

If bug is still here with your update, i will try to enable usb debug before reboot and an adb shell, if i'm not wrong, bootanimation mean kernel boot, so adb shell must work (adb secure is set or not ?).

edit: add quote

Still working on it, does it make a big difference for you? Let me know what do you exactly notice so that I can use it as a test.

It's exactly the same, I suggest you to try with the new update, if it doesn't work I'd need a log to check what's going on.

felix-development

Apr 1, 2016
Northern-Westphalica

About HwComposer. Apps are working as fast as normal but the UI is slower than normal. If you want to swipe down Status bar its slow and when you are at homescreen and slide from side to side its slower than normal. And when I Press Power Button to Turn Screen on/off Phone needs 1-2 seconds longer than normal. It would be very cool if we see a HWC fix for this Rom.

Gesendet von meinem BLN-L21 mit Tapatalk

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
here is the bug video

https://youtu.be/zgrwy5HP3WQ

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

same bug with new update.

I have not unable adb, and nothing change for the moment. Because if enable adb, or doing something else, maybe the bug will not be there.

Now i will try to force language to english. And if not work, i wil re re-format data to boot, and set adb secure to 0 to look at the log.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-2.png

Latest update: July 26th 2017

Disclaimer:
    Although we are working hard to deliver a bug-free rom, things may break and we are not responsible if something goes wrong and your hardware becomes damaged or if you have any problem, you are taking a risk flashing roms.

Instructions:

If you come from stock EMUI 5.0:
    • Install TWRP (Available in this subforum)
    • Format data
    • Copy vendor.img to your sdcard
    • Run adb shell dd if=/sdcard/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor (From TWRP)
    • Flash LineageOS's zip

Downloads:
    Find them inside this DevDB project section called 'Downloads' (you might need to use a computer)

Bugs:
    • Encryption
    • HwComposer
    • Camera

Changelog:
    Code:
    07/26 - Fixed screen deepsleep issue
    07/25 - First release

Asking for help...
    • A way to replicate it
    • Screenshots/Logs

Without that information, your post will be futile so please meet those easy conditions and try to keep the thread clean!

This rom has been brought to you by the OpenKirin team ( @surdu_petru @OldDroid @XePeleato ).

XDA:DevDB Information
    OpenKirin's LineageOs for Honor 6X, ROM for the Honor 6X

Contributors
    XePeleato, surdu_petru, OldDroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 5.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-25

Created 2017-07-25
    Last Updated 2017-07-26
    Hi, Huawei/Honor introduced the vendor partition on EMUI 5, so instead of having the path "/system/vendor" we just have "/vendor".

I could have included the image into a zip package so that it would be a bit easier to flash but then I'd have to include it for every release, that would make the update packages pretty large so we decided to serve it as a separated download, flashing this vendor.img is enough to flash Lineage or RROS or AOSPA.

@XePeleato
    Thank you very much for your great work. I am huge fan of LineageOS rom. I have a question that might be silly, but what is vendor.img and why it's required to be placed in sd card and then running adb command for it? I have installed previous roms on my 3 old devices without such a step. Thanks in advance for clarifying

Dan

Can I help in development ?

What GApp should I use? And I flash GApp after flashing rom?
    Pico. And flash it right after you flashed the ROM.

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs
    New update released! I forgot to add the fix for the screen deepsleep issue, it's now fixed and the zip is uploaded. Keep in mind that you won't need to flash vendor.img again.