[ROM][7.1.2][P2] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

senseijtitus

Oct 17, 2015
Kochin
Might be.. I was thinking about some fix for onekey (ultra power saving thing) thing in school.. will try and see

But I have no hide about fp gestures yet.. need to try again to decompile it
Hope you be successful in it. I am sure you can find some way for applying this. U have been a great developer for p2 and I really appreciate all the hard work you have done.

Best of luck..

Amithaj133

Sep 24, 2016
I am using banking apps on this rom. There are no security problems.
Hi are you using tez on this rom. Because I am getting error from tez saying "tez cannot be used on this device" I am running official aex ROM and I have not rooted my device.

If you are using tez on this ROM please let me know.

rbanksy

May 30, 2015
I have a problem with the dual sim setup.
I am unable to disable the second SIM card, the second SIM is active and the GUI shows it as disabled. When you try to change it to active it times out and errors.

FireLord

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2014
Noida
firelord.github.io
I have a problem with the dual sim setup.
I am unable to disable the second SIM card, the second SIM is active and the GUI shows it as disabled. When you try to change it to active it times out and errors.
It has been already said in the thread not to touch that option.. it's just required **** for volte

Sent from my Lenovo P2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sahib Pandotra

shrutik a

Jul 20, 2017
I am getting only 5 hr off screen on time for 80%bettery any other having this problem

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

In 2 days off stand by time

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Much off this at night time in one night 30%bettery

potatoman4321

Jan 31, 2017
I am getting only 5 hr off screen on time for 80%bettery any other having this problem

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

In 2 days off stand by time

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Much off this at night time in one night 30%bettery
I'm not having this problem, did you dirty flash?

anilyarki

Aug 20, 2013
Manali
www.techmanali.in
Lord is back with another update. This is almost a perfect Rom now with bugs being taken care of one at a time. Many thanks.

Could you please tell if there is a way to put the volte icon back on status bar. It doesn't make a difference but just need it to be sure everything is working . Thanks for all the hard work.

FireLord

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2014
Noida
firelord.github.io
Lord is back with another update. This is almost a perfect Rom now with bugs being taken care of one at a time. Many thanks.

Could you please tell if there is a way to put the volte icon back on status bar. It doesn't make a difference but just need it to be sure everything is working . Thanks for all the hard work.
There is no volte icon thing implemented in los sources yet so that can't be done..

Sent from my Lenovo P2 using Tapatalk

onlyvarun.vb

May 3, 2016
Amritsar
Sorry for asking but i'm not a pro like you....
so this is the procedure

Installation
Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery
Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
Reboot in Bootloader Mode
Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Wipe Dalvik cache
Install the ROM zip
DO NOT REBOOT
Install the Gapps zip
Reboot

so i want to know i should not wipe system from twrp ??

Amithaj133

Sep 24, 2016
I installed this rom yesterday it is a perfect rom

1. Volte works perfectly for me
2. Battery life is better than stock
3. Performance is far better than stock rom. The UI is very smooth
4. All banking app works perfectly on this rom. Including Google tez is working perfectly on this rom * i have not rooted my device*
5. Camera quality is same as the stock rom but as mentioned by other users video recording will not work with stock camera app, but using footej camera from play store will fix that issue
6. Sound quality is as in stock rom
7. Hotspot, Bluetooth, location services working perfectly
8. Fingerprint sensor works. But the gestures are nit working

Thank you for this wonderful rom

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Sorry for asking but i'm not a pro like you....
so this is the procedure

Installation
Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
Reboot in Bootloader Mode
Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Wipe Dalvik cache
Install the ROM zip
DO NOT REBOOT
Install the Gapps zip
Reboot

so i want to know i should not wipe system from twrp ??
You should first make a buck up of your stock rom from the twrp menu. Thats for you own safety. If something goes rom it will be helpfull

And make sure you are on the latest version of stock rom (s244) because it is necessary for volte to work on this rom

Last edited:
May 28, 2010
Mladá Boleslav
I installed this rom yesterday it is a perfect rom

1. Volte works perfectly for me
2. Battery life is better than stock
3. Performance is far better than stock rom. The UI is very smooth
4. All banking app works perfectly on this rom. Including Google tez is working perfectly on this rom * i have not rooted my device*
5. Camera quality is same as the stock rom but as mentioned by other users video recording will not work with stock camera app, but using footej camera from play store will fix that issue
6. Sound quality is as in stock rom
7. Hotspot, Bluetooth, location services working perfectly
8. Fingerprint sensor works. But the gestures are nit working

Thank you for this wonderful rom

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

You should first make a buck up of your stock rom from the twrp menu. Thats for you own safety. If something goes rom it will be helpfull

And make sure you are on the latest version of stock rom (s244) because it is necessary for volte to work on this rom

Video recording does not work in system camera app? Why is that, Im just on the edge of unlocking my bootloader, but I want to be sure that it will be upgrade, not that half of features stop working.

mojoman11

Jun 16, 2017
Delhi
Video recording does not work in system camera app? Why is that, Im just on the edge of unlocking my bootloader, but I want to be sure that it will be upgrade, not that half of features stop working.
It's a lineage bug. It works with footej camera app as mentioned. Right now The only bug is the fp gestures and the battery slider on the side. Otherwise everything works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install-Lineage-OS-ROM.jpg

LineageOS 14.1
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.0 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Working
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Camcorder
    • HDR may be broken on third party apps
    • VoLTE
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Fast charger
    • LEDs
    • FP gestures

Not Working/Bugs
    • OneKey

Testers
    @Pranay 7
    @Ammo Gowtham
    @Subham
    @Deep Mitra
    @abhayruparel

Installation

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT
    8. Install the Gapps zip
    9. Reboot

Downloads
    AndroidFileHost

Sources
    Kernel
    Device
    Vendor

Note
    Huge thanks to @Alberto97 for help & @wzedlare for initial device bring up.
    Switch to EXT4 for now to root the rom. f2fs thing will be fixed soon.

Donate
    If you liked the work and wish to donate then here is the:
    * paypal *
    paypal.me/FireLord
    [email protected]

* paytm *
    https://goo.gl/76r53R

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][P2] Unfficial LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Lenovo P2

Contributors
    FireLord, mikeioannina, highwaystar_ru, Subham
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: s244 stock and twrp
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-08-28
    Last Updated 2017-11-15
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329060687

#6 20171112
    * update prime (wifi driver) to LA.UM.5.6.r1-06200-89xx.0
    * Fixed fp gestures thx highwaystar
    * Reverted to stock audio hal for now oss is little unstable
    * google assistant is triggered when homebutton is pressed twice instead of long press
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620763589
    #5 20171104
    * Fixed dt2w
    * Fixed glove mode
    * Fixed LEDs (thx mikeng)
    * Switched to oss audio hal (thx to highwaystar)
    * Added burn-in protection
    * Added color mode
    * Latest Security Patch (Oct 5)
    * Merged caf tag LA.UM.5.6.r1-06100-89xx.0 in kernel
    After watching all the reviews from others.. some are saying my ROM is half baked even if I tried a lot to provide usable build, still I failed..
    Some think my los build isn't fast enough so lemme tell I'll not provide further builds for los now..

Wait for official one.

I can understand that the behavior of impatient users is very demotivating. I have not installed one of your ROMs yet since I can't afford to spend time on trying ROMs on my daily driver which I use for work. I have been eager though to see progress on the ROM development for this phone, I have been keeping a close eye on development since day one. I know the effort you, as part of a team, put in to provide LOS to the same impatient users. But as demotivating it may be, don't give up on this device. Most users that appreciate the work done most are more mature and prefer to stay out of the mud slinging that we face daily on this section of the forums.

Keep your cool, and know you are certainly appreciated, just as all the other developers like Mike working on a stable and official LOS for a phone that deserves a future beyond Lenovo's horrible planning. Regardless, thank you for your effort so far.
    * sim disabling: please ignore that option.. don't mess with it! It's just for volte to work, will be fixed soon

* Video recording: it's not working properly so use footej to record.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone