[ROM][7.1.2_r36][DEC-31]Resurrection Remix N KLTE[5.8.5][klte+variants]

Search This thread

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
RR-O-6.1.0_xxxx updater script can't work with 5.8.3 ROMs

I have a KLTE device, and I have been using a 5.8.3 version of this ROM for a while. I decided to try out the RR-O-6.1.0_xxxxx series that is now being offered in this thread, but I'm having a problem upgrading.

The updater_script within the RR-O-6.1.0_xxxx ROM bundles checks the ro.product.device and ro.build.product build props to make sure that the current ROM is compatible for this upgrade. However, in this 5.8.3 ROM, neither of these build.props are set to any value at all. The only similar build prop setting for that ROM is an attribute called rr.ro.device, which indeed is set to "klte" on my device.

I know I can edit the build props or perhaps upgrade first to a 5.8.5 ROM which might (???) contain either ro.product.device or ro.build.product. And I know how to edit updater_script in a ROM bundle. But since 5.8.3 is a valid Resurrection Remix ROM release, it would be helpful if the RR-O-6.1.0 updater_script also checks the rr.ro.device property, in addition to those other two.

Thank you to the maintainers for at least considering this request of mine.

PS: On the download links offered in this thread, only the RR-O-6.1.0 ROMs are available. Otherwise, I wouldn't be reporting this in this thread.

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

For clarity, here is more detail ...

The error I get when trying to flash any RR-O-6.1.0 ROM after a factory reset is this:

E3004: This package is for device: klte,klteacg,klteatt,kltecan,kltelra,kltetmo,klteub,klteusc,kltevzw,kltexx: this device is .

And at the top of updater_script for that ROM series, the following code exists:

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "klte" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klte" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "klteacg" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klteacg" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "klteatt" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klteatt" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltecan" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltecan" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltelra" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltelra" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltetmo" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltetmo" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "klteub" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klteub" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "klteusc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "klteusc" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltevzw" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltevzw" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "kltexx" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "kltexx" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: klte,klteacg,klteatt,kltecan,kltelra,kltetmo,klteub,klteusc,kltevzw,kltexx; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
.​

Last edited:

Deydacar3

Jan 29, 2018
Thanks, I tried the mod you left and the truth is that it works very well on the g900p. The camera has notable improvements, and slow-motion recording is going very well. Thank you again

Emazed

Oct 22, 2013
I'd like to start by saying fantastic rom! I can't believe my 4 year old phone can be this buttery smooth.

I'm having one slight problem though, on some occasions the screen will glitch out and and have a sort of"tear" effect to it, or else on rare occasions the screen will go black. Clicking the power button to turn the screen off and turn it back on fixes both these problems so it's not a MAJOR issue.

I just wanted to know is this a known problem or is there a fix for this issue? thanks once again to the dev of this great rom. Your work is massively appreciated by me! :D

SohamD

Jan 28, 2017
Mumbai
I'm having one slight problem though, on some occasions the screen will glitch out and and have a sort of"tear" effect to it, or else on rare occasions the screen will go black. Clicking the power button to turn the screen off and turn it back on fixes both these problems so it's not a MAJOR issue.

I just wanted to know is this a known problem or is there a fix for this issue? thanks once again to the dev of this great rom. Your work is massively appreciated by me! :D
Yup it happens to me as well. The screen just fails to turn on on the first try sometimes. A lot of people's phones have this issue. It's just that our screens have been damaged. So I don't think that the dev could do anything about it.

brickman

Oct 20, 2009
I'd like to start by saying fantastic rom! I can't believe my 4 year old phone can be this buttery smooth.

Might be the screen ribbon is loose,happened to me.Just take it to a phone tech & get it checked.

Emazed

Oct 22, 2013
Yup it happens to me as well. The screen just fails to turn on on the first try sometimes. A lot of people's phones have this issue. It's just that our screens have been damaged. So I don't think that the dev could do anything about it.

Might be the screen ribbon is loose,happened to me.Just take it to a phone tech & get it checked.

Nope, definitely not. I literally never had it until I flashed this rom. Now I have it. not a massive problem and rarely happens but just thought I'd let the dev know. When the screen glitches out ect, tapping on part of the "glitched" effect returns it to normal. Definitely software... I'll try screenshot next time it happens. :)

swiftbones74

Mar 13, 2017
Taos New Mexico
Nope, definitely not. I literally never had it until I flashed this rom. Now I have it. not a massive problem and rarely happens but just thought I'd let the dev know. When the screen glitches out ect, tapping on part of the "glitched" effect returns it to normal. Definitely software... I'll try screenshot next time it happens. :)

This dev has left us a long time ago as, he got a new phone and RR official is Oreo now. If you want to stay on Nougat with way more up to date security patches try this.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/unified-development/rom-rr-n-5-8-5-t3815397/post77052244

Or if you want official RR Oreo try link below but I don't think you will get any help from the dev here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...rrection-remix-os-6-0-0-t3762443/post75867182

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Startw

Dec 29, 2018
My sim card contact are not showing for some reason.
When i go to import contacts, there is no option for sim contacts. Data and phone call/ text msgs are working well tho.
Anyone? please help me out with this issue. Other than that the rom is perfect.
My device is klte/G900f. Thanks.

funeralplanner

Oct 1, 2010
Need some help please. It has been several years since installing this ROM. I'm now trying to activate the phone for my young son to use. It is a sprint 900p and it currently has RR-N-v5.8.4-20170812-kltespr-official. For some reason I can't get the phone to program the new number and data and profile update. Just need someone to point me in the right direction. Using Team Win Recover 3.1.0-1 currently on Android 7.1.2

Last edited:
Need some help please. It has been several years since installing this ROM. I'm now trying to activate the phone for my young son to use. It is a sprint 900p and it currently has RR-N-v5.8.4-20170812-kltespr-official. For some reason I can't get the phone to program the new number and data and profile update. Just need someone to point me in the right direction. Using Team Win Recover 3.1.0-1 currently on Android 7.1.2
Does it detect the new simcard? Is the new simcard issued from sprint?

yeahman45

Dec 26, 2010
Any recommendation of kernel and settings to increase battery life? While performance is quite superb on this rom, battery life is very very poor.... I bought a new oem battery start of this year. I had much much better battery life with stock rom(but performance was quite aweful)...

Top Liked Posts