• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [7.1.2] [tilapia] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [2021/03/13]

Search This thread

Diotrihhi

Feb 21, 2020
Tried 3x reinstall with complete wipe but root isn't working. In developer options it's activated (Apps+ADB), but my apps doesn't get any root permission.

Oct 12, 2020
Hello, I installed the ROM GPS signal is not working.
1- Agama Car Launcher (android app) (GPS not working)
2- Google maps (android app) (GPS not working)
3- Google Maps (maps.google.com) with Chrome (GPS not working)
4- Yandex maps (android application) (GPS not working)
5- Weather and clock (android app) (does not show local time and weather) (GPS not working)
6- Torque Trip view (GPS not working)

My Nexus is now connected in my car and it is very difficult for me to disassemble it, also the USB connector is broken it is no longer working and I cannot connect to it with the computer.

Sorry for my bad english, i used google translate.

best regards...

JohannesL2021

Feb 7, 2021
Hallo Diotrihhi and hallo ReLoad_Forever (Post #41, #42),
1st Disable or enable root works fine. Please test with "Root Verifyer" (from f-droid) or something similar.
2nd GPS is fast and working with this ROM (on Nexus 7). Is GPS reception possible at the built-in location? Please test with a GPS smartphone at the same place (e.g. Apps like SatStat).
Best regards J

Oct 12, 2020
Hallo Diotrihhi and hallo ReLoad_Forever (Post #41, #42),
1st Disable or enable root works fine. Please test with "Root Verifyer" (from f-droid) or something similar.
2nd GPS is fast and working with this ROM (on Nexus 7). Is GPS reception possible at the built-in location? Please test with a GPS smartphone at the same place (e.g. Apps like SatStat).
Best regards J

Hello, thank you for your interest.
The GPS problem disappeared by itself, in a way that I don't understand. I did a factory reset and I guess that's why it's fixed.
Best regards...

Stephco03

Aug 22, 2018
Bonjour, est-ce que ça serait possible de l’installer sur une tablette HP slate 7 plus 4200ef ?
C’est le même processeur, il a aussi 1Go de ram, vous pensez que c’est possible ?

killeriq

Dec 10, 2008
I just flashed last version on Wiped N73G, Wifi fix is not working / enabled. Unable to connect to any network.
Need to do manually Wifi Fix

"
INSTRUCTION:
copy pmf.sh on /sdcard
boot in twrp
Open a terminal and type adb shell
type this commands :
cd /sdcard
chmod +x pmf.sh
sh pmf.sh
reboot
"

Attachments

• pmf.sh
    567 bytes · Views: 8

killeriq

Dec 10, 2008
@killeriq well, the script should work ... unless you are executing it as a normal user and not as root user or for whatever reason executing shell scripts on /sdcard are not allowed.
well i thought its already fixed in the "ROM" it self , not to do it extra manually.
Main problem is, if you do factory reset then its gone...so explaining to basic user how to run terminal in TWRP is just insane

Ludwich66

Sep 17, 2021
Thanks for creating the ROM.
My tilapa had "suddenly" dropouts. These could not be eliminated (memory chip problem?) The last attempt was this update - with the deletion of Android 5.1.1, the lags also seem to have disappeared. Please keep the Tilapia ROM safe. Great thanks

JohannesL2021

Feb 7, 2021
Yes, thanks for this great ROM. But -as always- one question / open thing:
The Nexus 7 3G 2012 has NFC on board and our ROM is supporting NFC. Only the supported Maximum NDEF storage size ist (with 716 bytes) to short. Apps like 'NFC Extended Length Xposed Fix' don't work. Any hint? (Apps like AusweisApp2 need longer field sizes...)

JohannesL2021

Feb 7, 2021
Hi, a small update to NFC Extended Length Xposed Fix: I install and setup xposed framework. And activated "NFC Extended Length Xposed Fix" App within Xpose...
The "...size to short" message is gone! But the App AusweisApp2 reports still an error message when reading data...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

This ROM is for tilapia (Nexus 7 2012 with 3G). ROM for grouper (Nexus 7 2012 with WiFi) You can find here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-7/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-t4112431

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Device-specific source code:

Downloads:

What works?

• Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, etc.)
    • Camera
    • Video (playback & recording)
    • Audio (playback & recording)
    • GPS
    • Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues:
    • You tell me

Installation Instructions:
    • Make a backup!
    • Install TWRP recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
    • Download the ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data/factory reset if coming from stock or another non-CM ROM (You may get a "staus 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    • Flash the ROM and then GApps
    • Reboot your tablet
    • Enjoy!
    Credits:
    • LineageOS team
    • @AndDiSa - for tree, optimizations and patches
    • @aaopt - for his LOS 14.1 tree
    New March build is available!
    ROM updated with last January security patch!
    ROM updated with last July security patch!
    Hi, i just tried to install your ROM, then Gapps (open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20191116) but im getting "Error 70" saying in above message insufficient space...
    I did factory reset and then format data, copied rom and gapps zip into SDCard folder...

No sure where could be problem.

EDIT: i had to copy "gapps-config-tilapia.txt" into the SDcard folder where is "open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20191116.zip" file, then it works. Wasn't that clear from Install steps.

Thanks