[ROM][7.1.2][OpenKirin's LineageOS 14.1 - Huawei P8Lite ][Update 31/12/2017]

Search This thread

IAmLemby

Nov 12, 2016
Actually we are listening to each of you.

We think that it is unnecessary, but anyway, I'll personally build one kernel with overclocking support just to 'see what happens'. The problem is that we have a lot of stuff to do, so it will be done, but allow some time because this is one request of one device, we get the message, now sit back and wait for it.
Holy fu**...

dominj97

Jul 24, 2013
Warsaw
Just used PCMarck - Storage test for ext4 & f2fs on the new update LOS 14.1 ( not yet released for you ) ...

On data as ext4 there was 2601 points, while on data as f2fs the score was 2888 ! Not a big deal, but at least f2fs seems to work properly after was implemented into kernel :)

A new TWRP/LOS 14.1 will be here soon, sure with F2FS support .

Regards,
You are great :)
Well that's always 10% more. I was always using androbench, don't know which is better.

Btw How is the cpu bug?
Is F2F2 Android 7.0 related or will we maybe seeing it on OmniRom 6.0 and LineageOS 13 too. Or are they already having it ?
Btw thanks for your great work for this Phone.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using XDA Labs
It's not related to android version. In fact the old moto g (2013) had f2fs on android 4.4 kitkat. Omni and LOS 13 have /data in ext4 just like stock. Most high-end devices use f2fs because it's just better than ext4.

Send from LineageOS 13 ;)

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
You are great :)
Well that's always 10% more. I was always using androbench, don't know which is better.

Btw How is the cpu bug?

It's not related to android version. In fact the old moto g (2013) had f2fs on android 4.4 kitkat. Omni and LOS 13 have /data in ext4 just like stock. Most high-end devices use f2fs because it's just better than ext4.

Send from LineageOS 13 ;)

CPU issues not yet fixed into LOS 14.1, and I'm not going to add F2FS support for LOS 13.0/OmniROM 6.0.1 !

The good news for LOS 14.1 - the ROM itself running really flawless, no lag, no UI issue like into LOS 13.0 - seems to be more fastest, stable and smoothly ;)

With the fix for CPU the ROM could be almost perfect, of course excluding the list ( what is not working ) :eek:

EDIT :

TWRP was already updated with F2FS support for the coming update LOS 14.1 !

dominj97

Jul 24, 2013
Warsaw
CPU issues not yet fixed into LOS 14.1, and I'm not going to add F2FS support for LOS 13.0/OmniROM 6.0.1 !

The good news for LOS 14.1 - the ROM itself running really flawless, no lag, no UI issue like into LOS 13.0 - seems to be more fastest, stable and smoothly ;)

With the fix for CPU the ROM could be almost perfect, of course excluding the list ( what is not working ) :eek:

EDIT :

TWRP was already updated with F2FS support for the coming update LOS 14.1 !

I will switch to N as soon as it will be stable enough anyway :)
Too bad CPU issue it's not fix yet...
Anyway I will try new update and give feedback.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
New Update LOS 14.1 !

image10.png

New (Beta) update LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8Lite !

Changelog :
Code:
[CENTER]
* update to the latest LineageOS 14.1 source code ;
* enabled SDCardFS ;
* added F2FS support ;
* USB tethering fixed ;
* fast, stable & smooth !
[/CENTER]

Downloads :
Code:
[CENTER]
* [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862725191"]lineage-14.1-20170508-UNOFFICIAL-alice.zip[/URL] [B][I]md5 :[/I][/B] 21c8c408a4c4fce7eed6ad00ae46e068

[/CENTER]

Installation Instructions :
Code:
[CENTER]
* use data as f2fs instead ext4 :
- install the new [URL="https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72212731&postcount=72"]TWRP 3.1.0-2[/URL] 
- wipe - advanced wipe - select Data - Repair or Change File System - Change File System - F2FS
- reboot to TWRP
- install LOS & Gapps !
- wipe cache & dalvik !
- Enjoy !!!
[/CENTER]

Issues :
Code:
[CENTER]
* please check OP for more info !

[/CENTER]

Screenshots :

Screenshot_20170508-163059.png

regards,
OpenKirin TEAM ( @XePeleato, @OldDroid, @surdu_petru )

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
There is also * please check OP for more info !

Edit.
It is running so fast that I can't believe CPU is not fixed...

Yes, I had the same feeling like you :D , but I got only 22000 on Antutu instead 32000, because for the moment - the CPU perform only 2/3 from the whole capacity !

EDIT :

Do you already use F2FS ?

Last edited:

dominj97

Jul 24, 2013
Warsaw
Yes, I had the same feeling like you :D , but I got only 22000 on Antutu instead 32000, because for the moment - the CPU perform only 2/3 from the whole capacity !

EDIT :

Do you already use F2FS ?
Yes and I'm running androbench now :)
I also got about 22k in Antutu...
I will check geekbench later.

EDIT: @surdu_petru
Have you tried 60fps videos? The issue changed. It's not freezing now but it's dropping many frames...
Androbench crashed, but it's an app fault.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, since the other thread is pretty clogged up, I have decided to create a new one (even tough I know this is going to get even more clogged up...)

So the day has come, since the closed beta I have fixed some bugs and I have (finally) setup the downloads server, it's the right time.

I am not really good writing this kind of posts, you know what you want, and I am too tired to talk about the risks of not being careful flashing, etc...

Installation Instructions
    1. Your device must be updated to EMUI 4.1 !
    2. You should have already installed TWRP 3.1.1-0 !
    3. Format data in TWRP and reboot device again into TWRP ( if you come from stock EMUI 4.1 )
    4. Wipe Factory Reset in TWRP
    5. Flash LOS 14.1 zip and reboot to System
    6. Reboot device in TWRP and install Gapps ( optional )
    7. Install Magisk or SuperSU if you need ROOT ( optional )
    8. Enjoy

Currently Working List
    • Audio
    • Camera fully working with Footej Camera ( via PlayStore )
    • WiFi
    • BT with a2dp
    • dual SIM with data network connecting
    • Lights
    • Sensors
    • Off-mode charging
    • adb & mtp
    • Internal/External Storage
    • Flash
    • Touch-screen
    • LiveDisplay
    • Screenrecord
    • HWC partially
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • DT2W

Currently Not Working
    • Encryption
    • SIM without LTE/4G support
    • Stock camera video recording, please use Footej Camera via PlayStore !
    • There may be others small issues !

Downloads

Misc

If you have a Honor 4X and the rom isn't compatible (it shouldn't be compatible so don't worry) send me a PM (unless you are @panchovix because I already know that he is interested lol), because I need a little group of people to test the adapted 4X version, but that rom will be published in the correct subforum, so please let's keep it tidy.

Please think before you post, I wouldn't like to reach 50 pages within 2 weeks, so if you just want to post "OMG SO HYPED" do it in the other thread or don't do it at all.

P.S: The Github repo will be updated as fast as I can, I understand that some people want to port roms now that we have reached 'certain stability', but I am just one person and my time is limited.

Kernel GPLv2 compliant : android_kernel_huawei_hi6210sft !

This ROM is provided by OpenKirin TEAM (XePeleato, OldDroid, surdu_petru )​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LOS 14.1, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    XePeleato, surdu_petru, OldDroid, olrak2
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android MM (EMUI 4.1)
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-15

Created 2017-01-21
    Last Updated 2017-12-31
    What the hell? I am not updating the thread because there's no reason to do so. Do you want to know everything I've tried without success? Does it even make sense to post about it?

Just if someone wasn't sure, I am STILL working on it, development hasn't stopped. The only problem is that the current issues are hard to fix, so it takes more time, and that's all about it, I can't/won't go faster nor there's anything to do about it

By the way, everyone is welcome to collaborate, so far I am the only contributor to my github repo.
    Hi , I've Installed This ROM On CHM-U01
    Battery Life Seems Good (2% In 10Min With "screen On" )
    But Second Simcard Still Not Work , Any Suggestion For Fix It?(My Both Sims Are LTEsim , MTN Irancell)

Did you already send me via PM the neccesary INFO for enable SIM 2 on your device ? I can't see anything on my PM :)

If you didn't send me, please check CM-13.0 Thread and find the post with the required info from your device, thanks !

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Good news about Android Oreo :D

Finally my device successfully boot on GZOSP, Android Oreo :victory:

Screenshot_20171016-181738.png
    RROS 7.1.2 !

A New Project is coming soon for Huawei P8Lite,Honor 8 & Huawei P9 :

Screenshot_from_2017-05-08_22-42-56.png

Screenshot_2017-05-08-15-53-37.png
    Screenshot_20170508-225953.png

Screenshot_20170508-225933.png
    Screenshot_20170508-230156.png

Screenshot_20170508-230039.png
    Screenshot_20170508-230110.png

Screenshot_20170508-230118.png

Regards,
    Android Oreo Is Coming On Huawei P8Lite !

First ROM Android OREO ( GZOSP ) booted on Huawei P8Lite :victory:

Screenshot_from_2017-10-15_23-24-21.png

Starting to next week, I will begin work on LOS 15.0 :D

For the moment it seems that device stuck on bootanimation of GZOSP Android O .... I'll post some screenshots asap !