[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - SM-T800

Search This thread

PieHoleDepravity

Oct 21, 2012
London
But what the hell is the difference between "Vanilla" and "Deathly"???
The Deathly version has a kernel that allows numerous tweaks, add-ons etc. I have it installed only because I could tune the battery charging rate. Without the ability to do this the vanilla version charges the battery at a rate far below the Samsung original spec, so much so that charging during tablet use barely keeps up at all.
Some say the Deathly version isn't as stable, prone to crashes etc. I do experience this occasionally but not daily and certainly not enough to be annoying.

Reactions: nachomagic

Derbi75

Oct 29, 2019
Paris
After 14 months i decided to give LineageOS 14.1 another try. In 2019 i had horrible issues with sound (distortions, white noise etc..) on both Vanilla and Deathly versions, but nothing on Stock 6.0.1
So last night i flashed Vanilla LOS 14.1 using TWRP and this time, no issue at all with audio. I'm very happy with LineageOS now :D

Thank you to all of you who helped me back then and big thanks to the coders that made this firmware possible, you're the best! (y)(y)😍

Reactions: torrentguru

Grassred

Jan 4, 2018
Hi, I have version 14.1-20181205-NIGHTLY-chagallwifi installed. Can I update latest vanilla or do I need to wipe everything and do clean install? Netflix is working Ok with this version so Is it still working in latest version?

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Hello guys!

Hello,
I have been trying to find a way for my tablet to turn on when a charge is detected but with LineageOS .14.1 none of the steps are working:
I cannot find the file (playlpm) listed on the steps nor I can get into Bootloader. I tried from the menu selecting bootloader, tried from adb and all the tablet does is restart all the way back.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
My current version of TWRP doesn't load when I download the updates. I have to use Pwr - Vol+ and Home keys to boot to TWRP. Can someone share the TWRP that works for booting to recovery and installing the updates. Aslo, is there a working supersu for booting to recovery, or is the current Magisk the way to go. I'm using TWRP 3.3.1-0
Thanks

Derbi75

Oct 29, 2019
Paris
My current version of TWRP doesn't load when I download the updates. I have to use Pwr - Vol+ and Home keys to boot to TWRP. Can someone share the TWRP that works for booting to recovery and installing the updates. Aslo, is there a working supersu for booting to recovery, or is the current Magisk the way to go. I'm using TWRP 3.3.1-0
Thanks

I used the latest TWRP from the Google Play Store on my rooted 6.0.1 and it worked great for installing LineageOS.

Last edited:

_XSnPX_

Nov 5, 2010
SUCCESS :) Went through set up and seems working fine first impressions.

How I did it in 2021:
I have a Samsung Tab S - SM-T800 - on android 6.0.1 not rooted

1: These are the files that I have used
Odin3_v3.14.1
lineage-14.1-20210122-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip
open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20210224.zip
twrp-3.5.0_9-0-chagallwifi.img.tar

2: I installed the Samsung USB drivers - and checked that I could transfer files to and from the PC - in this step I added the files into my external SD Card:
lineage-14.1-20210122-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi
addonsu-14.1-arm-signed
open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20210224

3: Once they were copied over - I unplugged the tablet and powered it off.

4: I opened ODIN on my win10 machine

5: I booted the tablet into download mode - by pressing the HOME-VOL:down:pOWER at the same time

6: I added the twrp-3.5.0_9-0-chagallwifi.img.tar file into the AP of Odin. Go to options, and deselect "auto-reboot"

7: Pressed START in Odin and waited for the Green PASS! to show.

8: Unplugged cable from the tablet

9: This is important -
You need to power off and power on back to the recovery you just flashed - if you miss this you may have to start again from the top here.
When done press HOME-VOL:down:pOWER for about 5 to 8 seconds - the screen will change and as soon as it changes let go and repress HOME-VOL:up:pOWER at the same time - the only change is the volume to UP. This will then boot to TWRP.

10: when TWRP first comes on - just swipe right

11: On the home screen of TWRP - I decided to make a backup - so I went to back up - and backed up to my SD Card. This takes a long time

12: when this was done - I went WIPE - and selected Format Data

13: when done go back and select INSTALL - here choose:
lineage-14.1-20210122-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi - then add zip and choose
addonsu-14.1-arm-signed - then add zip and choose

14: Start flashing. this is quite quick except for the Gapps.

15: When done - you will be asked to format cache and davlik partitions click it and when done - REBOOT

16: Wait a while, you should see the Samsung Logo - then the blue arc of LineageOS and go through the set up. The first boot can take 4 to 6 minutes - in my case, it was about 6 minutes.

17: Optional ROOT
Go to Settings > About Tablet > tap the build number seven times to enable developer options
Then go back and go to > Developer Options > Root Access. and choose what you want - I selected Apps Only.

I hope this helps anyone looking to do the same and wanted to say THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAS HELPED ME.

Done.

Last edited:

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
SUCCESS :) Went through set up and seems working fine first impressions.

How I did it in 2021:
I have a Samsung Tab S - SM-T800 - on android 6.0.1 not rooted

1: These are the files that I have used
Odin3_v3.14.1
lineage-14.1-20210122-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip
addonsu-16.0-arm-signed.zip
open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20210224.zip
twrp-3.5.0_9-0-chagallwifi.img.tar

2: I installed the Samsung USB drivers - and checked that I could transfer files to and from the PC - in this step I added the files into my external SD Card:
lineage-14.1-20210122-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi
addonsu-16.0-arm-signed

3: Once they were copied over - I unplugged the tablet and powered it off.

4: I opened ODIN on my win10 machine

5: I booted the tablet into download mode - by pressing the HOME-VOL:down:pOWER at the same time

6: I added the twrp-3.5.0_9-0-chagallwifi.img.tar file into the AP of Odin. Go to options, and deselect "auto-reboot"

7: Pressed START in Odin and waited for the Green PASS! to show.

8: Unplugged cable from the tablet

9: This is important -
You need to power off and power on back to the recovery you just flashed - if you miss this you may have to start again from the top here.
When done press HOME-VOL:down:pOWER for about 5 to 8 seconds - the screen will change and as soon as it changes let go and repress HOME-VOL:up:pOWER at the same time - the only change is the volume to UP. This will then boot to TWRP.

10: when TWRP first comes on - just swipe right

11: On the home screen of TWRP - I decided to make a backup - so I went to back up - and backed up to my SD Card. This takes a long time

12: when this was done - I went WIPE - and selected Format Data

13: when done go back and select INSTALL - here choose:
lineage-14.1-20210122-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi - then add zip and choose
addonsu-16.0-arm-signed - then add zip and choose

14: Start flashing. this is quite quick except for the Gapps.

15: When done - you will be asked to format cache and davlik partitions click it and when done - REBOOT

16: Wait a while, you should see the Samsung Logo - then the blue arc of LineageOS and go through the set up. The first boot can take 4 to 6 minutes - in my case, it was about 6 minutes.

17: Optional ROOT
Go to Settings > About Tablet > tap the build number seven times to enable developer options
Then go back and go to > Developer Options > Root Access. and choose what you want - I selected Apps Only.

I hope this helps anyone looking to do the same and wanted to say THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAS HELPED ME.

Done.
Well mate you just helped me tremendously!! Been wanting to do this to my 800 for a while. Now I have the n00b version of the How To!! Thanks again!! now I'll go update my tablet. :)

Reactions: _XSnPX_

_XSnPX_

Nov 5, 2010
Well mate you just helped me tremendously!! Been wanting to do this to my 800 for a while. Now I have the n00b version of the How To!! Thanks again!! now I'll go update my tablet. :)

I hope it works as smooth as it did for me - was looking around a lot for a recent guide but took a while so thought to post the way I did it that worked for me easily...

No problems since the install and use it just fine still and nothing to report.

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
I hope it works as smooth as it did for me - was looking around a lot for a recent guide but took a while so thought to post the way I did it that worked for me easily...

No problems since the install and use it just fine still and nothing to report.

Would you mind adding the links to the files you used? I wanna make SURE I don't mess this up :)

_XSnPX_

Nov 5, 2010
Would you mind adding the links to the files you used? I wanna make SURE I don't mess this up :)

Sorry for late reply:
https://dl.twrp.me/chagallwifi/twrp-3.5.0_9-0-chagallwifi.img.tar.html

https://opengapps.org/ - I choose ARM - 7.1 - nano

https://download.lineageos.org/extras for us ARM 14.1

Last edited:

_XSnPX_

Nov 5, 2010
Sorry for late reply:
https://dl.twrp.me/chagallwifi/twrp-3.5.0_9-0-chagallwifi.img.tar.html

https://opengapps.org/ - I choose ARM - 7.1 - nano

https://download.lineageos.org/extras for us ARM 16.0

Alternatively all here too: updated with 14.1 addonsu

Last edited:

_XSnPX_

Nov 5, 2010
Thanks so much! I sent it right to my dropbox! Guess I'll either brick my 800 or update it in the next few days :)

Good luck - this is how it was when I did it using guides from all over and help from some here and there and decided to go for it and it worked using the method above for me - let me know how you get on!

Reactions: flhthemi

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
Good luck - this is how it was when I did it using guides from all over and help from some here and there and decided to go for it and it worked using the method above for me - let me know how you get on!
Not having any luck at step 9 After the flash of TWRP and I get a GREEN PASS from Odin the screen on the tablet shows the Android graphic and the warning do not turn off target. I can't power off with the power button. If I power off with the HOME+VOL Down+Power it just reboots the tab to desktop....so I guess my question would be "How to you power off after the flash of TWRP?"

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Not having any luck at step 9 After the flash of TWRP and I get a GREEN PASS from Odin the screen on the tablet shows the Android graphic and the warning do not turn off target. I can't power off with the power button. If I power off with the HOME+VOL Down+Power it just reboots the tab to desktop....so I guess my question would be "How to you power off after the flash of TWRP?"
After flash with TWRP you can power off with a LOOOOOOONG press on the power button !

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
After flash with TWRP you can power off with a LOOOOOOONG press on the power button !

Well I finally got it to twrp!!! Lets see if I end up with a brick! :)

Attachments

• Stuck here.jpg
    Stuck here.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Official LineageOS 14.1 builds for chagallwifi (SM-T800) The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    Modified system files
    Have not attempted a clean flash

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash LineageOS
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

Make sure you have the Marshmallow bootloader. Guide is in the comments below.

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

There will be a new build every week, every Monday.
    The builds will no longer be personally tested by me before being uploaded (but everything will probably be fine)
    Change logs will no longer be posted within every new build, but instead when the changes are uploaded to GitHub. I will try though to post changes for major bugs or fixes as they are released.
    Some builds might feature only minor changes, ie. only updating the LineageOS source

Chagallwifi Download

Google Apps:
    Beans GAPPS 7.1.2

Kernel
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_chagallwifi

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

Aytex, who made all of the banners on this post.
    @Barracuda77777 (For helping along the way)
    @UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and @nvertigo67 started of from)
    @eousphoros (for his device git)
    @nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
    @Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)​
    For OTA updates to flash correctly:
    Update your TWRP to 3.1.0-1 (USE THE 2017-05-04 BUILD OR LATER. DO NOT USE A BUILD FROM BEFORE THIS DATE)
    You can get Official TWRP 3.1.0-1 for chagallwifi from this link!
    TWRP for CHAGALLWIFI
    This updated TWRP recovery image contains a fix that will allow it to flash OTA updates properly!
    http%3A%2F%2Fimg03.imgland.net%2FGdaEH5d.png

Fingerprint is disabled

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
    How to update to Marshmallow bootloader (required for 20170324 and later builds)
    Updating the bootloader is very quick and doesn't wipe data or repartition the device.
    If the last Samsung ROM you had was 6.0.1 Touchwiz, you already have Marshmallow bootloader and don't need to follow these steps. (If you were on MM, and it still won't boot, follow the steps below)

1. Download the bootloader-only Odin package: T800XXU1CPK2.tar.md5
    This has the latest Marshmallow bootloader (December 2016)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767146298
    2. Download Odin 3.11
    You can skip this if you already have a working Odin
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298937183
    3. Shutdown your tablet and start it up by holding Power+Home+Volume Down to enter Download Mode. Volume Down is the one right next to the power button. Really shut it down and use this key combination, if you use Advanced Restart, or go into download mode via TWRP the bootloader won't change.
    4. Make sure the screen of your tablet has a green android symbol with a "Downloading..." text
    5. Open Odin3_v3.11.1.exe and follow the instructions in this image:
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2LpBdo2.png

If anything is missing, you WON'T flash bootloader successfully.
    6. Click Start. Your tablet will automatically reboot back into your ROM.
    7. To verify you have the new bootloader, you can run in terminal emulator "getprop ro.bootloader". It should say T800XXU1CPK2.

Thanks @ZakooZ for the post!
    Replacement charging port installed and we have a booting tablet again! Woo! Work can begin again, though I do have to learn my way around it again with exynos, it's different then Snapdragon.

Really appreciate your patience and understanding with how I was busy throughout the year etc! Thanks a mill!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone