[ROM][7.1.2] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S7 Edge

Search This thread

Midyr

Nov 19, 2011
Mainz
1. Yeah you can flash dracula or kermit kernel then flash magisk if you want magisk hide to work without gplay services crashing.

2. Updating lineageos will overwrite your current kernel with the default one that can cause GPservices crashing, but you can always flash other kernels on top of it.

Keep in mind that everytime you want to switch between kernels that uses anykernel2 (dracula and kermit for example), you have to flash your rom's boot.img found in the rom.zip... flash boot.img through TWRP then flash the kernel.zip that you want, then flash magisk/supersu. To revert back to stock kernel, just flash the boot.img then flash root if you want root access.

Thanks,

after this I've after 5 days waste of time a ROM which works (but with another kernel and firmware from STOCK because of no camera with LOS FW)
I hope, this will be fixed in the future, too.

Midyr

LGFr....

Dec 28, 2015
Thanks,

after this I've after 5 days waste of time a ROM which works (but with another kernel and firmware from STOCK because of no camera with LOS FW)
I hope, this will be fixed in the future, too.

Midyr

Just for clarification: you say you are now using unofficial LOS, but with another kernel (which one?) and with Stock Samsung Firmware?

Midyr

Nov 19, 2011
Mainz
Just for clarification: you say you are now using unofficial LOS, but with another kernel (which one?) and with Stock Samsung Firmware?

Hi,

yes. I'm using the kermit kernel and all files from /system/vendor/firmware. I have not had the time yet to look, which of this firmware files are really necessary.

This combination is the only one where I get camera magisk hide and BT working.

The firmwares for camera, kermit kernel for magisk and unofficial LOS for BT(with the official LOS BT didn't works in my car)

ryandxter

Mar 12, 2013
The Special Region of Yogyakarta
anyone knows where to find LOS for S7E snapdragon variant? I seek for codename probably 'hero2ltechn' no result also AFH maybe deleted, as far I found is github source-code which I'm too noob to build my own ROM... does samsung dev always be like this so complex due there is different SoC variant?

totomo26

May 4, 2017
anyone knows where to find LOS for S7E snapdragon variant? I seek for codename probably 'hero2ltechn' no result also AFH maybe deleted, as far I found is github source-code which I'm too noob to build my own ROM... does samsung dev always be like this so complex due there is different SoC variant?

You can't flash custom ROM on the snapdragon variant. Locked bootloader.

mohdfahad47

Apr 7, 2015
Muharraq
Hello guys, just a silly question. Im not familiar with how Samsung phone's codes work...i was searching for official LOS for the s7 edge (exynos) version. The hero2lte on LOS's official page is for the exynos version right? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone