[ROM][7.1.2]UNOFFICIAL AOKP for LG Stylo 2 Plus

Search This thread

cospalet

Jul 9, 2015
houma
BC6xqwI.pngI

AOKP Unofficial For LG Stylo 2 Plus

What is AOKP?
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Screenshots​
137t.png
169t.png
138t.png
142t.png
174t.png
165t.png

Installation​
If you're on stock nougat: factory reset in TWRP and flash ROM. If you're on LineageOS: Wipe dalvik, system, data, cache in TWRP and flash ROM.​

Downloads​

Thanks to:

XDA:DevDB Information
AOKP , ROM for the LG Stylo 2 Plus

Contributors
cospalet, messi2050, c0mpl3xy
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat
Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-23
Last Updated 2017-12-27

Last edited:

savagevegeta

Oct 16, 2017
For all of those people who multitask and notice RAM drops, first off: don't join the GC or you'll get shot ? secondly, after using all ROMs and experimenting, USE LSPEED. These ROMs aren't made with optimization because they're unofficial, but LSpeed set to multitask will completely fix that but don't go haywire since you still only have 2 gigs of RAM.

tuckeran5607

Dec 7, 2014
Florida
Great Work @cospalet

I've just flashed this ROM to be a Daily Driver for my Brother-In-Law. The stock OS was bloated and slow. And he was constantly running out of space. Since this is his DD, any word on any more updates coming down the road? And whether or not they will be OTAS, or you gotta flash the updates? Dirty Flashes work? Just checking in on long-term usability for him.

Love the work by the way.

cospalet

Jul 9, 2015
houma
Great Work @cospalet

I've just flashed this ROM to be a Daily Driver for my Brother-In-Law. The stock OS was bloated and slow. And he was constantly running out of space. Since this is his DD, any word on any more updates coming down the road? And whether or not they will be OTAS, or you gotta flash the updates? Dirty Flashes work? Just checking in on long-term usability for him.

Love the work by the way.

You should use the 64 bit version since i will update it more often you will have to flash updates but a dirty flash is fine

tuckeran5607

Dec 7, 2014
Florida
You should use the 64 bit version since i will update it more often you will have to flash updates but a dirty flash is fine

Hi,

I did try flashing the 64bit version. But it didn't take. Tried it multiple times. I forget the error I was seeing, but twrp didn't like it. I was using the 64bit version of twrp, found on the 64bit lineage ROM..

For now, he'll stick with 32bit version.

And I'll just buy him a new phone next year like the Honor7X

kingtchr

Jul 27, 2009
Hello and thanks! I am stuck in boot loop. Wont get past the "cant verify security" quickly flashes LG screen and then loops. Any help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BC6xqwI.pngI

AOKP Unofficial For LG Stylo 2 Plus

What is AOKP?
    AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Screenshots​
    137t.png
    169t.png
    138t.png
    142t.png
    174t.png
    165t.png

Installation​
    If you're on stock nougat: factory reset in TWRP and flash ROM. If you're on LineageOS: Wipe dalvik, system, data, cache in TWRP and flash ROM.​

Downloads​

Thanks to:

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP , ROM for the LG Stylo 2 Plus

Contributors
    cospalet, messi2050, c0mpl3xy
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-23