[ROM] [7.1.2_r8] [MOTO G - FALCON] ViperOS v1.1 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

apocalypsenzn

Mar 8, 2017
Duque de Caxias
Nicest ROM for Falcon

I loved this ROM, we need work for more updates :D

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Thanks for the smooth rom, but since i update to 28-05-2017 build, i don't have root for my magisk and i can't find the root option in setting. Can anyone give me a clue? I'm really confused.

Edit : Everything is alright now, it was caused by dirty flash. Sorry.

You can find the root option for apps and adb in Developer Options.

Pedro_2154

Nov 8, 2015
Rio de Janeiro
Simply amazing, by far the best ROM for Falcon

Just like the vast majority of the users here in XDA, I generally don't write any messages congratulating the developer for their commitment and outstanding dedication in making such amazing Rom's, but this one definitely deserves my time reviewing it...

Can't thank you enough for this Rom my friend, no bugs whatsoever (i've been using it for about 2 weeks now) even for a heavy user like me who leaves the kernel at full performance mode at all times. Very well optimized in terms of RAM management (miles ahead of Lineage OS) and a smart, beautifully organized, yet not abusive selection of small features that only enhance the UX.

Please keep this ROM alive!!!

ps: Mandou muito bem irmão, representou a gente com esse seu trabalho :)

anzhaki

Sep 19, 2014
Oh, but there is a user who complain the same problem in lineage os thread and it was 2 days ago. Anyway, I read that it can be solve by using WiFi keep alive application, but isn't there any zip file to fix it yet?
That is a bug with Lineage OS 14.1, which is the base for Viper OS, if I am correct. If we used a newer Lineage OS version as the base for the next Viper OS, all of those problems should be gone.

therealmuthu

Jun 28, 2017
Oh, but there is a user who complain the same problem in lineage os thread and it was 2 days ago. Anyway, I read that it can be solve by using WiFi keep alive application, but isn't there any zip file to fix it yet?
I don't think there is a zip file to fix it. I use Lineage and daily driver and the latest update fixed all of my WiFi issues, but also with the latest update, my Google Assistant stopped working. You night get different results, but that's my two cents.

Reactions: anzhaki

Captain Droid

Dec 6, 2012
Riyadh
Just finished flashing the ROM, but when i try to flash Gapps its showing insufficient memory. But there is still enough memory. What would be the problem for this error ?
i have uploaded the log. Please check.

Attachments

• open_gapps_log.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 12
  • open_gapps_debug_logs.tar.gz
    68.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

therealmuthu

Jun 28, 2017
Just finished flashing the ROM, but when i try to flash Gapps its showing insufficient memory. But there is still enough memory. What would be the problem for this error ?
i have uploaded the log. Please check.
Hi,
I don't use Viper OS on the daily, but I have used for a while. I believe it already has all of The Google Play functionality built-in. Just boot into it and give it a try. I could be wrong, but I don't remember flashing Gapps when I installed Viper OS.

ViniciusMoraes

Jan 10, 2015
Hey guys, first things first, awesome ROM, it's só damn better than lineage. Just a thing, i don't really like the size of dock ícons. I was wondering if there's a way to reduce the size without changing DPI and without custom launcher like nova launcher. Thanks

anzhaki

Sep 19, 2014
Hey guys, first things first, awesome ROM, it's só damn better than lineage. Just a thing, i don't really like the size of dock ícons. I was wondering if there's a way to reduce the size without changing DPI and without custom launcher like nova launcher. Thanks

Unfortunately it seems there isn't any menu to make changes on stock launcher.

anzhaki

Sep 19, 2014

Now it's possible to change a bunch of things in the launcher including icon's size on the latest build.
Just go in app on settings and go to Lawnchair.

anzhaki

Sep 19, 2014
I did a clean flash and noticed 2 main difference compared to the previous version:
-the new launcher is much more ram eater
-internet speed on data seems to be slower

Reactions: Pedro_2154

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wSbwCpZ.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    We are a Brazilian Team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Statusbar

* Traffic indicators
    * Statusbar items
    * Clock & date
    * Battery icon settings
    * Carrier label
    * Quick settings personalization
    * Other statusbar settings

Lockscreen
    * Custom lockscreen settings
    * Lockscreen weater

Multi tasking
    * Round button on recents

System
    * Very beautiful black theme
    * Navbar enable/disable
    * Pixel navbar (with animation) toggle
    * Dynamic navbar
    * Navbar dimensions
    * Navbar button layout
    * Hardware keys binding
    * Hardware keys enable/disable
    * Kill app back button
    * Power menu customization

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

Official website: Download

GApps:
    OpenGapps (pico/nano recommended): AndroidFileHost

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
    LineageOS team
    ResurrectionRemix Team
    crDroid Team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Other links

because it's an official build.
    stop spamming threads with unrespectful and useless posts, thanks.

Official build does not mean you're supposed to post it in original dev section.
    You have not answered my question, What is original in this ROM ?
    I cant see any feature that has been created from scratch.

Original development is reserved for ROM's that have created something that wasnt seen before in any other ROM, for eg: Omni ROM (Omni switch), AOSPA (Floating Window).

This is the reason why newer device forums have gotten rid of original dev section because its become redundant, anything is hardly original anymore.

My point stands.
    This should be moved to Development section.

And the reason i posted this on 2 threads is, because firstly DnD maintainer posted in original Dev section and i ignored it thinking it might be ignorance or a mistake.

But now this was posted here too.
    That is all.
    3.0 is out already , are we getting the update
    https://download.viper-os.com/falcon/
    No bugs for the moment:good: