• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Rom][7.1.2][SM-T320]Resurrection Remix 5.8.10 (N) (28/01/19) (mondrianwifi)

Search This thread

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
ok i finally figure this out how to get netflix to work unfortunately i cant installed google play as long as google play is installed and i cant pass safetynet with this tablet anymore and apps that detect root example netflix will not work. So i have to sideload the apps i use individually since i only use this tablet for watching videos netflix, hulu, prime video etc... i can live without using it for anything other than watching videos.... Im just getting a kindle Fire 7 or 8 when it goes on sale around the holidays ty for this rom :):):):):good::good::good:

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

I need help.......
My tablet doesn't start anymore
It stays on the Lineage icon, with the blue circle going from right to left...............forever !
I tried to download the latest ROM (zip), put it on the SD card and clicked on Install from TWRP, but it returns an error saying "zip signature verification failed"....!!!
What should I do?
Thanks

Hey French guy are you sure you are using the correct rom and you download it correctly example it didnt get corrupted as you download it. If you installing the rom on this forum it should be " [Rom][7.1.2][SM-T320]Resurrection Remix 5.8.10 (N) (28/01/19) (mondrianwifi) and the logo should be this weird pink and purple blob thingy lol. Also before you install the rom make sure you do an Advance Wipe and check everything example, dalvik/art cache, data, internal storage, system, cache, and dont check micro sd card and usb otg. Once everything has been wipe you go to install and install the rom.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Last edited:

French_guy

Jul 10, 2014
ok i finally figure this out how to get netflix to work unfortunately i cant installed google play as long as google play is installed and i cant pass safetynet with this tablet anymore and apps that detect root example netflix will not work. So i have to sideload the apps i use individually since i only use this tablet for watching videos netflix, hulu, prime video etc... i can live without using it for anything other than watching videos.... Im just getting a kindle Fire 7 or 8 when it goes on sale around the holidays ty for this rom :):):):):good::good::good:

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Hey French guy are you sure you are using the correct rom and you download it correctly example it didnt get corrupted as you download it. If you installing the rom on this forum it should be " [Rom][7.1.2][SM-T320]Resurrection Remix 5.8.10 (N) (28/01/19) (mondrianwifi) and the logo should be this weird pink and purple blob thingy lol. Also before you install the rom make sure you do an Advance Wipe and check everything example, dalvik/art cache, data, internal storage, system, cache, and dont check micro sd card and usb otg. Once everything has been wipe you go to install and install the rom.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

This is the file I'm using: RR-N-v5.8.10-20190128-mondrianwifi-Unofficial
I tried 1 more time without "verify zip signature", and it seems to work
And yes, I have the pink and purple turning blobs thing.........
Then I tried to download some Gapps package...It seems to install fine, but at the end I can't sign in into Play store nor Google. That's weird
I think I will try again to reinstall everything......not sure I did the Advanced Wipe properly
What Gapps package should I download for this ROM by the way?
Thanks for your help

waylo

May 9, 2010
I need help.......
My tablet doesn't start anymore
It stays on the Lineage icon, with the blue circle going from right to left...............forever !
I tried to download the latest ROM (zip), put it on the SD card and clicked on Install from TWRP, but it returns an error saying "zip signature verification failed"....!!!
What should I do?
Thanks

Find an earlier .zip. Maybe your zip is faulty.

You should boot into recovery mode. Wipe your existing install (if you don't have anything important on it). And then try flashing again.

I had this issue with many of the May builds for some reason. Just would not install or update at all.

French_guy

Jul 10, 2014
Find an earlier .zip. Maybe your zip is faulty.

You should boot into recovery mode. Wipe your existing install (if you don't have anything important on it). And then try flashing again.

I had this issue with many of the May builds for some reason. Just would not install or update at all.

I was able to re-install it after doing this time an Advanced Wipe
It seems to work just fine now (but I had to uncheck the "verify zip signature" box though)

Thanks

Reactions: jasmineloveflower

French_guy

Jul 10, 2014
Good to hear! Were you installing this RR ROM?

Yes....RR-N-v5.8.10-20190128-mondrianwifi-Unofficial
I think it's the latest one (Nougat 7.1.2)
And I installed this Gapps package: open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20191006

Seems to work.......I was able to install Kodi and VLC
Will see tonight how stable the wifi connection is when I stream from my server (Unraid)

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
Yes....RR-N-v5.8.10-20190128-mondrianwifi-Unofficial
I think it's the latest one (Nougat 7.1.2)
And I installed this Gapps package: open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20191006

Seems to work.......I was able to install Kodi and VLC
Will see tonight how stable the wifi connection is when I stream from my server (Unraid)

yah i installed all my favorite apps too like netflix, hulu, primed video and kodi without installing google gapps just cause stupid netflix doesnt like rooted devices so i have to install it without google playstore.

French_guy

Jul 10, 2014
yah i installed all my favorite apps too like netflix, hulu, primed video and kodi without installing google gapps just cause stupid netflix doesnt like rooted devices so i have to install it without google playstore.

Are you saying Netflix works as long as you don't install the Gapps package?
How do you install the other apps such as VLC, Kodi, etc....without that package?

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
Are you saying Netflix works as long as you don't install the Gapps package?
How do you install the other apps such as VLC, Kodi, etc....without that package?

Ok this is called side-loading apps i use the app apkpure you can get it from this website www.apkpure.com and download apps directly from there app just as if you was using google playstore, the app downloads and then installs. On the other hand, Netflix of course this app is a pain of the but you have to go to netflix website and download the app for incompatible devices and it works https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688. If you was to install the updated Netflix app it would come back with an error saying its needs google but this old 2017 app works just fine.

Last edited:

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
I figured it out using "Via"
I installed apkpure, and then was able to install VLC, Kodi and also Netflix thru the link you provided
However, I can't have Gmail running......It says I need the Google store
Any idea?

hi french guy i only use the tablet for movies since not having google playstore i cant use any google apps like gmail, youtube and chrome however, you can use your Via Browser for google stuff. What i did was i open up Via browser and in the browser settings i set www.google.com as my home page then i sign in as im sign in i can view my email through browser and also view youtube videos and such.

French_guy

Jul 10, 2014
hi french guy i only use the tablet for movies since not having google playstore i cant use any google apps like gmail, youtube and chrome however, you can use your Via Browser for google stuff. What i did was i open up Via browser and in the browser settings i set www.google.com as my home page then i sign in as im sign in i can view my email through browser and also view youtube videos and such.

Hi
I've been using my tablet twice to stream movies from my server......
Well, i still have frequent network interruptions. I have to tap on the wifi icon to turn it off, then turn it on again, then go back to the list of movies (in VLC) and I can restart it from where it stopped
Is there something to setup to avoid this? Or a driver to install somehow?
I don't think it comes from my wifi, because I can stream from the same server through my Amazon Fire stick 4k with no issue at all....!

Thanks

waylo

May 9, 2010
Hi
Well, i still have frequent network interruptions. I have to tap on the wifi icon to turn it off, then turn it on again, then go back to the list of movies (in VLC) and I can restart it from where it stopped
I don't think it comes from my wifi, because I can stream from the same server through my Amazon Fire stick 4k with no issue at all....!

Thanks

What method are you using to stream the movies? Are you just logging into the server with a file explorer and pulling the movie that way? Or Plex?

waylo

May 9, 2010
using VLC, that's it......no Plex

Hmm, I haven't had the chance to try this ROM specifically, but I haven't had any disconnects using the last Lineage 14 nightly and MX Player. If you're not too attached to this ROM, you could try that. Though I don't know if there are any significant driver or wifi differences between the two.

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
Hmm, I haven't had the chance to try this ROM specifically, but I haven't had any disconnects using the last Lineage 14 nightly and MX Player. If you're not too attached to this ROM, you could try that. Though I don't know if there are any significant driver or wifi differences between the two.

OMG please provide us with the link when i was using an old lineage rom netflix work with google play.. Also can you tell me if netflix works on your lineage rom ty.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Hi

Thanks

Hey French guy i would suggest which i was force to do was buy a new battery for your tablet cause this tablet is soooooo old that probably might be causing issues with you wifi .
I order one on monday on amazon for 17 dollars a kit that comes with tools and plastic lift thing to help remove the case. I Install it today and so far noooooo More screen flickering, reboots, the tablet can hold a charge now and wifi performance seem to improved as well so try it, it might help your issues. :)

YAH! i found link with the last 9-29-2019 lineageOS rom for Sam Tab 8.4
https://nyyu.dev/builds im going to install and test i tell you guys later how did it work.

Last edited:
Reactions: tpjets62

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
Was it not too difficult to replace the battery?

Nope it wasn't hard at all, trust me I was freaking nervous like crazy there are several videos on YouTube that explained how to change it. All you need is a little patients in removing the case don't rush removing as well make sure when you are prying it open with the plastic pliers the kit provides and remove it as gently as you can applying a little pressure as well and the case begins to open. Once open all you have to do is remove the 4 screws on the battery remove it gently and then replace with new one. Screw up the new battery back on and snap on the case back on then power up the tablet and there you go. So far my tablet held up 6hrs without charging with 55% battery life that came with the battery when I order it. At the moment it is working beautiful like it is brand new all cause of mostly due to battery failure that the tablet was acting up. Now to find the perfect ROM :eek::):good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

● Resurrection Remix OS Nougat

● Included Main Features

● Resurrection Remix OS 5.8.10 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)

● Features

● Based On Latest Google Android 7.1.2

● Crowdin for translations : https://crowdin.com/project/resurrectionremix/

● Main Features ▼

● Theme Engine ▼

- Full Substratum(OMS) theme support

● Navigation bar ▼

- Enable/Disable Navbar
    - Navbar color tint
    - Navbar Button Customization smartbar
    - Navbar Pulse
    - Navbar Fling
    - Double Tap to sleep navbar

● Statusbar ▼

- Brightness Slider
    - Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    - SuperUser Indicator Switch
    - Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
    - Carrier Label
    - Carrier Label Switch
    - Carrier label Color
    - Carrier Label Size
    - Clock Customizations
    - Time & date
    - Day & date Toogle
    - Center/Right/Left Clock Choice
    - Date Format
    - Clock Font Styles

● Battery ▼

- Battery Bar customization
    - Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
    - Battery % Text

● Network Traffic Indicator ▼

- Network Traffic Arrows Switch
    - Incoming/OutGoing Traffic
    - Network traffic Color

● Statusbar RR Logo ▼

- RR logo Color
    - Position

● Custom Logos ▼

- logo Color
    - Position
    - Style

● StatusBar Weather ▼

- Weather Color
    - Weather Position(left/right)
    - Weather Font Style
    - Weather Size

● StatusBar Ticker ▼

- Ticker Text color
    - Ticker Icon Color

● Animations ▼

- Toast Animations
    - ListView Animations
    - System Animations
    - QS tile Animations
    - Power Menu Animations
    - Misc Animations

● Gestures ▼

- Gestures Anywhere Feature
    - 3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture

● App Circle Bar ▼

- Choose apps in AppSidebar
    - Trigger Width
    - Trigger Hieght
    - Trigger Position

● App Sidebar ▼

- Choose apps in App circle
    - Trigger Width
    - Trigger Hieght
    - Trigger Position

● Pie Control ▼

- Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom)
    - Pie Targets
    - Pie Colors
    - More Pie Features

● Recents Panel ▼

- Clear All button Switch
    - Clear All Tasks Switch
    - Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
    - Full Screen Recents
    - Recents Styles
    - OmniSwitch

● Cclock Widget ▼

- CLock And Alarm Customizations
    - Weather Panel Customizations
    - Calender Events

● LockScreen ▼

- Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
    - Lockscreen General Shorcuts
    - 100+ Icons for Shortcuts
    - Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
    - Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
    - Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
    - LockScreen Wallpaper
    - Lockscreen Weather Widget
    - Lockscreen Icons Color

● Quick Settings Draggable Tiles ▼

- Customizable Tiles
    - Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment
    - Number of columns/rows
    - Tile Animations

● Notification Drawer ▼

- Task manager
    - Custom headers
    - LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
    - Disable Immersive Mode Messages
    - Force Expand Notification
    - Quick PullDown
    - Smart Pulldown
    - Notification Panel Transperency
    - Volume Dialog Transperency
    - Notification Panel Stroke
    - Volume Dialog Stroke

● Buttons ▼

- Backlight Timer
    - Backlight Strength

● Advanced Reboot Menu ▼

- Power Off
    - Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot)
    - ScreenShot
    - Power Menu End Calls Switch
    - Restart SystemUI
    - Airplane Mode
    - ScreenRecord
    - On the Go Mode
    - Sound Panel

● Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only) ▼

- Home Button answer call
    - Long Press Actions
    - Double Tap Actions

● Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only) ▼

- Short Press Actions
    - Long Press Actions

● Search Button(If Device Supports) ▼

- Short Press Action
    - Long Press Action

● Volume Buttons ▼

- Wake Up Device
    - Playback Control
    - Ringtone Volume Control
    - Keyboard Cursor Control
    - Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
    - Volume Key Answer

● Miscellaneous ▼

- Selinux Switch (Switch Between Permissive and Enforcing Selinux if Device has Selinux Enabled)
    - cLock Shortcut
    - Disable Battery Saver Warning Color
    - OTA Updates
    - Cammera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable

● SystemUI Tuner ▼

- Enabled By default
    - Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP
    - StatusBar Icons Cuzomizations
    - Quick Settings Customizations

● Other Features ▼

- Perfomance Profiles
    - LCD Density
    - Expanded Desktop Mode
    - Heads Up Switch and customizations
    - Live Display
    - Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation
    - Lock Screen Autorotate Switch
    - Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow
    - Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture
    - Prevent Accidental Wakeup
    - Wake Phone on Charging Plug
    - Battery Light Customizations
    - Notification Light Customizations
    - Font Size
    - CM privacy guard
    - RR OTA
    - CM root inbuilt
    - New RR Configurations
    - Overall Smoothness Improvements
    - Optimizations to Improve Battery
    - Includes all Android Nougat Features
    - Includes all CM14.1 Features
    - And much much more ...

I'm happy to release the best and last RR version for SM-T320.

Instalation:
    -Flash Latest ROM
    -Flash gapps (7.1)
    -Flash any root (LosSU, SuperSU, Magisk)

Links:

Twrp:
    Official TWRP-3.2.3.0

ROM:

RR-N-v5.8.10-20190128-mondrianwifi-Unofficial.zip

RR-N-v5.8.10-20181028-mondrianwifi-Nightly.zip

RR-N-v5.8.5-20180916-mondrianwifi-Unofficial.zip

RR-N-v5.8.5-20180902-mondrianwifi-Unofficial.zip

RR-N-v5.8.5-20180902-mondrianwifi-Unofficial.zip Mirror

If you like my work please donate via PayPal it will help me a lot: Here

Join Our Telegram Group Here

Source:
    Kernel: link
    Device Tree: link

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurection Remix By Marc0601, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi

Contributors Marc0601
    ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.0
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP
    Based On: Resurrection Remix

Bugs : Camera and flashlight

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v5.8.10-20190128
    Stable Release Date: 2019-01-28

Created 2018-09-03
    Last Updated 2019-01-28
    Hey guys new version is up:
    RR-N-v5.8.5-20180916-mondrianwifi-Unofficial

If you like my work please donate via PayPal: Here

Don't forget to press the thanks button ;)
    Hey Guys New Update is up
    RR-N-v5.8.10-20190128-mondrianwifi-Unofficial.zip

Changelog:
    Memory tweaks, Ram managements should be perfect now?

And here is the link for last official twrp 3.2.3-0 :https://dl.twrp.me/mondrianwifi/
    To update from previous version without losing data:
    1-wipe system and cache and dalvik
    2-flash the rom
    3-flash gapps
    4-flash root
    5-reboot system
    6-enjoy ?

If you like my work please donate via PayPal it will help me a lot: Here

I will release a new update soon on February ?❤️
    Stay tuned ??