[ROM][7.1] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 Nightlies Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi (mondrianwifi)

Search This thread

phoval

Aug 11, 2010
Nantes
nyyu.tk
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Issues:
  • Rear Camera & Torch

Instructions:
1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
2. Install ROM
3. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (7.1)]

Sources & Changes:
Changes
Device tree
Kernel tree

Download:
  • Downloads: https://nyyu.tk/cm/
  • Jenkins: https://nyyu.tk/jenkins/job/cm14.1_mondrianwifi/
  • Dependencies / local manifest:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
    <manifest> 
        <project name="nyyu/android_device_samsung_mondrianwifi" path="device/samsung/mondrianwifi" remote="github" /> 
        <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_mondrianwifi" path="kernel/samsung/mondrianwifi" remote="github" /> 
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8974-common" path="device/samsung/msm8974-common" remote="github" /> 
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" /> 
        <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" /> 
        <project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" /> 
        <project name="LineageOS/android_external_sony_boringssl-compat" path="external/sony/boringssl-compat" remote="github" /> 
        <project name="nyyu/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" /> 
    </manifest>

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet. See the disclaimer above.

Contributors
phoval
ROM OS Version: 7.x - Nougat

Version Information

Created 2016-11-03
Last Updated 2017-01-17

Last edited:

Rikodu

Sep 9, 2012
Morocco
Thanks man! Now downloading! Will report back...

Edit: it feels so smooth. Apart from the camera, everything works perfectly. Thank you dear @phoval. You're amazing!

Edit 2: Flash doesn't work!

Last edited:

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
So is Google setup wizard work ? I mean flash rom then flash zip to remove
Cm setup and then flash Gapps to get Google setup , is a good idea ?
(Useful to get the restore option)

sjavvaji

Jul 4, 2010
Thanks so much for making a CM14.1 Rom for this device! Haven't noticed anything wrong other than nonfunctional camera, flash, and Hangouts force closing while typing.

WisdomWarlord

Jun 10, 2014
Metro Detroit
Will someone do me a favor? Install Real Racing 3 and race a few races and tell me if it's stable? On anything above 5.1.1 it's a hot mess. I'd like to run 7 and have Real Racing 3, but if I can't, I pick the game and an older flavor of Android. Thanks

innocentus

Jun 30, 2012
Budapest
Will someone do me a favor? Install Real Racing 3 and race a few races and tell me if it's stable? On anything above 5.1.1 it's a hot mess. I'd like to run 7 and have Real Racing 3, but if I can't, I pick the game and an older flavor of Android. Thanks
installed rr3 played half hour all good no errors .i get the latest nightly 11.10 factory reset reboot twrp wipe cache system flash..gl
i changed because battery has goone crazy have tablet 1+ year at first with cm13 4 hours heavy usage now max 2hrs and charge slowly ,need to change battery maybe ?thx

Last edited:
Reactions: WisdomWarlord

Rikodu

Sep 9, 2012
Morocco
installed rr3 played half hour all good no errors .i get the latest nightly 11.10 factory reset reboot twrp wipe cache system flash..gl
i changed because battery has goone crazy have tablet 1+ year at first with cm13 4 hours heavy usage now max 2hrs and charge slowly ,need to change battery maybe ?thx

I had CM 13.0 and moved to CM 14 after a full wipe. My first dirty flash after the first nightly made the battery drain really fast. I disconnected the battery then put it back but to no avail. The solution was to full wipe then flash the latest nightly (08 or 09 november). I charged my tablet to 100% yesterday morning (gmt). Today I still have 44% as I am writing this! Hope this will help!

Reactions: innocentus

innocentus

Jun 30, 2012
Budapest
I had CM 13.0 and moved to CM 14 after a full wipe. My first dirty flash after the first nightly made the battery drain really fast. I disconnected the battery then put it back but to no avail. The solution was to full wipe then flash the latest nightly (08 or 09 november). I charged my tablet to 100% yesterday morning (gmt). Today I still have 44% as I am writing this! Hope this will help!
never did a full wipe on tablet since i buy it only dirty maybe i should thx

mongonexus

Oct 21, 2012
bayville
thankyou for the builds,camera still doinked but its ok glad to have builds for a few years on this excellent device,,,cr palmer has done beautiful for us chuckleheads hope hes still gonna rock with us,,ty again

Reactions: innocentus

kkalkan

Oct 8, 2011
antalya
Front camera working with different camera application. The rear camera is still not working.
There is no built-in weather application. Weather widget does not have weather conditioner.
Apart from these errors very quickly. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Issues:
    • Rear Camera & Torch

Instructions:
    1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
    2. Install ROM
    3. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (7.1)]

Sources & Changes:
    Changes
    Device tree
    Kernel tree

Download:
    • Downloads: https://nyyu.tk/cm/
    • Jenkins: https://nyyu.tk/jenkins/job/cm14.1_mondrianwifi/
    • Dependencies / local manifest:
      Code:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
      <manifest> 
          <project name="nyyu/android_device_samsung_mondrianwifi" path="device/samsung/mondrianwifi" remote="github" /> 
          <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_mondrianwifi" path="kernel/samsung/mondrianwifi" remote="github" /> 
          <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8974-common" path="device/samsung/msm8974-common" remote="github" /> 
          <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" /> 
          <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" /> 
          <project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" /> 
          <project name="LineageOS/android_external_sony_boringssl-compat" path="external/sony/boringssl-compat" remote="github" /> 
          <project name="nyyu/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" /> 
      </manifest>

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet. See the disclaimer above.

Contributors
    phoval
    ROM OS Version: 7.x - Nougat

Version Information

Created 2016-11-03
    Last Updated 2017-01-17
    The most recent builds are very stable and fast. :eek:
    Please take a look the dolphin browser crashing issue. I like it so much because it can always keep runs under desktop mode and build-in AD-Away function.
    There isn't anyway to make camera work?

Hello everyone.....
    This is the newest version of twrp for SM-T320
    Yes it is Twrp 3.2.2-0 made by @TwrpBuilder and Fixed many problems by @Marc0601

All releases link:-https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_samsung_mondrianwifi/releases

Last release link:-https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/andr...fi/releases/tag/untagged-a27bb36dd91c1a1bc9cb

Source:-https://github.com/TwrpBuilder/android_device_samsung_mondrianwifi

Bugs: nothing, if u find any please report here

Don't forget to hit the thanks button :laugh:

####Liked My work??? ####
    Buy me a coffee :- https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Marc0601
    Or donate via PayPal :-https://www.paypal.me/Marc0601
    #####################

Galaxy tab pro 8.4 wifi telegram group:-
    https://t.me/SMT320

Check this guys, it is Twrp 3.2.2-0 for our device ?
    Last update 02-07-2018
    CMSetupWizard crash is fixed in build #12
    @phoval could you please include hashsums on your download page? I have problems with corrupted zips on a regular basis and would really like to verify if I have downloaded correctly.

Thanks!

Done. You can click on an item to show it.
    20170814194709_5991e21d3d61e.png
    I just realized I have a copy of the 20190531 build, which I've posted here for anyone who needs it:
    lineage-14.1-20190531-mondrianwifi.zip
    MD5: fb913b45599a9a40769f24de4e8e273a (this can be verified on https://nyyu.dev/builds by clicking on any blank part of the row with this build)

If anyone has a copy of one of the newer builds (@phoval?), much appreciated if you could share it here.
    lineage-14.1-20190929-mondrianwifi.zip
    lineage-14.1-20190701-mondrianwifi.zip

I have lineage-14.1-20190701-mondrianwifi.zip, md5sum: 6957a8f4accf641bdfba627f0c7015c7

I find it worth mentioning though that there are newer inofficial builds for Lineage 16 and even 17 by @Valera1978. He even managed to get the camera working in both builds.

HTH Martin
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone