• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [7.1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Nexus 5 [16/11/2016]

Search This thread

manojks256

Nov 13, 2011
Getting below on opening substratum theme engine. Any help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161019-212354.png
    Screenshot_20161019-212354.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 644

LandLMM

Nov 22, 2014
Fantastic work...

Hello there,

Thank you for this fantastic work :good::good::good:
It is really efficient and stable. I have been using the latest version (12/10/2016) extremely hard during the past hours ... I haven't come across any significant problems in terms of communication. The only things that I noticed were connected with the "Battery status style" & "Battery percentage". When you try to change the "Battery status style" to the circle/ landscape/ portrait/ text or hidden, it indeed works, but it seems that it is not displayed in accordance with the chosen option. The same problem in terms of the options is visible in the case of the "Battery percentage".

Could anyone confirm that it is not only in my case please?

Cyclej

Apr 9, 2011
Really weird bug? Try installing any paid app from the Amazon App store. It won't run, claiming it needs an update that turns out not to be available, then the app closes.

Anyone else?

Having said that, this ROM is unbelievably terrific this early in the process! Thank you @Santhosh M

Edit: After searching around a bit I found out that the Amazon app is to blame. Doesn't support nougat yet.

Last edited:

kvrjsoni

May 5, 2012
I'm facing an issue with the proximity sensor during the call, after i put the phone on my ear the screen goes black (that's normal) but if i want to end the call there is no way to do that, the screen just stays black , End call with power button also doesn't work
Anybody else facing such an issue?

Blind56

Oct 18, 2016
Guys, encountered a problem. The clock app disappeared after I once rebooted the phone. Gapps is OpenGapps. tried reinstalling the gapps installing from Google play (returned error code -505), nothing helped. is there any way to fix it without clean ROM reinstall?

Cyclej

Apr 9, 2011
Guys, encountered a problem. The clock app disappeared after I once rebooted the phone. Gapps is OpenGapps. tried reinstalling the gapps installing from Google play (returned error code -505), nothing helped. is there any way to fix it without clean ROM reinstall?
Install the Google clock app from the play store.

Edit: Doh! Missed the -505!

Last edited:

LandLMM

Nov 22, 2014
I believe that I observed something, i.e. 12/10/2016 CM ROM + 18/10/2016 Gapps.
Could anyone confirm that it is possible to import the list of contacts, for example, from the *.vcf file to the phone memory/ no sync? I've tried to do that, but it is currently impossible because the phone is not visible on the list where one can import the contacts. However, it seems that one can import the contacts to the Google account at the moment.

Thank you for this great work. :good:

Blind56

Oct 18, 2016
As i said, it always returns error code -505

Okay. fixed it. Here's what i did:
- wiped cache and dalvic, reflashed cm zip (don't think that it is necessary)
- connected phone to pc
- uninstalled clock package via adb
- installed gapps without clock app
Seems okay. the clock is working, at least.
EDIT: yes, the clock works, but other google apps (not only those that come with opengapps) keep crashing. i suspect that reinstalling of cm was the reason (but i'm not sure)
EDIT 2: Fixed the crashes. It appeared to be that apps that were crashing were ones that i installed, so i simply reinstalled them and everything is okay.

Last edited:

LandLMM

Nov 22, 2014
I'm facing an issue with the proximity sensor during the call, after i put the phone on my ear the screen goes black (that's normal) but if i want to end the call there is no way to do that, the screen just stays black , End call with power button also doesn't work
Anybody else facing such an issue?

Well, how about such solutions?
After I had done the obligatory backups with TWRP 3.0.2.0 and Titanium PRO (ONLY all user apps+data, NO system apps+data) , I did the clean installation 12/10/2016 ROM + Gapps 18/10/2016, everything wiped except the internal storage in advance.

I tested 2 scenarios:
1) I installed 12/10/2016 ROM + Gapps 18/10/2016 only and tried to phone quite a few numbers, the power button didn't work at all. However, the proximity sensor operated perfectly fine each time.
2) The first scenario already tested, so that I additionally migrated my apps+data thru Titanium PRO in order to enrich the phone's functionality, and again tried to phone a few numbers. The problem with the power button persisted, but the proximity sensor operated perfectly fine each time.

I think it might be a software issue rather than the hardware one at this stage of development. Even if I toggled the power button option in the settings and it was "on", it was still inactive. Toggled a few times more, still no reaction.

Let us know if these solutions were of any help please...

Last edited:

andPS2

Jan 15, 2011
i think the old root via supersu beta wont work here
since its generating a patched image - guess thats not compatible yet with 7.1 right guys?

p.s. sorry wrong thread i meant the aosp thread by santoshm

Last edited:

davidshen84

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks Santhosh~

Could you give a comment on this package. Do you think we can flash this package on top of this one?

Or maybe you could also integrate that driver update package into this one?

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Currently rocking CM13 nightly on an encrypted phone, how stable is this unofficial build for everyday use

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Labs

I upgraded from CM13, and I got a SQLite exception in the Phone app. I have to wipe everything to get the phone work normally. So do a backup before you do anything.

I also found a few app does not work. I have not checked the exceptions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aO6A9Ca.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What works ? :

• Almost everything

What doesn't ? :

• Stuff that i might i have failed to note in my usage

Do not report CM related bugs / CM features as CM is very much in alpha stage

Changelogs:

16/11/2016:
    • Sync with latest CM
    • AOSP night display feature enabled (non-CM feature)

28/10/2016:
    • Initial cm14.1 release & sync with latest CM

12/10/2016:
    1. Sync with latest CM

03/10/2016:
    1. Sync with latest CM

26/09/2016:
    • Sync with latest CM
    • Fix bluetooth
    • Fix calls outgoing issue (cm side) [ I have made a call and it works]
    • Other minor changes

Instructions:

1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM (via TWRP)
    2. Install ROM
    3. Install GApps (optionally) [GApps recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (7.1)]

Downloads
    CM 14.1 for hammerhead (16/11/2016)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    Santhosh M
    Source Code: https://github.com/sandymanu/hammerhead_nkernel

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-11-16

Created 2016-09-23
    Last Updated 2016-11-16
    New build (26/09/2016)

Hi all,

New build released

Changelogs:

26/09/2016:
    • Sync with latest CM
    • Fix bluetooth ( tried pairing with a device and it works]
    • Fix calls outgoing issue (cm side) [ I have made a call and it works]
    • Other minor changes

Flash and have fun ! Do pass feedbacks if you flash :)

I see no activity in this thread and hence i assume people aren't interested in cm14 from my end :) Should i keep updating the rom ?

Regards
    Santhosh
    New build (28/10/2016)

Hi all,

New build released. This is the first 7.1 (cm 14.1) release

Note : Don't expect many CM features to work as cm14.1 is highly under construction. Please do not report any CM feature related bugs

Changelog:

• Initial cm14.1 release and sync with latest CM

I have tested all the basics and they work fine

Flash and have fun :)

Regards
    Santhosh
    New build (03/09/2016)

Hi all,

New build released

Changelog:

1. Sync with latest CM

I didn't have much time to test ( Just flashed and check if it boots and basics are there ).

Would be better if you guys flash and lemme know if anything is broken :)

Regards
    Santhosh
    New build (12/10/2016)

Hi all,

Not much has been fixed at cm level (cm features). Only few features have been fixed & added !

Still updating for you guys. Flash and have fun

Changelog :
    • Sync with latest CM

Lemme know if anything major is broken in the latest build. I have tested basics and all looked good :)

Regards
    Santhosh