• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][PORT] Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 for Lenovo A7600-F [MT6582]

Search This thread

Mark44Gecko

Jul 11, 2021
OK, firstly wanna thank you for this awesome rom, it's stable and fast, no major issue with it. What I did find, however, is that the camera flash is not working along with the night mode which is not turning on. Besides those two issues, everything seems to be in working order

Cheers!

So you made it work - how did you do it?
Hi I'm new to this forum but not into rooting and fixing new rom to mobile phones but with this old surfplate I am stuck.
I've made a post already and would very much like to get some further help with this as I am stuck. I can't get the TWRP installed in my old Lenovo A-7600-H with stock rom (4.4.2)

I have installed the rom and everything else in this thread but I just can't flash any TWRP. Any help and ideas is very appreciated! Thank you!

88scythe

May 16, 2013
Hello,

yesterday i mistakely tried a macro for autoconnect WiFi, from another Lenovo device with same problems disconnecting. Seems to work! You can find this solution in the thread "All about - Lenovo A5500-F on page 14, date 30. July, member Imemperador. He wrote an macro (downloadable xwifi_auto.rar, unpack it), you've just to install macrodroid from playstore, import his macro - and the issue seems to be gone.

Regards
Hey @Catfish78, I'm late to the party but would you still have said script perhaps? The original thread you mentioned doesn't have 14 pages and Google brought me nowhere

WilFra91

Sep 9, 2021
Hello
I recently received a broken Lenovo A7600-F tablet which I could repair. Since it has Android 4.4.2, I would like to install a newer version of Android and this is how I got here.

My question is about the SOC identifier. In my case it is MT8121 (which is also what seems to says the Lenovo doc.) while this thread mentions MT6582 (which seems to be rather for the A7600-H model?)

So my question is: will this ROM work for my device?

Thanks in advance for any help

jfaheyfan

Nov 8, 2017
LG G5
Hello
I recently received a broken Lenovo A7600-F tablet which I could repair. Since it has Android 4.4.2, I would like to install a newer version of Android and this is how I got here.

My question is about the SOC identifier. In my case it is MT8121 (which is also what seems to says the Lenovo doc.) while this thread mentions MT6582 (which seems to be rather for the A7600-H model?)

So my question is: will this ROM work for my device?

Thanks in advance for any help
Yes. See message #138.

Ingy76

Oct 23, 2020
Almost everything works great on this Rom! Thank you for the guide and sharing!

There is one app that doesn't work on this rom, wich i really regret. It's the Tv app from Canal Digitaal. I can start a tv programm (video); functions, navigation in this app all works perfect, even the timebar navigates perfectly..... but it does not give sound and video. Video gives a black screen. I tried all available versions. No problems with Netflix, but Canal digitaal: no sound and black screen.

Maybe someone can help? Tried searching for gpu solutions but mali 400 mp should work. Netflix does also... Thank you!

Yus86

Feb 19, 2013
Also from me a thank you @SaberShip

Got the tablet as a gift, would have ended up in the trash otherwise. Links were all still online, could install the ROM too. Only had problems with the SP flashtool. Yes, the device must be turned off for this ;)

Device is an oldtimer, but for Netflix and Prime Video in bed it is enough. Disney+ I have despite various .apk not get to run.

Greetings and thanks

Esralo

Nov 25, 2021
Hello, good night, I want to thank you for the new update that the tablet has, but I have problems with some applications such as zoom, disney plus and a banking app, will there be a way to solve it? I would thank you a lot

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
Just tested, It works perfectly with my USB wireless Keyboard and mouse combo.
When I tried a USB flash drive it did not mount automatically, however "SDA" does appear in the /dev/block/ directory so you can likely mount the flash storage manually with some terminal commands. YMMV
Thank you for all your hard and dedicated work. On that note, do you feel that a LOS port 15.1 - 17.1 is in the works in the near future for this tablet?

zit501

Sep 23, 2019
I have an A7600-H, which is identical to the A7600-F, but with 3G data.

I already kinda guessed it wouldn't work, but I've tried installing this custom rom onto my A7600-H, and also a stock A7600-F rom. Both failed as expected.

I don't need the 3G to work anymore, I just want the tablet to be on a newer version of android.

I'm guessing it's not straightforward to modify the custom rom to work on an A7600-H?

zit501

Sep 23, 2019
Perhaps not possible to substitute the custom rom system files into the A7600-H rom pack, then flash that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello A7600-F Tablet owners, It's been awhile since there has been an updated ROM for this tablet. I have released ported ROMs for this tablet before, however they all had some annoying bugs and many of you reported issues with corrupted SD card partitions. The goal of this ROM is to provide as close to daily driver material for this old tablet as possible.

What better ROM than Resurrection Remix to do the job! :good:

Instructions:

Follow carefully! This process involves going back to STOCK firmware FIRST! This is to ensure your Internal storage gets properly formatted.
    SAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA! (Some where other than your tablet) You will lose it when flashing stock firmware. Don't worry about the struggles of getting ROOT on stock firmware, I have expedited the process greatly.

STEP 1: Get back to stock firmware. THIS STEP ERASES EVERYTHING, so save your data!!! Don't skip this step.
    - Get any stock firmware file from here and follow the tutorial also in this link!

- The SP-Flash tool and drivers are all conveniently included with the firmware download.​
    - Don't worry about taking the battery out when the tutorial says to.​
    - If you have issues with the driver provided in the download, try these. (Run dpinst.exe)​
    - Once completed boot into the new firmware just to ensure that you were successful. (Don't worry about going through initial setup we don't need it)

STEP 2: Install TWRP without root. You should now have a stock A7600-F Tablet, lets put TWRP back on.
    - We will install TWRP with the same SP-Flash tool so that root is not required.
    - Download the SP-Flashable TWRP image and scatter file from here.
    - Follow the instructions in the tutorial linked in step 1 again but use the extracted TWRP scatter file you just downloaded instead of the stock firmware scatter file.

- You should only see "RECOVERY" listed in SP Flash Tool instead of all the stock partitions like last time​
    - Once complete unplug the USB and use Vol-UP and Power buttons to get into TWRP

STEP 3: Wiping Instructions. THIS IS IMPORTANT! You should have TWRP installed and running at this point.
    - DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE! Doing so will cause the Corrupt SD-Card errors!
    - Just don't do it! There is never any need to wipe internal storage on most devices.
    - Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe
    - Select only: Dalvik/Art Cache, System, Cache, and Data
    - Wipe it.

STEP 4: Installing RR 7.1.2. You should now have an A7600-F with the stock partitions restored, and no ROM installed, sitting in the TWRP main menu.
    - ROM Download: here
    - GAPPS Download: here (Select Arm, 7.1, and whatever size you want)
    - Now simply flash the ROM ZIP followed by the Gapps ZIP.

Reboot and Enjoy!

Things I improved over previous ROM PORTS:
    - Better Audio quality
    - Smoother Substratum OMS Support
    - Camera Fixes
    - FM Radio (Headphones only)

Kernel Source: here
    OK, firstly wanna thank you for this awesome rom, it's stable and fast, no major issue with it. What I did find, however, is that the camera flash is not working along with the night mode which is not turning on. Besides those two issues, everything seems to be in working order

Cheers!
    Thanks SaberShip. The ROM works great for general use and apps but I'm having an issue downloading files. It says SD card not found Download to default folder. I attempt to download to Downloads folder where it says I have 10.43gb stroage available but it keeps telling me SD card not found. I don't use an SD card for storage on the device. Do I need to use one or can you offer any other advice? I've carefully gone through above installation steps 3 times.

---------- Post added 08-02-2019 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-02-2019 at 11:57 PM ----------

So I put in an sd card and I then had option to save to downloads or sd. I still could not select downloads but I could select sd card which is worrying for me now. Thanks again Sabership. Nice work

What app are you using? I have not seen any issues with downloading yet. If you see 10.43Gb it sounds like your internal storage is formatted correctly. I haven't seen any download issues with Firefox and ES-File Explorer.
    Thank you for the new firmware. However, the instructions to install the Android USB driver in smartphone flash tool (link below) the link below does not work.. There is a signature error and everyone (as per youtube video comments) is having same problem.

https://androidmtk.com/flash-stock-rom-using-smart-phone-flash-tool

Pls advise.

Main post updated with signed drivers. Please try it now. :)

Just tested, It works perfectly with my USB wireless Keyboard and mouse combo.
    When I tried a USB flash drive it did not mount automatically, however "SDA" does appear in the /dev/block/ directory so you can likely mount the flash storage manually with some terminal commands. YMMV