[ROM] [7.1.2] [Snapdragon] [MultiVariant] [Unofficial] ResurrectionRemix [01/28/2018]

Search This thread

dhplap

Oct 8, 2015
N.Y.
I mean find a working rom with data then copy that build prop and compare it to the latest RR. See what is diffrent

Well I checked out this build prop and and another one that is working great for me side by side at the same website that Creeper36 used but there is way too much of a difference for me to start changing things. That's WAY out of my league. Thanks for the suggestion though.

cupqwakz37

May 27, 2017
UMMMMM hey you guys , why does my baseband version read CQA1 ? Shouldn't this be CQE1 ? That might account for the data debacle . I'm gonna flash the modem via Odin just for laughs

Last edited:

hsbadr

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 18, 2014
[ROM] [7.1.2] [Snapdragon] [MultiVariant] ResurrectionRemix [06/20/2017]

I've added a new build to DevDB Downloads.

This is a multi-variant build that includes many updates and bug fixes. It also enables SDCardFS (read more here) together with extended support for exFAT, NTFS, EXT4, and F2FS filesystems.

majee12

Mar 22, 2013
Upper West Region
The new sdcard mount is making apps fail to detect the sd files. Only mix explorer is able to detect files but can't manipulate them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

obe1e

Oct 16, 2007
SD Card Access Problems

The new sdcard mount is making apps fail to detect the sd files. Only mix explorer is able to detect files but can't manipulate them.

I'm having the same problems accessing the SD card. The previous version of the ROM had data issues. Does anyone have a solution to this SD card problem? Otherwise it's back to the previous working ROM for me. It would be nice to be able to install and use the ROM for more than a few minutes...

obe1e

Oct 16, 2007
Do I have to reformat my sd card or there is a work around?

I'm looking into that myself right now. I'm uploading all the SD card data onto my network using my Surface Pro 4 to save the data and will reformat the card using the phone. I'll post the results when it's done.

Reactions: majee12

obe1e

Oct 16, 2007
I'm looking into that myself right now. I'm uploading all the SD card data onto my network using my Surface Pro 4 to save the data and will reformat the card using the phone. I'll post the results when it's done.

Preliminarily, The only app that was able to read my original SD card was through the Storage in Settings. I could read and write to the card. No other apps were able to access the data on the card. It seems almost as if it were encrypted or just invisible. I then inserter a different 16 GB SD card, which the phone identified as a New Card. I set it up for use, and it read the content on the card without issues.

I reformatted my original 64GB SD card on the phone. It created the necessary directories. I removed and reinserted the SD card on the phone. I identified it as a New Card, and I set it up. I was then able to access the card without further problems using ES File Manager. I inserted the SD card back into the Surface Pro 4 and transferred my data back onto it. The transfer process is slow due to lots of data on the card, but I will post an update when it finishes.

I hope this helps others get their phones working.

glen5678

Feb 5, 2016
Ontario
Samsung Galaxy S6
SD Card Not Accessible via File Manager

File Manager doesn't work.
It gives me an error that I "This operation requires elevated permissions...."

You can install root browser or simply go to settings then storage to gain access.
You can also gain access via USB cable and PC.

hsbadr

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 18, 2014
SDCard Permissions

It seems that there're some SELinux denials after enabling SDCardFS. I'll address these denials in the next build. For now, try to set SELinux mode to permissive or disable SDCardFS by removing/commenting the following line in build.prop:
Code:
ro.sys.sdcardfs=true

obe1e

Oct 16, 2007
Preliminarily, The only app that was able to read my original SD card was through the Storage in Settings. I could read and write to the card. No other apps were able to access the data on the card. It seems almost as if it were encrypted or just invisible. I then inserter a different 16 GB SD card, which the phone identified as a New Card. I set it up for use, and it read the content on the card without issues.

I reformatted my original 64GB SD card on the phone. It created the necessary directories. I removed and reinserted the SD card on the phone. I identified it as a New Card, and I set it up. I was then able to access the card without further problems using ES File Manager. I inserted the SD card back into the Surface Pro 4 and transferred my data back onto it. The transfer process is slow due to lots of data on the card, but I will post an update when it finishes.

I hope this helps others get their phones working.

Update: This workaround worked for me perfectly. I can now access the SD card without problems.

My thinking is that if I had removed the SD card before flashing the ROM, it would have worked.

Top Liked Posts