[ROM][7.1.2][P2] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Chillmann

Jul 14, 2012
I also tried highwastars's build, but i have a problem now. I cant get rid of the rom anymore. If i try to wipe data or dalvik/art. Screen turns black + blue led.
Wiping system and cache r working. But the reinstallation of my previous rom wouldnt boot. Also Ending up with blue led and black screen. Restoring my Nan-backup stops after restoring system and gives me blue led, black screen as well. Only rom boots is highways's build where i can see that all setting that i changed r still not at their defaults. Any1 knows whats going on?

Reactions: kanwaljeetsm

antond57

Mar 21, 2010
Woerden
I also tried highwastars's build, but i have a problem now. I cant get rid of the rom anymore. If i try to wipe data or dalvik/art. Screen turns black + blue led.
Wiping system and cache r working. But the reinstallation of my previous rom wouldnt boot. Also Ending up with blue led and black screen. Restoring my Nan-backup stops after restoring system and gives me blue led, black screen as well. Only rom boots is highways's build where i can see that all setting that i changed r still not at their defaults. Any1 knows whats going on?

Then probably the data partition is encrypted. Format the data partition with TWRP in EXT4. It is important not to set a startup / boot password because then the data partition will be re-encrypted.

I have good experiences with the 2 latest Highwaystar's builds (20171220 and 20171223). Stable, everything works. The battery lasts 4 to 5 days. The onekey also works (powersave) but I did not use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chillmann

ASP02

Aug 22, 2014
Then probably the data partition is encrypted. Format the data partition with TWRP in EXT4. It is important not to set a startup / boot password because then the data partition will be re-encrypted.

I have good experiences with the 2 latest Highwaystar's builds (20171220 and 20171223). Stable, everything works. The battery lasts 4 to 5 days. The onekey also works (powersave) but I did not use it.
I can't find the 20171223 version anywhere.. latest I can see is 20171220

Chillmann

Jul 14, 2012
Then probably the data partition is encrypted. Format the data partition with TWRP in EXT4. It is important not to set a startup / boot password because then the data partition will be re-encrypted. [...]

Do u mean pin or pattern to unlock the phone?
Because i never set up any other password and never had such trouble with any other rom, i dont understand the difference between highwaystar's los and many of the other custom roms.

antond57

Mar 21, 2010
Woerden
Do u mean pin or pattern to unlock the phone?
Because i never set up any other password and never had such trouble with any other rom, i dont understand the difference between highwaystar's los and many of the other custom roms.

No problem to secure the phone with a pin, pattern and so on. But do not set a pin or pattern during startup.

antond57

Mar 21, 2010
Woerden
hello, i lost root in lineage 14.1, which zip flash? i try addonsu-14.1-arm64-signed.zip but not work, root checker no root

You must enable this under settings, Developer options, Root access, Applications and ADB.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Is there rom battery-friendly? or it consumes much power?

If it is good at battery, can you explain steps to save more battery?

With the standard balanced mode, the battery lasts for 4 to 5 days.
The Onekey switches the energy saving mode on (with the Highwaystar's build), recognizable by the red bars on the screen. I have no experiences with it.

rs260995

Jul 23, 2017
flash twrp 3.1 and then wipe the partitons, it should work then

kanwaljeetsm

Dec 26, 2015
Had the same problem,i couldnt even wipe any thing nor boot into system,flashing factory images via fastboot worked out!

Last edited:

Chillmann

Jul 14, 2012
flash twrp 3.1 and then wipe the partitons, it should work then

Had the same problem,i couldnt even wipe any thing nor boot into system,flashing factory images via fastboot worked out!

THX for reply

I figured it out yesterday. First I formatted data partition. Gave me some errors and left me with a, i believe completly deleted partion (0mb free and 0mb used)
Then used repair/change filesystem to change f2fs again in order to restore my nand backup again. Back to my aicp Installation :victory:

Reactions: kanwaljeetsm

Tarif.tk

Jul 9, 2016
Guwahati Assam
In my case Fp gesture is not working so I decided to downgrade to the order build.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Thank you for your hard working #firelord . Hay i have tryed tolte 6 los.zip but not satisfy me any of them. So can you please make a rom that's support properly 1. fp gessture 2. video recording 3. 4.Volte and 5 substratum theme engine. And also dolby atmos. If you do this you will my hero! Thanks

bnayagrawal

Apr 20, 2013
Bangalore
www.bnayagrawal.xyz
Guys, VoLte while roaming is not working. I tried other custom ROMs (i know they are based on the same lineage source) but no luck. Only working in stock ROM. If there's a workaround for this issue then please let me know. I have to use Jio4g voice to make or receive calls (voice is not clear/audible sometimes). Thanks!

Last edited:

Msharu73

Dec 30, 2017
Hi all, recently flashed LOS ROM. Awesome and almost all stock features are working, except Side Key. Just one small question. Can the position of the CLEAR ALL button (used to clear Recents) be changed and placed below the Recents cards instead of above? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install-Lineage-OS-ROM.jpg

LineageOS 14.1
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.0 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Working
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Camcorder
    • HDR may be broken on third party apps
    • VoLTE
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Fast charger
    • LEDs
    • FP gestures

Not Working/Bugs
    • OneKey

Testers
    @Pranay 7
    @Ammo Gowtham
    @Subham
    @Deep Mitra
    @abhayruparel

Installation
    Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT
    8. Install the Gapps zip
    9. Reboot

Downloads
    AndroidFileHost

Sources
    Kernel
    Device
    Vendor

Note
    Huge thanks to @Alberto97 for help & @wzedlare for initial device bring up.
    Switch to EXT4 for now to root the rom. f2fs thing will be fixed soon.

Donate
    If you liked the work and wish to donate then here is the:
    * paypal *
    paypal.me/FireLord
    [email protected]

* paytm *
    https://goo.gl/76r53R

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][P2] Unfficial LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Lenovo P2

Contributors
    FireLord, mikeioannina, highwaystar_ru, Subham
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: s244 stock and twrp
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-08-28
    Last Updated 2017-11-15
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329060687

#6 20171112
    * update prime (wifi driver) to LA.UM.5.6.r1-06200-89xx.0
    * Fixed fp gestures thx highwaystar
    * Reverted to stock audio hal for now oss is little unstable
    * google assistant is triggered when homebutton is pressed twice instead of long press
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620763589
    #5 20171104
    * Fixed dt2w
    * Fixed glove mode
    * Fixed LEDs (thx mikeng)
    * Switched to oss audio hal (thx to highwaystar)
    * Added burn-in protection
    * Added color mode
    * Latest Security Patch (Oct 5)
    * Merged caf tag LA.UM.5.6.r1-06100-89xx.0 in kernel
    After watching all the reviews from others.. some are saying my ROM is half baked even if I tried a lot to provide usable build, still I failed..
    Some think my los build isn't fast enough so lemme tell I'll not provide further builds for los now..

Wait for official one.

I can understand that the behavior of impatient users is very demotivating. I have not installed one of your ROMs yet since I can't afford to spend time on trying ROMs on my daily driver which I use for work. I have been eager though to see progress on the ROM development for this phone, I have been keeping a close eye on development since day one. I know the effort you, as part of a team, put in to provide LOS to the same impatient users. But as demotivating it may be, don't give up on this device. Most users that appreciate the work done most are more mature and prefer to stay out of the mud slinging that we face daily on this section of the forums.

Keep your cool, and know you are certainly appreciated, just as all the other developers like Mike working on a stable and official LOS for a phone that deserves a future beyond Lenovo's horrible planning. Regardless, thank you for your effort so far.
    * sim disabling: please ignore that option.. don't mess with it! It's just for volte to work, will be fixed soon

* Video recording: it's not working properly so use footej to record.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone