• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][ OpenKirin's RROS- V5.8.5 For Huawei P9 ][ Update 05/01/2018]]

Search This thread

any_body

Feb 26, 2012
Izmir
For EMUI 5 on P9, use the TWRP from that thread (btw, that was an excellent custom ROM based on EMUI 5)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75787111&postcount=1

Given TWRP is for EMUI 5, no matter which build number

If you use a valid SIM card, phone should have been updated to the latest EMUI 5. It can be also updated manually - btw, what is your full version name and number (Settings/About) like EVA-L09c432b389 or what

My build number is EVA-L09C464B389 and EMUI 5.03 and there is no update when i check with a valid & working simcard.... :rolleyes:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
My build number is EVA-L09C464B389 and EMUI 5.03 and there is no update when i check with a valid & working simcard.... :rolleyes:
Not sure which cust is c46, cannot find it here:
https://www.huaweiblog.de/firmware-update-was-bedeutet-cust-emui-und-co/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/8-lite/how-to/huawei-regional-codes-t3740473
(To be Turkey from your profile?)

It stopped short with b389/b390 as seen from Firmware Finder (you can also install their app from Playstore) repository:
https://pro-teammt.ru/firmware-database/?firmware_model=EVA-L09c46
(strange, it says b390 is from Jan '20?!)

Anyway, you can rebrand aka Change location to (L09) c432 (Europe, all languages) and upgrade to b504 (still Nougat) by HWOTA7 method from the OP posts #1 and #2:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva-t3820849

It describes Changing location to AL10 c00 (China) and upgrading to Oreo - follow only the first (Changing location), stay on L09 (international single SIM) and take cust c432, build b504 - so EVA-L09c432b504

Last edited:

any_body

Feb 26, 2012
Izmir
Not sure which cust is c46, cannot find it here:
https://www.huaweiblog.de/firmware-update-was-bedeutet-cust-emui-und-co/
https://forum.xda-developers.com/8-lite/how-to/huawei-regional-codes-t3740473
(To be Turkey from your profile?)

It stopped short with b389/b390 as seen from Firmware Finder (you can also install their app from Playstore) repository:
https://pro-teammt.ru/firmware-database/?firmware_model=EVA-L09c46
(strange, it says b390 is from Jan '20?!)

Anyway, you can rebrand aka Change location to (L09) c432 (Europe, all languages) and upgrade to b504 (still Nougat) by HWOTA7 method from the OP posts #1 and #2:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/rebrand-update-tool-hwota7-p9-eva-t3820849

It describes Changing location to AL10 c00 (China) and upgrading to Oreo - follow only the first (Changing location), stay on L09 (international single SIM) and take cust c432, build b504 - so EVA-L09c432b504

I installed this rom at the end after many trying. The mistake point was that i need that i corrected f2fs - ext4 file system change... :)

But now, I can't use smart cover case that I use with stock rom... :( :rolleyes:

After I close the cover of my phone case, nothing was happened and screen still look like open and I don't know how can I fix it. I found and app named Hall Manager but I didn't work...

And, the other point was, i cant use my smart cover cases auto lock screen option and i cant use screen lock with design or with digits...

Can anybody help me about those cases? Thanks... :confused:

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I installed this rom at the end after many trying. The mistake point was that i need that i corrected f2fs - ext4 file system change... :)

But now, I can't use smart cover case that I use with stock rom... :( :rolleyes:

After I close the cover of my phone case, nothing was happened and screen still look like open and I don't know how can I fix it. I found and app named Hall Manager but I didn't work...

And, the other point was, i cant use my smart cover cases auto lock screen option and i cant use screen lock with design or with digits...

Can anybody help me about those cases? Thanks... :confused:

Sorry, smart cover it's not implemented in this ROM, so it'll not working ... but better you should update your device via dload method to Android Oreo, I guess it's officially released, and then start to use the new custom ROMs from OpenKirin Team from this link !

Good luck !

any_body

Feb 26, 2012
Izmir
Sorry, smart cover it's not implemented in this ROM, so it'll not working ... but better you should update your device via dload method to Android Oreo, I guess it's officially released, and then start to use the new custom ROMs from OpenKirin Team from this link !

Good luck !

Dear surdu_petru,

First of all thank you so much for your valuable amswer...

What is "dload method" to upgrade my rom?

Do you mean "Rebrand & Update Tool" method? :confused:

Can i update my phone (upgrade android version) C464B389 to Oreo with dload method?

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Dear surdu_petru,

First of all thank you so much for your valuable amswer...

What is "dload method" to upgrade my rom?

Can i update my phone (upgrade android version) C464B389 to Oreo with dload method?

Sorry, I can't tell you step by step all what you need to do, you should spend some time to check here or on others Huawei/Honor devices what does it mean "dload method to flash Huawei stock firmware" ... and also how you could update your device to a new version of Android ( Nougat->Oreo) or (Oreo->Pie).

On xda, there is a lots of tools and INFO about all those stuff ... you only need to take a few days to understand all about your device before to take any action on your device.

Do not hesitate to ask questions in the topic you are following if you feel you have any doubts !

Amost all Huawei/Honor devices based Kirin soc are the same when we talk about to flash stock firmware or update to a new version of Android, so you could check as well other threads like Honor 8/9/10 (view) or Huawei Mate/P20/P30 (pro) where the discussion are not yet abandoned.

Unfortunately I do not own this device anymore and I would not like to give you wrong instructions.

Thanks for understanding and good luck !

Reactions: any_body

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
...What is "dload method" to upgrade my rom?

Sorry, I can't tell you step by step all what you need to do, you should spend some time to check here or on others Huawei/Honor devices what does it mean "dload method to flash Huawei stock firmware" ... and also how you could update your device to a new version of Android ( Nougat->Oreo) or (Oreo->Pie)...

Just few clarifications:

- By reading the upper posts, #any_body you have P9 EVA-L09, but what is exactly your current build: c464b390 ot c432b503 or which (although, it doesn't matter much, see below)

- Huawei never released Oreo (EMUI 8) for any EVA L09/L19/L29, not even for c432 cust (usually receiving the first, most and most often updates)

- Of all EVA models and custs, Huawei only released Oreo for Chinese market, for AL10, AL00, TL10, etc

- @any_body, to go to Oreo (EMUI 8), you have to follow the thread (given you already above):
(There is another method, essentially very similar - hence not any simpler, but using a little different tools and rebranding to a different Chinese model and cust although again to the b540 build, but for that method you must look to the Russian 4pda forum)

Sorry, it is not a simple method (as you commented), but it was described in excellent details and IMO more than hundred of users successfully rebranded L09/L19 phones to AL10c00 and installed that b540 Oreo

- One more step is needed (otherwise, your L09 rebranded to AL10c00 and updated to b540 would not recognize its IMEI and would not be able to use Mobile Network), to flash the Network patch, which is also described in the OP posts in the given HWOTA7 method for rebranding and updating to Oreo

- There was additionally a thread for Open Kirin ROMs on P9 phones:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/development/roms-openkirin-aosp-collection-t3828806

Of course, P9 had to be updated to EMUI 8 before installing OpenKirin, hence practically most P9 OpenKirin users (who were not already coming with the stock Chinese firmwares) had to rebrand and upgrade by the method(s) as above

- It is very easy to brick the phone when rebranding (if not doing it properly). Additionally, EMUI 5 and 8 have different partitions, and to make things worse, Chinese EMUI 8 needs tweaking to make it to use the SIM card(s) on the rebranded L09 and L19 phones. Finally, in that Chinese EMUI 8, location sharing and Ok Google do not work, but the same 'network patch' as provided in the OP posts fixes both those two problems (only VoLTE remained unsolved - couldn't make it to work on that Oreo)

- Putting all together, it is not possible to update @any_body's phone to Oreo by simple DLOAD method and not much help can be found for this specific case on XDA forums for other phones like Honor or P20/P30 models BUT THERE IS a safe and proven method making it possible, but it must be followed very, very carefully

- E.g., I played with for over a year and used them as my daily drivers, one L09 (single SIM) and one L19 (dual SIM), both rebranded and upgraded to the 'Chinese' (all languages supported) AL10c00b540 Oreo per that method. However, I had to move on, to the newer hardware, Android 9 and 10, and to try different vendors and models (currently on Xiaomi)

- For the matter of fact, for two times I also installed and tested OpenKirin ROMs (LOS and RR), but for various reasons (camera/video, etc) returned back to that 'Chinese' EMUI 8

Last edited:
Reactions: any_body

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I didnt rebrand my phone and i am using EMUI 5.0.3. Rebrand & update tool look so confusing for me...
Just to encourage you - but it's your phone, your decision and responsibility ?

Another user updated his P9 from EMUi 4 few days ago and bought Bootloader code.
Yesterday, upon getting a link to HWOTA7 method, he reported just one hour later successful rebranding and updating to 'Chinese' Oreo AL-10c00b540:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/upgrade-to-android-7-0-emui-5-0-t4056337/page2

any_body

Feb 26, 2012
Izmir
Just to encourage you - but it's your phone, your decision and responsibility ?

Another user updated his P9 from EMUi 4 few days ago and bought Bootloader code.
Yesterday, upon getting a link to HWOTA7 method, he reported just one hour later successful rebranding and updating to 'Chinese' Oreo AL-10c00b540:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/upgrade-to-android-7-0-emui-5-0-t4056337/page2

How can i backup my phone against soft or hard brick before doing this upgrade procedure? :eek:

If it bricked (soft or hard) is there a way to make it work again? ??

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
How can i backup my phone against soft or hard brick before doing this upgrade procedure? :eek:

If it bricked (soft or hard) is there a way to make it work again? ??
Backups will not protect you from bricks.
If you make a nandroid TWRP hackup now, from EMUI 5, and you brick when you upgrade to EMUI 8, you must not try to restore it there because partitions and encryption is different

Shortly: Yes, there were people who didn't carefully follow instructions and bricked their phone.
But they recovered either back to Nougat (and stayed there if they didn't want to try again) or forward to Oreo

Last edited:

dkionline

Oct 15, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
why you spam more threads, instead to wait for a proper way. We have an emui 5 thread, where you can update and we will help there.

barti19941

Aug 4, 2017
Hello,
I have a problem with this room. I can't make or recieve calls even though the data service, MMS and SMS of my provider works properly. When calling to my phone it sounds like its calling but nothing is recieved on my mobile, and when calling on my mobile the dailer screen closes immediatly after opening but the call is received on phone which I'm calling. The SIM card works perfectly fine in other phones.
I have the same issue on Lineage OS 14.1. Has anyone had a similar problem? How I can fix it?

Korbixio

Apr 25, 2020
I`m little trouble with installing this ROM.
Try go step by step from instructions but my P9 always wont start or go to eRecovery.
First im format data, then reboot to twrp and apply factory reset.
Next install vendor package and rom file.
First time when im try install this rom im receive error "failed to mount `vendor.
Already tried wipe dalvik cache after installation and change partition type to ext4 on data and vendor partition.
Vendor partition fresh after installation has ext4 file type and show 0MB , after im change to f2fs show ~525MB. - is that correct?

Also im tried installing this rom after restore system from backup and format&wipe but no flash vendor before flash ROM file.

In this moment system wont start after fresh system restore - bootloop on huawei logo. In this moment im wait to download stock rom from huawei erecovery. Hope it help but... im want install RROS ROM.
Im have last updated stock ROM before start play with flashing, no fingerprints, TWRP in v 3.1.1, SUperSU v2.82_EMUI5_KangV
Meybe Gaaps is necessary to boot phone after installing ROM? Also im receive a msg after install ROM about required Magisk for this mod.
What is wrong? Sorry for my ****ty English.

scaniathe

Jun 12, 2014
Wadowice
I`m little trouble with installing this ROM.
Try go step by step from instructions but my P9 always wont start or go to eRecovery.
First im format data, then reboot to twrp and apply factory reset.
Next install vendor package and rom file.
First time when im try install this rom im receive error "failed to mount `vendor.
Already tried wipe dalvik cache after installation and change partition type to ext4 on data and vendor partition.
Vendor partition fresh after installation has ext4 file type and show 0MB , after im change to f2fs show ~525MB. - is that correct?

Also im tried installing this rom after restore system from backup and format&wipe but no flash vendor before flash ROM file.

In this moment system wont start after fresh system restore - bootloop on huawei logo. In this moment im wait to download stock rom from huawei erecovery. Hope it help but... im want install RROS ROM.
Im have last updated stock ROM before start play with flashing, no fingerprints, TWRP in v 3.1.1, SUperSU v2.82_EMUI5_KangV
Meybe Gaaps is necessary to boot phone after installing ROM? Also im receive a msg after install ROM about required Magisk for this mod.
What is wrong? Sorry for my ****ty English.

All bad.
Everytime when You install custom rom - install over orginal rom - when You are in custom rom - go back to orginal firmware and unlock bootloader flash recovery and read what the developers wrote

Last edited:

Biagio_d

May 15, 2020
MHL support

Hi at all, I want install this ROM in my L-09.
The MHL is enabled , someone have tried MHL?
Thank

Dininthedrider

Dec 24, 2010
Hello,
I have a problem with this room. I can't make or recieve calls even though the data service, MMS and SMS of my provider works properly. When calling to my phone it sounds like its calling but nothing is recieved on my mobile, and when calling on my mobile the dailer screen closes immediatly after opening but the call is received on phone which I'm calling. The SIM card works perfectly fine in other phones.
I have the same issue on Lineage OS 14.1. Has anyone had a similar problem? How I can fix it?

I have the same issue. Could you find a solution?

IchiroKatsu

Jun 6, 2020
how can I deactivate the screen lock. if i set them to "no" place force closing the settings. I can't even set pin lock yet

Xaveos

Jul 6, 2012
Hi Guys,

Updated to this rom a while back due to stock rom instability and issues, it has served me well, apart from the more occasional charging requirement.
Due to Safety Net requirements I made a full backup in TWRP and flashed Magisk Uninstall and Install again to try and get to a more recent Magisk. Long story short, I could not update in the Magisk app itself with the new apk. One error - I did not wipe the cache

My phone boots, no problem, but when I enter passcode I get a blank screen with wallpaper, it goes black and then I'm back on the lock screen. The phone works in the background, I get notifications and whatsapps but I cannot interact with it.

• I cannot boot into TWRP, it takes me to stock recovery, therefore I cannot restore.
  • I cannot adb into the phone, it says unauthorised, due to this PC not being setup prior to this for the Huawei.
  • in eRecovery, it simply doesn't download a stock image to flash.

I tried the following with the adb_keys:
I exhausted all the options here and cannot authorise the phone.

I'm going to now exhaust the battery on the phone and then try to restart it, but I'm pretty much sure this is now a paperweight. If only I can get into TWRP, but perhaps I flashed over it.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Xaveos

Jul 6, 2012
Hi Guys,

Updated to this rom a while back due to stock rom instability and issues, it has served me well, apart from the more occasional charging requirement.
Due to Safety Net requirements I made a full backup in TWRP and flashed Magisk Uninstall and Install again to try and get to a more recent Magisk. Long story short, I could not update in the Magisk app itself with the new apk. One error - I did not wipe the cache

My phone boots, no problem, but when I enter passcode I get a blank screen with wallpaper, it goes black and then I'm back on the lock screen. The phone works in the background, I get notifications and whatsapps but I cannot interact with it.

• I cannot boot into TWRP, it takes me to stock recovery, therefore I cannot restore.
  • I cannot adb into the phone, it says unauthorised, due to this PC not being setup prior to this for the Huawei.
  • in eRecovery, it simply doesn't download a stock image to flash.

I tried the following with the adb_keys:
I exhausted all the options here and cannot authorise the phone.

I'm going to now exhaust the battery on the phone and then try to restart it, but I'm pretty much sure this is now a paperweight. If only I can get into TWRP, but perhaps I flashed over it.

Any advice will be appreciated.
It turns out that SystemUI is not responding.
Booting into Safe mode does not solve the problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Resurrection-remix-logo.png

Resurrection Remix N v5.8.5 For Huawei P9 (EVA)

> Officially Supported Devices : EVA-L09,L19,L29,AL10,DL00&TL00 <

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, and including some features from SlimROM, OmniROM and original Remix ROM builds, all those creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device !​

Features

* Substratum Theme Engine
    * A huge bunch of various customizations
    * Root & Magisk manager
    * Battery power profiles
    * System profiles
    * OmniSwitch
    * Dual SIM support
    * WiFi, BT, GPS, FPS & NFC
    * Snap Camera
    * Screenrecorder

Downloads

* RR-N-v5.8.5-20180105-eva-Unofficial.zip md5: 1de08d57211180cea6ceb453bce623b8

* vendor.zip md5: 1595aa21f5634c8763075b11bf0b94e1

* Gapps (ARM64/7.1/nano/micro) - please, use always the last update

* FIX1_SIM.zip

* FIX2_SIM.zip

Installations

* you should have already updated your device to the last update of EMUI 5.x !
    * unlock bootloader
    * your fingerprints registered must be deleted in order to switch to RROS !
    * please use the last update of TWRP !
    - format data via TWRP and reboot again to TWRP
    ( sometimes data is not properly formated - please repeat format data and reboot to TWRP )
    - switch data file system from F2FS to EXT4 ***
    - perform a factory reset
    - install vendor.zip
    - install RROS 7.1.2
    - optional install Gapps
    - reboot
    - enjoy !!!
    switch data file system from F2FS to EXT4 ONLY if your device not boot after was on power off mode !

If you have SIM issues please install FIX1_SIM or FIX2_SIM via TWRP !

Issues

Sources

Credit

Special thanks to the LineageOS Team, OmniROM Team , SlimROM Team and of course to all the supporters !

Kernel GPLv2 compliant : android_kernel_huawei_hi3650 !

Donors
    * denNorske
    * claudio9597
    * Tuturooo

RR Screenshots

Screenshot_20170605-162638.png
    Screenshot_20170605-162654.png

Screenshot_20170605-162706.png
    Screenshot_20170605-162726.png

Screenshot_20170605-162735.png

Regards,

XDA:DevDB Information
    RROS 7.1.2, ROM for the Huawei P9

Contributors
    surdu_petru, OldDroid, XePeleato
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android N (EMUI 5.x)
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-06-05

Created 2017-05-13
    Last Updated 2018-01-06
    Good news !

Reboot to erecovery was fixed right now ( inside the kernel source code ) ... a new stable version of this rom will be here soon :eek:
    Next Update Will Be Oreo 8.1 !

New Update Soon to RROS v6.0.0 Oreo 8.1 :)

Screenshot_Settings_20180319-220447.png
    Reserved

F.A.Q :

Video camera recording issue ?
    - please try to update to EMUI B386 before to switch to RROS 7.1.2 !
    Fixed ! make sure that you have installed the vendor.zip from OP !
    Your SIM card are not recognized ?
    - please make sure that your SIM card have LTE capability !

Device too hot while charging with stock Huawei charger ?
    - please try to charge via USB connected to a Desktop/Laptop, or simply use a different charger, instead the stock one !

Your device EVA-DL00 or EVA-TL00 became EVA-L19 ?
    - yes, do not worry ! - these versions have almost identical features !

Why there is always full network signal ?
    - yes, is just a tweak - until we'll find a solution for correct signal scaling, we prefer this compromise solution !

Are you going to switch Selinux to enforcing ?
    - for the moment, this ROM is intended to use Selinux in permissive mode - do not try to change this !!!

All your issues, that in fact are related to F.A.Q will be ignored !
    New Update RROS 7.1.2 !!!

9989970.png

Stable Release RROS 7.1.2 For Huawei P9

Changelog :
    • based on the last updated source RROS 7.1.2
    • add support for Huawei P9 : EVA-L09, EVA-L29, EVA-AL10, EVA-L19, EVA-DL00 & EVA-TL00 !
    • fixed "reboot to erecovery" !
    • stable, fast & smooth !

Please check OP for more information !!!

RR Screenshots

Screenshot_20170605-162638.png
    Screenshot_20170605-162654.png

Screenshot_20170605-162706.png
    Screenshot_20170605-162726.png

Screenshot_20170605-162735.png

Regards,