[ROM] [7.1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Nexus 5 [16/11/2016]

Search This thread

Santhosh M

Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognize
aO6A9Ca.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works ? :

• Almost everything

What doesn't ? :

• Stuff that i might i have failed to note in my usage

Do not report CM related bugs / CM features as CM is very much in alpha stage

Changelogs:

16/11/2016:
  • Sync with latest CM
  • AOSP night display feature enabled (non-CM feature)

28/10/2016:
  • Initial cm14.1 release & sync with latest CM

12/10/2016:
  1. Sync with latest CM

03/10/2016:
  1. Sync with latest CM

26/09/2016:
  • Sync with latest CM
  • Fix bluetooth
  • Fix calls outgoing issue (cm side) [ I have made a call and it works]
  • Other minor changes

Instructions:

1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM (via TWRP)
2. Install ROM
3. Install GApps (optionally) [GApps recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (7.1)]

Downloads
CM 14.1 for hammerhead (16/11/2016)

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 14, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
Santhosh M
Source Code: https://github.com/sandymanu/hammerhead_nkernel

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-11-16

Created 2016-09-23
Last Updated 2016-11-16

chrisk44

Mar 21, 2016
Xanthi
Settings -> Status bar:
Battery status style and Battery percentage options don't change anything.
After sliding the notification bar to change the brightness, then anywhere I touch it's pulling the notification bar down. I need to touch the bar and then do anything else.
Quick pulldown doesn't work.

Settings -> Profiles:
Clicking "Preferred network type (CARD 1)" while setting up a profile crashes CyanogenMod Settings.
WiFi triggers don't work (can't test bluetooth or nfc). Profile doesn't change with trigger.

Launcher:
Icons in app drawer are not aligned. Tried all the Display Size options under Display settings, same thing.

Camera:
Google Camera takes great photos, videos show green screen flickers at both 1080p and 720p.
The stock camera takes good photos (doesn't have hdr), videos stutter, no green artifacts.
Footej camera works perfectly.
OnePlus camera (from here) also seems to work perfectly.

There is no wallpaper picker, only Live Wallpapers option and it doesn't have anything.

Oh, and also, I can't make a phone call or take one. Trying to make a phone call or recieving one causes a soft reboot.
This might have something to do with Gapps, I've encountered something similar in cm13 on g2. My procedure with this was Wipe -> Install ROM -> Install Gapps via Aroma installer (very few apps), same config I used at your AOSP build -> First boot.

Last edited:

szili9992

Dec 4, 2012
Settings -> Status bar:
After sliding the notification bar to change the brightness, then anywhere I touch it's pulling the notification bar down. I need to touch the bar and then do anything else.

Settings -> Profiles:
Clicking "Preferred network type (CARD 1)" while setting up a profile crashes CyanogenMod Settings.
WiFi triggers don't work (can't test bluetooth or nfc). Profile doesn't change with trigger.

Launcher:
Icons in app drawer are not aligned. Tried all the Display Size options under Display settings, same thing.

Camera:
Google Camera takes great photos, videos show green screen flickers at both 1080p and 720p.
The stock camera takes good photos (doesn't have hdr), videos stutter, no green artifacts.

There is no wallpaper picker, only Live Wallpapers option and it doesn't have anything.

Oh, and also, I can't make a phone call or take one. Trying to make a phone call or recieving one causes a soft reboot.
This might have something to do with Gapps, I've encountered something similar in cm13 on g2. My procedure with this was Wipe -> Install ROM -> Install Gapps via Aroma installer (very few apps), same config I used at your AOSP build -> First boot.

You have to set your dialer app as default app for phone calls in settings.

Santhosh M

Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognize
Settings -> Status bar:

Settings -> Profiles:

Launcher:

Camera:

Do not report CM related bugs / cm feature bugs

Reactions: simplicio11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aO6A9Ca.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works ? :

• Almost everything

What doesn't ? :

• Stuff that i might i have failed to note in my usage

Do not report CM related bugs / CM features as CM is very much in alpha stage

Changelogs:

16/11/2016:
    • Sync with latest CM
    • AOSP night display feature enabled (non-CM feature)

28/10/2016:
    • Initial cm14.1 release & sync with latest CM

12/10/2016:
    1. Sync with latest CM

03/10/2016:
    1. Sync with latest CM

26/09/2016:
    • Sync with latest CM
    • Fix bluetooth
    • Other minor changes

Instructions:

1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM (via TWRP)
    2. Install ROM
    3. Install GApps (optionally) [GApps recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (7.1)]

Downloads
    CM 14.1 for hammerhead (16/11/2016)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    Santhosh M
    Source Code: https://github.com/sandymanu/hammerhead_nkernel

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-11-16

Created 2016-09-23
    Last Updated 2016-11-16
    New build (26/09/2016)

Hi all,

New build released

Changelogs:

26/09/2016:
    • Sync with latest CM
    • Fix bluetooth ( tried pairing with a device and it works]
    • Other minor changes

Flash and have fun ! Do pass feedbacks if you flash :)

I see no activity in this thread and hence i assume people aren't interested in cm14 from my end :) Should i keep updating the rom ?

Regards
    Santhosh
    New build (28/10/2016)

Hi all,

New build released. This is the first 7.1 (cm 14.1) release

Note : Don't expect many CM features to work as cm14.1 is highly under construction. Please do not report any CM feature related bugs

Changelog:

• Initial cm14.1 release and sync with latest CM

I have tested all the basics and they work fine

Flash and have fun :)

Regards
    Santhosh
    New build (03/09/2016)

Hi all,

New build released

Changelog:

1. Sync with latest CM

I didn't have much time to test ( Just flashed and check if it boots and basics are there ).

Would be better if you guys flash and lemme know if anything is broken :)

Regards
    Santhosh
    New build (12/10/2016)

Hi all,

Not much has been fixed at cm level (cm features). Only few features have been fixed & added !

Still updating for you guys. Flash and have fun

Changelog :
    • Sync with latest CM

Lemme know if anything major is broken in the latest build. I have tested basics and all looked good :)

Regards
    Santhosh
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone