• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][k11tc_a]LineageOS 14.1 for Vernee Mars

Search This thread

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
Redmi K20 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G
This is LineageOS 14.1 for Vernee Mars.

You need to be on the stock MM firmware with TWRP in order to flash this rom!

I am not to be held responsible for bricked devices,you are flashing this on your own accord. BE WARNED!

Not working:
-video recording
-hdr
-gps

DOWNLOAD

Device tree: HERE
Vendor tree: HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for Vernee Mars, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
The Marionette, Alberto96
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-05-20
Last Updated 2017-08-16

Last edited:
Reactions: Klotz_66 and vaorr

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
Redmi K20 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G

Stickypinkyfinger

Jan 6, 2012
Cambridgeshire
Try using a GPS Test app from the Play Store and enable "Device only" location method through the Settings. Location through wifi/mobile data works,but GPS is broken.
I find it really weird tho. After testing the GPS app it says it cannot locate any towers yet when I'm outside with data turned off, I'm getting my location on maps.

Sent from my Mars using XDA-Developers Legacy app

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
Redmi K20 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G
Been testing it for a couple days now. All seems well. Only had 2 reboots from the rom. Compared to the standard room I would say it eat a little bit more battery but apart from that all good.

Sent from my Vernee Mars using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Hmm,haven't experienced random reboots on my phone at all...
I didn't want to try implementing Doze since the battery life itself is good(for some reason, Mediatek disabled Doze on their stock roms, I have a bad feeling they broke something since they disabled a feature which could only be useful :silly:).

nicaroxo

Oct 4, 2014
Hello! Looks promissing... Can you build this for Vernee Mars pro? Or asking differently, how can i build this for my device? Thanks!

The Marionette

Jun 27, 2011
Zagreb
Redmi K20 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G
Hello! Looks promissing... Can you build this for Vernee Mars pro? Or asking differently, how can i build this for my device? Thanks!
Building is easy but it won't boot. If I do get the phone through the official Vernee giveaway, I will try to work on LineageOS for it. Otherwise the most I can blindly do is TWRP.

As for you doing it by yourself, it isn't something simple. As a person who tries to do things as simply as possible, working on MTK devices is really tedious. You have to look at other devices,their code and use that as a base into which you put files and lines proprietary to your phone.

Sent from my Vernee Mars using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Prozel

Dec 4, 2010
Hey guys. I needed i new phone quick since I broke my other. This seems to be the most ROM up-to-date. Also are there any forums with active development on this phone?

javitolopez69

Jul 21, 2014
This is system official Screenshot_20170715-193018.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is LineageOS 14.1 for Vernee Mars.

You need to be on the stock MM firmware with TWRP in order to flash this rom!

I am not to be held responsible for bricked devices,you are flashing this on your own accord. BE WARNED!

Not working:
    -video recording
    -hdr
    -gps

DOWNLOAD

Device tree: HERE
    Vendor tree: HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for Vernee Mars, ROM for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    The Marionette, Alberto96
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-05-20
    Last Updated 2017-08-16

I can't, sadly. Theoretically I can but I no longer own the Mars, I no longer have Linux installed(which means I can't build LOS) and I don't have an adequate PC to build it anymore.
    The build procedure for it should be quite easy for anyone who knows how to build roms and I've left everything needed to build it.
    OK, understood.
    Would it be possible to share some hints and settings you've used to build this ROM? I would give it a try according your advices.

Pozdrav Zagrebu.

I can't, sadly. Theoretically I can but I no longer own the Mars, I no longer have Linux installed(which means I can't build LOS) and I don't have an adequate PC to build it anymore.
    The build procedure for it should be quite easy for anyone who knows how to build roms and I've left everything needed to build it.
    kernel incompatibility? but TWRP and LOS are provided by you? I still don't understand what I am doing wrong

I honestly don't either.

Try reflashing stock firmware, then install TWRP and the rom.
    @marionette
    As you might remember .. I'm still trying to build LOS for Vernee Mars. It seems that I miss some busybox sources.
    Do you have any hints where to get them?

Thanks