• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][7.1][osprey] Unofficial CyanogenMod 14.1 [VoLTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FireLord

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2014
Noida
firelord.github.io
Lenovo P2
Redmi K20 Pro
1oXkC6z.png

CyanogenMod 14.1
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
This works only on XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Video Playback
  • VoLTE

Not Working/Bugs
  • /

Installation
Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
  2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
  3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
  4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  5. Wipe Dalvik cache
  6. Install the ROM zip
  7. DO NOT REBOOT
  8. Install the Gapps zip
  9. Reboot

Source
Kernel

Downloads
Gdrive

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][7.1][osprey] Unofficial CyanogenMod 14.1 [VoLTE], ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
FireLord, Alberto97, squid2
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-03
Last Updated 2016-12-03

Attachments

• photo977047847036889039.jpg
    photo977047847036889039.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 927
  • photo1071008747787233433.jpg
    photo1071008747787233433.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 919

FireLord

Dec 19, 2014
Noida
firelord.github.io
Lenovo P2
Redmi K20 Pro

Agu_Ra

Jun 24, 2014
Lviv
Will see.. I like being unofficial mostly..
Well, that's how open-source works: you fork something and either release it with exclusive features or contribute things back, I prefer the latter, yet Apache License allows to keep your changes closed-source, so we should be fine with it. Anyway, thank you for your effort, I hope it will stop VoLTE spam in official thread. Cheers.

FireLord

Dec 19, 2014
Noida
firelord.github.io
Lenovo P2
Redmi K20 Pro
Well, that's how open-source works: you fork something and either release it with exclusive features or contribute things back, I prefer the latter, yet Apache License allows to keep your changes closed-source, so we should be fine with it. Anyway, thank you for your effort, I hope it will stop VoLTE spam in official thread. Cheers.
Well I release codes but trying to make ROMs official kills me.. I dropped making ROMs for osprey after xosp bcz of making official thing.. i will push to Gerrit soon.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
@FireLord : Great work dev. I hope this helps many people wishing to use VoLTE with custom roms.
@androidbaba : Thank you very much for the behind the scene testing. I highly appreciate your contribution, brother :)
Sorry for OT though.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

Last edited:
Reactions: androidbaba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1oXkC6z.png

CyanogenMod 14.1
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    This works only on XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • VoLTE

Not Working/Bugs
    • /

Installation
    Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT
    8. Install the Gapps zip
    9. Reboot

Source
    Kernel

Downloads
    Gdrive

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1][osprey] Unofficial CyanogenMod 14.1 [VoLTE], ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    FireLord, Alberto97, squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-03
    Last Updated 2016-12-03
    Reserved

* Huge thanks to alberto for providing source code on github
    * I made this just for controlling spam about VoLTE by indian users
    * Enjoy yea!
    * Thanks to tester: androidbaba (jayesh)
    Sources pushed now.. gerrit: https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/175388/
    my git tree: https://github.com/FireLord1/android_device_motorola_msm8916-common
    my vendor tree: https://github.com/FireLord1/android_vendor_motorola

by this.. alberto still needs testing, when he is done then he will merge then we can get volte supported nightlies and sadly ill close this thread too.
    Update : Fire, i found two bugs but not sure whether its only for me.
    1. Hotspot - At times hotspot doesnt seem to work. its turned on but its not seen it other devices. i have tried all basic methods like restarting ,resetting networks etc.
    2. RESTART - When we try to restart and press restart option it gets stuck there, have to long press power button to restart then.

btw, using open mini gapss
    1. It is fine here bro. But let's wait Alberto needs to merge 7.1.1 changes in kernel to fix some glitches. Have to wait
    2. Umm cm is still fixing their features stuff maybe that's why ?

Can these patchs can be appiled to CM12/13 bcoz we can use older CM for patchrom base like Flyme OS and Miui so that volte can work on them also?
    No more cm12 but will try on mm base.. need time, I have exams too and for this I just had 3 hrs sleep from total of 24 hrs ?? just to control spam about VoLTE, tbh I'm using miui by miui port Dev.