[ROM][7.1.2_r36][DEC-31]Resurrection Remix N KLTE[5.8.5][klte+variants]

Search This thread

Mcha01

May 31, 2016
Hi could someone tell me if nightlight works for them, I can see live display making a difference but night light doesn't even if I turn live display off too I've attached some screenshots - I was hoping it would be similar to f.lux which tints based on sunrise and sunset - live display seems similar so it's maybe just me being confused.
Its inside live display, and its working for me :confused:

damianiw

May 22, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thanks for trying to help on my phone it doesn't appear to make any visible difference to the display even when I manually switch it on the screen colour is identical to my eyes - my screenshots are matching what I see perhaps its my eyes or my model, I appreciate the time you've given to reply to my query but think I'll just stick with live display.

I think it doesn't apply on screenshot , i just took. A screen shot while enabled and disabled it to see the screenshot, it didn't applied

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mcha01

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Infinite delay in screen-lock startup.

I've been happily using this ROM for a long time on my KLTE device.

Recently, I've noticed an issue that I can't figure out.

I have my screen lock timeout set to 2 minutes. The timing works fine ... if the device is idle for that amount of time, it indeed starts the lock procedure.

However, instead of locking the screen, the display simply dims and remains in that state without the locking actually taking place. I believe that there is supposed to be a short time window at the start of the lock process where the screen dims for a few seconds before the locking actually takes effect. On my device, this time window now seems to last forever.

I can't find anywhere to set the duration of that time window,

I understand that this could be due to the side effect of one or more of my installed apps, although I haven't figured out which one(s). However, I'm wondering if perhaps there is some build prop or sysctl value or other configuration variable that I can set within this ROM to get this pre-screen-lock dim time back to a reasonable value.

Thanks in advance for any help that any of you could offer.
.​

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Install failed because of device confusion.

I have been using this ROM on my KLTE device (SM-G900T) for a long time. I hadn't upgraded for a while, and I decided to install the latest version:
RR-O-v6.1.0-20180806-klte-Official.zip

When performing the ROM flash, I got this error, however:

E3004: This package is for device: klte,klteacg,klteatt,kltecan,kltelra,kltetmo,klteub,klteusc,kltevzw,kltexx: this device is .

In other words, my system seems to think that my device is of type "." (a single dot) instead of KLTE ... or maybe the dot is the period at the end of the sentence, in which case my system considers its device name to be an empty string.

The value of Settings -> About phone -> Device name is "klte". The ro.rr.device build prop setting is also "klte".

I have done numerous upgrades of this ROM over the past year or so without this problem occurring.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem so I am able to install this ROM?

Thank you very much in advance.
.​

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Using the official instructions, ROM flash seems guaranteed to fail

UPDATE: I did some investigation, and it appears that this ROM update is doomed to fail if we follow the official install instructions.

Those instructions say that we need to wipe /system before flashing the ROM, but if we do so, we lose the build props, which means that the following code at the top of this ROM's META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script will always fail ...

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "klte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klte" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "klteacg" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klteacg" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "klteatt" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klteatt" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltecan" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltecan" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltelra" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltelra" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltetmo" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "klteub" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klteub" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "klteusc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klteusc" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltevzw" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltevzw" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltexx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltexx" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: klte,klteacg,klteatt,kltecan,kltelra,kltetmo,klteub,klteusc,kltevzw,kltexx; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););

Do I understand this correctly, or am I missing something?

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

FURTHER UPDATE:
Actually, even without wiping /system, the flash fails on my device. But I got it to flash by (1) unzipping the ROM bundle; (2) editing update-script and removing those lines; (3) reconstructing a new ROM zip file from this modified code; (4) flashing with the modified ROM.
.​

Last edited:

swiftbones74

Mar 13, 2017
Taos New Mexico
UPDATE: I did some investigation, and it appears that this ROM update is doomed to fail if we follow the official install instructions.

Those instructions say that we need to wipe /system before flashing the ROM, but if we do so, we lose the build props, which means that the following code at the top of this ROM's META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script will always fail ...

Do I understand this correctly, or am I missing something?

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

FURTHER UPDATE:
Actually, even without wiping /system, the flash fails on my device. But I got it to flash by (1) unzipping the ROM bundle; (2) editing update-script and removing those lines; (3) reconstructing a new ROM zip file from this modified code; (4) flashing with the modified ROM.
.​
Do I understand right? You updated to Oreo from Nougat? A clean install is the only way to do that if you don't want problems.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Labs

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Do I understand right? You updated to Oreo from Nougat? A clean install is the only way to do that if you don't want problems.

Oh! I wasn't paying attention, and I didn't realize that the ROM is for Oreo until installation. Apologies for the bandwidth.

Actually, I got it installed (with the modified ROM) and it seems to be running fine, but I'll keep my eyes open for any potential problems and do a clean install later if necessary.
.​

Last edited:
Reactions: swiftbones74

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
... except ...

After a full factory reset of my KLTE device, I still get the following error when attempting to flash this ROM ...

E3004: This package is for device: klte,klteacg,klteatt,kltecan,kltelra,kltetmo,klteub,klteusc,kltevzw,kltexx: this device is .
.​

swiftbones74

Mar 13, 2017
Taos New Mexico
... except ...

After a full factory reset of my KLTE device, I still get the following error when attempting to flash this ROM ...

.​

I am going to take a shot in the dark and say you need to update TWIRP. The latest for klte is 3.2.3-0. I am wondering also if you flashed proper gapps for 8.1.2 ?

I personally prefer RR_N. If you want to check out an unofficial Nougat RR build with latest security patches look here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/unified-development/rom-rr-n-5-8-5-t3815397/page7

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Labs

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
I am going to take a shot in the dark and say you need to update TWIRP. The latest for klte is 3.2.3-0. I am wondering also if you flashed proper gapps for 8.1.2 ?

I personally prefer RR_N. If you want to check out an unofficial Nougat RR build with latest security patches look here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/unified-development/rom-rr-n-5-8-5-t3815397/page7
Thank you very much.

Flashing this ROM is the first step and gapps comes second. I didn't even get to the gapps step when this error occurred with the ROM flash.

I'll try the newer TWRP. I'm currently on 3.1.0-1.

I'm wondering if perhaps I need to install a newer bootloader before the Oreo flash would work.

Also, I'll look into the Nougat build you mentioned. Thank you!
.​

Reactions: swiftbones74

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
... I'll try the newer TWRP. I'm currently on 3.1.0-1.
[ ... ]
Also, I'll look into the Nougat build you mentioned.

I upgraded TWRP. It works fine, but that didn't fix my problem with flashing the Oreo ROM.

I tried that Nougat build. I was able to load it, but I noticed occasional FC's with some of my apps that I never experienced on the older Nougat ROM, so I went back to that ROM. Later I'll spend more time investigating that issue.

I'm still trying to figure out why the Oreo ROM won't flash.
.​

Deydacar3

Jan 29, 2018
Hi guys, which camera is the best for lineageos 15.1, I mean an app that comes closer to the s5 stock camera. I tried camera zoom FX and camera FV5 but they don't work well in lineage 15.1

Top Liked Posts