[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][PORT] Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 for Lenovo A7600-F [MT6582]

Search This thread

philmscribe

Apr 4, 2021
No, zipped: the downloaded files with the ".zip" extension.
Thanks for all your responses, JFaheyfan (Love Lawnmower Man, btw)

So... managed to successfully intall the Resurrection Remix zip.
Tried to do the same with the GAPPS (I selected ARM, 7.1 and Mini) and it failed. Stated: "Insufficient storage available on system partition." It then suggests trying a smaller GAPPS package, so I'm going to try the micro version.

If this doesn't work, should I also be trying different selections of the ARM or maybe something lower than 7.1 or should this not be a problem?

philmscribe

Apr 4, 2021
Thanks for all your responses, JFaheyfan (Love Lawnmower Man, btw)

So... managed to successfully intall the Resurrection Remix zip.
Tried to do the same with the GAPPS (I selected ARM, 7.1 and Mini) and it failed. Stated: "Insufficient storage available on system partition." It then suggests trying a smaller GAPPS package, so I'm going to try the micro version.

If this doesn't work, should I also be trying different selections of the ARM or maybe something lower than 7.1 or should this not be a problem?
UPDATE: Okay, installed GAPPS (ARM, 7.1, micro) via an SD card (as strangely when I did it via OTG adapter, I couldn't locate the zip file on the flash drive) and it's all working great.

But there's an issue when it comes to downloading apps - it appears the upgrade is taking up almost all of my internal storage. Of the 14.58 GB storage, system files take up 13.67 GB.

Any workarounds for this? Can I put apps on an SD card? Or can I remove some of the system files? I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Last edited:

jfaheyfan

Nov 8, 2017
UPDATE: Tried to install the GAPPS Micro version (ARM, 7.1) via a flash drive connected to the OTG adapter but it wasn't showing me the zip file. Just nonsensical (to me) folders. Does this make any sense to you? Whenever I try and find my way back via the (Up A Level) folder, it never gets me to the zip folders that are on the flash drive.
When you select gapps, make sure Platform=ARM and Android=7.1. Variant=micro should work. I used nano.

I don't understand how you were able to install the ROM, but not the gapps. You must use TWRP to install both.

Your flash drive won't be visible from RR without explicitly mounting it. Do that either from the command line or with an app (I used to use StickMount). I use an OTG adapter to connect a LogiTech wireless trackball. It's plug-and-play.

philmscribe

Apr 4, 2021
When you select gapps, make sure Platform=ARM and Android=7.1. Variant=micro should work. I used nano.

I don't understand how you were able to install the ROM, but not the gapps. You must use TWRP to install both.

Your flash drive won't be visible from RR without explicitly mounting it. Do that either from the command line or with an app (I used to use StickMount). I use an OTG adapter to connect a LogiTech wireless trackball. It's plug-and-play.

Not sure if you saw my update, so I'll include it here:

UPDATE: Okay, installed GAPPS (ARM, 7.1, micro) via an SD card (as strangely when I did it via OTG adapter, I couldn't locate the zip file on the flash drive) and it's all working great.

But there's an issue when it comes to downloading apps - it appears the upgrade is taking up almost all of my internal storage. Of the 14.58 GB storage, system files take up 13.67 GB.

Any workarounds for this? Can I put apps on an SD card? Or can I remove some of the system files? I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

jfaheyfan

Nov 8, 2017
UPDATE: Tried to install the GAPPS Micro version (ARM, 7.1) via a flash drive connected to the OTG adapter but it wasn't showing me the zip file. Just nonsensical (to me) folders. Does this make any sense to you? Whenever I try and find my way back via the (Up A Level) folder, it never gets me to the zip folders that are on the flash drive.
Whatever setup you had when you attempted to install mini should work for micro.

jfaheyfan

Nov 8, 2017
Not sure if you saw my update, so I'll include it here:

Something's amiss. I recommend:
* Put the zips on your SD card.
* Pick up the installation instructions at Step 3.

Indiekid24

Jan 16, 2021
My tablet has been awesome since the new ROM went on. But now I have a problem I'm trying to sort out. When the tablet is on and I'm using it, everything is working as it should. But if I press the power button to turn the screen off(not powering down), then try to get the tablet back on to use, the screen just flickers like it's trying to come on but won't do so I have to hold the power switch down to restart the tablet and all is working again. Does that sound like I need a new power switch ribbon?

jfaheyfan

Nov 8, 2017
My tablet has been awesome since the new ROM went on. But now I have a problem I'm trying to sort out. When the tablet is on and I'm using it, everything is working as it should. But if I press the power button to turn the screen off(not powering down), then try to get the tablet back on to use, the screen just flickers like it's trying to come on but won't do so I have to hold the power switch down to restart the tablet and all is working again. Does that sound like I need a new power switch ribbon?
I'd say the power button is okay, since it puts your tablet to sleep.

Try experimenting with Settings -> Personal -> Security -> Screen lock. Touch the words "Screen lock" to change or remove the screen lock. Touch the gear (if showing) and toggle the "Power button instantly locks" setting.

Indiekid24

Jan 16, 2021
I'd say the power button is okay, since it puts your tablet to sleep.

Try experimenting with Settings -> Personal -> Security -> Screen lock. Touch the words "Screen lock" to change or remove the screen lock. Touch the gear (if showing) and toggle the "Power button instantly locks" setting.
That didn't work. It just keeps the screen on
I've not changed any settings on the tablet. This only started a few weeks ago. I've been running the new ROM for months now.
If I power the tablet on and let the screen go off without touching the tablet I can't get the screen back on. If I press the power switch it makes a touch noise as usual and the screen will flicker on if I keep tapping the power button. I have to reset by holding the power button down until the tablet restarts to get back on and start using the tablet straight away. The screen works fine all day while I'm using it none stop. Pretty sure it's got to be the power switch flex?

Sometimes when I press the power button to bring up the menu of power off or restart, I can just about see the menu on the screen very faintly.

Last edited:

jfaheyfan

Nov 8, 2017
That didn't work. It just keeps the screen on
I've not changed any settings on the tablet. This only started a few weeks ago. I've been running the new ROM for months now.
If I power the tablet on and let the screen go off without touching the tablet I can't get the screen back on. If I press the power switch it makes a touch noise as usual and the screen will flicker on if I keep tapping the power button. I have to reset by holding the power button down until the tablet restarts to get back on and start using the tablet straight away. The screen works fine all day while I'm using it none stop. Pretty sure it's got to be the power switch flex?

Sometimes when I press the power button to bring up the menu of power off or restart, I can just about see the menu on the screen very faintly.
I understand "keeps the screen on" to mean you found a screen lock setting that prevents the power button from putting the tablet to sleep. Is that right?

Indiekid24

Jan 16, 2021
I understand "keeps the screen on" to mean you found a screen lock setting that prevents the power button from putting the tablet to sleep. Is that right?
I've been running the new ROM for months now.

Indiekid24

Jan 16, 2021
That is not the issue regarding lock settings, that won't help.

Basically, tablet and screen works fine. But once I've finished using the tablet and want to turn the screen off only rather than shut it down. I press the power button once to turn the screen off. Then I can't get the screen back on without long pressing the power button until the tablet restarts?

Last edited:

jfaheyfan

Nov 8, 2017

If long-pressing the power button brings up the reboot menu, it has done its job. That the menu is faint is a different problem.

Indiekid24

Jan 16, 2021
If long-pressing the power button brings up the reboot menu, it has done its job. That the menu is faint is a different problem.
It does bit I can't see the screen enough to select from the menu so I have to press and hold the power button to reset so that I can use the tablet as normal. Once I press the power button to turn the screen off then press the power button to get the screen back on, it does not come back on as bright as usual.its not visible enough to select anything. That's the problem I'm trying to solve. Must be a faulty power flex

jfaheyfan

Nov 8, 2017
It does bit I can't see the screen enough to select from the menu so I have to press and hold the power button to reset so that I can use the tablet as normal. Once I press the power button to turn the screen off then press the power button to get the screen back on, it does not come back on as bright as usual.its not visible enough to select anything. That's the problem I'm trying to solve. Must be a faulty power flex
There's a hardware manual and trouble shooting help here. You could also run a hardware diagnostic from the Play Store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello A7600-F Tablet owners, It's been awhile since there has been an updated ROM for this tablet. I have released ported ROMs for this tablet before, however they all had some annoying bugs and many of you reported issues with corrupted SD card partitions. The goal of this ROM is to provide as close to daily driver material for this old tablet as possible.

What better ROM than Resurrection Remix to do the job! :good:

Instructions:

Follow carefully! This process involves going back to STOCK firmware FIRST! This is to ensure your Internal storage gets properly formatted.
    SAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA! (Some where other than your tablet) You will lose it when flashing stock firmware. Don't worry about the struggles of getting ROOT on stock firmware, I have expedited the process greatly.

STEP 1: Get back to stock firmware. THIS STEP ERASES EVERYTHING, so save your data!!! Don't skip this step.
    - Get any stock firmware file from here and follow the tutorial also in this link!

- The SP-Flash tool and drivers are all conveniently included with the firmware download.​
    - Don't worry about taking the battery out when the tutorial says to.​
    - If you have issues with the driver provided in the download, try these. (Run dpinst.exe)​
    - Once completed boot into the new firmware just to ensure that you were successful. (Don't worry about going through initial setup we don't need it)

STEP 2: Install TWRP without root. You should now have a stock A7600-F Tablet, lets put TWRP back on.
    - We will install TWRP with the same SP-Flash tool so that root is not required.
    - Download the SP-Flashable TWRP image and scatter file from here.
    - Follow the instructions in the tutorial linked in step 1 again but use the extracted TWRP scatter file you just downloaded instead of the stock firmware scatter file.

- You should only see "RECOVERY" listed in SP Flash Tool instead of all the stock partitions like last time​
    - Once complete unplug the USB and use Vol-UP and Power buttons to get into TWRP

STEP 3: Wiping Instructions. THIS IS IMPORTANT! You should have TWRP installed and running at this point.
    - DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE! Doing so will cause the Corrupt SD-Card errors!
    - Just don't do it! There is never any need to wipe internal storage on most devices.
    - Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe
    - Select only: Dalvik/Art Cache, System, Cache, and Data
    - Wipe it.

STEP 4: Installing RR 7.1.2. You should now have an A7600-F with the stock partitions restored, and no ROM installed, sitting in the TWRP main menu.
    - ROM Download: here
    - GAPPS Download: here (Select Arm, 7.1, and whatever size you want)
    - Now simply flash the ROM ZIP followed by the Gapps ZIP.

Reboot and Enjoy!

Things I improved over previous ROM PORTS:
    - Better Audio quality
    - Smoother Substratum OMS Support
    - Camera Fixes
    - FM Radio (Headphones only)

Kernel Source: here
    OK, firstly wanna thank you for this awesome rom, it's stable and fast, no major issue with it. What I did find, however, is that the camera flash is not working along with the night mode which is not turning on. Besides those two issues, everything seems to be in working order

Cheers!
    Thanks SaberShip. The ROM works great for general use and apps but I'm having an issue downloading files. It says SD card not found Download to default folder. I attempt to download to Downloads folder where it says I have 10.43gb stroage available but it keeps telling me SD card not found. I don't use an SD card for storage on the device. Do I need to use one or can you offer any other advice? I've carefully gone through above installation steps 3 times.

---------- Post added 08-02-2019 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-02-2019 at 11:57 PM ----------

So I put in an sd card and I then had option to save to downloads or sd. I still could not select downloads but I could select sd card which is worrying for me now. Thanks again Sabership. Nice work

What app are you using? I have not seen any issues with downloading yet. If you see 10.43Gb it sounds like your internal storage is formatted correctly. I haven't seen any download issues with Firefox and ES-File Explorer.
    Thank you for the new firmware. However, the instructions to install the Android USB driver in smartphone flash tool (link below) the link below does not work.. There is a signature error and everyone (as per youtube video comments) is having same problem.

https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-rom-using-smart-phone-flash-tool

Pls advise.

Main post updated with signed drivers. Please try it now. :)
    Does usb otg work?

Just tested, It works perfectly with my USB wireless Keyboard and mouse combo.
    When I tried a USB flash drive it did not mount automatically, however "SDA" does appear in the /dev/block/ directory so you can likely mount the flash storage manually with some terminal commands. YMMV