• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - SM-T550/SM-T555

Search This thread
Nov 15, 2012
Excelent that someone is still working with this device, i have T555 model and eager to wait lineageos work in this device fully

Lähetetty minun SM-T555 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Reactions: Handeman707

elwhiteboy01

Apr 1, 2016
Miami
Is the audio fixed for this rom yet? I stopped using this rom, which I love, due to the fact there's no speaker function. Great rom, you can use Substratum without needing the Samsung addon. Please reply as to whether or not the audio has been fixed. I saw in the comments a dev had it working and suggested to use his fix on Github.

Last edited:

virsys

Jan 8, 2018
Brussels, Server Rack 42
I was trying to create a ROM-Development thread for the SM-T550 to fix all bugs, but that's not allowed to new guys like me. I could actually post some testbuilds on AFH, but I can't create a thread to talk about them. Audio and the camera is working on my tablet, deadman is the only one who can update the thread.

Reactions: elwhiteboy01

elwhiteboy01

Apr 1, 2016
Miami
Yeah @hellcat50 I installed the update link you posted and needless to say, there is no audio through the speakers! Now I have to wipe and flash my backup...again! Had me all excited for a minute 8(

elwhiteboy01

Apr 1, 2016
Miami
@hellcat50 I have to agree with you there. Performance wise it works best on lineage os. I have installed jazzexpressos rom and even a fenix rom I found on htc mania. The wifi didn't work on the fenix rom for nougat unfortunately. And on jazzexpressos rom my screen flashes and my SD card gets unexpectedly removed. So I might just stay on the lineage rom until the audio is fixed. Please deadman fix the audio!

hellcat50

@hellcat50 I have to agree with you there. Performance wise it works best on lineage os. I have installed jazzexpressos rom and even a fenix rom I found on htc mania. The wifi didn't work on the fenix rom for nougat unfortunately. And on jazzexpressos rom my screen flashes and my SD card gets unexpectedly removed. So I might just stay on the lineage rom until the audio is fixed. Please deadman fix the audio!
we can only wait, deadman usually knows what he is doing so sometime we will have a fully working rom :)

elwhiteboy01

Apr 1, 2016
Miami
There is no need to fix the audio. It's already fixed.
If it's still not fixed here next week, I'll publish a LineageOS Oreo build with audio.
Deadman's last build has over 600 downloads, apparently there are still people who believe in this great tablet.

Just to make some progress..

We're using the sm-t550. Why would you publish an oreo build? I didn't know Samsung released an oreo base rom for the sm-t550? And on which rom is the audio working? I've installed them all and no audio. It works with headphones, but not through the speakers.

Mihai14

Apr 18, 2016
We're using the sm-t550. Why would you publish an oreo build? I didn't know Samsung released an oreo base rom for the sm-t550? And on which rom is the audio working? I've installed them all and no audio. It works with headphones, but not through the speakers.
Samsung didn't released an oreo build is just a custom rom. Custom roms can be ahead of the oem's roms with the android version it doesn't matter. Also audio seems to work fore some. And why not to make an oreo build?

Last edited:
Reactions: Seijuro035

Mihai14

Apr 18, 2016
How to install it on t555? After i flash the rom it gets stuck on the boot logo for some minutes then closes. It refuses to boot in /system.

elwhiteboy01

Apr 1, 2016
Miami
How to install it on t555? After i flash the rom it gets stuck on the boot logo for some minutes then closes. It refuses to boot in /system.

Yeah that happened to me with the Sean Lineage version. Hellcat50 provided a link to an updated version where that doesn't happen and it boots into system. And hey, if you don't need to upgrade your nougat to oreo to install an oreo custom rom, that would be great. I don't care as long as the audio works. I've installed the sean lineage version and the version provided in the link by hellcat50. The sean wouldn't booot into system and the other had no audio for me. So good luck to you.

Mihai14

Apr 18, 2016
Yeah that happened to me with the Sean Lineage version. Hellcat50 provided a link to an updated version where that doesn't happen and it boots into system. And hey, if you don't need to upgrade your nougat to oreo to install an oreo custom rom, that would be great. I don't care as long as the audio works. I've installed the sean lineage version and the version provided in the link by hellcat50. The sean wouldn't booot into system and the other had no audio for me. So good luck to you.
It happens too on the version from the link provided by hellcat50. Also on the new rom aosip 13.1

Mihai14

Apr 18, 2016
Does it need a specific bootloader version? Or can be flashed on all three of them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Official LineageOS 14.1 builds for SM-T550/SM-T555. The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from any source other then this thread
    Modified system files

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery (If you installed twrp early on you may need to reinstall it due to the device name changing)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash LineageOS
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

SM-T550/SM-T555 Downloads

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/

Kernel
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_kernel_samsung_msm8916
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_device_samsung_gt510wifi

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

Aytex, who made all of the banners on this post.
    Galaxy-MSM8916 Dev team
    I'm working in order to keep this device alive, too.
    Oreo works and the camera is working in my testbuilds, except for some grainy previews in the camera app.
    I'll release a build when the speakers are working. Headphones are working already.
    Stay tuned :)
    This build is designed for the Wifi-only variant (SM-T550) but it will flash and boot on the LTE variant (SM-T555), your tablet will act like a wifi only tablet so you will not have calling, texting, mobile data. In the future, I may make a SM-T555 build that has working telephony but probably not due to me not having one.

What's working:
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Sensors
    Video
    Offline charging
    Hardware buttons

What's broken:
    GPS is flaky
    Camera
    Audio

Changelog:
    4/18/18
    Initial release
    @hellcat50Please deadman fix the audio!

There is no need to fix the audio. It's already fixed.
    If it's still not fixed here next week, I'll publish a LineageOS Oreo build with audio.
    Deadman's last build has over 600 downloads, apparently there are still people who believe in this great tablet.

Just to make some progress..
    Audio is working now. Feel free to use my vendor & device tree here @deadman96385. There are still some camera related issues, for instance the bad preview in the stock camera app. Using a different camera app solved this issue for me. Since deadman already supports Lineage OS, I'll build & support AICP. Android Oreo works on the tablet, I hope deadman will switch to the newest version of android soon. If there's some time in the next month I'll try to fix the remaining issues (the camera and SELinux permissive). Maybe I have time to build a SM-T555 version, too. But I don't own this type of tablet, so I would definitely need some testers.