[ROM][7.1.2][SM-G531H/BT] LineageOS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE

Search This thread

Cyberavater

Jun 6, 2018
New bug found, ''Bluetooth headset doesn't work''.

Hi all,
I paired my phone with bluetooth headset, and when I'm calling I hear nothing. Headset works for music and buttons works as in instruction, but not for the most important thing it's made. On the stock ROM headset worked perfect.
Somebody experience this problem? Solution?

Yes I'm having the same problem here. Perhaps they should update bug log.

remilia15

Jan 1, 2017
/dev/ram
Reactions: Cyberavater

remilia15

Jan 1, 2017
/dev/ram
BETA-6 is up!
Surprisingly, this is a beta not "stable" build, and the reason was: the buglist. Every "stable" changelogs will be reverted to beta
Anyway, changes:
  • Google Play is now certified, ready for SafetyNet pass (Google Pay and some games like Pokemon Go should run well)
  • Fixed random RIL crash during mobile data usage
  • Removed Sammy's zswap implementation, instead using Linux 4.3 one, fixes random crash due to NULL pointer deferrence
  • Enabled sdcardfs for enhanced performance
  • Updated buglist (please check OP!)

Download link updated in OP!

Last edited:

Gef1

Apr 6, 2018
São Paulo
Hi everyone. I keep experiencing reboots, they happens when I use mobile data after some time the phone loses the network, then the screen freezes then the reboot. Some fix for this?

Reactions: Oussama1919

oscar.410

Jun 19, 2018
BETA-6 is up!
Surprisingly, this is a beta not "stable" build, and the reason was: the buglist. Every "stable" changelogs will be reverted to beta
Anyway, changes:
Google Play is now certified, ready for SafetyNet pass (Google Pay and some games like Pokemon Go should run well)
Removed Sammy's zswap implementation, instead using Linux 4.3 one, fixes random crash due to NULL pointer deferrence
Updated buglist (please check OP!)

Is the best rom! But have a battery drain, the phone gets hot and the microphone have a low sensitivy, the voice sounds cut :(
(Sorry for my bad english) but i hope to help to make it even better

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

BETA-6 is up!
Anyway, changes:
Google Play is now certified, ready for SafetyNet pass (Google Pay and some games like Pokemon Go should run well)
Removed Sammy's zswap implementation, instead using Linux 4.3 one, fixes random crash due to NULL pointer deferrence
Updated buglist (please check OP!)

Is the best rom! But have a battery drain, the phone gets hot and the microphone have a low sensitivy, the voice sounds cut.
Sorry for my bad english but i hope to help to make it even better

Cyberavater

Jun 6, 2018
Thanks for the reply, I'm using this new version of the ROM. The reboots take time to happen but they still present when I use the mobile data.

Tbh I don't use mobile data maybe that's why I'm not finding such problems but I found a new one that it doesn't show contacts saved in sim card nor it allows to save new ones, like stock rom did! I'm I the only one with this problem?

Cyberavater

Jun 6, 2018
Crashes into bootloop while using it.

It crashed into bootloop just when I was watching youtube. This doesn't happen all the time, it's more like a rare bug.

May 21, 2018
Thanks for the reply, I'm using this new version of the ROM. The reboots take time to happen but they still present when I use the mobile data.

Yeah I have found it too. But it happens sometimes. Only had once after installation. But the main problem is other reboots which occurs sometimes without any cause. If RR 5.8.5 hadn't some app crushing issue I think that could be perfect.:p

Oussama1919

Jul 4, 2018
Random reboot after long usage mobile data still ther ☹
please fix it everything is perfect except that bug ? (I'm using the latest update ..)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.x (N), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM, MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE MODEL IS THE SAME AS TITLE
    IF YOU ASK ANY QUESTIONS LIKE "IS THIS FOR MODEL BLABLABLA" THEY WILL BE ALL IGNORGED

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    • are running a custom kernel
    • have flashed mods
    • modified system files
    • didn't follow our intructions word by word
    • are unfriendly
    • And most important: DON'T READ THE OP

What's working:
    • Everything except in BUGS/Not working list

BUGS/Not working :
    • No FM radio (unsupported on this platform)
    • Offline charging works but NO animations
    • STK hangs after choosing a subscription in the menu
    • Bluetooth headset doesn't work with calls (confirmed by users)

First time installing LineageOS 14.1 to your Galaxy Grand Prime VE, or coming from another ROM:
    • Install TWRP Recovery
    • Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo (Vol-up+Home+Power)
    • Do a Nandroid backup! (Optional and only if you weren't running TouchWiz before)
    • WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition + format /system partition)*
    • Install the ROM from sdcard using TWRP Recovery
    • Optionally install the Google Apps ( get it here: https://opengapps.org ) (pico GAPPS recommended) (*)

NOTE: First boot might take long time, due to deodexed build, so don't consider bootloop!!
    Upgrading from an older build of this ROM
    • Wipe system partition, wipe dalvik-cache but not data partition
    • Optionally install Google Apps (GAPPS) (link above)

(*) NOTE: If you're about going to install GAPPS with ROM, install it right after you've installed the ROM, else you have to do a factory reset if you've booted the ROM first

BETA-6: Drive link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Contributors
    doesntexits, remilia15
    Source Code: https://github.com/remilia15/android_device_samsung_grandprimeve3g/tree/cm-14.1

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock 5.1.1
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 6
    Beta Release Date: 2018-06-12

Created 2016-11-28
    Last Updated 2020-03-18
    CHANGELOG

F.A.Q

Q: ROM startup too slow?
    A: Nope, just because you haven't done a factory reset before installing the ROM

Q: ETAs?
    A: See here: Link

Q: Anymore models supported?
    A: SM-G531BT

Q: Is init.d supported on this ROM?
    A: Every CyanogenMod ROMs support init.d, so be free at scriptings

Q: Can you include ABCXYZ feature / Samsung Apps here?
    A: NO!

Q: Can I use your ROM as a base for portings?
    A: Yes, you could, but give proper credits

Q: Server error in Google Play Store?
    A: Install latest Google Play Services manually first (might take long time, due to Lollipop's nature), then you can install apps from GG Play as usual

Q: How to use adoptable storage feature? I see it's new in Marshmallow
    A: Go to Settings >> Storage & USB >> Tap on the SD card label (not the eject icon) >> 3 dots menu on the top right >> Settings >> Format as internal and done!

Q: Where's the MTP option in Marshmallow? I don't see it in Storage settings
    A: This feature has been moved to Developer settings, and will reset to default (Charging) after every reboots. Enable developer options first by tapping 7 times on Build number in About phone section >> Go to Developer settings >> Select USB configuration. The fastest way to do this is plug in your USB with your PC, scroll down notification bar and tap on "USB for Charging"

Q: Where's the "running" section in Apps settings?
    A: It has been cut off separately to Memory setting and "Running services" in Developer settings. You can see the memory used by apps for a period of time and closing apps too, but they won't disappear in the menu, and in "Running services", still same as old-fashioned running apps section

Q: Can't install GAPPS?
    A: Install TWRP 3.0.2.0
    BETA-5 is up! Changes:
    1. Partially fixed HDR camera. If you want to take HDR pictures, just don't use other resolutions than 8MP
    2. Fully fixed GPS. Now it should function properly
    3. Hopefully fix random reboots during long mobile data usage
    4. Switched to new mali GPU driver. GPU frequency scaling implemented in kernel
    5. Fixed 720p60 video playback in OGYouTube and some other apps
    6. Downgraded kernel source for stability

[NOTE]: Don't install RZ Kernel on this build. It'll stuck on boot logo due to old mali driver. I'll update it whenever I have time

And FYI guys, I'm going on work with Oreo from now, so please don't ask about it till I release it. If you want to know the latest news, join our channel here: https://t.me/gpvechannel

Regards,
    Remi-chan
    BETA-4 is up! Changes:
    1. Updated to latest mainstream version (android-7.1.2_r2)
    2. Fixed contacts importing
    3. Added support for Google's SW FLAC music decoder
    4. Removed useless features (like automatic brightness, etc...)
    5. Support single-SIM variant

P/s: I'll make another BETA-4 build tomorrow. Just for supporting single-SIM variant (so nobody will get confused)

Edit: Updated link and changelog

[NOTE]: If you experience random reboots, please update to the latest stock firmware