[ROM] [7.1.x] LineageOS 14.1 OFFICIAL Builds (pme)

Search This thread

trev23sks

Sep 22, 2009
Detroit
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I updated to N with the Sprint RUU, and it still doesn't contain an rfg_3.img, so I'm still good to run LOS. It'd be interesting to know what the differences are. Maybe it could be implemented in LOS. Then Sprint users would not need to be s-off to make the necessary changes.

What I did was flashed a modified firmware and when I switch back to Sprint's Firmware I was still able to boot that IMG might be in here imma check it out

Reactions: The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle

trev23sks

Sep 22, 2009
Detroit
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I updated to N with the Sprint RUU, and it still doesn't contain an rfg_3.img, so I'm still good to run LOS. It'd be interesting to know what the differences are. Maybe it could be implemented in LOS. Then Sprint users would not need to be s-off to make the necessary changes.

Yeah it's there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170227-130028.jpg
    Screenshot_20170227-130028.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 678

Ratief

Jul 27, 2012
I noticed that we don't have color support for our LED yet. I remember long ago that I was doing something and I'm pretty sure that I saw the LED cycle through various RGB colors. What caught my eye was that I saw blue (that is what I'm reembering anyway). Before I go trying to figure out where (and hopefully how) I wanted to know if it would be something helpful?

Right now I'm thinking that I saw it as part of the bootloader unlocking process. So once I get a full backup off of my phone I'm thinking about going through that process again and hoping to see it. I'm thinking that would mean that the assembly to look at would possibly be the aboot partition. If anyone has any thoughts I'd lot to hear them.

jt1975

Oct 20, 2012
I recently flashed the latest RUU for Sprint that is now Nougat, then flashed TWRP-3.0.3-9_UNOFFICIAL-pme, wiped everything except SD card, then flashed the latest 2/23 build and it kept crashing on the set up page, I rebooted into recovery, wiped everything except SD card, flashed the 2/15 build and no crashes, so clean flashing the 2/23 build did not work for me, 2/15 worked, and I then dirty flashed 2/23 ok.

StelardActek

Jun 29, 2010
I've just installed the 2017-02-23 nightly, and the phone is making what I can only describe as a faint, high pitched whine. It's not constant, and seems to happen mostly when the screen is on. It doesn't seem to happen during boot, and I don't think I remember hearing it before from this device.
Before installation I was on the latest Australian official 6.0 ROM, and I installed via TWRP 3.0.3-9_UNOFFICIAL-pme. I've installed only LineageOS and open_gapps-arm64-7.1-nan-20170226.zip. Has anyone else experienced this?

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
I noticed that we don't have color support for our LED yet. I remember long ago that I was doing something and I'm pretty sure that I saw the LED cycle through various RGB colors. What caught my eye was that I saw blue (that is what I'm reembering anyway). Before I go trying to figure out where (and hopefully how) I wanted to know if it would be something helpful?

Right now I'm thinking that I saw it as part of the bootloader unlocking process. So once I get a full backup off of my phone I'm thinking about going through that process again and hoping to see it. I'm thinking that would mean that the assembly to look at would possibly be the aboot partition. If anyone has any thoughts I'd lot to hear them.

Our phone doesn't have a full RGB LED only RG @tbalden did a lot of testing with this before he made the charging LED colour function in his kernel. So not sure where you seen a blue light on a HTC 10 phone.

teacherhh

Jul 19, 2012
Hamburg
Hi! After running Viper as stock-rom and right now DU, I want to try LingeageOS. I made a complete backup with the latest version of TWRP. Anything I should care about by trying to install LingeasOS? Will it be easy to restore my backup with TWRP or are there any porblems because of forced-encryption?

Meowdib

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo ThinkPhone (by Motorola)
Yes, just wanted to know, if I get everything right.

http://wiki.lineageos.org/pme_install.html
Anything specific you are worried about? Basically, should be on the latest unofficial TWRP to be able to decrypt data successfully.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

@crpalmer

The work that has been done on this ROM since I got my phone in December has been phenomenal. Everything is pretty much working and while all the features from stock rom are probably never going to be able to go into Lineage, Lineage has things it does much better than Stock, for example battery is much better. The only thing that I really flash Stock rom for is when I know there will be a special occasion for taking pictures or video and while the quality is decent on AOSP camera, many of the great features from Stock, such as, HDR are missing. Checking the review of Lineage OS, I see the commits going in for SNAP dragon camera and wanted to see if there were plans to enable it on our device? Since it is a qualcomm product, we might see even better image results than stock. If you need logs or a tester, let me know and I can provide the information for you on anything that is not working.

Last edited:
Reactions: tabp0le

teacherhh

Jul 19, 2012
Hamburg
Using this ROM as a daily driver....like it very much! Flashed the 23rd nightly but still getting this version as update version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170301-171542.png
    Screenshot_20170301-171542.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 390

StelardActek

Jun 29, 2010
Hm. When I tried to use Android Pay yesterday, my phone didn't seem to even recognise the terminal, as if NFC wasn't working. Not sure how to go about troubleshooting this issue since I don't have any working NFC cards on hand.

Has anyone else had this issue, coming from Australian stock 6.0 to lineage-14.1-20170223-nightly-pme-signed.zip?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

LineageOS 14.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Other Issues Not in Known Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

If you have a hard reboot (to the vendor boot logo, not the LineageOS boot logo), use adb or any other file explorer tool to pull a copy of

/sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops (command: adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops)

after the reboot and provide that.

Note: We will not support any kind of modification on the ROM not done by our sources. If you are running XPosed, Kernel Booster or whatever occurs to you, we won't support you in any way. The problem will in every case be treated as the additional softwares' fault (because often it is!)

Google apps addon:
    We are using Open GApps (Link) Arm64 version. (make sure to use 64bit when using other packages), others might also be working and make sure you download the right version. I do not recommend stock or full or anything that replaces default apps as this has been known to cause problems (e.g. replacing the dialer with a stock dialer can make it crash).

Note: In case you want to use any gapps, YOU MUST install the right gapps the first time that you flash a marshmallow or later ROM. Do not boot with an older gapps or without one and then try to install it later.
    Note: If you install a package which replaces the default dialer (mostly "Stock Gapps") you have to go to Settings->Apps->Gear-Icon and set the new dialer as a default telephony app to prevent force closing of apps

Known Issues

• None that I am aware of.

If you encounter any other issues, please let me know by filing a bug in JIRA with:

• logs
    • steps to reproduce
    • carrier
    • firmware: stock M or N as your last RUU/official update

problems reported without all of this information will usually be ignored and even occasionally flamed...

Coming from my unofficial builds?

When you already had an unofficial (pre-official) build installed, feel free to install the " experimental" build. As we have tightened security, this build is meant to preserve your data during migration. After you have booted it once, please install the next official nightly to complete the procedure (and get rid of the watermark). Please note that this might fail so always take a backup first!
    For more info visit this LINK

Download

Instruction: Instructions including POTENTIAL DATA LOSS
    Download: LineageOS download site

Changelog

https://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/pme

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    crpalmer
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_htc_msm8996

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2016-12-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-09
    I have added pme to the list of devices that will get 14.1 official builds when they start to roll out (no ETA on when that will be).

The next build will fix the last bluetooth problem and the fingerprint sensor for M firmware was fixed awhile ago (but I forgot to update the list of known issues until right now). That takes care of the bugs that I consider significant enough to block release at the standards required for our devices.
    Installation Notes

Installation Notes:

We have tested the upgrade from CM-13.0 (official / unofficial) and a clean install.
    It is possible to install LineageOS 14.1 over an existing installation of CM-13.0 by following those steps:

* Download the zip from the link
    (* If you have Google Apps installed, you will need to update those as well, download a package for Android 7.1 ARM64 from OpenGApps for example)
    * Push zip(s) to device
    * Reboot to recovery
    * Do a Backup of Boot, System, Data (optional but recommended)
    * Choose Install and select the zip of LineageOS 14.1 and read next step before proceeding
    * If you want Google Apps, it is required to install them BEFORE you boot into LineageOS the first time
    * Install
    * Clear cache / dalvik
    * Reboot

Please make sure you are aware of the known and the possibility of unknown issues before considering installation!
    FYI, I have added this device to the official weekly build roster. When the official builds come out early next week I will stop my unofficial builds, rename this thread and update the installation instructions.
    @crpalmer It looks like pme didn't make the list getting official builds. Will you continue building yourself?List

For now. I pulled it from the list at the last minute because I just started to get a better understanding of needing to format userdata after using N stock software. I wanted to look at it more before unleashing the official builds.