[ROM][7.1.2][Unofficial] Dirty Unicorns 11 Nougat LG G4 [H815/H811]

Search This thread

gibbsnich

Aug 4, 2011
aobn8kbb.png

Dirty Unicorns 11 Nougat LG G4 [H815/H811]

About Dirty Unicorns:
Dirty Unicorns is a project that started out with no name. It was a project that was first based off AOKP back in the early days of Jelly Bean. In the early days it was just a one man show on one device, the EVO 3D. Since then, many others have joined the project and it has grown exponentially.

We have seen a lot of talent contribute to this project of ours. Big or small, the focus was always on contributing to the community. That is ultimately why we do what we do. After Jelly Bean, we decided to move to a new base, OmniROM. While AOKP was fun, OmniROM proved to be even more exciting base because it challenged us to see what we could do with a project that had different goals in mind. We learned a lot and again, gain contributors. With Lollipop, we moved to an AOSP base with a lot of patches from CAF to make our older devices function as they should. We grew even more and learned a whole lot more.

It has been an awesome learning experience and is still not over! We are still learning every day and continue to move forward. Lastly, we DO NOT accept, nor ask, for donations. We don't believe in that. Everything that is necessary to keep this project going is out of our own pocket. Gerrit, Jenkins, Websites, Devices, etc. We will never ask for a dime. All we do ask, is that you have patience, search, read and try to enjoy the process with us!!

ROM Source: [url]https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns[/URL]
Kernel Source: [url]https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns/android_kernel_lge_msm8992[/URL]
My Changes: [url]https://github.com/gibbsnich[/URL]

Flashing Instructions:

- Verify that you're using the latest version of TWRP
- Perform a FULL WIPE (wipe system/data/cache) if coming from another ROM or a different version of Android
- Flash the latest version of this ROM
- Flash recommended GAPPS linked below
- Reboot and ENJOY!!
**If you fail to follow these instructions, please don't bother reporting any bugs**
**If you use Xposed, please don't bother reporting any bugs**
**If you use another kernel, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

Credit and Thanks:

We would like to give thanks to everyone that contributes to the Android community, big or small because every bit counts. Although we can't list each and every contributor within the Android community, we would like to highlight some of the teams and individuals that have made it possible NOT only with just this version of DU but throughout the years because we don't ever want to forget where we came from nor those that have helped us!

That said, on behalf of the DU team we say THANKS to....

JMZ Software
Baby Jesus
Code Aurora Forum
Omni ROM
Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
Android Ice Cold Project (AICP)
XDA-Developers
SlimROMs
Preludedrew
Max Weninger
Team Black Out
CyanogenMod
Pure Nexus Project

**If we have left someone or some team out, we apologize and please PM us**

Download Links:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1.2][Unofficial] Dirty Unicorns 11 Nougat LG G4 [H815/H811], ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
gibbsnich
Source Code: https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-11-09
Last Updated 2017-04-10

Last edited:

gibbsnich

Aug 4, 2011
features ? any pictures ? any error report ? downsides and benefits ?
does this mean that this new android 7 dirty unicorns is exactly the same with the previous android 6 version ?

I'll add some screenshots later.
Currently it's pretty much the same as the DU MM version -- of course ported to N and with security patches..
Only problem I discovered until now is that the DPI changer (which is now included in Nougat AOSP) is a bit buggy ("very small" cannot be selected).

Reactions: kessaras

gibbsnich

Aug 4, 2011
Please include H811 as well. Lol

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

Dude just yesterday I learned compiling ROMs and now you request one for another device :eek:
Seriously that's not a top priority for me currently, but if I look at this and this I have to say that a h811 release seems quite possible. I cannot say when or even if this will happen but I'll have a look at it for sure :highfive:

Reactions: blachamlet

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dude just yesterday I learned compiling ROMs and now you request one for another device :eek:
Seriously that's not a top priority for me currently, but if I look at this and this I have to say that a h811 release seems quite possible. I cannot say when or even if this will happen but I'll have a look at it for sure :highfive:
Dude what make you think I will know how and when you did it? Lol

Reactions: MariuszO

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Because I cant, don't have a build box to do so mate. If I would have one long time I would of since I used to maintained DU and all other ROMs like Tesla and Validus.

So now I'm at square one from Dev recognized contributor here to just an user asking for stuff. Lol

myrigon

May 30, 2013
Known Issues:

Currently the SIM card is not working if SuperSu is flashed. Because SuperSu is included with DU by default to have a working SIM card you have to remove SuperSu after flashing (go to SuperSu's options, select Unroot and confirm twice).
To get root back I recommend using phh's SuperUser: Get the flashable zip from http://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/wip-selinux-capable-superuser-t3216394 and flash it. Then go to the app store and install phh's SuperUser app.

Hi there, I'm not having this issue. :good:

Reactions: gibbsnich

myrigon

May 30, 2013
Just had to restore my backup, as my device didn't appear to be accepting a charge. The charge indication displayed as expected, but the percentage wouldn't increase over the course of an hour.

Do you have any ideas? It was a clean install, with MoAB hostsfile being the only installed mod.

gibbsnich

Aug 4, 2011
Just had to restore my backup, as my device didn't appear to be accepting a charge. The charge indication displayed as expected, but the percentage wouldn't increase over the course of an hour.

Do you have any ideas? It was a clean install, with MoAB hostsfile being the only installed mod.

No, sorry, can't reproduce this with a clean flash from today's build..
But I can confirm that SuperSu works now without breaking SIM card :good:

Reactions: ufocus and myrigon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aobn8kbb.png

Dirty Unicorns 11 Nougat LG G4 [H815/H811]

About Dirty Unicorns:
    Dirty Unicorns is a project that started out with no name. It was a project that was first based off AOKP back in the early days of Jelly Bean. In the early days it was just a one man show on one device, the EVO 3D. Since then, many others have joined the project and it has grown exponentially.

We have seen a lot of talent contribute to this project of ours. Big or small, the focus was always on contributing to the community. That is ultimately why we do what we do. After Jelly Bean, we decided to move to a new base, OmniROM. While AOKP was fun, OmniROM proved to be even more exciting base because it challenged us to see what we could do with a project that had different goals in mind. We learned a lot and again, gain contributors. With Lollipop, we moved to an AOSP base with a lot of patches from CAF to make our older devices function as they should. We grew even more and learned a whole lot more.

It has been an awesome learning experience and is still not over! We are still learning every day and continue to move forward. Lastly, we DO NOT accept, nor ask, for donations. We don't believe in that. Everything that is necessary to keep this project going is out of our own pocket. Gerrit, Jenkins, Websites, Devices, etc. We will never ask for a dime. All we do ask, is that you have patience, search, read and try to enjoy the process with us!!

ROM Source: [url]https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns[/URL]
    Kernel Source: [url]https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns/android_kernel_lge_msm8992[/URL]
    My Changes: [url]https://github.com/gibbsnich[/URL]

Flashing Instructions:

- Verify that you're using the latest version of TWRP
    - Perform a FULL WIPE (wipe system/data/cache) if coming from another ROM or a different version of Android
    - Flash the latest version of this ROM
    - Flash recommended GAPPS linked below
    - Reboot and ENJOY!!
    **If you fail to follow these instructions, please don't bother reporting any bugs**
    **If you use Xposed, please don't bother reporting any bugs**
    **If you use another kernel, please don't bother reporting any bugs**

Credit and Thanks:

We would like to give thanks to everyone that contributes to the Android community, big or small because every bit counts. Although we can't list each and every contributor within the Android community, we would like to highlight some of the teams and individuals that have made it possible NOT only with just this version of DU but throughout the years because we don't ever want to forget where we came from nor those that have helped us!

That said, on behalf of the DU team we say THANKS to....

JMZ Software
    Baby Jesus
    Code Aurora Forum
    Omni ROM
    Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
    Android Ice Cold Project (AICP)
    XDA-Developers
    SlimROMs
    Preludedrew
    Max Weninger
    Team Black Out
    CyanogenMod
    Pure Nexus Project

**If we have left someone or some team out, we apologize and please PM us**

Download Links:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.2][Unofficial] Dirty Unicorns 11 Nougat LG G4 [H815/H811], ROM for the LG G4

Contributors
    gibbsnich
    Source Code: https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-11-09
    Last Updated 2017-04-10
    new builds for h811 & h815 are up. enjoy :highfive:
    Known Issues:

You tell me!
    Finally had the time to do a new build :)
    Let me introduce to you: DU based on Nougat v7.1.1_r4 with latest security fixes from december. Build for h815 is up, the one for h811 is currently in the making and I'll add it ASAP.
    Dirty flashing should be fine. Enjoy :highfive: