• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - SM-T550/SM-T555

Search This thread

Mihai14

Apr 18, 2016
It might be that it's intended for the sm-t550. I use twrp 3.1.0.1 I believe that's the version I use.
I was referring to the version if bootloder. The one from lollipop, marshmallow or nougat? Also i know it is intended for t550 but the op says that it should boot on t555 too. Well if not i guess i will have to wait for a rom made for t555.

Nov 15, 2012
Cannot get any of these versions to boot up, i have tried to dirty flash and clean install with and without gapps, result is everytime same. It shows samsung logo and then black screen. Tried to lefted alone for 4h and still nothing it just kills it. I need to open tab and remove battery and then boot again into recovery and restore old OS.

I have t555 model if it helps anything

Lähetetty minun SM-T555 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Mihai14

Apr 18, 2016
Cannot get any of these versions to boot up, i have tried to dirty flash and clean install with and without gapps, result is everytime same. It shows samsung logo and then black screen. Tried to lefted alone for 4h and still nothing it just kills it. I need to open tab and remove battery and then boot again into recovery and restore old OS.

I have t555 model if it helps anything

Lähetetty minun SM-T555 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
There is a problem with the kernel. It actually boots but the screen is not working.

Nov 15, 2012
Awesome, im currently run debloated and rooted rom but still feels like it could do much more thats why im eager to wait working version

Lähetetty minun SM-N9005 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

elwhiteboy01

Apr 1, 2016
Miami
Deadman collaborated on another ROM for the SM-T550. Check AICP Oreo 8.1 ROM for SM-T550. Don't install the latest update though, use the build right before it. I moved over from this threads ROM to that one and couldn't be happier just saying.

SkexxGo

Feb 6, 2015
Porto
OnePlus 7T Pro
So, this ROM doesn't work on my tablet, idk why, I'm rocking a sm-t555, no costume ROM before it this attempt, no root, no anything, just twrp from the link to the thread mentioned in this post and when I flash the ROM, it freezes at the Samsung logo and then turns off. Anyone can give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

virsys

Jan 8, 2018
Brussels, Server Rack 42
It's not working because you're rocking a SM-T555 instead of a SM-T550. You have to use a different kernel config for the SM-T555. The versions here are compiled for the SM-T550 variant and will never work on a SM-T555 properly. I'm really sorry not to be more positive in this case.

SkexxGo

Feb 6, 2015
Porto
OnePlus 7T Pro
It's not working because you're rocking a SM-T555 instead of a SM-T550. You have to use a different kernel config for the SM-T555. The versions here are compiled for the SM-T550 variant and will never work on a SM-T555 properly. I'm really sorry not to be more positive in this case.
So the thread it totally written like the ROM should work on both devices but it doesn't? Why the f didn't they just alter the thread and deleted sm-t555 from everything?

virsys

Jan 8, 2018
Brussels, Server Rack 42
So the thread it totally written like the ROM should work on both devices but it doesn't? Why the f didn't they just alter the thread and deleted sm-t555 from everything?
The thread is very old, maybe it was possible to use this ROM with older versions of the kernel / Android. Only thread creator can edit this post and I don't think he'll change it in the future. I've reached out to Chemnitzer for some testing for the SM-T555, if we can get a nearly usable ROM working we'll let you know. For now I can only recommend to use debloated stock with root.

greg3008

Mar 22, 2009
The thread is very old, maybe it was possible to use this ROM with older versions of the kernel / Android. Only thread creator can edit this post and I don't think he'll change it in the future. I've reached out to Chemnitzer for some testing for the SM-T555, if we can get a nearly usable ROM working we'll let you know. For now I can only recommend to use debloated stock with root.

Hello @virsys I have an SM-T555 and willing to help you test. Have Chemnitzer and you managed to do something so far?

Thanks a lot

nrdl

May 10, 2009
Hello,

Anyone could sucessfully install trwp on 7.1.1 stock rom for T555 ?

I can install stock rom, but when install trwp files that found the tablet goes with Set Warranty Bit: Recovery
And trwp gets no install.

I just wanted to install TRWP and root device.

greg3008

Mar 22, 2009
I have created some builds a long time ago, but it was always pretty buggy. Right now my priority is to get android 10 running and sorting out some bugs, but my time is limited. Are you able to run builds on your machine?

Thanks for replying, I guess I could be have never done it before, could you point me to a good tutorial or how-to please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Official LineageOS 14.1 builds for SM-T550/SM-T555. The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from any source other then this thread
    Modified system files

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery (If you installed twrp early on you may need to reinstall it due to the device name changing)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash LineageOS
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

SM-T550/SM-T555 Downloads

Google Apps:
    http://opengapps.org/

Kernel
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_kernel_samsung_msm8916
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916/android_device_samsung_gt510wifi

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

Aytex, who made all of the banners on this post.
    Galaxy-MSM8916 Dev team
    I'm working in order to keep this device alive, too.
    Oreo works and the camera is working in my testbuilds, except for some grainy previews in the camera app.
    I'll release a build when the speakers are working. Headphones are working already.
    Stay tuned :)
    This build is designed for the Wifi-only variant (SM-T550) but it will flash and boot on the LTE variant (SM-T555), your tablet will act like a wifi only tablet so you will not have calling, texting, mobile data. In the future, I may make a SM-T555 build that has working telephony but probably not due to me not having one.

What's working:
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Sensors
    Video
    Offline charging
    Hardware buttons

What's broken:
    GPS is flaky
    Camera
    Audio

Changelog:
    4/18/18
    Initial release
    @hellcat50Please deadman fix the audio!

There is no need to fix the audio. It's already fixed.
    If it's still not fixed here next week, I'll publish a LineageOS Oreo build with audio.
    Deadman's last build has over 600 downloads, apparently there are still people who believe in this great tablet.

Just to make some progress..
    Audio is working now. Feel free to use my vendor & device tree here @deadman96385. There are still some camera related issues, for instance the bad preview in the stock camera app. Using a different camera app solved this issue for me. Since deadman already supports Lineage OS, I'll build & support AICP. Android Oreo works on the tablet, I hope deadman will switch to the newest version of android soon. If there's some time in the next month I'll try to fix the remaining issues (the camera and SELinux permissive). Maybe I have time to build a SM-T555 version, too. But I don't own this type of tablet, so I would definitely need some testers.