[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 - SM-T800

Search This thread

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Hi, I am trying to flash this rom but getting error 7, I am using twrp 3.4 and clean install, I have formated the cache, system and data partitions to ext4, the cache partition to f2fs and rolled back to ext4, always getting error 7, I edited the updater-script file, deleting the 2 lines starting with assert and got error 4.

Please help, I am trying to use the tablet for the online school of my daughter, she have been using it with the stock rom but zoom is too laggy due to bad connection but tried with my computer to be sure if the problem was my isp and it worked flawlessly, so I want to try with another rom on my galaxy, in the past I used resurrection remix but now is to outdated.

Thanks
Hi,
Try to use an older (previous ) version of TWRP , it might work ! :eek:

kyddox

I have been testing with all the roms i found, based on lineage and based o aosp and nothing worked until i tried with stock based roms, i found yamr and it worked

https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/marshmallow-rom-t3620522

That's not a good news if you tested everything lineageos and aosp based and nothing works.
@gellmar would it be possible to take a look at this issue? Maybe it's present on T-805 also.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

oddair

Feb 5, 2018
I have the same problem with SM-700, you need to connect the headphones and then the sound icon appears. I tried to record the screen with audio on Zoom when I have sound but the built-in screen recorder doesn't record the audio. Overall I noticed some bugs in lineage like the geekbench always crash, some graphical distortion on the floating window when I install something. I wish some of this bugs were fixed or lineage 15+ was a thing... Well let's have some hope

I have the same problem with SM-700, you need to connect the headphones and then the sound icon appears. I tried to record the screen with audio on Zoom when I have sound but the built-in screen recorder doesn't record the audio. Overall I noticed some bugs in lineage like the geekbench always crash, some graphical distortion on the floating window when I install something. I wish some of this bugs were fixed or lineage 15+ was a thing... Well let's have some hope

Agree. Problem disappears after connecting headset but I want to avoid using headset in this case.

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA Labs

gman900001

Oct 9, 2015
Stuck on boot animation after ROM install

Hi, hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Using Odin I can install stock ROM "T800XXU1CPK2_T800XSA1CPHC_HOME.tar.md5" and TWRP "twrp-3.4.0-0-chagallwifi.img.tar" . This works fine.
Using TWRP I then do a factory reset, then install "lineage-14.1-20201002-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip" from the SD card, then Wipe cache/dalvik, then reboot.
After this the Tab S boots to the boot animation - blue arch with the circle sweeping across it. I've waited hours but still just the boot animation.
I have tried other ROMs with similar results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Hi, hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Using Odin I can install stock ROM "T800XXU1CPK2_T800XSA1CPHC_HOME.tar.md5" and TWRP "twrp-3.4.0-0-chagallwifi.img.tar" . This works fine.
Using TWRP I then do a factory reset, then install "lineage-14.1-20201002-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi.zip" from the SD card, then Wipe cache/dalvik, then reboot.
After this the Tab S boots to the boot animation - blue arch with the circle sweeping across it. I've waited hours but still just the boot animation.
I have tried other ROMs with similar results.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,
Try to use a previous (older) version of TWRP ! ;)

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Sorry, 3.3.1.0 does not work either.
I found two other people having the same problem back in 2018 but no fix mentioned - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77041381&postcount=389

I have just tried Resurrection Remix but still get stuck on the boot animation.

Has anyone recently been able to go from stock to any custom ROM on T800?
Hi,

I have done the operation in January using stock ROM T800XXU1CRJ1 and TWRP 3.3.1.0 and all went OK !
The custom ROM used is RR 5.8.5 (Nougat)
Have you done a full wipe before flashing the custom ROM ?
Hope this will help ! :)

Last edited:

gorbek

Nov 25, 2010
I had this working well using an August release of the nightly, and then out of nowhere my wifi exploded and continuously scans and reconnects. I've tried hard resetting, flashing back to stock (wifi still continuously rescans and won't connect) and to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I deleted /data and it was rebuilt but that doesn't seem to help either. Here is a sample of the logcat (won't copy more since it's rinse and repeat), thanks in advance if anyone can help here:

Code:
10-18 13:19:14.907  2727  2861 D WifiStateMachine:  DisconnectedState SCAN_FAILED_EVENT  rt=785742/785742
10-18 13:19:14.907  2727  2861 D WifiStateMachine:  ConnectModeState SCAN_FAILED_EVENT  rt=785742/785742
10-18 13:19:14.907  2727  2861 D WifiStateMachine:  DriverStartedState SCAN_FAILED_EVENT  rt=785742/785742
10-18 13:19:14.907  2727  2861 D WifiStateMachine:  SupplicantStartedState SCAN_FAILED_EVENT  rt=785742/785742
10-18 13:19:14.907  2727  2861 D WifiNative-wlan0: doString: [BSS RANGE=0- MASK=0x29d87]
10-18 13:19:14.908  2727  2861 D SupplicantStateTracker: DefaultState{ when=-2ms what=147462 arg1=2216 obj= SSID: MyNetwork BSSID: 00:00:00:00:00:00 nid: 0 state: SCANNING target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
10-18 13:19:14.908  2727  2861 D SupplicantStateTracker: Supplicant state: SCANNING
10-18 13:19:14.908  2727  2861 D SupplicantStateTracker: ScanState
10-18 13:19:14.908  2727  2861 E WifiConnectivityManager: SingleScanListener onFailure: reason: -1 description: Scan failed
10-18 13:19:14.909  2727  2861 D SupplicantStateTracker: DefaultState{ when=-2ms what=147462 arg1=2217 obj= SSID: MyNetwork BSSID: 00:00:00:00:00:00 nid: 0 state: DISCONNECTED target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
10-18 13:19:14.909  2727  2861 D SupplicantStateTracker: Supplicant state: DISCONNECTED
10-18 13:19:14.909  2727  2861 D SupplicantStateTracker: DisconnectedState

i5lee8bit

Jul 18, 2006
escaped New Jersey 🙏🙌
youtube.com
Xposed (Magisk Installed) Fixer for LOS 14.1 [Magisk Module]

I know the OP says they won't support any bug reports or help requests with Xposed involved, but since DarkExistence is no longer actively developing this ROM anymore (btw, this ROM is still great for breathing life into this aging machine), here's a Magisk module to fix Xposed not working!

Background: I decided to dust off my Galaxy Tab S and re-install LOS on it. For such an old machine, it works great with this ROM. Still very happy to use it for watching Media and misc BS'ing around. But for some reason, Xposed wouldn't install properly whether direct flashing or installing via Magisk (currently on 20201020, vanilla build). Xposed Installer (using topjohnwu's special build for Magisk) would report framework was installed but not running. Upon checking the logs and doing a little bit of digging, I found that it turns out it fails to copy a few files, so I created this Magisk module to fill in the gaps, and it immediately worked afterwards with no errors in the logs at all. I literally only wanted Xposed on this device to run GravityBox (for now), and it's been smooth and stable so far (making sure not toggling any conflicting settings - basically using it just for the advanced reboot menu, locking certain QS tiles while device is locked, signal cluster data traffic activity, shortcuts for tapping on the clock, and a few other odds and ends).

So if anybody is still out there who uses this ROM, or anyone who may stumble upon it in the future, and wants to install and use Xposed, here is my Magisk Module to fix the Xposed installation. First install the Xposed Framework module from Magisk Manager's online catalog (use the correct one - "Xposed Framework, v90-beta3"), and also install the correct Xposed Installer APK linked in the module's info/about window. Then install my module in Magisk Manager: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10763459528675572059

On my device, the only missing files were xposed.prop, XposedBridge.jar, and app_process32_xposed, and all my module does is place those files where they belong in /system/. If anybody ends up using this, please let me know if it works (or if it was even necessary for you in the first place).

gman900001

Oct 9, 2015
I have done the operation in January using stock ROM T800XXU1CRJ1 and TWRP 3.3.1.0 and all went OK !

Finally got back to this for another attempt.

I have tried the exact same combo of T800XXU1CRJ1 and TWRP 3.3.1.0 but no worky.

I have also tried multiple stock ROMs and bootloaders, Odin versions, TWRP versions, LineageOS and Resurrection Remix. They all get stuck on the boot animation except the following -
- Any stock ROM
- An old version of official Lineage from 2017 which boots but the wifi does not work
- An even older version of CyanogenMod from 2016 which seems to work fine.

My bootloader is version 1C so that is not the problem.

Using Bootimage ADB Unsecure Patcher I managed to get a Logcat of the tablet starting up. If some one knowledgeable could look at it that would be great.

Attachments

• LogCat_201203_2.txt
    26.1 KB · Views: 13

PieHoleDepravity

Oct 21, 2012
London
HTC Desire
Samsung Galaxy S5
But what the hell is the difference between "Vanilla" and "Deathly"???
The Deathly version has a kernel that allows numerous tweaks, add-ons etc. I have it installed only because I could tune the battery charging rate. Without the ability to do this the vanilla version charges the battery at a rate far below the Samsung original spec, so much so that charging during tablet use barely keeps up at all.
Some say the Deathly version isn't as stable, prone to crashes etc. I do experience this occasionally but not daily and certainly not enough to be annoying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Official LineageOS 14.1 builds for chagallwifi (SM-T800) The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    Modified system files
    Have not attempted a clean flash

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash LineageOS
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

Make sure you have the Marshmallow bootloader. Guide is in the comments below.

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

There will be a new build every week, every Monday.
    The builds will no longer be personally tested by me before being uploaded (but everything will probably be fine)
    Change logs will no longer be posted within every new build, but instead when the changes are uploaded to GitHub. I will try though to post changes for major bugs or fixes as they are released.
    Some builds might feature only minor changes, ie. only updating the LineageOS source

Chagallwifi Download

Google Apps:
    Beans GAPPS 7.1.2

Kernel
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_chagallwifi

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

Aytex, who made all of the banners on this post.
    @Barracuda77777 (For helping along the way)
    @UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and @nvertigo67 started of from)
    @eousphoros (for his device git)
    @nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
    @Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)​
    For OTA updates to flash correctly:
    Update your TWRP to 3.1.0-1 (USE THE 2017-05-04 BUILD OR LATER. DO NOT USE A BUILD FROM BEFORE THIS DATE)
    You can get Official TWRP 3.1.0-1 for chagallwifi from this link!
    TWRP for CHAGALLWIFI
    This updated TWRP recovery image contains a fix that will allow it to flash OTA updates properly!
    http%3A%2F%2Fimg03.imgland.net%2FGdaEH5d.png

Fingerprint is disabled

Other issues?
    Before posting in this thread, make sure of a few things:

You used the search function of the forums.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread.
    Logs! You can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
    How to update to Marshmallow bootloader (required for 20170324 and later builds)
    Updating the bootloader is very quick and doesn't wipe data or repartition the device.
    If the last Samsung ROM you had was 6.0.1 Touchwiz, you already have Marshmallow bootloader and don't need to follow these steps. (If you were on MM, and it still won't boot, follow the steps below)

1. Download the bootloader-only Odin package: T800XXU1CPK2.tar.md5
    This has the latest Marshmallow bootloader (December 2016)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767146298
    2. Download Odin 3.11
    You can skip this if you already have a working Odin
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298937183
    3. Shutdown your tablet and start it up by holding Power+Home+Volume Down to enter Download Mode. Volume Down is the one right next to the power button. Really shut it down and use this key combination, if you use Advanced Restart, or go into download mode via TWRP the bootloader won't change.
    4. Make sure the screen of your tablet has a green android symbol with a "Downloading..." text
    5. Open Odin3_v3.11.1.exe and follow the instructions in this image:
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2LpBdo2.png

If anything is missing, you WON'T flash bootloader successfully.
    6. Click Start. Your tablet will automatically reboot back into your ROM.
    7. To verify you have the new bootloader, you can run in terminal emulator "getprop ro.bootloader". It should say T800XXU1CPK2.

Thanks @ZakooZ for the post!
    Replacement charging port installed and we have a booting tablet again! Woo! Work can begin again, though I do have to learn my way around it again with exynos, it's different then Snapdragon.

Really appreciate your patience and understanding with how I was busy throughout the year etc! Thanks a mill!